If Smash Bros. isn't a fighting game, does that make Mario Kart not a racing game?

If Smash Bros. isn't a fighting game, does that make Mario Kart not a racing game?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/heartenedkorbo
sourcegaming.info/2016/05/05/zlcancel/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What do you think faggot?

Are you asking for us to confirm further or something?

Epic logic here fellow redditor.

But if it's not a racing game what is it? A party game with racing?

You are smart.

Smash Bros is a platform brawler.

But it is a fighting game.
It's just really different compared to the other fighting games out there. It has analog inputs, massive arenas and "special" attacks are done by holding a direction and pressing b instead of circle/DP movements. On top of that you have to throw the enemy off the stage to win, because there's no health bar.
Smash is a fighting game in the way Rhythm Heaven is a rhythm game, or Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker a platformer.

It's obviously a go-kart game, racing is only a party of the things you do, you have an obstacle course mode and a cartoon vs mode like that actual go kart game with the water guns and rice paper targets .

And if I had to call it a racer I'd call it a shit one.

Isn't it more of a puzzle game?

[extreme laughter]

Mario kart Is a real mans racing game

meme

If shit isn’t posting, then sage.

For Mehio kart maybe

Is Rivals of Aether a fighting game?

Muh unique mechanic. Whoops you must have forgotten that it exists in almost every fightan including Street Fighter. As a matter of fact it's better because we have unique attacks based on whichever of the 4-6 buttons + direction you push in addition to charge/circle movements.

You can't redefine what makes an entire genre just because you want to include your party games. Smash isn't a fighting game in the same way "arcade racers" aren't "sim racers". One is for fucking off the other is for playing serious.

Guess which one you play?

Last time I reply to your weak bait.

never bought Sm4sh because it was obviously garbage even before release.

You act as if fighting games and party games are mutually exclusive. It's not as if Guilty Gear Isuka exists or anything.
but you won't be replying to my "weak bait", will you? :^)

Isuka was a Beat'm up -_-

Step aside and see some real speed in a racing game

This is an imageboard faggot

Not a smashfag, but

This comparsion proves you are wrong and he is right: Arcade racers and Sim racers are different subgenres, but they still both fall under the racing genre umbrella. The same is true of smash. It's a different subgenre of fighting game.

In particular, i'd say there's 5 clear subgenres

More or less every fighting game fits into one of those categories to a decent degree (Pokken doesn't,but only because it's equal parts 3d arena and 2d traditional due to it's phase shift mechanic), and each subgenre has games in it that range from casual to competitive

Fighting games are shit, so yeah, Smash is a fighting game.

hahahahaha

And Smash Bros isn't a fighting game. It could be, but the lack of focus on gameplay dynamic and other things keeps it from being a true fighting game. Still a FUN game, though

This post is the epitome of the no true Scotsman fallacy.

Sm4sh is serious.

Prove that fallacies mean anything and aren't just you crying over someone not making a "sound argument"

protip: you cant as there is no such thing as a "non-argument"

(you)

by the same token you cannot redefine what is a fighting game to disinclude one you dont like because it isnt autistic enough.

Hahaha you sound like a SJW trying to deny the rules of logic because they were "invented by a bunch of old white men"

You're an idiot

if anything could ever not be an argument, your crying would be it.

also
Not really. Modern science generally agrees that they were middle easterners with curly black hair, so basically jews. That's right, Holla Forumscucks. Your beloved philosophers were just jewish pederasts.

If I call you a gay nigga, does that mean that you are in fact black and gay or does it just mean you a faggot ass nigga ?

no use even argueing with them. how do you even change an autists mind?

Fuck off retard.

They absolutely are. And you won't prove me wrong, because you can't.

I feel like playing Crash Team Racing now

two purple crystals have been deposited in your inventory

The fact that you have to remove 90% of the content for it to be even considered a fighting game or competitive is pretty god damn pathetic. You play any other fighting game and you can play it normally without having to change anything. With smash? Oh no can't have that, can't use that stage, items lol no.

Banned characters
No two of the same character in a tag team
Time limit
:^)

To get banned you usually have a good reason for it like non escape-able block strings or infinities while others don't have access to that.

IDK examples of this since tag fighters aren't my tea but I'd imagine because of the combination leading the above situations.

No one changes time limit settings, in competitive it's almost always the default time, you can but you'll almost never see it outside of extreme casuals .

