To celebrate the release of tranny

..I'm going to play some other game.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Kc207
latining.tumblr.com/post/141567276944/tabletop-gaming-has-a-white-male-terrorism-problem
shadowrun.tumblr.com/post/142318502791/we-are-the-future
nexusmods.com/shadowrundragonfall/mods/3/?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455434970
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

legit best game of the series.
even though hong kong iterated on the combat, it had a dull story and uninteresting companions.

This thread is a bit late, the game was on sale for $3 until very recently

*glory best grill*

I've been playing this since I picked it up in the gog sale around a week ago. Shit's great, just finished Bloodline, but I've felt since pretty much the third or fourth mission that I made a shitty character and want to restart.
I started human street samurai and went all in on melee weapons but because of the default archetype stats I've got like six karma in ranged weapons and pistols that isn't doing jack shit for me. It also seems like Glory performs just as well as my super specialized guy in melee while also having good pistol skills and good healing, though I think no matter what type of character you build the companions are going to have just strictly more stats than you.

Also I thought X-Com was shitty for how many 80%+ attacks missed, Jesus Christ is this game worse than that. I think my actual accuracy for 90% hit chance attacks is like 25%, but 45% smg shots will reliably hit all three times.

You're gonna need more foam than that to fix her ugly face.

I was thinking of running melee with a little magic thown in..

That would probably be a much better way to do melee and likely what my next character will end up being, I think that's basically what adepts are supposed to be and since you've got to go into int for chi casting you might as well drop a few points into normal spellcasting and get some armor break/buff spells.

Shadowrun unlimited really needs to be ported over to HK. The engine improvement plus the actual freedom would make HK worth it for once.

They don't get more stats, companions in Shadowrun are designed to do things differently from how you would do it. They get less skill that a fully specialized character but do it in a unique way. It was made this way so you could run two characters of the samr type without it being a waste.

shadowrun is cucked
archive.is/Kc207

confirmation bias. so sick of people saying "omg my 95% shot didn't hit what the fuck bullshit rng".

i was actually thinking I'd maybe get this in the next sale or some shit but that option suits me just fine.

I dunno about that, at least in the mid game the companions definitely have straight up more stats than you, these stats are from the end of the MKVI mission which is the latest save I have with people still in my party by which point I'd been doing every single sidequest and I think the companions were all level 3 at this point. I might have passed them since then since they've only gone up to 4 but I'm at like 156 karma in my most recent save, I really wish they'd let you check teammate stats in the base.

AoE and shotguns are your friends.

Use the custom class to stop wasted karma points.

so what happened?

You could at least play a good game instead, OP.

The usual.

Cuckchan wants you back.

Well, that 99 year B& probably expired by now :^)

if games are shit enough to include rng then they deserve to be called on it every time it annoys someone. Maybe then they'll start using the COMPUTER to calculate stuff instead of copying a board game.

The bad ending in Dragonfall is great.

RNG is not the problem, shitty implementation is.

You seem to entirely miss the point of RPGs or why dice rolls exist.

Nope, rng is the problem. It's totally dumb, unrealistic and totally misused.
If it were up to me I'd roll a dice to decide whether the game would listen to your input, that'd be a good roleplaying experience right?

So is magic. What are you even trying to say?

You basically want combat to be realistic? So you can get shot once and die? If you don't like the general mechanics then RPGs are clearly not for you.

Fucking hell, what did they do to Shadowrun?

So, what's exactly your point?

They made a couple average crpgs that have a crappy cellphone ui?

ayy

I mean in regards to this apparent tranny. With M:tG getting fucked over, I would hate to see Shadowrun meet the same fate, even if in vidya form.

agreed

What tranny? Glory?

pls don't

I guess? I just want to know what OP's going on about and whether it might reflect on changes towards the actual IP.

Fucking hell user

He's making a crack about the game Tyranny which was just released by Obsidian and Paradox, which people mockingly call tranny because it has shitty writing and a lot of strong independent women who don't need no man.

The could use a parachute though :^)

Every time until you like it

Trannies in Shadowrun are just as logical as that one fucking tranny in BG Dragonspear that studied languages to make his own special name instead of getting a fucking girdle of femininity and call it a day.

