DAYTONA USA IS BACK

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/11/15/sega-japan-puts-survey-asking-series-revive/
enq.sega.jp/orca/PA99014021
twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/798544906251665412
archive.is/KhFWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If there was ever a time I wish arcades were everywhere, now would be it.

There's a Dave and Busters an hour away, god I hope they get it.

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LETS GO AWAY
DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They already confirmed its an arcade game.

I feel sad for anons that dont live near arcades anymore

They already said it's going to be a cabnet and they're debuting it at Daytona International Speedway later.

Gonna have to get to that machine before some faggot breaks the shifter. I hope the multiplayer returns too, there is nothing like 8 machines screaming DAYYYYTONNNNA in unison.

Let's not meme this cancer or the possibility of Xbox One/Win10 exclusive in North America.

It's just a racing game
I don't get it

Based Sega.

I'm going to get to play it because I'm sure it'll be during speed weeks. BTW non-redneck user's they have a fucking awesome multiplayer simulator at the track, at least all the big ones. You have to stand in line awhile to play it but it's in full 3D (as in glasses) and 8+ multiplayer. You only get a few laps though because they try to move people a long. If you get dragged to a race by your redneck uncle keep an eye out for it.

Imagine there was a magical place where you spent your entire childhood that didn't exist anymore. Now imagine that one machine in that place drowned out all the others and the sound of it filled you with joy every time you heard it.

That's Daytona, and that's why we all came off that dollar bill when we saw it.

kids these days

Noice

The real Daytona track will be in it for the first time and their social media people have been saying the track has have been working with Sega on it for a year or so (Also Daytona will continue to appear in other games like Forza and NASCAR Heat as it's not an exclusive licence). As user here said. They are hoping to have machines at the track by the time Speedweeks and the 500 starts next year.

I'm jelly.
Hopefully Joonyah will come back from his concussion recovery to at least race one more year. It's hard to watch NASCAR without guys like both Labontes, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, etc. racing, and the dumb Chase format.

TUTURUTUTUTUTUTUTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Trump wouldn't allow it

Racing games are lame. Get back in your general you faggos.

No.

That honor is reserved for the chao garden remake.

So is the handling gonna be Daytona 1, 2, simcade, or something new?
Those cars that spun out in the teaser behaved exactly like Daytona 1.
Isn't that kind of simple and cheesy for a modern game?

Gordon was a faggot and Jr. is a pussy (his Dad would have been in the car by the next Thursday) but I agree. NASCAR is shit now, if you think what you see on TV is bad you should go to the actual track. Last year they were walking around offering to trade Confederate flags for American ones because they didn't want them showing up on TV.

What is it with every company turning on its own fan base in an attempt to appeal to a mainstream consumer that doesn't even exist? NASCAR has the same problem modern gaming has. They've spent years shitting on their own fan base, closing down tracks where that fan base lives, building boring tracks every where else, and then wondering why no one is showing up or watching.

They even got rid of the Jesse Jones hotdogs at Martinsville which were so famous they announcers shilled them on TV for 20+ years. I swear if I didn't make a living at the track I wouldn't even go anymore.

Don't even get me started on every young driver begin a whiny rich boy. Drivers are supposed to be men among men not whiny faggots. They don't appreciate shit either, that's why they'll wreck their own car on purpose. They never had to build one or pay for one in their entire lives.

No.
It's a pachislot machine.

what the fuck is sega thinking

Something good for once.

Nah. Dale Sr. Got so fucked up by the end of his career that he was ending up having to take races off and never really raced the full 2000 series because his back was just destroyed and he was on the way to retirement anyway (Which is why he set up DEI. He was planning not to run many races in the 2001 season and transition out from racing to team ownership for 2002).

Junebug has done it in the right way because giving himself a break is helpful to keep him racing on whats likely his retirement year next year, set himself up for team ownership since JRM will eventually make it to cup and be able to buy a charter. His dad basically raced himself to death when he didn't need to.

And he used his concussion to get Alex Bowman a seat. Gordon coming back was the sponsors getting involved and both Gordon and Joonya weren't happy because they wanted Bowman in for all the races. And Bowman is a way fucking better driver than most of the new blood since he doesn't bitch and whine at his crew and races hard (Just that he is "Bad Luck Bowman" and can't seem to finish the race. He should have won Phoenix but Kryle Busch punted him into Kenseth).

