Why pokemon is shit

Why do people play pokemon again?

You made this thread yesterday, faggot. Get over it, you lose.

i actually didn't but i guess lots of people think this series is trash

Yes, you did, you made the exact same thread. Now check em.

Pokemon Go is actually the best of the franchise because they actually experimented with open ended gameplay.

???

Good meme

Breaking into restricted property to catch a legendary pokeman is the most suspenseful gameplay ever in history.

I happen to agree with OP even though I know this is bait. The first games you can be justified in playing because it was a unique experience that sucks you in when you're a kid that provides a skinner-box system to keep you hooked. The idea of (((catching them all))) drove you to collect all 150 pokemon and to spend money on things like link cables, Nintendo Power, trading cards, and go to autistic events to collect exclusive content.

If you were Jewed by Nintendo the first time and got out you can be excused for your faggotry. If you actively participated in it after your first brush with a Pokemon game and shill for it you're just contributing to the problem.

its a turn based RPG with the most customisable party and has versus mode. No other matches it.

Is this your first day here?

I got a binder full of cards faggot and I hate myself for it.

Uh huh, sure.

Give me 5 minutes

I think Shin Megami Tensei is the same thing, but it's a game for greasy antisocial weebs so who cares.

You've never played SMT nor Pokemon if you actually believe that meme. Both games are radically different.

Look, i understand you are upset because your favorite game is being shat on but instead of shitposting how about you provide arguments that proof pokemon is not a linear railroaded samefest every iteration?

How about you provide arguments to your claims first? Or how about you just quit making shit reposts of threads? Or how about you keep Pokemon discussion in the Pokemon thread instead of making a whole other thread to blogpost about how much "i dislik gaem"? Fuck off, cancer.

Well, I've never played it actually because I'm not autistic, but I know that you collect and customize enemies too in smt.

I'm not digging out any more Pokemon shit but trust me I have lots more where this came from.

steven pls

This entire thread is shit-tier bait.

OP is STILL SALTY because his shit-tier bait thread got deleted or something.

-

And not only that, but they have been scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of pokemon designs as well. It's obvious they stopped giving a fuck a long time ago.

Can you honestly say this is wrong?

go back to gamestop, Brandon

THEY CAN POKE GO KILL THEMSELVES

enjoy sucking while everyone else levels incredibly fast without moving their arses

wew lad

Yes, especially the last point where the games no longer do that. Also how is any of that bad? Linearity does not equal being a bad game, and one could argue that having an open world is a sign of a bad game considering how many bad open world games there are. Also the only people I ever see begging for an open world Pokemon game are nostalgiafag redditor ideaguys.

You're trying way too hard to fit in.

could have just said that you have terminal autism

It would nice to see Nintendo keep the general Pokemon aesthetic but change the nature of the game.
For example: instead of being an up-and-coming trainer, the player could take on the role of a Pokemon Professor. They could do field research, choose a particular field to specialize in (Pokemon breeding, relations between Pokemon and humans, etc), and have trainers go out with a Pokedex to record new information.

Why do people check my dubs again?

Wow it's almost like every other JRPG.

No, no.
Like this.

No, you cannot argue like that. That's assuming causation due to correlation. There are good open world games and there are bad open world games, their quality doesn't come from if they are or aren't open but rather what they do with said world.

Newer versions might not gate your progress to the use of HM's but I'm sure they do it with some other plot device as well leading to exactly the same thing. You have a "path" you take to play the game that you can easily see by the increase in level from the wild pokemons you find as you progress in said path. You only go to the next city after you've cleared the previous one and this involves a gym with several battles before the trainer, each gym progressively harder than the previous one.

Pokemon is no different than any other JRPG, except instead of classes you have pokemons with a single equipable slot, and the protagonist doesn't show up for combat. Seriously, go play Final Fantasy 1,2 or 3. You'll get that very familiar menu with Attack, Item, Run. Only original thing it did was only having one party menber out at a time and switching between them at the cost of your turn (and I'm sure that can't be the first instance of such a concept). Oh and no regular attacks, only specials.

What a surprise.

Oh I remenber that TCG. I got to play the gameboy game (on an emulator) with that.
Friend of mine told me it was doomed from the start to fail, though. It consisted entirely on buffing the fuck out of a pokemon and one shot every other pokemon that your oponent played as he couldn't do shit the first round he's played.