Do smash tourney's allow all items or stages?
No, some even exclude characters in an asinine attempt at making an equal playing-field so something resembling a competitive test of skill can be achieved.
Clearly not the default mode of play.
The win condition is scoring ring-outs instead of depleting health.
This leads to the game devolving into edge-hogging.
Character positions are not reset when one player loses.
What part of Smash makes it a fighting game?

In an actual racing game if you are good you are fucking gone, no rubberbanding, no items.
If you really want to ultimate test than your opponent is literally a time that you have to beat.
It is awesome, I love it, it doesn't even require your opponent to play at the same time as you.
You memorize the whole course and you try and hit all the turns perfectly and use any nitro you may have appropriately.
Maybe even some cars or particular tuning of the car work better on some courses than others.

Mario Kart is not a pure racing game, as it mixes action elements with the inclusion of the items used as weapons or traps. In fact, the game was originally developed with battle mode - and this the action mechanics - in mind first.

Similarly, Smash is not a fighting game, but rather a hybrid of fighting and platformer. I'd also say it leans more towards platformer, as the mechanics are more focused around movement and most maneuvers you see discovered/coined by fans are primarily based around movement as well. At the very best, I'd say it's a subgenre of fighting games, like how SRPGs are a subgenre of RPG.

Ultimately though it hard to give a shit about this because people are going to keep arguing about these kinds of semantics to validate/invalidate the game(s) they like/don't like, because apparently the worth of a game is in what it's called rather than what it is.

It's not even good. Autists are just retarded because it slightly resembles good mechanics and has all their favorite autistic characters.

You can't honestly deny the 3DS version is actually good. It controls much smoother with overall better stages and Smash Run alone can eat up entire days just trying to max out Speed for shits and giggles.

Third person shooter is a genre.

He was stating facts about the games, you fucking idiot, not praising or dismissing the games based on their inputs.

My only memories of tr4sh on the 3DS are its technical limitations necessitating the removal of the Ice Climbers, and the fields of broken circle pads.

I don't think any Smashfags should be given too much credibility on whether a Super Smash Bros is an objectively bad videogame altogether.

Mario Kart is a Kart game. Kart games are about racing, but it involves other hazards like items and stuff. Smash Bros. is a game with fighting but not a fighting game, it's a party game, mostly because it lacks competitive aspects, and that's cool.

It is a racing game, just like how smash bros. Is a fighting game, anyone who is actually good at the game knows that.

No matter where you stand, it's pretty easy to see that tr4sh is objectively worse than Melee. You have fewer movement options, momentum from running to jumping doesn't exist, characters feel samey because everyone has an amazing recovery, the lack of edgehogging discourages edgeguards, rage is an awful mechanic, omega form stages are a joke, 10-frame input buffer screws up your inputs - I could talk for hours.

Even ignoring "muh waveglitch, muh shinespamming" I find casual Melee way more fun and engaging than casual tr4sh.

Given that Smash pretty has versus modes for competition, do you mean competitive in terms of the extent of those modes/aspects? The meanings of the word are a little different, so I'm not 100% sure what you mean.

Who gives a fuck besides Smashfags? Being an inferior installment does not a bad game make.

Why am I replying seriously?

You're right. Nips deserve another nuke for so many more reasons than that.
Western games are superior. Fighting games are gay.

He was trying to justify Smash begin a fighting game that then when on to give a bunch of reasons about why it differed from every other fighting game.

Which is why I pointed out.

Just like I'm pointing out that you're a massive faggot right now.

In fact there's nothing to take seriously in shit like a "Smash" thread, period.

That's what I mean, you basically have to strip the game of it's fucking features to please competitive faggots. What makes Smash Bros. besides the "hurr crossover" is the items and the frantic play even if it's unfair, that's actually what makes it enjoyable.
Basically, what I mean is that to "make it fair" you have to fuck it over, Smash is and should be played with unfair stuff like bombs and smash balls. In that regard, chasing the smash ball is the fucking tits.

