Dominions 4 General: Mamono edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a history teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

If you have a hard on for history, and mythology and want to pretend to be a god leading your followers into apocalyptic wars this is the game for you!

Join the steamgroup for multiplayer

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed)

jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.

larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

For testing battle formations and spells

dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

Team game going slow and steady,
EA game flying fast
MA game getting complicated, hosting extended as a result

Decide upon this weeks blitz!

Other urls found in this thread:

illwinter.com/dom4/manual_modding.pdf
8-booru.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=crow_harpy
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EAThingsShouldBeFine
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=LASuccesorsOfAShitShow
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076543436
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Giant Man Eating Jews a best!

You're playing a dangerous game, OP…

Crow girl is so cute
Is there a booru page or something for her? Sage for off topic

I think someone over on /monster/ compiled one, but I have no clue what it is. I just save anything I come across.

So I keep reading about modding in dom4, but I've never even considered it

How comprehensive are mods? Are they just nations or is there more?

illwinter.com/dom4/manual_modding.pdf

I loved this game, but it was just so big and i didn't have anyone to play it with. I'll have a look at the steam group though, maybe it'll be less daunting and grindy playing with people.

we're organizing Blitz's on saturday to help more people get into it.

GO TO SLEEP EXPECTING TURNS
WAKE UP TO NO TURNS

You should join the PBEMs as well. It's a fairly laidback way to get into the game. The downside is losing interest because it is slower paced than your average game.

HOLY FUCK IT HAS BEEN NEARLY 12 HOURS CAN SOMEONE FUCKING DO THEIR TURN ALREADY?

FUCK 1 MINUTE A TEN CHINKS STALL

So looking at our online games, we have two games with one person stalling, I don't ten chinks would just stall for shits and gigs so I'm just going to assume he has been busy with something.

8-booru.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=crow_harpy

Don't know if that's everything the artist drew of her or not, and I don't know the artist either. Might even be more on that booru uploaded but untagged. Probably not.

I just checked and he did indeed stale, I'm guessing he's also Ulm in EA8itwillbefine.

I'll extend the time limit for Wizards so he doesn't stale out of turn 10.

Friendly reminder, please let us know if you need a time extension. Though it wouldn't had been much help this time as I've been away from the computer all day until now, just keep it in mind ok? I'd rather you take your time than the games action go stale.

UNFRIENDLY REMINDER TO SEND IN YOUR FUCKING TURNS OR SAY THAT YOU ARE BUSY
I don't really care, just to be sure I'm going to extend the EA game as well.

If ten chinks doesn't report in after so long we will have to find a replacement.

Marverni's decided to go AI, so it looks like 8EAnosurvivors has finished in

GLOLIOUS VICTOLY FO DAI ONI TEIKOKU

Have some graphs. If the admin is still around, you can go ahead and end the game. Don't feel like grabbing the thrones.

For what its worth, Marverni, I thought we were still pretty evenly matched. 50+ druids spamming Gifts from Heaven is a cunt and was taking out my SCs pretty easily.

Theredos, as a tip when you research Frozen Heart your water mages become SC killing machines. A few of your Melias spamming that would have killed all my Dai Oni that weren't wearing Elemental Armor (and maybe those too - I don't know if the fatigue damage applies through cold resist).

All in all, pretty fun game. Thought I was dead when C'tis pushed me back to my capital in the first few turns. Luckily Frighten is fucking great in the early game.

so TC in 8wizards and Ulm in the EA game is probably the same guy. Shit happens. I know I get really busy sometimes and can't be fucked doing turns when I get home, because I'm tired.

I say give it 24 hours and if he hasn't shown up, maybe look for a subsistute or something, I don't know.

Shit, I didn't send in my turns ? I was pretty sure I did them, I must have forgotten to actually mail it or something, I remembered to send in my middleagedm8s and even the L8termabortion turn though and I think I did them at the same time, sorry guys. I will do turns today when I get back home in a couple hours.
Or maybe that was the day before yesterday and I forgot to check the mail yesterday.
Maybe I would have realized if I checked this thread that you guys are waiting for me, but i wasn't for once.

