TACTICAL ASSAULT COMMANDER GRIP CONTROLLER TYPE G1

Has anyone tried this?
I want to try on Hotline Miami.

Other urls found in this thread:

world.splitfish.com/
xim4.com/
kickstarter.com/projects/wooting/the-analog-mechanical-keyboard-for-precise-movemen
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't see how it'd give you any advantage over keyboard inputs in Hotline Miami or in any game really.

WASD can be a pain sometimes.

memepad + mouse, OP pls.

you get an analog stick, so movement sensitivity.
It's a smart idea actually,

I played video games on dolphin emulator like that. Completed Fragile Dreams with controller in left hand, mouse in right hand (because i needed both mouse look and analog to move slowly, or else you can't complete the game). You just need to bind it right.

What's smart about unbalanced design, touchpad+mouse combo and the fact that mouse requires surface? It would make sense if if it was generic style gamepad with trackball on the right because it can be as good as mouse, but this…

Not entirely useless but the touchpad for shits and giggles looks stupid.

Wrong file.

It is for the PS4 but compatible PS3 and PC.

It's a neat idea. WASD is shit if you don't have a pressure-sensitive keyboard. Real joystick+mouse would be better, as holding half a controller with one hand would be incredibly uncomfortable and unstable.

If you have a big chair, you can lean back and put the mousepad by your lap. It's just a hybrid design between controllers and mouse + keyboard, so you can sit comfy and still aim well. It's probably easier to hold in one hand than an actual controller.

The only disadvantage is you can't type, but maybe that's what the touchpad is for.

Finally I can enjoy video games the way I've always wanted to

I just hope whatever game you're playing need more functions than can be mapped to the six or seven buttons on that controller half

Which is why a good joystick is better; good ones have buttons and shit out the wazoo.
Too bad good left-hand joysticks are hard to find.

I blame Woolie for this.

It isn't

truely the new immersive experience

It's essentially a D-pad. It's perfectly fine if you need to be able to move exactly one speed (without holding modifier keys) in exactly 8 directions. For 3D games it's obviously shit.

Variable movement speed aside from slow/fast has never helped me in any game I've played. Most games that utilize that with a gamepad simply have two speeds that change depending on how far you've moved the analogue stick anyway. Keyboard movement only really feels awkward in games that have fixed camera angles.

So you're saying you've never played a 3D platformer, stealth game, racing game, or flight sim?

This is bullshit. Even most N64 games had more sensitive movement than this. Play around with Mario 64 or Zelda OoT a bit. I can't think of any game off the top of my head that uses an analog stick but only offers two speeds. Cut the lies.

what a meme

I'M GONNA DO IT

An analogue stick for movement is redundant when you have a mouse, you use the WASD for gross movements and use the mouse's camera control for fine movements. The only time where kb+m has issues is when you can't control the camera, like the classic RE games or DMC.

At most they're just three speeds creep, walk, run. These days most games also have crouch and sprint buttons making the analogue movement redundant.

can you casuals fuck off already?

What is the actual point in this? What problems does it "allegedly" fix?

>GUYS LOOK AT THIS BOOK THAT SAYS NIGGER AM I COOL YET?!

damn it user, the joke was reading it with the gorilla suit on. Now you just ruined it.

Nothing, unless it works for consoles. Even then you would be restricted by the maximum controller sensitivity of a normal dual stick controller.

FUCK OFF WOOLIE

It would be horrible even for consoles. It has what? 2 buttons? What kind of games are you supposed to play on that? Racing, break and accelerate?

wew

Are those prices real?

so as the owner of several devices from Xim and Splitfish I can say that these things categorically DO work and ARE better on console FPS games than a regular controller. no, it's not as good as a "real" mouse input, but it's pretty fucking impressive. I also own a steam controller and they're a hell of a lot better than that bullshit.

world.splitfish.com/

xim4.com/

Did they port Talladega Knights to the ps4?

I tried this one, returned it as fast as I could. The piece of shit actually tried mimicking the input of a controller stick instead of mixing mouse input and controller movement. It was absolute shit!

guess what. that's how they all work. that's the ONLY way they can work for console games.

although, the Splitfish FragFX Shark supports "PC mode" where the controller bits are an xinput joypad and the mouse is a mouse.

It allows for pressure sensitive, all directional input for things like movement where there needs to be an upper limit on output, and precise mouse control at the same time for things that don't need an upper speed limit like camera control.

Well that sucks, but there's no worth while shooters coming out for a while and the only one I was vaguely interested in was remastered warfare, so there's no need to get anything else than my G402.