You're right, no combos and floaty jumps with poor movement and attack options doth a bad game make. Am I just supposed to say nothing while a series I love gets dumbed down because the lead developer disapproves of the way the only people who are still playing it play it? Don't tell me you wouldn't be frustrated if a game you adore received a sequel which all but openly mocked everything good about it.

shaking my damn head to be quite honest family, kill yourself right now

I see where you're coming from, but I could never play Smash for too long that way. There's enough depth and complexity in the actual fighting (and the tech skill) to keep me occupied for years. One of the things I really appreciate about Smash is that it's broad enough to allow both kinds of gameplay to exist within it, and I don't think the presence of one invalidates the presence of the other.

Don't forget about the 5 hour top 8's at EVO because all anyone does is ledge camp. God forbid you tell the faggots to run their own tournament because we have to be all inclusive and esports now.

Oh and two communities are going to show up. One as autistic as the other. They're going to bring their mothers, they're going to bitch and complain about not having enough floor space, and they're going to cry if one of the games gets preferred treatment over the other.

"Any game of the same genre that outsells my favourite game of the same genre doesn't count."

It's still a shit joke with a weak as fuck and frankly pathetic punchline that amounts to asshurt from a Smashfag editing it.

And no, but the bottom line is it's a party game first and a "fighting game" second. Hackurai is a faggot, but so is anyone else judging newer installments almost entirely by Melee and never even bringing up 64.

Why do you guys care so much about labels? It doesn't really matter if Smash is a fighting game.

TOTALLY NOT A SHOOTING GAME GUISE xDDDDD

There is, but is mostly autism and exploits.
The thing is, those advanced" autism is mostly by mistake. The game nor the devs support that competitive bullshit, and the tripping animation when you turn too much and activates at random is proof enough. Is cool that you push your autism and call it deep, but the fact is the game isn't really made for that, and there are far better games for that too. Basically this

What makes you think that removing factors like items and smash balls is only for tourneyfags? I play PM with a few guys in my uni during our free time and we play without items and smash balls because it makes the game more skill based, not because we are wannabe competitive faggots.
This is an objectively wrong opinion.

People don't mention 64 as much because there's less tech, fewer characters, and fewer stages. The game is neat, but I won't go out of my way to watch it.

How do you define the difference between autism/exploits and "real" gameplay? Wavedashing, for instance, obviously wasn't intended to be in the game initially, but the developers had every opportunity to remove it during development and didn't because they thought it would add to the game more than it took away.

Because it's a fucking party fighter. It's not the first thing people think of when they say "fighting game".

Hackurai was a dumbass trying to make something so humble into something competitive and "deep" and only after he realized what a fucking idiot he was with the condescending faggots he spawned did he instead make absolutely everything worse with Brawl out of spite instead of just making a better 64, which was honestly perfect gameplay wise. "Smash" truly is for autists and I don't know how Nintendo characters knocking each other off the screen came to that. Shit like these threads prove it.

"fighting game" is a specific genre with its own conventions, not just any game where you fight
"racing game" is literally just a game where you race

There is literally nothing wrong with that.
Anyone who isn't a retard is painfully aware of that, but that doesn't excuse what Samurai did with Brawl. At least Sm4sh is decent enough.

The combo system Street Fighter 1 invented back at the time was merely an error that autists triggered although it was easy to do and only to win easier. But Street Fighter 2 purposely improve this new found mechanic and encourage players to do it, becoming and active and equally important part of the gameplay since.
Now imagine if street fighter 2 was the same as street fighter 1 with more characters but no combos, but you still can pull combos by forcing it like the first one. That's wavedasing and practically all the "depth" of Smash Bros.

That doesn't mean the devs are encouraging it, it's vague. I think they just didn't want to piss the autists. In fact, the tripping stuff enraged some autists, and that's why that's my best proof of smash being just a goofy party game that autists love to take serious.

Never said there's nothing wrong, though, but wanting to make the game more fun than making it more competitive is alright, specially for smash, otherwise you'd end up with Playstation Battle Royale.

No one is making excuses for that faggot when he deliberately made a dumbed down 64 just to spite Melee fans while also making other characters play shittier.

Now that I have standards, I'd probably never go back to Brawl when Sm4sh is overall more enjoyable and in the palm of my hand.

Sma4sh likes anything like Subspace Emissary, so Crawl is still way better on my book. Spiting melee fags is always good too.

Why does it matter if it's a party fighter? how does changing what it's called change the game in any way? Are you autistic or something? You seem to care alot about labels.

There was always a clear divide between sim racers and arcade racers. Hence one dominated the arcade scene (time limits, wacky mechanics, game play designed to make you drop quarters) and sim racing (attention to detail, mechanics based on real cars, game play designed so that it translates to the actual track).