Well according to my mail i sent in turn last, on 14th so I must have forgotten to take/send my turns yesterday, it's just that middleagedm8ts must have been extend for unrelated reasons because I'm not Shinuyama.
And haven't sent in L8term, I just can't read, not that it matters any, truth be told, I'm just trying to commit suicide by blasphemy before jews got bored of waiting for me to attack.Vampires are better on the defence.

(Yes i have been in that one too) A lot of druids died when ghost greek AI trolled me and cut off my retread from that last battle, but yeah, gifts from heaven spam is pretty fun. Greeks were able to counter it with mistform though, a single meteor is enough of a "strong blow" to break it but it takes twice as much effort to flatten an army.

Glorious Me

I know how you feel. I decided to get back into dominions again and joined a bunch of games, subbing in another.

5 minute turns that bloat out into an hour pretty quickly. Not just clicking, but thinking ahead and planning. It's fun, but fuck me I make it hard for myself at times.

In less than an hour you're going to stale out of the EAitwillbefine

Alright Vanarus, I believe you when you say you're careless now.

I didn't expect you to start casting Earthquake at the end, but it sure helped kill off a lot of your mages instead of my cheap ass archers.

I didn't expect to cast earthquake either. don't know why the back half of my sabbath went off script. I checked it twice. Doesn't matter, more where that came from and I know I can afford to replace losses. While you're butting your head against chaff I have a real army outside your cap and you're getting fucked in the ass by other nations.

Bluster all you like, you know which way this war is headed, which is why you're offering deals. Take a guess as to which fort Pazuzu is going to visit next turn. I'll give you a hint, it's not Shinuyama. Are you going to dome one, or both I wonder? Will it make a difference? It will get easier to predict once I take another fort from you. Good thing gobrins aren't claustrophobic, because your world is getting smaller and smaller by the day.

The one who is blustering is you, you've lost all of your battles and when you go to my capital you're going to lose that as well.

also Sabbath doesn't work if you don't have blood slaves

Anyone interested in the great stalling saga, turns out I did make the turns but forgot to send them in.
Doing it by script makes it way faster and more convenient but also means it's easier to not notice you forgot to push a button.

NEW 8WIZARDS TURN

I had frozen heart but the problem was that I had to gamble on the path access to it + the fact you had the elemental armor. Also the couple times I tried that the mages didn't want to move in range to cast it and spammed fucking water elementals until they passed out. Grats on the win though fag, this loss tells me if I have a great expansion like that game I'll try to bully everyone to death before they recover and can fight back.

Just checked it out, I'm amazed at how fast everyone got their turns in.

shinu,pythium, and rlyeh are usually the early birds so I bet we'll get a second turn later tonight.

I knew the harder AIs cheat but this is ridiculous.
I know, I know, but I was still surprised when i saw it.

So he's carrying an Effigy of war?

I was thinking of the magic mirror with the same effect, but yeah.

As much as I hate to do this, I have to quit the games I'm currently in, for IRL reasons I cannot discuss here.

I have until Sunday to fill in these spots, and will play turns until then, after that I'm going to be gone for a long time.

Wizards: Y's
Middleagem8s: Shinuyama
Ea8itwillbefine: Arcoscephale

The latter two can go AI, but I don't want to spoil the disciple game so I'd much rather prefer someone take over that at the very least, I'll leave whomever fills in the role of Y's some notes in game that your team mates can send back to you.

again I'm very sorry to have to leave, but it's happening, and that's all I have to say.

Fuck

NEW 8WIZARDS TURN

sorry to hear that man, despite our banter, playing against you is fun. best of luck in your endeavors.

Well shit. I hope you can get your shit sorted out IRL.

I still have some time

Man I was hoping you'd attack my capital and we'd have a nice big fight before I have to go, but all you do is disappoint me.