Because trannies is clearly what the audience wants. Just because there is a possibility of it existing does not mean the audience gives enough of a shit to encounter an example.

If a game dev wants to bend over and ignore the lore because "virtue signaling", then I won't support that dev anymore.
Trannies in any universe with high fantasy/high technology make no sense at all.

It's PR user, being all inclusive and progressive is the current "in" thing to do, I'm sure you already know that.

I don't like SJWs especially, however the devs for shadowrun actually let you do most things, within reason. The 'strike back against the man' shit makes sense in the context of the source material, but the endings and some of the decisions in Dragonfall were outright sadistic right wing death squad tier while you had the options to be more huggy or balanced. I don't remember a single bit of SJW-esque preaching in Dragonfall except one of Glory's lines in the ending and you just stopped armageddon and possibly snuffed a dragon, that's a good time to go "Fuck yes, we can't be stopped if we really want something"
I noticed there's some more SJW overtones in HK, especially with the Dorf and her 'safe space' but part of her interactions is getting her to realise running from shit and hiding away in your safe space is a bloody stupid idea and it will come back to haunt you. The devs may or may not hate me for being a white heterosexual male but they make good games that have the sequels noticiably improving the game mechanics with every game (Dragonfall's story is rock solid and better gameplay than Returns but only a fool would argue HK isn't best gameplay wise.) The ydon't take any available moment to take a shit on me for it and they don't have any LOOK AT ME THIS IS A REFERENCE TO GAMERGATE AND THEY'RE ALL FUCKING SCUM moments and they don't use their game to lecture me or as shitty propaganda so I'm okay with them.

Don't do an archetype, roll a custom class and go all-out on your core stats. In HK, I've had a monofilament whip for most of the game, I'm solidly tanky, and I can whip out a rifle for longer range situations. I'm doing the kind of damage mid-game that I didn't see with my Dragonfall rigger until late-game (and most of that was from party members like Glory).

So are the people who made these recent game SJW or is it just the people who made the tabletop game?
Because I do remember that somebody on the HBS team tweeted something along the lines of "we support gamergate" before being shouted down for possibly alienating costumers or somesuch by the higher ups.

Are you trying to give me an erection? Autoreload arm and that grenade launcher is also godtier.

Don't be such a condescending faggot. It's clear I'm talking about realism in regards to RNG systems. And you can easily have an RPG without any randomness so I don't get where you think "general mechanics" comes in.

/tg/ has the full details, but the short version is that some hambeast lied about a local game store's clientele sexually harassing her, to the point of practically reenacting a Game of Thrones scene, and despite the store (and its husband/wife owners) publicly calling bullshit, the Shadowrun IP owners went maximum virtue-signalling over it.

HBS (vidya) is semi-SJW. CGL (tabletop/license), in case the initials didn't tip you off, is distilled koolaid.

That just means the pozz hasn't yet flooded the critical thinking parts of their brain to the point they stop caring that voicing your politics as a company might be a bad idea.

I call bullshit and you a baitnigger.

Okay, /tg/ had the full details. When this happened. Close to a year ago, you fucking dipshit. Note the date on their Tumblr post.

It's so stupidly good. Range is solid, and you'll build up an array of bitchin' abilities that will let you alpha strike someone with stunlock, ridiculous damage, and tons of bleeding. Plus, because the damage is considered melee (even though it uses ranged for hit chance), hitting someone removes their cover.

Old fa/tg/uy here, it's true. Happened a while back.

latining.tumblr.com/post/141567276944/tabletop-gaming-has-a-white-male-terrorism-problem

shadowrun.tumblr.com/post/142318502791/we-are-the-future

It sparked off lots of controversy in the tabletop world, which suffers from SJWs even more than vidya, despite (possibly because of) the fact that it's much more niche.

It suffers because you faggots bend over at every turn and take it in the ass from these people. You welcomed tumblr and all the flavors of oven dodgers if features into your homes and shops, because you thought of them as kindred spirits, what with nerds and God's mistakes being persecuted and marginalized.

Turns out it wasn't such a smart move, and now they want you out, and you, servile cucks that you are, politely acquiescence and tip your fedora.

