Mistrial for South Carolina Officer Who Shot Walter Scott

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20161206013502/http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/us/walter-scott-michael-slager-north-charleston.html?_r=0
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/11/no-racial-bias-police-shootings-study-harvard-prof/
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/03/16/lesson-learned-from-the-shooting-of-michael-brown/?utm_term=.8e078105f4b9
washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/
washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/5/police-officers-more-hesitant-to-shoot-black-suspe/
washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.39b0bf0787dc
washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.fa5c7b576074
washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/09/are-black-or-white-offenders-more-likely-to-kill-police/?utm_term=.d8e2dc2abbdd
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0141854#sec005
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Link
web.archive.org/web/20161206013502/http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/us/walter-scott-michael-slager-north-charleston.html?_r=0

What the fuck is wrong with these retards

white people lol

I saw that the judge ignored the jury's request for clearer instructions. They sent back requests for definitions of things like "passion", etc. and the judge just said use your common sense.

What'cha doin', Holla Forums?

Americans are so copcucked that they could see a video of a cop raping a baby and not convict him.

It was just intensive interrogation technique bro

The baby was clearly resisting arrest.

BLM's central premise that cops are specifically targeting blacks for death is simply not true.

No racial bias in police shootings, study by BLACK Harvard professor shows
>washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/11/no-racial-bias-police-shootings-study-harvard-prof/

‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ was built on a lie
>washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/03/16/lesson-learned-from-the-shooting-of-michael-brown/?utm_term=.8e078105f4b9

“Adjusted for the homicide rate, whites are 1.7 times more likely than blacks die at the hands of police … Adjusted for the racial disparity at which police are feloniously killed, whites are 1.3 times more likely than blacks to die at the hands of police.”
>washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/

The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks, research finds
>washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/5/police-officers-more-hesitant-to-shoot-black-suspe/

Remember to fight against the lies that can be strung from idpolers.

hi pol

He's right, cops kill and abuse lots of people of all races. Bullshit outrage culture like BLM ensures only ones involving black people gain widespread media coverage.

Not sure about his sources and claims, but you can just scour the Wikipedia entries for police killings each month in the last 4 years then look up the names.

we're past raping, we're at the "throw a flashbang in a crib" stage

i think the point is that no one was talking about BLM until user's post

When adjusted for population blacks are disproportionately killed in their encounters with the police. It's something like they are 2.5 times more likely to be shot per capita.

When the prosecution starts off with victim-blaming, the 0.4% chance they had at winning went down to 0%.

This. And every source he used was washingtontimes kek

Here's an actual good article that goes through all the relevant data and claims: washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.39b0bf0787dc

And what else do blacks also disproportionately do that brings them into police contact when adjusted for population?

Not him but

washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.fa5c7b576074

Fuck off with the hatefacts, Holla Forums

Suffer from institutional and systemic racism, along with the intergenerational transmission of poverty and abuse due to bigoted europeans.

On top of as well

you are right my somali friend

daka oga oga am i right? ?

wew

daka oga oga means people don't know
let me speak my language faggot

washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/09/are-black-or-white-offenders-more-likely-to-kill-police/?utm_term=.d8e2dc2abbdd

lol

Did you leave this part out for some reason

But it has nothing to do with that, because you think that a mere 5% more blacks are shot unarmed than whites is a shocking statistic?

Literally fuck off with the hatefacts.

6% of the population commit the majority of crimes, and without even knowing the data on racial make up of police interactions, those in that 6% are shot a few points only more than whites when unarmed.

The story is not the cops, and even if it was, you could get that unarmed shootings of all races down if the campaign wasn't built on pandering to the bullshit of the 6% who commit the majority of the crimes.

I'm getting so fucking sick of cops

You fucking retard. Not only does that have nothing to do with my post (police-on-civilian killing), but you couldn't even read your own article. It contradicts your point at the end: "There are no simple conclusions or trends that can be gleaned from the database alone, but it provides context that based on the raw numbers, officers are no more likely to be killed by black offenders than white offenders."