Going pretty fast today.

What is defending the province when it's attacked? Is it whatever I get when I press "D" with the province selected or is it the soldiers in the garrison, or a general's army?

Everything that is in the province and not hiding as far as I know. Unless you've got a fort in it, then only the patrolling forces get rekt.

So it begins, Pythium.

And so it ends, Pythium is that nigga.
Fuck with him get your shit pushed in nigga, if you are scared negotiate a cease fire.

I'm going to delay hosting for a few games, I'm up north now and been hunting and drinking so my turns may be inconsistent.
This won't effect most of the games I'm playing mostly La Abortion as it takes an hour of steady thinking to make.

I told you to watch Pythium, him and his marmalades.

I mean they wont get very far, but still my son aint gonna take shit from no one, so go now Q'aas go out and mind rape to the extreme!

As Pythium's God I will let you in on this.
Pythium is exceptional, if he is attacking you bend over, offer him your asshole, and hope he gives you truce.
Seriously fuck with anyone but Pythium.

well his player is Vanarus in middleagedm8s, and from what I've seen he's managed to expand almost as much as I have as y's.

but I won't be able to fight him, he's too far away. Xibalba just tried to fight me under water which didn't work out, and it's going to continue to not work out.

Though maybe his Wo'muuch's will do better

Pythium is probably the strongest nation so far, in this game. Fucking with him is ill advised.

So far from what I can tell you're team is in a losing position, Elves are exposed on all sides, both Y's and Rlyeh are in the west sea meanwhile Yomi is in the far west.

Even if you're not playing I'm sure you could find the value in a ceasefire?
Afterall you won't be around for long as Russia is calling their troops in and someone will need to replace you.
Why not give the a scenario where they can adjust and acclimate, after all they are against me, and I love a good game more then I do winning.
So far from what I can tell you're team is in a losing position, Elves are exposed on all sides, both Y's and Rlyeh are in the west sea meanwhile Yomi is in the far west.

Even if you're not playing I'm sure you could find the value in a ceasefire?
Afterall you won't be around for long as Russia is calling their troops in and someone will need to replace you.
Why not give the a scenario where they can adjust and acclimate, after all they are against me, and I love a good game more then I do winning.

Goddamnit, I accidentally sent in my Shinuyama turn without actually doing anything, I've only looked at it so far.

Its too late tonight to play that shit, fuck I just wanted to do my fast turns.

You literally say that about every single fucking game we play, seriously.

Yeah and despite me saying this every fucking game, I hold the record for most games won, don't push me to win I will find a way that will be you're undoing.

ROFL

You hold the record for most games won, is that a joke? how many games did you play since I was gone exactly, the first game I played with you was when we did the EA Disciples with me as Oceania and you whined the whole way through that!

and I know for a fact you weren't Tienchi in that Ragnarok game where I got beat and finally decided to take a break.

I haven't seen you win a single game since you started to be a regular in the dom4 games so don't talk out your ass I haven't even seen you do that well, when I thought you were at my level initially. and no everyone going AI during the blitz doesn't count.

Every single game that I've completed here I've won and I can't even remember how many that is but it must be more than 10-11, there is only two games I didn't play to the end and that is because I got tired of playing.

I might be an aggressive player, but you're just a loud mouth prick.

I told you. I'm a liar. Why didn't you believe me?

It began 13 turns ago.

You should have listened to this guy. I'm in the water now. You might be able to push me out, but you're gonna have to work for it. I had some extra gold, so I decided to throw it at you because I could. I'm going to keep doing it, too.

Never played Pythium in MP before, in this version of the game or previous ones. I've had my shit pushed in by Pythium players a few times though, so I have a few ideas of what works and what doesn't.

I'm ambivalent to any peace deals though. I can see the merits both for peace, to allow nations to build up for a more complex game, or all out war. Let me know what you decide, boss.

This is a while ago, but I used to play Dom3 a lot. Never a good player, spent too much time fucking around trying to be innovative, real innovative, not meme innovative. Won a few games though.