Sorry, I don't frequent tumblrs. Mind filling me in on this petty, outdated bullshit? Since it's obviously relevant and all.

Oh I know it happened, what I don't know why these Holla Forums rejects can't shitpost without regurgitating some drama. Post some memes or shit like your run of the mill faggot or something.
I swear, every other bloody thread same shit.

You can always go to cuckchan. You won't have to deal with nasty wrongthink over there, and for a few pieces of silver you can enjoy being a virtual Jew, much as you enjoy being on IRL.

The SJW issue in tabletops is probably because it's easier to get into the production side of things without real skills, you just have to be able to churn out what is essentially fanfiction. On the player side, because tabletop communities are more insular it's easier for fragile snowflakes to be coddled in their circles and then get whiplash when they meet a new group and realize not everyone is willing to put up with their obnoxious pan-genderqueer-trans-demi-wolfkin-kobold on a quest to instate gay marriage laws in the face of a lich invasion.

You and your ilk are the reason why webm related must exist.

I don't know where you are from but here, in france of all fucking places, special snowlfakes and fedora tippers are both considered unwelcome at most tabletop clubs.
If you smell like a dead cat you are out, if you can't shut up about muh pronoun or fantasy racism you are out.

If the people in charge of writing the rules drink the kool-aid it's out of my control.

good one OP

Don't assume that all grognards are pozzed faggots because the cuckchan /tg/ hotpockets are. You might as well say that all gamers are cucked nu-males that love Gone Home for its serious, deep, artistic value as a storytelling medium.

Because in the relatively small tabletop community as a whole, it was really fucking major drama.

You're spot-on, those are two of the major issues.

classic greentext right there, wish I knew where it was on my drive.

What's tabletop like in yuropoor-land? Do you come up with crazy shit like EYE?

Based user with top-tier ID.

Same as everywhere else, for 100 drizzt you get one sir bearington.
Only major difference afaik, new players tend to base their characters on Franco-Belgian comics instead of capes. (When it's not LOTR or GoT anyway).

Put some words in my mouth, I wasn't really convinced that you're a panicmongering piece of shit so far or anything.

And you can fuck right back to reddit or whatever shithole you leaked from. Cancer like you killed chanology, helped kill GG and god knows you're killing this place.
Talk some vidya motherfucker. Not every thread needs to be cirklejerking over social issues.

Yeah but A: this ain't /tg/ and B: shit's old, how long you going to milk it?
Depends. Plenty of homebrews with olderfags but you only see 5e and magic with kids.

Chanology and GG died because of cucks like you, that only wanted to talk about ethics in game journalism.

You will hang with the rest of your liberal brethren when the day comes.

haha epic post my edgy underage roleplaying reddit retard :D

As opposed to how they do it now, where a guy in a room somewhere rolls dice and then mails you the result of your RNG?

As long as it's a noticeably different medium from vidya.

>there will never be a VR title where you dungeon crawl and adventure through a NWN-like DM-created setting, using motion controls like those in Onward to fight and interact, giving you a perfect balance between LARP, tabletop, and vidya

Interesting. My boss (who took his 2e books to Afghanistan and played with his squad) is a big 5e fan, and I've enjoyed it so far.

Fuck off, that was the final blow that brought about the truly Eternal Summer.

BRAIN PROBLEMS

Best Shadowrun game coming through

That's not the Sega one.

Can't you stop acting like a moron for a moment and just talk vidya? Remember having a comfy thread? When did don't shit where you sleep stop making sense to you?

When I first started playing it was homebrew like you wouldn't believe. Faggots would clamor over a players handbook, pull monsters out of thin air and supplement the lack of dedicated dice with playing cards or dominoes or shit.

Now it's 90% prefab modules, shiny plastic covers on new books and stock characters. And that's when they play and are not just there to pick up the latest mary sue: the novel or some crappy new cards or collectibles.

Pls, I thought trump winning would end all this

Have you been in Holla Forums in the last year? Everything here devolves into political discussion.

Anyway, paly the Snes and Genesis games, they're great. If you wanna play something new play Dragonfall, it's a good game, don't listen to fags who only care for the political view of the devs. If it bothers you, just pirate it.

