How do i satisfy my fetish for fantasy survival games reliant on a large inventory of items?

How do i satisfy my fetish for fantasy survival games reliant on a large inventory of items?

Fuck being a dumb fagget with a large weapon who crushes everything, rereading Dungeon Meshi has rekindled a thirst i have, a deep thirst bordering on sexual desire.

You see i love fantasy games where i need a bag of tricks and tools, even in more actioney stuff like monster hunter i just feel so damn satisfied to head out on a hunt with a bag full of potions, traps and materials to make items on the go. Its my power. My pleasure. My pain. Bayybaaaaaayyy.

So i have a need for more. Theres the crafting in Atelier, but not enough dungeoneering. Theres the spooky levels and items to use in Demons Souls, but its far too easy and short for me after so many runs.

Are Roguelikes the last bastion of my fix? are there no other fantasy games where having a bag of shit D&D rogue style lets me be crafty instead of a meathead Palicuck or Whizzard?

Dragon Quest Builders could maybe partially satisfy you.

Played it and its maximum comfy but also lacking in that "tricks of the trade" angle in favour of building.

Elona might be a good fit for you. Without permadeath it's just a good ol' sandbox, and it's a better one than Todd could ever hope to promise.
you can

To a certain extent, Dragon's Dogma does offer some "tricks of the trade" type stuff.

Im currently making a harvest-moon style game with the most deep cooking system ever made
The first expansion will have complex alchemy systems
The second expansion will add simple combat and a loooooooong dungeon with monsters that can be made edible with some alchemy to purify their flesh
But i will have to blueball you OP, im still 3 years away from finishing it

Will it be lewd? It better be lewd motherfucker.

you ever tried atelier series? the main character is an alchemist who can barely attack without her potions.

Etrian odyssey.
I know i know
but even on "normal" you are dependant on items to help you out to not get fucked by FOEs or bosses.

there will be monstergirls and many qts if i manage to model them well, but i aint animating any lewds at least until all important gameplay is implemented

Will there be monsterboys as well?

not planned, still havent decided if i will add gay

this cant be in english.

There's an Elona+ thread right there, man. Granted, it's not 100% translated, but it's still more than enough to start doing whatever you want.

customizable main character will take a while, i will focus on the gameplay and leave cosmetics for after the second expansion

there will be monsterbros tho, at least a dorf

>>>/tumblr/

All I'm saying is there better be lewd. I'll find you motherfucker.

go on prove me wrong, no really, please

I once saw a doujin of an elf getting fucked by a futa/shemale(?) centaur girl. Thats about it.

You a little girl or something? At least find a proper fetish. A man's fetish. You bitchass faggot.:^)

I wan 2 fug a monsterboy

Needs Goathooves

what is wrong on wanting a story about a pure maiden riding her trusty stead to a tea party with all her friends were they can talk about boys and shit?

Thought a bit about games like that which are not roguelikes and the only one that comes to mind is Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves.
Now let me get this out in advance: It's extremely unpolished, low-budget and honestly not an objectively good game, but its gameplay fills a niche.

You're a lumberjack dude who needs to protect his house innawoods from wolves and more esoteric monsters. The monsters spawn in waves and you can see in advance which monsters will spawn where, which path they are going to take and and which building they are going to attack. You can place traps and obstacles along the path that either damage the monsters, immobilize them or completely alter the path they're taking. Before the individual missions start you will have to put down all of your traps and other gimmicks on a tactical map.
When the attack starts you have to run around and trigger some of the traps that have to be activated manually and you also have the ability to fight the enemies with a melee weapon and a musket.
When a mission is over you can go to town and stock up for the next night. Buy some consumable items, get a new armor, get a new melee weapon or musket, get some bullets. How much money you can spend depends on how much money you spent on the previous attacks, so try to conserve your resources.
As the game goes on the play area gets larger, you unlock new traps, you unlock new farm buildings to protect, you unlock new types of monsters and there will be more waves.

There are two different characters. One easy modo with strong melee attacks and one hard modo that has to rely more on traps. Pick hard mode.
The story is honestly pretty bad, but in an entertaining way. It's self-aware and knows it's pretty cookie-cutter. It didn't bother me and was a nice quick break after tense missions.

I'd recommend giving it at least a pirate if that sounds like something you would like. I really enjoyed looking for the most effective ways to take down enemies. You're being given a lot of leeway (especially in later missions). I played the game because it was in the 1$ tier of a bundle I bought ages ago and I've gotta say it exceeded my extremely low expectations wildly. Just don't expect a polished game.

Kill yourself

I am honestly surprised that there aren't any fujoshi card collecting game about monsterboys.

how embarrassing.

I bought this game ages ago on sale because I was curious. I didn't expect it to be good, but I might discover an interesting thing or two and give it a try if it's just sitting in my library.

More like for fudanshi. Theres enough of the fuckers on Holla Forums that jerk off to waifish little shota monsterbois.

I'd doubt that if they ever made one, they wouldn't make it a fujoshit considering that they are a much larger group.

Yeah, I suppose many Anons have it sitting in their library from a bundle or something like that. I've got a few dozens of games like that in my library from various bundles and sometimes I like to give a random game I know nothing about a go. Most of the time it's shit and I quit playing after a few minutes, but it's pretty satisfying when you discover a decent game noone ever talks about.

Then explain jojo sales numbers. We both know that aint just people enjoying a bizarre adventure and a beautiful duwang.

it's not garbage

That's assuming fujoshi doesn't buy jojo at all. Second the "cool" factor is at large. People seem to go along with shit if it's cool enough (mgs and ff are a great example)

Just tell me you aren't using RPGmaker or "pixel art" and you may be fine

Also show some of how fuck the game would look like

odin sphere comes to mind