This one time I took on this guy, that by all rights should have won, he owned half the map with a sea nation, Atlantis or R'lyeh. I was playing an innovative full turmoil/sloth/luck Shinuyama with a major Air bless. kek. I pushed his shit in so hard in so many battles, sending him wicked bantz every turn. He not only quit the game, he quit 3 other games he was playing because I smacked him so hard. Didn't even do anything too crazy, just a foul vapours/life after death combo mixed in with other random battle enchants, coverted all my shamans into upkeep free undead and had them reanimating non-stop. Turned into a budget Ermor with better path diversity. Good times.

This disciples game though…I'm not fucking around. This team game shit in dominions 4 is awesome.

R'lyeh here.

We'll see. At worst I'll get my shit pushed in and we'll have a good laugh on how laughably bad I am. This comes when you pick a UW nation after not playing for like a year or so. Peace or not, I'll leave to my team to decide.

Cheers, here's to gud fites.

I'm rating myself as a shit stirrer, not a good player. You should be able to hold your own, especially against independent recruits.

Nah you're a good player Van, but you are careless for sure, It's too bad I wont have the opportunity to defeat you.

You can still easily push Pythium out and fort up at that location but you won't be able to Mind Hunt him, and since he's gotten too big you can't win directly without others helping in a fight now.

You'll always win in magic duels though unless his pretender is S9, which is something you should capitalize on because all of his mages have astral and he wants to do big communions

Speaking of, anyone up for a new FFA MA/EA game? I gather a game just finished, so we could get another one going. (Make it a small map or something so we could get things going quickly.)

Lets see I won 2 Silent seas games.
Won the L8Abortion game which is going on since me and ulm want to play around and learn stuff.
Won the blitz yes nigger everyone going AI does count.
I may have one or two games which I won that I don't remember.

Your hubris is your downfall, and you like to go AI the minute things don't start going your way.

I don't think I'm that good, I never aim for a specific strategy, I don't think many turns in advance, lots of things I can do better.
However I do enjoy claiming to be the best as it makes you very very upset.

I'll make one in a minute.
Probably MA as best variety but we should also get a LA game sometime as we have none active.

My hubris? you're the one backpedaling because I called you out for your stupid comments. If you can't win on your own merits then you're not a winner at all; you're just a spoiler, and I'm sick of your holier than thou attitude.

Lol you take yourself way to serious.

Noice.
Sent a Niefelheim pretender.

Oh fuck tomorrow is saturday.
Who's in for the blitz?
Go ahead and say your preferences for the map/era/anything else as you announce you're in.
I think I want to do MA.

Oh sweet, I've been wanting another PBEM all week.

Its american's hunting season, I will be pretty fucked up the entire time.

I will send in Hinnom, but if you're smart you should attack me first due the handicap of being severely intoxicated.

I want MA, I'd like to play a modnation game. No shitty wesnoth/hex/brown maps pls

You want to host?

I'm going to the shops soon, if it hasn't started by the time I get back I'll host it on blitzserver

I'd like to but I'm busy, unfortunately.

Well assuming we use last week's time it's still 12~ hours until the game.

Welll AI LA for ya, I've so far killed a coyote who deared fucked with my dog(hue hue) but since then I've been up north so expect delays that will be dixed by the 20th.
I'll be fixing with high powered rifles.

welp, thanks for the bantz Shinuyama. i'll fite you some other time.

Holy fuck, what did I even mean?
Shit nigga alcohol is the devil.

Also what the fuck does this mean^

yeah another time.

Also I'd recommend that no one use the 72 version of summod, it seems to break a lot of spells I was playing with it last night when I got home from work.

There are some replacement spells that are all over the place, some that should be on items, and it some that will just downright crash the game if you try to cast them.

I'll change the mod types.

yeah w/e you think works best, I just thought I should mention that especially if you guys are going to do the blitz again tonight.