Same thing with Smash and fighting games. One is born and bred from the arcade and one is born and bred in casual land where no one can get their feels hurt. Most people don't have a problem with Smash the game, it's their autistic community full of faggots with their demands that they don't like.

That's a lie and you know it.

The funny part about the 2nd image is that, by trying to make Brawl unfriendly to competitive play, he was trying to prevent cancer. Look at gaming now; so many games are pandering to esports including smash4.

You're right it was only 3 hours and about 2 hours longer than every other one. Anyone that had to sit through it to watch the good games will tell you the same.

I'm sure you enjoyed it though and watching a grown man cry because he lost.

Tripping is a complete shit mechanic and I'm in the camp of the franchise becoming more fun while not becoming completely mindless shit with no room to show off by comboing an opponent off the screen faster than other players.

Yeah, user… You'll be really popular.
Tripping is a big fuck you for competitive fags, and I love it.

Because I do quite in fact shamelessly love shitting on something for looking pathetically inferior to the rest of its genre.

Do you really think cancelling normals into special moves in SF1 makes the game worse because it was unintentional? I find quirks like that fascinating because they fit so well into the established mechanical systems of the game. I adore Melee because you have that kind of freedom: the mechanics have so many subtle interactions you can combine them in dozens of ways, all of which are impacted by DI, smash DI, and other systems.

He won, actually.

Why you always lyin?

Sure, but shit like the random tripping and overall slow as fuck pace of the game combined with melee tier balance makes Brawl and objectively terrible game.

Liking Sm4sh is entirely valid, it is a good game after all. The only thing that Brawl had going for it was the roster and Sm4sh certainly does that better while, at the same time, having much better balance.
Rip in pieces Snake ;_;7

So you do have autism. Great to hear it :^)

Racing and Kart Racing are two completely different genres. People who enjoy Mario Kart and want more games like it won't be satisfied with something like Grand Turismo. The differences between Smash and real Fighting games are far greater than that of Racing and Kart Racers and thus they aren't the same genre. Party Brawlers is a good name for them I think. If your definition of a fighting game is simply: It has fighting in it, then a game like Streets of Rage, Golden Axe or even Devil May Cry could also be considered fighting games. When you make a definition that flexible it just completely defeats the purpose of giving a game a genre in the first place.

So you just have a hate boner for tourneyfags.
That's fine really, most of them are huge faggots

That's not any better user. Embed related, if you're going to cry because you won it helps if you participate in something worth watching/winning.

Damn, it is almost like one game is so boring that it's unbearable to watch and the others are so interesting that I don't notice how long it takes to run a top 8. I wonder why that is.

Armada was a salty bitch after that, he definitely cried. Didn't even get up to shake HBox's hand.

You're full of shit. The thought of being able to string certain Mii Brawler moves together to rack up damage and launch an opponent off the screen is enjoyable to me because it shows room to be able to play a game you enjoy in a much more creative and flexible way like stringing together attacks to watch an opponent amusingly go sailing to a KO by exploiting fun little moves. Tripping is straight up shit that plain penalizes you for playing a fucking game by momentarily stopping you for absolutely no reason. Your dumbass idea of spite doesn't make it any less shit.

That's actually kinda sad.

Looks more pensive. Still gave him a fistbump either way

are you serious?

I don't think it makes the game worst, but it wasn't planned, and I understand autism making it part of the gameplay in the long run, but SF2 improved the whole thing while in smash it barely stands since Melee.

In all honest, I consider those things cheating. I also hate animation cancel in competitive games.

I actually called you autist for wanting to show off in a kid's game. I'm not saying Smash should eliminate those things, but I certainly hope they don't push that shit.

Also, it happens rarely and for less than a second.

I am, fuck Hungrybox and the bad example he sets to the children that watch the children's game he plays. He taught children that it's okay to be a grown man child that night and his opponent taught them that it's okay to be a bad sport. Everything that went down on that stage after he won was pure cancer and you should feel bad for even attempting to justify it.

He wasn't the first one to cry at Evo, he won't be the last. A grown man crying about overcoming the odds and winning something he's striven for is fine. A grown man doing it over Melee in the manner he did is just embarrassing.