NASCAR is fucking up though. They need to take the advice for a much shorter season because no one wants two fucking rain delayed Pocono races (And at the very least run the spring race on the road course so they can run in the wet) and stop alienating their own fanbase with ticket prices being stupid and cookie cutter 1.5 milers running twice on the calendar.

I've been saying for years that Daytona should begin the season and end the season, but we all know they'll never move the summer night race.

Thank you Kek.

Daytona was never going to happen because drivers bitch about plate races enough. Talledega got removed from the chase next year because of it (For fucking Kansas). Homestead was the only acceptable compromise even though it's just a smaller Indy.

Fuck Brian France and his stupid as fuck decisions.

I don't have a reaction pic for the amount of disgust I am feeling. NASCAR has been NASCucked.

SEGA IS ALSO DOING A SURVEY ON WHAT IPS TO REVIVE
nichegamer.com/2016/11/15/sega-japan-puts-survey-asking-series-revive/
enq.sega.jp/orca/PA99014021

First question: What IP remains in your mind?
Second question; What is your favorite character?
Third question; What IP do you want to get resurrected?
Forth question; What is you gender?
Fifth question; What is your age group?

Don't let this shit go to waste; wikipedia has the japanese names for characters and IPs so you can answer the questions correctly.

To be honest, what SEGA IP could come back without it being too messed up? Panzer Dragoon is out since Yukio Futatsugi left SEGA to found another studio that did an Xbone Panzer Dragoon-like game, and most of the rest of the staff of Team Andromeda and Smilebit are gone. Though I think if SEGA let some 3rd party make a 3D Ristar game that would be the tits

Sakura Wars

Virtua Fighter, 95% of the whole team that worked on VF5:FS still work for sega, a big portion of Virtual On team still work of sega and worked on their other recent mech arcade game and a new Outrun would be easy to get since their still buddies with the developer that handled the 3D games, just getting back the Ferrari license would be a pain in the ass. Also M2 could easily be contracted to do a new game for one of their genesis era games, they've done great revivals of older games in the past.

Just go throw in some names of games, what's the worst that can happen? If they do a new game it could turn out to be good, and if it's shit nothing can ruin the older games.

It's an arcade game (legit arcade this time, not just how it plays too), it can flip double birds to realism and focus on being Fun. Honestly it will be interesting to see how they update the physics for it though.

I don't follow NASCAR at all so, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the sponsors who are fucking over talented drivers because they're "Good ol' Boys" who aren't exactly photogenic?

Anyways, new NASCAR Rumble Never Ever.

Don't make me post ratbat

I have to disagree about Sr. not getting back into the car after a concussion. His back was fucked but he'd sorted that out by the time he died. Sr. fucking loved racing man, he would still be climbing in cars today if he were still alive. DEI wasn't about getting out of the car it was about securing a legacy for his family so they wouldn't have to struggle like he did. He wanted his boy racing for his team, he wanted his wife to have security after he died, and he wanted it there so he could stay involved when he finally became too old to run full seasons.

I'm not sympathetic to Jr. over a concussion, I can understand a week off for one but not half a season. He's sitting on his ass because he knows he'll sell the same amount of t-shirts if he's in the car or not. Dale Sr. would have gotten back in just to make the fans happy.

I'm not convinced Bowman isn't a meme driver until I see him put in more work. Sure he looks good running top-tier equipment but he hasn't proven he can't run up there without burning the tires/brakes off something (which is most of his "bad luck"). He hasn't learned how to communicate with his team yet about how the car is driving. I'll give him credit for not begin such a whiny bitch though and I'm hopeful that he'll improve in the coming years.

How I'd fix it:

That's part of it, it's less about how they look and more about how they talk and the fact that they aren't politically correct. Old drivers will say anything in an interview with no fucks given.

The main thing is the cost of racing now though. In the good old days it was possible to build yourself up from dirt while working a regular job, if you had talent you had a chance at finding a ride even if you were already middle aged. Now they only want young drivers (some can't even legally drive on the street) and to get that you need someone that's been racing since they were 4 years old. That 4 year old requires a go-kart that costs more than my econobox Honda. Hence the reason they're spoiled whiny rich boy faggots.

It hurts to think about it. Not surprising when the days of racing have peaked 20-30 years ago.