Also I've postponed 8wizards indefinitely since I can't find a replacement, I might have a replacement for Arco though.

Im going to send the Admin pw to Van/Pythium in middleagem8s and then that's it for me.

I probably won't be able to make the blitz unless we do it later, its hunting season so I will be out until nightfall.
If no one sets up one by then I will.

I'll try to find a replacement, if I absolute have too I will go to Steam.

Nevermind, I'm staying in tonight to nurse this fucking hangover, I can't host a multi game as my connection is spotty.
But I'll be ready whenever, also I'm also down for someone hosting Conquest of Elysium.

I'd be up for either if we're using Discord or something similar. I'm just not autistic enough to enjoy multiplayer without some sort of conversation.

I would be interested in some sort of chat, but that does tend to cause cliques to form, which is always pretty gay.

Why not use the thread?
I mean its low in post count, so it wouldn't be too bad.
I would really like to play COE as i've never played it on multi
Plus I get a real kick out of man eating deer while hunting them irl

I guess no blitz tonight.
Sent in a pretender for the EA game.

the dog? if you get a dog from an event it is actually one of those Mictlan demons. you can awaken it and get yourself a D/B mage

No man, I was so drunk the other night I saw a coyote which I thought had two heads and for some reason thought was going to attack my dog despite him being safe inside.

For some reason I thought that this was relevant to the general.

No big predators in Oz, aside from crocs. Kangaroo and feral pigs can fuck you up though, no joke. Mainly snakes and spiders you have to watch out for, inland. Lost a couple of dogs to snakes, unfortunately.

Hey I got a question for anyone who plays COE what does a mystical pillar do?

it's been a while, but I think it allows you to gate an army for long range travel. not sure how to activate it.

Seeing as the current disciples game is on indefinite hiatus, is anyone interested in another team game?

no all out war, more of a training game to pick up some tips and tricks from more experienced players. hold off on attacks for a couple of years to everyone gets some breathing room and can afford to experiment and make some mistakes.

I realize that it will blow up and become complex pretty quickly, but the idea would be to improve people's skills, not stroke the ego of more experienced players, like myself. I can stroke my own ego, just fine. If it goes okay, we can challenge halfchan to a dick-measuring contest or something.

Does a late age game interest anyone?

Sure, since I guess I'm the most experienced player now I'll play as the king nigger for LA.
Now how were you thinking?
Something like this game with 2 big teams with multiple followers?
Or like the original disciple game where we had multiple teams with one follower and pretender?

either/or. I'm not much of a leader, but I can take charge of a team. I don't want to stop anyone else from making a pretender though.

so say 2 teams for now, leave it open for multiple teams if anyone else wants to step up.

I'll give it another day to gauge interest, then set up a game and post a pretender. I'm assuming you're going for Gath? I might go in the other direction and make something for Utgard or Midgard. We can have a Jews vs Stormfront match going on or something. Fire and Ice, if that triggers you. Earth, Wind and Fire if someone else steps up.

I'd be good with being in another disciple game, and it's practically thread tradition to always have a game in each era going.
I'll whip up an Ulm disciple so we can have the Jews vs. Stormfront theme was talking about.

I'll make the game real quick, as its going to be a no rush game I I'll pick Glory of the Gods again.

As for the pretender.

Got my Ulm disciple in.
Will pick pretender when another one steps up.

Neat. I'm all up for a training game. I'll need all the tips I can get. Let me see what LA nations are good and I'll send in a disciple.

Oh, right, user is leaving/killing himself and nobody really stepped up to sub. And I was
finally doing fine. Of course will be joining that one, could use some some tips.

Won't have any idea what is happening.

Damn, wanted to go for vampires again with all those mods, but it's fine, Bessie gives you her blessing.
Will decide on something else, but I think I would prefer to wait for the second pretender.

It's going to be pretty heavily modded so even those nation that were pretty meh, or low on flavour will get a ton of shit.

