TORtanic: What happened

Anyone know what happened to this game? I remember the amazing threads and raiding the wiki (Nigga Sadow, ill never forget that lmao)

Is it still populated or is it totally dead?

It was great singleplayer game.

Dont you think "great" is a bit of an overstatement?

It's F2P with a shit system and chugs along on the backs of ERPing faggots and whales, like every other F2P mmo.

its still chugging along, getting a new expansion soon apparently. i liked being a space cowboy but the game still sucks.

My sister thought it was alright but she's also a big fan of The Sims so I take her opinion with a grain of salt

eh. Its Bioware shit.

It was a WoW Clone that was a Single Player game transformed into an MMO. It didn't have any content apart from the story and once people played through that they stopped playing. It was only saved by being put on F2P life support mode and the fact it had Star Wars in the title. If it wasn't for that then EA could have ended up having to sell a fair number of IP's or close a few studios permanently, resulting in probably Ubisoft taking the crown as the big AAA publisher.

Someone post the thing where the guy went into the ocean in WoW and found the TORtanic

Twi'leks are hot, but good artwork of them is so hard to find.

Inb4 Heresy

>>>/cuteboys/

I like my Twi'leks with tits, thank you faggot.

Wow such bigots, don't'cha know Star Wars isn't for your kind anymore?

They may as well start wearing diapers, too. Bunch of babies.

If they don't then they really should. They need them.

Who cares? It's a MMO and

That's all you need to know.

Please tell me that's fake
I know it's going to be real isn't it?

I've literally never heard of this before now. And it doesn't make a lick of sense.

It's because a safety pin is safe.

GET IT!?

So theyre….turning star wars into a diaper? This has to be a false flag to make liberals look even more retarded than their usual stupidity.

I never got it either. The immigrants "Racists" are concerned about aren't even European. How does leaving the EU affect someone coming from Syria to start fresh? This is coming from someone who is actually legitimately working on migrating to Britain (work reasons and marriage). While it definitely takes planning, effort and money, there's always a clear incentive to play by the rules and become a legitimate citizen. I don't get how wanting to self-govern and distancing yourself with a tailspinning economy makes you a racist.

Never underestimate liberals' capabilities and unquenchable desire to turn anything and everything into an attention-seeking artform.

FUCK YOU user

It could still happen right?…….right guys?

I remind you that they were stupid enough to fall for this

The basic jist is that some stupid buttmad feminist wanted to create a badge to sell for loads of money to capitalize on Hillary's failure to show solidarity for the literally end of the world. But being so fucking stupid they only thing she could come up with was selling the pin the badge was attached too because that had already taken off in the UK.

It will happen and you will curse yourself for ever wishing for it.

Rumour has it they were working on it. Before the Disney takeover they were working on an open world RPG that was rumoured to be Kotor 3. It was cancelled, along with lots of shit, when Disney took over and EA got the games license.

Point taken.

Compare New Vegas to Fallout 4, and ask yourself honestly, if you really want a new Kotor. Especially one made with Disney & Dice in charge.

The one that hurts most is 1313. It looked incredible, and would have added amazing backstory to boba fett.

Don't worry user.

He's getting is own film now.

Played by the guy who played the black Johnny Storm from that shitty Fantastic 4 film that came out not to long ago.

Probably Holla Forums's idea

Honestly?

I sometimes wonder why I haven't killed myself yet. Something good will happen any day now! Not.

Yeah but what does saying no to a failed political experiment have to do with it?

That, and the EU is majority white whereas the Commonwealth that the major Brexit figures kept talking about wanting closer ties with is mostly Indians and Africans.

Guess I know what I wont be watching then. Jews can make all the shitty films and games with nigger protagonists they want, just makes it easier for me to identify what not to spend my money on.

Spite. They want you dead and gone, stay around to make them miserable. Every second you defy them is another you anger them aswell.

Reminder Revan, T3 and Exile got fucked up by a Sith OC because plot in the book.

FUUG UUUUU

Yeah, I think Holla Forums started it. It was started after people realized women would do anything if they thought it supported one of their movements after freebleeding and cutting for Bieber.

The exile would have been unstoppable with that hole in the force. Fuck Kotor mmo idiots. First they make EU noncanon, then they defile the exile and revan.

I can see it now…
STAR WARS
Stronk Independent Womyn Edition.

Pre-order NOW to receive the nu-male beta faggot expansion pack!

I see what you mean user.

They already did that.

It was called The Force Awakens.

And we're getting Rogue One, which is a rehash of Dark Forces and turning Kyle Katarn into Kylie Katarn.

Written by a mexican jew who's most successful work was a Twilight film, no less.

OUCH!!!

THIS THREAD FUCKING HURTS!!

Still didn't even show what happened to Battlefront 3 from Free Radical.

shit fuck seriously? I expected them to re use kyle but I didn't think they would change his gender.

Watch the trailer for Rogue One user and then compare it to Dark Forces. It's just a blatant copy of Kyle Katarn's story just like Episode VII was just a copy of IV, except I doubt many people will notice it this time.

But it was. They had the 200million dollar budget and it must of all went into the story line cause the gameplay was sure shallow.

