Rimworld

Boner Landmass Edition (BLE)
This is the best game out right now. Maybe not. I can't stop playing it, that's all I know. Let's talk about this game.
I like to modify the rich explorer start type and disable the random joiners because I hate getting a random retard who is useless. I usually choose classic and rough with permadeath.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754010247
my.mixtape.moe/ommmbm.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I may be awake for far too long but that looks like an ostrich to me

I still dont get what to do in this game. It's like
prison architect right?

it's dwarf fortress with PA stuff

the random starts with like x3000 flesh parts are unplayable for me since they gross me out. good game. looking forward to the travel updates so i can become a raider

I haven't played this game in months, fucking what?

Think aped PAs graphics and a shallow single Z level DF. Ultimately you manage a colony (rarely larger then a few dozen colonists) which dies either from your boredom or from the ever increasing raider stream.

Reposting from agdg/vm thread

Making progress on my Children mod for RimWorld. Currently toddlers can still do everything adults can do, but children are almost much feature complete. Just need to remove the adulthood backstories, and child backstories if they weren't born in your colony.

what's the time abstraction in rimworld? is it high enough for children to make sense? cool mod

Thank you very much dude keep up the amazing work! I'm looking forward to this a lot!

Has the update with caravans and shit been released yet?

Europa without africa

is there sex in this game, more importantly is there sex with lolis?

no lolis, and I'm not even sure if there's sex. It's still in development, so I could see both of those being added

It takes four years for a pawn to become a child, at which point they can do pretty much anything an adult can do, albeit with less skill/slower. I figure four years is not too bad (that's the vanilla numbers mind, I'm just adding functionality/graphics) since it provides some challenge. The colony I played lady was 6 years in so it's not that long of a time frame. Babies will have to stay in a bed until they can move and eat on their own at something like 2 years old? I can't remember exactly when babies become toddlers at the moment.

pic related Well my mod certainly adds little boys and girls, and RimWorld already has sex. I just need to enable sex to actually cause pregnancy as it already does in animals. Human pregnancy is already mostly functional in vanilla but has to be caused with a dev mode 'cheat'. As for adult/children lewd interactions I'm probably not going to add custom code to allow that if it's not already functional. The code for children in RimWorld is nearly nonexistent except for timeframe placeholders, so it's hard to say what all can be done without testing and taking the time to actually read through the source code.

Thanks niggas

All sex is is two colonists lying in bed without facing each other while hearts pop up.

is it still early access

Good enough for me

Yes- but it's a fully functional game. There's nothing that's just broken or shittily implemented like most 'early access' games. They're just adding more features at this point.

Despite that, I would still recommend waiting.
It's lacking in content for the game it's trying to be.

Could somebody upload this mod to a dropbox or something?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754010247

anybody else getting this? I don't have a clue what do do other than re-download shit

bump I need more steam mods

I tried to use a browser script to download it, but it didn't work. Sorry fam. You can get the Medieval Times mod from the Ludeon forums though. I don't know if that steam mod does a better job integrating medieval stuff into the base game. Medieval Times does a pretty poor job of integrating its content with the base game.

Sure thing user, here you go.
my.mixtape.moe/ommmbm.zip

Is there a mod that improves character models? I really hate this style.

Where do I download this game? I saw a link here before but never actually used it.

Never take down the steel wall boys..

Oh god the centipedes raped my poor mace wielding villagers..

Has the bullshit RNG been fixed yet?

Last time I played 2/5 of my people died of malaria when I ran out of medicine, because the herbs I planted on the first fucking day did not grow in time. I played on easiest difficulty.

From the share thread
#!AskDhQKC!vo93aRZprSw9ltz20ZrFehXvYJlOnT1nHE0pIcdoucw

Try again, shit happens.

No thanks, I'd prefer to fail from my own shortcomings, not RNG.

Why is Rimworld so damn comfy?

last played a14. waiting on a16.

webm

not really game over, but i don't like losing anyone either.
that's why i don't use meds for bruises and stupid injuries.

Giving the pawns custom detailed character sprites wouldn't be difficult, but animating them for every possible task in the game would be a nightmare.

Thanks user.

How crucial are the animations to gameplay? Could they just be replaced by static sprites that never move?

Isn't an example of what I'm walking about with dwarf fortress sprites?

I guess you could, but it might look strange to not have them moving at all with more detailed graphics. The way RimWorld gets away with it normally is it just doesn't bother drawing arms or legs and implies their existence/movement.

I don't recall having any injuries because of the easiest difficulty.

It's just not possible to survive if you get malaria so early because you don't start with enough medicine to treat it. Maybe you could if you put everyone to bed 24/7 or something, I don't know what the exact mechanics of diseases are, but being forced to live for weeks without half your people is just about as retarded as having them die.

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit but some of the logic makes me frick.

You know you're gonna eat, don't frick.

You chose this, don't be mad.

They really should have an option to interrupt if the shot isn't safe. I cannot believe how good one of my colonist is at killing her friends with one shot at a great distance in some insane cone.

This aint daycare nigga, you're not supposed to have fun or be comfortable. I almost wish there was a mechanic for this that was the opposite of how it is now. I want them to be so miserable with how bad the prison is and taunt them with how good our colony is, persuade them into joining not coax them.

I wish you could change the medicine like you can set things in the stockpile, I want some people to get treated with high quality medicine but not for a damn bruise, waste all of it then someone get shot and we're left with nothing but herbal.

Door permissions would be nice too, sometimes I want some people to be able to open some doors, not just a toggle for "everyone or nobody".

All that said I really like this game and look forward to any improvements/additions. There's something really relaxing about it but it can also get tense. Even the things I mentioned can lead to a funny time even if it's disastrous for the colony.

All valid criticisms. You missed:

Of course Better Surgeries: Less Randomness in Failures fixes that one mods will fix it :^)