They invaded our community and I will constantly remind and mine salt from them for it until they leave. We don't care about the money they can take that with them a long with their talk of how much good they do by drawing in crowds. Evo was fine before they showed up and it'll be fine long after they're gone.

You're a fucking riot user.
Cry more bitch

But it's way funnier.

Ohhhh. You're one of those people.

I honestly can't see why someone is allowed to get upset over BlazBlue but not Melee, unless we assume your taste as the judge of what's acceptable.
EVO has been a corporate PR farce driven by money for years, dude. You're blind if you think Smash is the only thing wrong with it.

What?

So you are just a scrub, got it.

Holy shit, you're too busy being blinded by your hate for tourneyfags to recognize shit ideas for game design. And you're fine with shit like that stopping someone from doing something in a game but not them doing it themselves? Fuck off.

I haven't played Melee in two years and even I could get out of pools at Evo.

user, if this is your reason for hating the competitive Melee community you should be against EVO in it's entirety. The whole thing is a celebration of autism.

It isn't the only thing wrong with it user it's just the most visible and annoying problem. They're actively there every year now pushing the esports meme and pissing off everyone else that shows up to play the 100 other games. How come smashfags are the only ones that complain about not getting treated well when they get more special treatment than everyone excluding Capcom/SF players?

At least the SF players realize how good they have it and shut the fuck up when something doesn't go their way. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they built the house everyone else has showed up to shit in.

What?

And why does this only apply to melee and not any other fighting game?

You realize people get stabbed for getting perfects on people in KoF98, right?

Alright.

You see it as a punishment but by tripping you can only get a few free hits if you are not playing with autists. You just want to make le epic combo but the big bad trip stops you. Too bad.

Not to paint myself as some MLG pro or anything, but animation cancelling isn't even consistent enough across competitive games to be called a definitive mechanic. It's just a visual marker for other mechanics; if you can't accept something that harmless, then I don't think any competitive game is going to be what you want it to be unless it's something where execution is a nonissue, like Magic: The Gathering or chess. Animation cancelling, buffering, negative edge - they're all pretty simple ideas which developers use in conjunction with other mechanics to create deep systems. It sounds like you dislike competitive mechanical systems in general, which is odd to say the least.

4/10 i got kind of mad for a second there

SF is the most visible fighting game series, but it's hardly the backbone of the community - unless you think attracting swarms of plebs is the kind of backbone you'd want a community to have.

does that make dead by daylight a first person shooter?
twitch.tv/heartenedkorbo

Because he feels threatened by Smash overshadowing other games at fighting events and thus dedicates his time to discrediting it as much as he can in the vain hope that his online complaining will convince Mr. Wizard/Jebailey to ignore the money they rake in from Smash or the majority of people interested in the events that don't browse imageboards, eventhubs, or r/Kappa.

No, refusing to make use of unintended mechanics that benefit everyone because you think it's wrong makes you a scrub.

There is one hundred percent no point in shit like tripping. It's literally there just to spite competitive players and ends up pissing off casuals like me and plenty others who hate it as well just trying to play a fucking game with their friends or compur.

You're a fucking imbecile.

Fuck off, you know SF was/is the backbone that every other fighting game launched off of. Capcom is doing a good job of fucking up and turning everyone away but if you think SF didn't build the place you're deluded.

I've always preferred SNK games and even I admit that they wouldn't exist without SF2.

I hate multiplayer in general, specially multiplayer online. Shifted all the focus games used to have, namely a good single player game, and nowadays even games designed for single player have competitive multiplayer shoehorned somewhere, even as score boards.
What's the point of making a fucking animation if you force people to cancel it? Only shit devs do it.

It doesn't make me a cheater, though, unlike you.

That's a really good reason to be there.
Way too late for that. Do you turn off items too?
It is. Only because the exploit isn't a insta win doesn't make it any less cheating.

Kill yourself.

I'm not trying to sound like a postmodern liberal here, but I think there's a point where enough variety and depth exists within a field such that the creator cannot automatically take credit for everything in the field by virtue of being the creator.

I won't deny CoD4 and Xbox Live killed the industry, but you can't be stupid enough to think games "used to be" single player. Super Mario Bros. (the very first) has multiplayer options, and we can't forget about Balloon Fight and Duck Hunt. Maybe if you got gud you wouldn't need to rewrite history and pretend cancelling low short into hadouken is some unbeatable technique only the morally bankrupt would dare abuse.