He's not being that literal user. At least so far as we know, the name of the lead of Rogue One isn't Kylie Katarn. But other than that, it does seem the story is a little too similar - that said, I've only read about the trailer, I haven't watched it and I don't want to.

star wars akways sucked, the original trilogy sucked, the prequel trilogy sucked, and the newer movies suck too. the videogames all suck too.

can't imagine whats like being a SW retard, "i like this space franchise because its the fucking 80's and theres nothing else and no internet". SWtards are worse than weeaboos.

if you ever liked star wars do everyone a favor and kill yourself, even Mass Shit is a better space-themed franchise and they fucking shitted it up after the first game.

Main characters name is Jyn Erso.

'kay

Some old games were fine, the X-Wing series for example.

literally her best performance in the film…

That mouth of her's must be a vacuum cleaner for Jewish dicks. Only explanation of how she got the role.

Well no surprise since she's got that rotten pussy disease that makes her skin go all gross - all those fruity herbal masks likely stretched her face apart to where she can't avoid having her mouth open and eyes wide.

meant for

Her name is Jyn Erso

it had a ton of players for the first like two months, then their playerbase pretty much all quit at the same time. after about a year of this it went F2P and honestly had one of the best F2P models i've ever seen - play free up to max level if you want, but with severely reduced capabilities (even the infamous locked actionbars). buy those capabilities for in-game smedbux, or just subscribe for the same price as before and have everything unlocked as it always was.

the game itself wasn't exactly terrible but it was really uninspired. the voice acting wasn't worth the gorillions of dollars it cost. the combat sucked, and the story was for the most part pretty bad, even though the Imperial Agent had a genuinely awesome story line that was 70% space james bond, 10% space edge and a mere 20% stupid garbage as opposed to every other storyline that was mostly shit - the smuggler story was unbelievably retarded, the imperial inquisitor was 100% pure, uncut nothin personnel kid, etc. the morality system was interesting for one and only one reason - it allowed you to play classes that were obviously written to be either saccharine goody two shoes or mustachio-twirling villain in the opposite light playing a light side sith warrior was actually great, since you were basically just a self-aware, extremely reasonable soldier who was content to live and let live when he needed to.

tl;dr it didn't deserve to fail as hard as it did, but at the same time it wasn't worth a tenth what it cost. nowadays i wouldn't bother; the entire playerbase is either horrifyingly stuck-up-their-own-ass ERP faglords, "how i shoot like han solo" F2P retards, or savagely retarded people who spend hundreds of dollars on this shit per month seriously, a good friend of mine once bought like $400 worth of cartel coins in one month

Her name is Jew'n Earn'so'much?

Memories Swtor would have been good if it was single player having to press Esc on every quest speech to see how it unfolds is a nightmare.

If Bioware had just made IA story into an Alpha Protocol clone and ditched the stupid MMO bullshit it would have been their best game in years
The gameplay wouldn't even have to be very good, which is why I mention AP–it would just need to fit with the fucking theme and not have diversions to go collect 15 ewok testicles or whatever

Thing is, the game did nothing really interesting, and what it did it did not do particularly well.

BioWare and EA marketed the game on the writing, claiming it was the premier BioWare AAA experience online, with all the doodahs you'd expect in a BioWare game, from "good" writing to "meaningful" choices and consequences. What players got instead was a steaming turd with horrible VA, shitty animations, nonsensical writing even worse than BioWare's already abysmal standards and buggy, broken gameplay.

BioWare's inept handling of the game and community were just the cheery on top, because it truly was the gift that kept on giving and giving. I fondly remember all the TORtanic threads chronicling BioWare's bumbling and falling over themselves from one hilarious fuckup to the next. And let's not forget the homosexual concentration camp planet.

Lightside Sith Inquisitor was great too, Sith are all about emotion and you go with lovu-lovu~ in that route, helping people who refuse to believe you, can't blame them while butchering those who oppose your actually peaceful views. It wasn't as intriguing as IA story but it was damn fun, I mean you're not playing as some boring 2bit jedi who might go evul route, you go full emotion full freedom while being a freaking Sith Lord.

Also the dialogue rolls were fun, like when 3 guys go "we need this guy for bountry/info/love&peace, lets keep him alive" and a Sith Lord zaps the poor bastard because "the fucker didn't do what I told him, keep going, I'm the Sith Lord here". Overall the quest multiplayer quest stuff was great and playing it with friends while the main story was mostly singleplayer experience with a few important multiplayer missions was enjoyable too, also huttball superstar party play.
But 1-2 months in and what's after that? Endgame? Acrobatic last secret cube or smth done with buggy invisible bridges and using duel+SI pull to help friends and knockback to get on shit that was too high, last boss buggy as hell, which was actually the best part, with floor missing, platforms not spawning, people lost in limbo, etc and huttball, but huttball only gets you so far, that's it, you've beaten the MMO! WoW combat system wasn't good either because unlike PSO2 where you can go autistic and do some serious shit, there you're limit by cooldowns and stupid "controlled environment" stuff where the peak of gameplay was to tell people not to stand in fire/kill fucking drones.
Story system is nice but constantly updating it is expensive and they didn't get the WoW audience they wished for. Not like EA would even spend more on fun stuff if they got money

DING DONG BANNU