I was actually thinking of buying it now that I have disposable income but I can't find anyone talking about the expansions or the game.

I wanted to know if it's still as linear as the base game and the levels feed you the way forward with clearly identifiable paths that you know what skill you'd need to take (a huge turn off for me).
But I guess it's more important to talk about politics and gender issues here because where else are you gonna do it? Tumblr? Gotta preach to the choir, boy!

Thank fuck for that.

Dragonfall is alright, and director cut adds some new side missions and gear. It also rebalances combat so that five ranks of lightning bolt is no longer the best build out there.

Hong Kong has much better (more interactive) side missions, a vampire waifu, is buggier and the main story is weaker. Also gun builds are actually fun in this one.
HKDC adds a very buggy epilogue campaign.

I saw an expansion in Steam about zombies too: Shadowrun Chronicles: INFECTED Director's Cut
Why does no one ever mention that one? Is it too new or that bad? Or is Shadowrun Chronicles an entire different game?

Different game.

Anyone played Blackguards yet? it's on sale for 5 bucks and was thinking about biting the bullet and going for it.

Hong Kong's hub was a slog and a half, I liked that almost every mission could be completed without combat if you had the right build, though you probably couldn't build a character to get through every mission without combat. Unfortunately when it came to the actual combat the encounters were poorly designed. The plot was worse and some of the characters were more annoying than in Dragonfall, but honestly Racter alone makes up for the bad ones and there are other good characters. The hacking was fucking awful, I just wanted the matrix to have better/unique tilesets and more NPC's/dialog, not be a shitty realtime isometric stealth game.

The DLC was actually pretty good, fairly combat focused but with the encounters well designed this time around, and the setup was interesting. Plus you have a character focused ending with an ethical choice/character affecting decision to make as opposed to a plot focused ending where you get to choose between black and white morality options.

I still think Dragonfall:DC is the best game in the series, but HK isn't bad. I know they said they wouldn't do another one but I'd pay for a Renraku Arcology game with the hub design dropped and more branching C&C. Shame the editor is so shit; can't import models, no global persistence, utterly useless.

That's really not fair. t. nexusmods.com/shadowrundragonfall/mods/3/?

I enjoy any plot that lets me outwit gods in dialog

I guess, it didn't really feel like I earned it though since I managed to get it by going through the motions every time I went back to the hub.

It's entirely fair; having no global persistence is completely fucking retarded and massively limited what the module creator can do. You can contact the creator of Antumbra and ask them if they think the Shadowrun editor is shit and I guarantee they'll say yes. Module creators are making modules out of passion not because the editor is good; a good number of the people still working on modules come from the NWN community and will extol at length the failings of HBS in not listening to their criticism after the release of both Returns and Dragonfall.

Looks like I got something to play after I finish Dragonfall.

I liked dragonfall, did they do a directors cut of hongkong yet because Hong Kong kept crashing for me and I just got tired of trying to play it. Was kind of enjoying it too.

What?

I can't really argue that.

They did. You get a small campaign set immediately after the big bad.

Tyranny by Obsidian.

WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN
WOMEN AND MEN

NO MERCHANT BACKGROUND
NO MERCHANT BACKGROUND
NO MERCHANT BACKGROUND
NO MERCHANT BACKGROUND
NO MERCHANT BACKGROUND
NO MERCHANT BACKGROUND
NO MERCHANT BACKGROUND

Good cuz that's what I did. :^)

out of all the Tyranny criticism this just seems totally pointless. Does it actually matter which is said first? Is there a grammar rule or some cultural thing in the english language that makes it so that you should put men before women when saying "men and women"?

I don't even give a shit if they put SJW stuff in their games, but they should allow the player to come to their own conclusions in regards to various factions or outlooks on things. Look at Fallout- NV- you could argue they have the good guy/bad guy thing down, but it's more nuanced than that. Rarely do you come across a moustache-twirling douche whose only motivation is "Eeeeeevil!" And with the dialogue "choices" pigeonholing you into the same false dichotomies as the rest of your presumably lobotomized teammates, it really does grow rather tiresome, which is a shame, because the game itself has been made rather well, and the rest of the way the lore, world, combat, etc. is presented is done very well.
Oh well.

good thing this isn't a rip off of the movie 300.

the hidden "This IS Sparta"

Ladies and Gentlemen

I don't know why you would waste your time on making shitty edits, other than because you're a NEET.