I'll probably submit something like this. I'm loathe to take an imprisoned god, so I'll settle for dormant. Regenerating disciples. Good for monsters

Major issue is taking Thrones without a prophet, so I might take something with legs instead, or simply rely on disciples to do the claiming. I'll check those mods out and see what's up with them before I commit. Worse case, I might have to go imprisoned in order to afford legs…or I could try and rush construction for holy boosting artifacts, or send a Scratti underwater to summon a Bishop Fish, one of which I could probably pull off by year 3 if I pushed hard… Fukken Thrones, man.

Blood bless is really good for Marignon and C'tis, anything with cheap, spammable sacreds, really.

You don't necessarily need legs, but I think immobiles are usually taken imprisoned, also there is probably additional hidden cost in that immobiles usually have higher starting dominion score and because each point you buy is more expensive you end up spending way less when getting to the same value.
Dormant means that disciples will get into action sooner too though.

Count me in

Anyone knows where this might come from? It triggers while creating a disciple when I pick the age. Tried with a fresh mod folder but it still happens.

De-activate all mods, re-activate mods, if that doesn't work delete any mod that adds new units and re-install.

Turns out it works when I use any other version of sunmod, but with the 0.65 it crashes.

There are so many thrones any nation with sacreds should do well.
Blood is great in general as its one of the better counters for magic nuking.

major insomnia. Got to get ready for work in 4 hours and I'm feeling like shit and can't sleep.

That's the plan. The scales aren't great for your income in the short term, so having a disciple that can come out swinging can be an advantage. More provinces effected by growth over time, more good luck events and more mages benefiting from magic scales.

Gath's scales give advantages right out of the gate. More money and resources to spend on armies from turn 1. Less dependent on rng for benefits, more consistent returns.

Regeneration works well on something big with a lot of hit points, like dragons or other beasts that can expand by themselves. Even works for stuff that you want to forge gear for, such as a Virtue or Ghost King can benefit.

Good nations for the tree are ones that won't be hurt as much by cold scales. Caelum, Midgard, Bogarus, Atlantis and R'lyeh. R'lyeh won't get it's freespawn, but it's population won't die either, so it should play like middle age R'lyeh. Bad nations are ones with cold-blooded troops, like Patala, Xibalba and Pythium (hydras).

Oh yeah, it's a good passive benefit. It's just a lot more noticeable when you have a lot of sacreds on the field. Trying to banish C'tis' sacred undead for example, or throwing fireballs at flagellants. Just as nasty when someone tries to gank your commanders though.

I guess we will never know.

Alright, sunmod 0.65 also makes me crash when launching a new game. Wanted to see if I could just create the disciple with another version of sunmod and then use it in a game. Any reason why we're using 0.65? Could do without the hassle tbh.

DIBS ON MARIGNON, TEAM GATH

I just wanted to try summod+ME as those are the only compatible versions.
I'll just make it ME, for CRAZAY spells.
If anyone prefers one over the other let me know.
Also Team 8 is for undecided.

Also sorry for postponing the L8TermAbortion game Ulm.
I'm on my laptop at my huntingcamp, whenever I try to play my turn on it, it starts to melt.

I'll send in my turn when I get home to my desktop later today.

Domo arigato kami-sama.

Potentially want to join your team but can't decide between those.
Midgard would fit the theme but has limited magic access and I’m kinda meh on those Viking factions, because there is not much variety.
Both Caelum and Atlantis have a problem with their non-cap mages having just 1s in everything and not even particularly useful crossspaths, why would I want an E1 forger, how many swords of sharpness is anyone going to need.
I guess Bogarus it is then. or joining the jews with something else

I'm interested

I had to go in and mess with the files on my system.
The in-game error check is your friend.

Battle report from LateTermAbortion

I really like the arrow bait of bloodslaves, until I realized it was your pretender god.

I must have missed I set her up in the corner when planning for some other battle or something. She's immortal anyway. Hoped that I might be able to brute force a battle. But a couple of evocations, even if big, clearly weren't enough to holocaust a thousand jews.