Do you think walking left and right in Street Fighter is cheating because it cancels the idle animation?

You are just proving my point.
There's a huge difference between exploiting bugs in a single player game and exploiting bugs in a competitive local multiplayer game.
In a single player game, the player benefits from the bug and makes the game easier so it's simply cheating. In a local multiplayer game, both players can benefit equally from the bug, so this oversight form the devs simply adds an unintended layer of depth to their game.

Let me attempt to explain this in a way even an autistic person can understand:

I've been hosting a yearly cook-out for years where people drink, eat meat, and have a good time. Even some children come but it's okay because they're mature enough to handle it. After hosting for 15 years someone gets the bright idea to invite hordes of children to the party thinking they'll be okay because we've had kids there in the past.

Except instead of mature kids a bunch of whiny faggots show up that have been sheltered all their lives. The occupy all the space the adults want to use, complain about the adults drinking, complain that there aren't more children's games for them to play, and complain about the program I'm showing on the projector screen. What's worse they brought their mothers who complain about the drinking, what the younger women are wearing, and that there aren't enough games for their children to play. They also refuse to hit their kids and do nothing about them running around screaming and causing trouble because they know they can get away with it.

That's why I hate the _smash community_ because it doesn't mesh well with any other community that shows up to major events. They need to either assimilate or get the fuck out, people that have been showing up since before they were born shouldn't have to change just because they decided they wanted to be part of the fun.

Game is fun. Even more so when played competitively. I kind of feel bad about people who are so mad about it that they'll never even try it.

Worse, they don't even realize the contradiction of saying games don't have enough attention and effort in things besides multiplayer then bitch about more mechanical freedom in how you play a fighting game.

I can't git gud so far. Also, the biggest turnoff about Melee for me is literally the sound and a lot of the music. It makes landing attacks and even KOs unsatisfying. It sounds so artificial and lacks impact.

That's a bad analogy. A party host doesn't benefit financially from the increment of people in his party.

On the contrary, I prefer melee's hit sounds. The strong hits sound strong and the weak hits sound weak. Simple as that.

That, and the sounds marth's sword makes are godly.

So basically Smashfags are the rapefugees invading Germany right now.

The point of an analogy is to show a similar example. In this case the point was showing that inviting people that don't mesh well into an established environment makes every miserable.

Evo is just more proof that the old saying holds true.

Thanks user, that is a better analogy.

It isn't as good as Brawl's sound design, I will give you that much.
Nigger I will fight you.
I've always found it a lot more intuitive and impactful than traditional fighting games because the characters go flying around the screen in the direction you hit them. The difference between certain moves in traditional fighting games, like, say, a normal fierce and a crush counter in SFV, always seemed kind of arbitrary to me.

Yes, that's a much better one.

Too bad money makes the world turn.
Face it m8, EVO stopped caring about it's community years ago.

I hear what you're saying but we're talking about a genre that didn't exist before SF2 at least not in the same way it existed afterwards. I'm not trying to take credit away from all the other 2D/3D fighters that came afterwards but you have to admit that most either straight cloned or lifted ideas developed by Capcom. Something like BlazeBlue differs from Street Fighter in a lot of ways but a normalfag would see them as very very similar. That same normalfag can see that Smash is something different.

If tripping triggers torney fag, and considering you sound pretty triggered yourself, you should be one of those.

You realize how stupid that sounds, right? Using something as it isn't intended is simply cheating, regardless of how fair you think it is for both parties, which is not, since only autism go to that "depth" regularly. That kind of exploit is only cool to do once for showing up or just for fun.

Pretty nice, tourney fag.

Most games just have some sort of local multiplayer shoehorned onto it, which used to be really fucking lacking to say the least.
Yeah, a really competitive game there. The not very first one just adds to "Some sort of local multiplayer shoehorned"
Shit, so exploiting the light gun isn't cheating either? Also, those games were designed to be both single player and multiplayer.
Only faggots do that, true.
No, but what you are not forced by the game to stay in idle, you're gorced to stay in the animation if you do a low short, which break just to use hadouken. That's cheating.

Or as Trump said "Autism is an Epidemic"

Let's see if we can't get this arrogant, contradictory no fun allowed retard to (300), shall we?

Even if it hinders you

Yeah.