Yes that's a nice edit. Did you link to the wrong post by accident?

Yes. It's been an established convention in gaming for years. Why the need to change it? Also, character creation opens up with a black woman. Are we still pretending this wasn't deliberate on their part?

It flows more naturally.

Also, you can tell the game is politically charged by the fact there is a country where women own and inherit all the land, and much like the Venice niggers in PoE, it makes no sense in context and is seemingly only there for virtue signaling purposes. And that's ignoring the fact you can tell there was a deliberate attempt to balance out both genders in nearly every instance, and then there's Kyros and his bisexual harem and the constant dancing around his/her gender.

And then there's the tumblr tier writing where you can tell a cunt had her filthy hands in the pie.

bet you faggots saved the teenages instead to purify the spirit

is this bs?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455434970

Dude, your working for and one of the higher ups of the overlord of an evil empire that is subjecting his will on everyone and will kill and enslave anyone that does not go willingly.

this is probably the ONLY fucking time "Checking your Privilege" would actually be appropriate.

If this was some beggar turned hero and I saw that as a line, I'd agree with you 100%. But we have the power to basically decide any outcome of any dispute and people must go with it or be on pains of punishment for not recognizing our status.

Kill yourself.

I know about all the other points and know the game is a fine example of an agenda pushing SJW infested game. I just don't think the phrase "woman and man" is worth talking about so much because it's such an incredibly small fleck of shit in a pile of turds.

The original screenshot is fucking bad enough, why would you try to spread the over the top edit of it as real? Just makes you seem like an idiot and makes it easier to dismiss the real information as shitposting.

user what the fuck are you talking about? It's fucking terrible writing.

No not really considering you are also saying that to a MAN really shows that it doesn't have the sjw bullcrap you so desperately want it to be.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS
this game is worthless

Anyone actually post some sjw shit? No? how about that w&m over m&w cap?still no?

Basically the culture of the "tiers" is that men are the own boats and are captains/seafarers, and women own land, though its basically only for the poor, the rich can do whatever they want.

The stated reason by one of the residents is that the Women crave stability, while men crave wanderlust. Thus its easier if the women hold down the forts while the men go and explore and have adventures on the high seas.

It also lead to the towns basically deciding "not my problem" when the enemy came, each hoping that someone else would be taken out first before starting to stand up for themselves. So it could be said that the pettiness of the leader is what caused the tiers to fall as quickly as they did, and as such, the pettiness of women.

This would maybe make sense for an island nation. But the Tiers are 80% landlocked.

That's… Actually a fairly good criticism of feminism. There's a few tribes IRL where women are considered superior to men and there's a reason I'm calling them tribes.

What about the men in high sea? What happens to them, how does the Big Bad Villain affect them?
Because it sounds like they wouldn't give a fuck, they could just sail to another port or go to another continent. What's the BBV gonna do? Invade the ocean?

Don't you dare to shift the narrative. The fact that the Achon of tides aka the most powerful caster in the Tiers took her mostly female school of mages and ran the fuck across the said ocean while the mostly male Sages still resist in their napalm nuked library-fort is obviously coincidental.
Check your privilege.

I'm gonna get so much bourzefs

But of course it's the normal looking white male that is the suspect.

It's not major, it's just one of the first things you see in the game, and accurately sets the tone for everything to come after

One of my pet peeves is when someone doesn't know shit about someone else, and then refers to them as "he… o-or she!" even though "they" is perfectly neutral and common parlance, and this game pulls shit like that all the time

HUMANS FIRST

That's what I don't like about the Shadowrun video games, it's not as fun when you can't do/test shit like that.

What the fuck is this shit

Ultimate proof Western developers are physically incapable of making a visually pleasing waifu.

Hong Kong had better characters

3DP

You bring the cancer and memes of cucked kikes to my board threads. You insult my waifu. You threaten my people with shitposting and derailment. Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Faggot.

You're waifu a shit.

And you'ze a bitchass nigger. You all testicles and no shaft what happened to your shaft nigga?