Still I had my eye on this, just because sometimes my autism kicks in and I press a key I'm not supposed to press.
Has anybody used this?

Name one video game where you need the precision of a mouse to aim and the pressure sensitive movement of a controller.

It has 7 buttons, 4 side mouse buttons, 2 normal buttons, and a mouse wheel button. I am assuming the 2 buttons below the mouse wheel are sensitivity buttons for dpi. So it has the same amount as the right side of a normal console controller (4 face buttons, 2 triggers and that button on the analogue stick). As someone who only play FPS games on the PC, side mouse buttons are the shit.

Of course none of this will matter if it works like .

And don't say hitman, that game series was on PC before it was on consoles.

A great idea but the shape of the left controller is completely wrong. It should be something more like this.

I tried something like that once for Overwatch, I still had too many buttons missing.

I had it. It was allright if you really need all those inputs for something, but i found it was kind of heavy, and the software it used for rgb lighting kind of sucked. But the mouse itself wasnt bad. The fact that I could change the DPI to anything in client was nice. I could accomplish my dreams of using a 4K DPI mouse. I eventually upped it to 5k which was perfect for me. It fit my hand well, however i could see small hands not fitting too great. clicks were generally allright, but it occasionally felt squishy, especially after 3 months, but it nonetheless never stopped responding properly on click even after a year of heavy use. I still have it, I stopped using it for an E-blue Mazer Type-R which i continue to replace and use to this day.

is that an alien?

This looks useful for games that involve driving and shooting.

I don't think this should be a matter of "need". You don't need to use a mouse to play Doom, nor do you need to play Mario 64 with a controller with analog input, but these games are more enjoyable when you use the appropriate input devices.

I can think of an entire class of games that would benefit from analog stick movement and mouse camera control. This kind of control scheme can be applied to basically any over the shoulder third person game and first person game.

I'll use Exanima as an additional and very specific example of where this could be useful. This game only supports keyboard for movement. The mouse is used to control where your character is looking and to swing weapons. It uses "Character Relative Movement Direction" (think RE style "Tank Controls"). The rationale behind this is to allow the character to move in any direction with only 8 way movement provided by 4 directional keys. Allowing the analog stick to control character movement would solve this movement precision issue quite easily. It would also allow for variable movement speeds without needing to hold a modifier.

The main issue with these nunchuck style devices right now is low button count and software support. Not every game supports simultaneous gamepad+mouse input.

It's a forehead, you nigger.

Do you think the volos was cheap or do you have big guy heavy clicking fingers? I always click lightly and my g402 which I only use for gaming and my office mouse which I use for everything else and had since I got my pc still click like new.

It's not two analogs. It's one analog and the Neo Geo's glorious digital thumbstick.

I'm getting this, I've wanted something like this for years.

name one game you need a mouse instead of a gamepad stick.
fine control is better than on/off switches for movement.

FUCKIN' WOOLIE

never mind, it's 130 fucking dollars for a HORI product

It really is

Any sort of competitive shooter immediately comes to mind.

Wouldn't a stick that clips onto your keyboard or something, or is integrated into one, be way better? Don't lose any buttons then.

congrats, that's the point. mouse is better. a stick is better than wasd for movement, especially for games with driving.

you wouldn't?

nice rainbow and ring, faggot

Volos is most certainly cheap, however i think i just have a heavy click also. I dont think its certainly made cheaply, however i dont think it detracts too much for its cheap design. It lasts certainly. It is however, for the price, excellent quality, almost as quality as my type-R for it price.

Some games allow you to use KB and mouse and Game-pad simultaneously, Ive used analogous with mouse before. The only issue was the lack of buttons. A gaming mouse would solve that problem. That thing looks like garbage tbh.

How the fuck am I supposed to reach everything on that controller without taking my hand off the mouse?

Todd?

Reminds me of the Splitfish.

can confirm, currently use this type of set up on GTAV. works flawlesly. use regular 360 pad ofc but the style remains the same.

I'm not sure how that pad would even work, I guess if you want to be a dumbass and use it for aiming instead? I still like the idea of an analog for better movement and a mouse for aiming. It'd feel good for games that require on foot and vehicle control.

I hooked up one of these for Hawken and my brain got kinda confused

Why isn't this a thing? I'd pay 60 dollarydoos for one of those. Someone should refine it a bit and kickstart it.

Mark pls

You know, there's already a very common device intended for this sort of thing.

Need analog:
kickstarter.com/projects/wooting/the-analog-mechanical-keyboard-for-precise-movemen

robot detected

to save our mother earth from any alien attack

I started that years ago on a soft-modded Wii, but never completed it.
All I remember about it is practically all the people are gone, you go around picking up things & hearing depressing stories.