It's cheating in SP because the difficulty of the AI enemies or the puzzles aren't designed to accomodate such actions. On the contrary, in MP games all parties have access to this exploit so it's completely even and the others players can adapt accordingly.
So you just don't want to bother learning deeper techniques and improving yourself.

You're hate and fear has made you delusional

But what if the game adjusts when cheat codes are used to accomodate the cheat

I don't see how it stops being cheating in MP games. I guess it's because autistic communities spread the exploit as an added" mechanic, so it's ok because everyone uses it? Wrong. Only because another player an learn to use it doesn't make it a new mechanic, it makes you both cheaters.
The thing is, is not a technique, it isn't intended for the game and most of my friends don't even use them when we play, so why should I bother? What do I win by cheating to make myself better?

meant to reply to

Nothing wrong here
Nigger, the very first games (traditional and computer) were designed as multiplayer experiences.

One thing in particular no one seems to appreciate is the actual KO sounds.

In 64, it's a little boom that let's you know you just did good enough to make this fall or fly off and blow up into a flash of colorful lights, punctuated by the sound of the audience reacting to it.
In Melee it's inexplicably this completely unsatisfying burning sound.
In Brawl, it's a fucking resounding boom that makes you feel like you did a number on someone once again punctuated by the audience getting excited at the sheer sound of the impact knocking them out of the arena.
In Sm4sh, it's this lighter sounding boom that satisfyingly let's you know when someone's been hit hard enough to go flying off and blow up into toy magic once again.

Yeah, competitive fags are killing video games
Golly, those graphic adventures and text based games sure are competitive.

See? You are just a scrub, you refuse to utilize certain tactics because your feel like it's unfair even though those glitches benefit every player as long as their are willing to learn how to use them.
You arbitrarily decided that animation cancelling and the usage of any mechanic that wasn't intended by the devs is cheating, so you expect everyone else to humor you and limit their own playstyles for your sake.

Retards will destroy their own arguments.

At that point it would stop being a cheat, wouldn't it?

I don't feel like it's unfair, I feel like it's unnecessary. Since I play only with my friends what's the point? I don't want to be a cheater anyway. You can play as you want, but that doesn't make you any less of an autist
than the guy that cried after winning a tournament.

There's little to argue against cheap rhetoric, user. It's like cheating, but you sure know about that.

Cheat codes on itself are a retarded definition. It supposedly gives you things you shouldn't have, but the game is intended to give you those things with special inputs. Although, you're not supposed to know those inputs in the first place, so it's ok, I guess.

I thought L-canceling was left in Smash intentionally? I remember reading somewhere that the team developing it discovered this phenomenon and decided to leave it in, so it's not really cheating if they intended for you to have that ability.

I could be thinking of some other Smash mechanic.

Yes it was. Exploiting directional air dodges was discovered and Sakurai intentionally left everything that was found in.

I see where you're coming from in that Melee's KO sound lacks punctuating bass, but at this point it might be a Pavlovian thing. If you play more, you'll probably appreciate Melee's KO sound more since you'll associate it with taking a stock.

Z-cancelling in Smash64 and L-cancelling in Melee were explicitly coded in to give players who took advantage of them an advantage. What you're thinking of is more likely wavedashing, which was unintentionally discovered as a side effect of directional air dodging, and left in because it was neat.

it defined the "kart" genre did it not?

Only because all your friends play with cheats doesn't mean you're not a cheater.

Yeah, and since then there have been plenty of clones with [Franchise]Karts and the such. Best ones are probably CTR and Jak X, in my opinion.

"Kart game" is stupid. There are real racing games where you race with karts, like Project CARS.

Is wavedashing/animation cancelling dishonest? No.
Is wavedashing/animation cancelling unfair? No, it's a mechanic that simply enables more complex playstyles and tactics for all players willing to master it. It does not give one player an indisputable advantage over another.

you could say that abusing glitches is violating the rules or regulations of the game by going against the developers and designers intentions of how youre supposed to play the game. if they were intended they wouldnt really be glitches. oftentimes characters, units or factions are made entirely obsolete by those "features", surely the developers didnt intend for them to be useless. although that might not be a good argument because theres plenty of cases where a character is just shite either way.

in any case, it absolutely falls under the definition of being sexually unfaithful.

Sakurai maintained a page of advanced techniques after Smash 64's release where he explicitly mentioned how to Z-cancel - sourcegaming.info/2016/05/05/zlcancel/

Are you just going to split hairs now and claim that a mechanic being present and promoted doesn't mean it was intentional?