I didn't "leave" anything out. I copy-pasted the relevant parts, and if you read my fucking post, you'd know that the amount of crime is irrelevant when it comes to police killing. I'll paste a smaller part since you clearly didn't read it:

Bump

That was one fucking year you pleb and has no statistical value as police DO NOT RECORD INTERACTIONS in what numbers and what the racial make ups were.

Every person is unique, and applying statistics so that you can comfortably discriminate against people is what fucking porky does. We're better than that, cut that shit out.

I voted for Pat Buchanan mate

You can't properly define reals to the satisfaction of any dedicated philosopher so shut your mouth

Feels are vitally important for informing human behavior and since they are not exhaustible while reason is, their imput is essential to forming a coherent world view. Stop being STEM faggot

deriving any conclusion from statistics alone is actually feels>reals

Okay, so Blacks as a whole commit more crime than Whites or Asians as a whole, while having lower lQs. Now what?

Do you have any actual solutions to this issue other than genocidal NEETsoc LARPing or posting crime stats and patting yourself on the back for winning the genetic lottery?

Trick question. They had no intention of doing anything but establishing smug unearned superiority over entire races of people

Of the 3 studies/reports I cited in , only one of them covers one year.

This is already covered in the UC study:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0141854#sec005

>In 2014, Kyle Wagner began an open contribution campaign [1] to compile all records of police-involved shootings in the United States between 2011 and 2014 in an attempt to better record the use of lethal force by police [2]. The U.S. Police-Shooting Database (USPSD) collects information on the race/ethnicity of civilians shot by police, their status as armed or unarmed, the identity of the officer(s) involved, relevant geographic information, and citations to detailed descriptions of the events.

>While other databases on police shootings have been published by the government, for example through the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Report [3], or the CDC’s National Vital Statistics System [4], these records are often censored of critical information (such as the names of the officers involved), lack independent evaluation of the justification for the shooting, and are selectively published. The FBI data, for instance, are not only incomplete, but may be structurally biased by the reporting behaviors of police, as the majority of the 17,000+ police departments in the United States do not file fatal police shooting reports, or do so only selectively [5]. According to Gabrielson et al. [5], Florida departments have failed to file reports since 1997. The data collected thus far by the USPSD help to shed light on racial bias in police shootings in Florida, which has some of the most racially-biased police shooting rates in the nation. In Miami-Dade, for example, unarmed black individuals are estimated to be more than 22 times as likely to be shot by police than unarmed white individuals. Such patterns in police violence have been immune to public scrutiny until now.

>The work of documenting police violence in the United States, has recently begun through several open-contribution, public-access projects in addition to the USPSD. The Stolen Lives Project started by the Anthony Baez Foundation and the National Lawyers Guild [7], the Fatal Encounters Database started by Brian Burghart [8], and the Killed By Police database [9] are examples, as is the Mapping Police Violence project [10], which emphasizes visualization of the raw data from the above-mentioned databases. Additionally, Wikipedia.org [11], the Washington Post [12], and the Guardian [13] have begun keeping rigorous statistics on police shootings in specific years. Unlike the censored data released by official sources, the data in the USPSD and other grassroots databases allow for fine-scale evaluation of the use of lethal force, including investigation of department-specific and even officer-specific patterns. It is, for instance, possible to identify police departments and officers who kill unarmed black individuals at disproportionate rates. With the previously-used SHR data, lack of reporting and/or selective-biases in reporting of police shootings, could have masked underlying racial biases in police shootings, or masked the rates at which unarmed individuals are shot by police.

Wait, you think this guy is Holla Forums? He's dripping Holla Forums

Getting you to accept that rather than cry about it as a lie is a huge win tbf.

This was legitametly disturbing to hear
The guy was caught on camera literally planting evidence on the guy and he still hasn't been found guilty of ANYTHING

Deriving judgments on individuals based on statistics alone is the epitome of feels>reals you retard

That's what you are doing with accusations of bias against black by police ya dummy, either you don't judge cops based on a handful of non armed shootings that slightly has more blacks than whites or you are being a retard by your own standard.

Not the user you were talking to
I hate cops because their existence is entirely based around defending and imposing the will of the state and capitalist class

kek so you're just gonna ignore my argument here