Thought I owe you to try using them at least once before the end of the game.
I still have some tartarians but I have no way of healing and truing them into commanders so that's pretty much any chances of at least inflicting decent losses gone and I have researched literally everything at this point so we can end it to concentrate on games that are going somewhere.

You're too negative, half my army is diseased now.
The good news I can now summon some demon lords of my own.
Fossil warriors are suprisingly durable though, I'm glad I got them, they can't be decayed and they have such high prot combined with pierce resist that iron blizzard is pointless.

I also saved up all my air gems to cast that global so I could empower my air mage I got from random event.
Iron blizzard counts as a ballistic so arrow fend mitigates most of it.

REMINDER TO JOIN
Pretenders Here

and here

well I let those last turns go through before i had to go.

man with all those events I got as y's and my ether warriors there is no doubt I'd get my PHD in kicking Xibalbas ass, but unfortunately my team mates didn't expand very well early on.

either way looks like you guys are making a new team game, hope you have fun. I gave van the PW to 8wizards, I'd suggest just declaring the game finished.

Im also going AI as Shinu, I think my friend is going to take over Arco still but idk will post the email here later if thats the case

Shame, I was looking forward to getting bullied by you or whoever would take ever. Personally I don't mind waiting for someone to take over Ys, even if it takes a long time. Anyway, good luck to you with whatever is making you take a leave.

Same I would give it some time to find a replacement especially for such an interesting game in the mean time.

We have the other disciples game which despite people claiming to be interested
ONLY HAS 3 PEOPLE SIGNED UP

Sorry, i was going to send in my disciple but got stuck on picking a nation stage, while making a disciple is relatively easy because you don't have to balance dominion and scales, just magic paths, you have to pick something that fits gods scales/blesses.

I was mostly waiting to round out the teams but I'll go ahead and make my disciple now

I'm Midgard in the game, intended to join Team 8. If teams are uneven or someone else wanted Midgard, I'll happily change

Thinking LA Mictlan to go with this. Would fit their theme.

Whoops, I meant the blood god here.

Might as well even out the teams and put Ulm on team Mooby.

But who is going to be the pretender for the other team?

You're from the Gaming Den? That hive of shitlibs, trannies and communists that even Goons look down on? wew lad.

Utgard. Will submit a pretender in a bit, been busy with work.

I don't even know what the gaming den is I just gave Vanarus the password because he seemed decent enough.

anyway my friend doesn't have time to play as arco either so that will also go AI.

remember to MAGA or wherever you are, shit's getting real

Forum that Red Rob is from. Never mind. Knew a guy that used to post there, vet with PTSD. Smart, but a fucking psycho when off his meds. Introduced me to Dominions.

Decided to go for Bogarus instead. Utgard can expand quick, but not being able to take thrones is a disadvantage I can't live with. Bogarus expansion will be slower initially, will pick up pace once their cavalry comes out. No point taking production as I won't be able to afford enough on initial turns to be useful, won't need production once I clear the cap ring and get new forts up.

I'd recommend huskarls as arrow catchers, skinshifters and einheres on the near flank to expand. The nature bless isn't great for Vans initially. Good for their Van commanders with research and gear. Mistform + regen is a good combo, as damage take is reduced to 1, which regeneration takes care of easily. Once you have a few teams of huskarls+skinshifters, then go all out on their cavalry. Independent commanders should be good enough to lead teams of non-sacreds for your expansion. Try it out in SP and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Mid game armies are probably going to be largely buffed Skinshifters, which are a pretty potent force.