For once I agree with Smashfags about something. Git good or go and stay go.

If you can't toss shells in that game, then it must be trash.

Yes, the animation is there for a reason, to provide balance for both players visually. Canceling that animation for a combo in a game not meant for comboing is dishonest and stupid.
No it's not, gltches aren't mechanics, and neither are exploits.
You can master smash without having to use cheats.
Pretty much this

I was actually doubtful but you have proof that I was wrong, unlike wave dashing faggots. I still think that developers who use animation cancel are faggots, and now I'm disappointed.
Actually, yes, it doesn't really mean that it was intentional

Reminder that the best kart racer is
Crash Team Racing

And no, I'm not going to even attempt to be remotely civil or respectful after putting up with your shit earlier.

You are not only a cheater, you're also stupid.

Retards never change.

Alright, you could toss TNT boxes or have mounted machine guns. You get the point, fag.

Racing games features:

Mario Kart features:

Ergo, Mario Kart is not a racing game.

There's no bullying in Mario Kart.

The same reason with tf2 isn't even a fps.

Is Zero that big of a baby? Why those manchildren pros have always their usernames related with numbers, like b4nny?

>Every fucking time I see either of them or Mario, my mind goes blank except for >tfw your gf would rather ride with her bull than you and I crack up and lose my concentration

I hate you people.

Yes, it is a racing game, just not a very good one. Same with Smash bros, its a fighting based PARTY game, but not a very good fighting game. It just has a legion of fucking faggots who grew up smoking shitty weed, blaring shitty music from their moms PC with terrible speakers with no base, playing 99 lives with "THEIR" character, who they actually think they identify as. Throw in shitty games like DBZ Bodukai or whatever the fuck you spell it and you have a grade A shit soup of console fucking morons. Yet throw on street fighter and they get their asses handed to them cause " Its too slow and the characters all suck" Fuck the 90's, fuck faggots who get mad at you for placing second in a 50 man tournament with kid link and breaking the 2nd place prize ( WoW time card ) in half. I am going to play some Quake.

FUCK CONSOLES FUCK 90S KIDS

kid link is mid tier tbh.
wew

I fucking hated WoW when it came out, and I fucking hate it now. Turned all my high school friends into zombies.

Also, I picked a random character almost every time to show how bad the fucking game is and that you can win with almost any character.

breaking it doesn't mean it won't work. coulda sold it n got some dosh fam

Eh, I pretty much stop talking to all those people after I won 2nd. Only one friend after that was impressed.

I don't know whats more funny to me, the fact that people to this day still argue whether or not smash is a fighting game, or the fact that the FGC got cucked out of their own event by a "party game".

entering melee, marvel and sf5 and ProjectM(side event) next EVO and doing the same at CEO (hoping for CVS2).

The "FGC" has been fucking dead since the introduced SF Nigger Strike.

this is probably a big part of it. I heard Smash 4 was near dead a while back but Zero not performing as consistnetly anymore has probably revived it to be honest.

I like melee a lot one of my favorite games before I knew anything about a competitive scene. I'd be competitive with it but any local stuff for me is in pittsburgh which is roughly an hour drive and a little for tolls which isn't awful but the crowd there is so autistic. Can't people just like things now a days and not go crazy with merch and shit announcing their obsessions? Carmen/Beanwolf is looked at either as a god or a bully to some of the people there but I talked to him and he's as normal as they come for the most part he's just sort of loud. I guess attention whores are just persistent drama queens by nature. Also navigating within pittsburgh is bad news bears.

If you want a scene that isn't autistic you're gonna have to find a different game.

Every hobby, community, fanbase, has the extremely casualized user friendly version of the activity that has more people in it than the "purists" that were there longer.

it's gonna be filled with stanky naggers either way so…

A different hobby, you mean.

Yeah, like Street Fighter V

Where's that .webm where everyone fucks Daisy at the finish line?

Kek.

Only reason I hate WoW is because it turned Warcraft and it's lore into a MMO cluster fuck.

Holy shit…

Reread the retarded shit you typed as a criticism.

games like that are also usually considered a kart racer.

64's sounds were better

Thugs that succesfully gained freedom from the English Bank, a band of thugs that rampages unpunished to this day.