Jupiter Hell (DoomRL 3D)

Remember DoomRL? The Slav behind it is now making a spiritual successor to it in a custom 3D engine. As a fellow Slav and DoomRL fan I feel obligated to shill for it here.

kickstarter.com/projects/2020043306/jupiter-hell-a-modern-turn-based-sci-fi-roguelike
Yeah, yeah, I know… Here's the promo vid, so you don't even have to click on the above link.

Other urls found in this thread:

ewalabak.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's the full kikestarter page:

Basically Teleglitch with better graphics?

looks gay, pass

Jesus, lay off it a bit user.
The artstyle is pretty bad and everyone in the video is pretty awkward which is pretty entertaining.
Could be good but I have no interest in backing a game that COULD be good.
Finished products only.

Teleglitch isn't turnbased and is shit.
I dislike Teleglitch with a passion.

fucking why?

Roguelikes are fucking incredibly easy to make. Like, consider how hard you think it is to make one. It's 10% of that. I wouldn't trust anyone who's only game is a roguelike to make anything "real".

You'd rather have the game made in Unity or Unreal?

What's her credentials?

Well he said custom not original. If you add one line to unreal it's technically custom.

"I'll give you 2USD to be in my video"

I just want a fellow Slav dev receive the attention he deserves. I'm so fucking tired of seeing SanFran hipsters getting tons of dosh and publicity for fucking nothing.

Because he can.

Actually, he's also made a few other roguelikes before, so he knows what he's doing. He's a pretty well known figure in the RL dev circles, too.
If it's so easy, why haven't you made one yourself? :^))))))))

The default ones in DoomRL are just enough for the specific atmosphere, anything more is excessive.

Designing the game underneath is still a lot of work and stuff but the tech itself is seriously no hurdle at all. I realised this at uni when I learned data types and container objects and state machines and shit. It's fucking nothing.

There's ASCII mode…

..and there's also the whole custom OpenGL engine running on top of it.

Because he can actually code, unlike the hipsters that make up 95% of Kikestarter's clientele.

As much as I like DoomRL, I have to accept that devs that go on kickstarter get lazy and deliver jack shit, so I think I'll pass.

Heh. Good one. A minute long search:
ewalabak.deviantart.com/

I still believe in Kornel ;_;7

wew

Can't say I'm super thrilled, but if you want your marketing to be of any use, tell your boss this:
THERE BETTER BE A DEMO

I'm doing it for free

Why? It's a good game.

no thanks, I've been fucked over more times than I can count from crowdfunding.

It's not though.
The artstyle is garbage, so is the UI and the level design.

DoomRL is okay but DoomRPG is better.