60s-90s NASCAR was a magical time and place user. Everyone says the death of Dale Sr. was when it changed but I assure you they were well on their way to pozzing the sport long before then.

Embed related.

If only we knew how bad it'd get.

Shit, when answering the third question should i write the answer in english or do i need to copy the japanese name?

Copy/paste the japanese name in japanese. Wikipedia has most of them in japanese.

Anyone got any idea tho? I just keep thinking about Virtua Fighter.

Sometimes literally :^)

You can do the survey multiple times, I put in Virtua Fighter, Fighters Megamix, Virtual On and Last Bronx

My nigga.

If we're going to inventively get a Sonic game, it better have Eggman as the star.

a panzer dragoon revival would be the best thing.

Crusader of Centy

Ristar would also be nice.

oh baby

Streets of Rage

VOTE JET SET RADIO YOU NIGNOGS

Side note: Hideki Naganuma linked to that article specifically.
twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/798544906251665412
archive.is/KhFWU

THE SECOND WRITE-IN QUESTION IS ABOUT CHARACTERS YOU WANT TO SEE RETURNING

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS

whatever is up at sega in recent times, it's good

knowing sega it's going to be shit and poison the fanbase with le gaymers, but with them recently starting to be good again i have no idea what the fuck to do

I'd respectfully disagree with you on the concussion. Drivers from Dale Sr.'s era have been supporting Junebug even when they don't like NASCAR's current bullshit like Mark Martin because they didn't realise they could have been driving longer and influencing the sport for the better if they weren't so beat up from trying to be hard. Concussions are some serious business and the worst case scenario is that Joonya would black out during a race and pile into a wall or take someone else out. Especially since it turned out that he had years of them and it was really fucking with his memories.

Dale Sr. did it for the fans but it would have been kinder to maybe step away from the car for a bit. The reaction from the fans would have likely been the same as for Jr even back in those days. Dale is unwell. Needs some time away but he will always be back because racing is in his blood and maybe he'll would have done a few short tracks or an Enduro GT to get back in the swing of things and get some Fans to those races as they are the lifeblood (It's rumored Jr.'s going to be one off joining one of the teams running the Rolex 24 at Daytona. He hates Road Courses in stock cars but loves them in GT class). And we all know the Daytona 500 in 2001 was a tragic accident caused by hard racing. So maybe it was always unavoidable that we would lose him.

The thing is. Dale Jr. still said he's probably going to follow his fathers dreams of dropping back in series (Sr. was going to retire from Cup, go down to Busch for a few races a year then Trucks and then go from the National series complete) and eventually just hauling a Late Model to a short track on a spare weeknight because the feeder series and short tracks needed support. And I think, maybe it's a bit smarter since he's seen it before and concussions are way serious business. It's easy to be cynical and say he's being lazy and will still sell more T-Shirts. But his father wanted to be an ambassador for racing when he retired from Cup and Joonya maybe realised that if he wants to follow that path, it's better to do it healthy than risking it all. Tony Stewart is taking the same path as he's planning to instead run short tracks and dirt while managing SHR. Tony's got rattled a couple of times and has been lucky to get away with it. Racing is in his blood as well but he's said about Junior's concussion that there's a few times he should have given it a rest for a week instead of hurting himself. And Smoke's the last of a dying breed and I do take his word a lot more seriously.

Everything else you are completely right on though. The sport needs unpozzed but I doubt it will while Brian France is still running the show.

God damn bring back Skies Of Arcadia already Sega.

TIME EXTENSION

I wrote in Skies of Arcadia; hope they don't mind filthy roundeye letters in their pristine nip survey.

They put these surveys out occasionally, and they never come to anything. They're probably just spammed by faggots asking for more of their current IPs.

Not that they need to continue any of their old IPs. More often than not, they just cock them up and ruin the legacy. Sega generally has the right idea in that you only make two or three games in a franchise - and then you move the fuck on to create new stuff. What they really need to do is to get back in touch with their arcade roots and create more games that are easy to pick up, difficult to master, and where the time between hitting the start button and when you actually start playing is less than 10 seconds. Bright colorful graphics, bombastic catchy music, and an irreverent design focus that puts fun and spectacle over "realism" or being edgy.

R.I.P. Dale Earnhardt

Gameplay

Also it's funny to note that Daytona International Speedway is soooo much smaller than the actual track.