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS THAT HAVE ONCE AGAIN COMEBACK

(checked)
Same shit, really.

i have a friend who does that.
he's not normal. you people are sick.

Why do you need a purpose-built controller to hold in your left hand? Why not just hold a DS4 in your left hand and mouse of choice in your right? It's what I do for some games.

that aiming with a stick is the worst thing ever, this only helps a little as the "mouse"
on this thing is just mapped to control stick input.

what the actual fuck?

Games like Hotline Miami can't use the mouse and the Xbox 360 controller at the same time. For specifically that controller, it has the right shoulder buttons moved the left if you need more buttons.

Clint, of LGR fame, tried it and did not like it.

You faggots keep saying this shit like it's a fact. Stop.

What does this shit have to do with Woolie?

he mentioned doing this for overwatch

Maybe for sudden stops of movement, but in terms of possible movement directions the stick has keys beat by virtue of having more than 8 possible inputs.

Some sufficiently autistic user should do a comparison between sticks and movement keys so we can look at the numbers and finally put this debate to bed.

I've seen that anime.

He's a nigger, and thus blamable for everything.

it's even named after Holla Forums's old chariacature.

it's an objective fact that analog movement provides numerous degrees of freedom in every direction within a 3D space. Analog inputs are excellent in general, and the lack of standardized options for them on PC is preventing the platform from being good for anything but rts/gs/clicker games and fps.

Only use I can see for it is emulating wii games.

Seems to me like having that touchpad and shit would make it uneven to hold, I'd rather just have a jerry-rigged nunchuk or chinee nunchuk ripoff to work with mouse than that. Altough an analog movement coupled with mouse is definitely something i'd like to see in vidya

Didn't notice how many shoulder buttons that had until this. Really glad to see that others are finally taking note of this idea.

It's going to depend on entirely how it's weighted. Without being able to touch it and pick it up there's no way to know.

having a digital button on each finger is superior for most games you would use a keyboard and mouse on.

Depending on exactly what you want to do, a variety of tools like JoyToKey, Xpadder, x360ce, and Xinput Plus (separately or in combination, depending on what you're trying to do) can get you pretty much any input device-to-game configuration you can think of.

You can remap buttons and analog axes, combine multiple devices into single virtual devices, split single devices into multiple virtual ones, emulate mice/keyboards with gamepads, and visa versa, all in software.

There will never again be a native input API as user-friendly as InputSprocket

Why did nobody ever tell me about this? I usually don't care about Japanese cartoons, but I really needed something like this in my live.

All of the reviews I've seen on this device is from the perspective of using a mouse on a console. It's not a big surprise that emulating the right stick with a mouse isn't going to give great results.

I'm more interested in seeing a review that focuses on using the just the keypad on the PC. I want to know how comfortable the analog stick is in that position if you were to use it for something like Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma.

I almost bought a woodsmaster because of that show and am still thinking of going to bag me a grizzly.

lewd

The Wii-mote and nunchuk has an interesting form factor.

Anime is dead.

It looks like every other anime

pc update never ever ;_;

I already have a g13 sitting unused and collecting dust, I don't see why I'd be any more likely to use this.

user I'm sorry to alert you but your keyboard is a homosexual.

how much did you pay for it?

Nigga, humans have 5 fingers in each hand, not 2.
Your thumb can reach all buttons on the left side and you have two fingers on the mouse keys where your index gets to the wheel and your other two fingers reach the buttons on the other side.

$36 I think

Stop being fat.

Stop playing MMOs.

wow. be careful you dont shoot up a school with that, white boy.

But I'm Asian.

VSQ?

Go back to China, Chan.

Fuck off, I get to make friends while sitting in the basement.

I like it, it would help my build a stronger grip for my left hand and make my gayman about as good

Fuck, I keep forgetting to read it

lewd

Wow, you pc players get really passionate when your flaws are brought out in the open, huh?

Just throwing this out there, control sticks use a single thumb instead of most of your fingers. On top of the better input options and ergonomics.

yellow nigger.

Reverse image search to get the joke.

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES! WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK!

I have a habit of doing that and it hurts the fuck out of my right index finger after about half an hour of play

Can someone fucking clean his goddamn oily as shit skin?

You disgust me

As a blind person, this post is retarded! You should know exactly where those keys are without issue or need of indicators!

THE E.D.F DEPLOYS!

I made that post 3 days ago!
COUNT THEM!
I I I
threeee
Why are you bumping this thread?!