Looks like some shintendo game

Way to shit over the legacy of this game. Bravo.

DAAAAAAAAAAAYY TOOOOOOOOOOO NAAAAAAAAHH

is it bad i want a new Ecco the Dolphin game?

feels good

It's exactly Daytona USA 1 physics with new graphics.
I'm disappointed, but it was very obvious that any ridiculous arcade-only vanity project was going to be very low-effort.

It would have at least been nice to make the collisions and crashes more realistic and kept the same drifting rules.
At least, one credit will let you race for a good amount of time like the old days, that's good.

Holy shit

What year is it?

Another year where there still isnt an Arcade in my country

Hey, if you WANTED a Daytona fan-service game, you would want it on PC & consoles, with all the different cars and tracks and drifting rules of Daytona 1 and 2, all given graphical updates and extra content added like the Daytona 1 PS3/360 release had (challenges, endurance, karaoke).

YES, if I saw this cabinet in an arcade I would enjoy playing it, but not as much as Daytona USA 2.

(2016) best current year and i still haven't touched liru because no uncensor

Superior game coming through.

You're an idiot if you actually think its going to be uncensored user

I can think whatever i want and you can't do anything about it faggot

I bet that the new Cruis'n will be shit.

This.

I-I just wanted to pick Sakura Wars.

OC

I've been a long-time fan of Daytona and never played Crusin', but that was a seriously long gameplay video in the post you're referencing, right there. Isn't that enough?

I don't know what Crusin' is supposed to be, but that footage looked awesome to me. Reminds me of Hydro Thunder, which I did play a LOT back on Dreamcast.

DAAAAYYYYTOOONNAAAAAAAAA

>tfw i have suggested for the last four Holla Forums sings that we do the Daytona theme and always get overruled

I have good memories of this game. My friend and I would have competitions on making the coolest crash and I would frequently drive in reverse to accomplish this.

Here's hoping this physics are still crazy.

cant wait to pump gas and drift in Daytona 3 like in Daytona 2
all you faggots cant even do that, fight me

Thanks to Trump, they think they can MAKE ARCADES GREAT AGAIN. Not even in office yet and he's done more for vidya than any other president before him.

Seriously, though, we should do it.

user you give them too much credibility.

Thanks fam

They were everywhere and it was easy, so people could play fun racing game with friends

It isn't Sonic Team. It should be good.

Will this at least get a console port? I don't want to have to drive 500 miles to an arcade just to play this.

Remember the feels when you finished Tides of Times and saw what happened to Ecco ; ;

>>>/cuckchan/

Get fucked Mark

hello goon

You deserve to get meme'd on with word filters. Enjoy taking your time to grab a blank unicode character just to squeeze your shitty forced meme out of your ass.

i don't know who's shitposting and serious anymore
so the reddit spacing meme is true that's obvious but who the fuck was the faggot who decided to run around telling everyone about it?

Good memories playing this bad boy

GAAAYBOOONAAAAAAH

It's not "true".
What makes you think it is true?
Your stupid meme is even younger than full/v/'s exodus. And nobody changed they way they type posts.
I didn't sink my life into Holla Forums for 8 years for you to pull this shit past me.

t.Reddit

i watch this video whenever i'm feeling down, always cheers me up. mitsuyoshi is a fucking cool guy.

FUCK

DAYTONA 2 WAS SO FUCKING UNDERRATED. NO HOME VERSION EITHER. FUCK

What the fuck is so fun about slowly passing other cars in 500 lap races? They had PS2 Daytona in the waiting room for my kids dentistry as a kid and my fucking god whatever the reception was trying to do, it worked. I was bored to tears and time FLEW by as I occasionally used the left on the D-pad to long turn. And now, as grown men, you faggots want to relive that with just better graphics?

DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

End yourself.

say that to my face nigger and not online and see what happens

Fuck off.

Wow you played a game that doesn't exist and still sucked so much ass at it.

How do I make Donte say "Fuck you"?

I WANNA FLYAAAAAYYYYEEEE SKY HIGH

That's the thing user. You never grew up.

At least he's not retarded.

Bravo.

That's the ENTIRE point of Daytona, pure cheese, pure spectacle, pure FUN.

Most of the places here with Cabinets have Daytona USA more have big buck hunter though

Come to Pinball Petes in Ann Arbor and we'll have a showdown, faggot.

2016 and everything is going to be great again.