Chimps here, joining this team

sorry, took me 3 attempts to get a pretender in because you spelled successor incorrectly and I didn't.

tbh, you might be better with Gath's scales. your elite troops are expensive and your apes are not great against armored independents. that said, you could probably expand decently using cheap units as a screen, with a rank of Naga behind them in a seperate squad, set to spit poison and hypnotize (fire closest). Once you get some research down, there are plenty of summons that can take advantage of the bless. You might want to take a monstrous disciple, to help out with expansion. Even something like the Bodhisattva can work well; regen, glamour, awe and flying. Forge some basic gear for when she wakes up, so she can actually take a hit and kill things, then script her to cast air shield and attack archers. Avoid provinces with Nature mages, as tangle vines will ruin your day. Try it out in SP and see it in action for yourself. Other monsters don't need explanation, but keep in mind that Late Age is the age of crossbows and knights, so you'll probably want something that can recover from afflictions. I would avoid a rainbow mage unless you are confident in your ability to expand without help.

god fucking damnit. 4 attempts. change the name of the game. it's making me sperg out. i'm not looking forward to repeating your error for the next month or two.

Thanks for the advice! I will try my best to not drag the name of the glorious pretender through the mud

I'm no expert on Midgard. Their Vanjarls are great thugs, providing you can manage fatigue from their buff spells. Mistform, regeneration, glamour, high defence. Give them a brand and a vine shield and watch them go to town. Or have them back your army by spamming Storm, Thunderstrike and stuff like Fog Warriors. Using them for blood hunting is expensive, but they can get a blood economy going and summon Storm Demons, or cast Spells like Wrath of Pazuzu, which can shut down an enemy fort.

Your Galdermen are probably the toughest human mages in the game. Not the toughest mages outright, but they're werewolves, so they can take some punishment. They get a mix of magic paths which are good for forging and combat.

Norna might not look like much, but they're decent researchers and later in the game they can be invaluable for communions or spamming Stellar Cascades.

I think the ME mod adds a few unique spells and summons you wont see in vanilla. I noticed some Draug commanders, which are tough undead Vans. You'll be able to get your Skyrim on.

Just have fun. If I can offer advice without coming across like a dick, or a know-it-all, I'll be happy. Training wheels are on for this match, so it's about fucking around and having fun…at least publicly.

Eh. Gotemen will be joining the trees as well and led by a giant earthworm.

Seems like team 1 is bit too big, and has 3 pretenders.

Yeah that's just because llamaserver a shit, I'm fixing it now.

Just copy and paste the fucking name of the game, you can't change it once its made.
Also you just reply to the turn emails to send in your turns do you really compost a new email for each one?

Alright if I got this right.

Team 1 is

Team 2 is

And to round things up Abyssia.

I will launch the game in 30 minutes, if anyone has any changes they want to make now is the time to do it.

Also I've always wanted to do a disciple's game with La Gath and La Abysia, now that I think about it all our nations are blood users with demon summons and well armored national units.

While the other team is composed of degenerate nature worshipers and lazy star watchers.

Really like how this happens in disciples games naturally.

you're doing that shit on purpose. compose. yes, I compose a new email every time, because it's faster than taking my hands off the keyboard.

make things interesting. unclustered start. how long do you want a ceasefire for? a year? two? the turn after your god appears? best get this established now.

the weak should fear the strong

Themed games are a best. Besides, when he picked a literal tree to be a god, I thought Pangea was only a natural fit along with shit-flingers nigger monkeys.

What I mean is you don't even have to aim for a themed game, it kind of just happens.

Abysia and Ulm are on our team, a rift in reality has formed where Germany and Jews put aside their differences.
Its a brave new world of the Kosher Reich.

Yeah I dislike clustered start as it makes expansion a pain in the ass.
Well this is more of a learning game then Wizards, more land nations so nations will probably find each other sooner then later.
I would say at the end of year 2.

Yeah, unclustered, clustered way too often generates starts that are on neighbouring provinces

cool, any other details people should be aware of? magic site frequency, for example. the higher it is, the more blood slaves hunting generates.

LASucceSorOfAShitshow HAS BEGUN

I left it as default, it would be unfair otherwise as we are all blood nations and LA abysia with ME I believe can start summoning Devils turn 1.

Other then that standard LA game.

Good luck people. Fingers crossed no one starts next to a level 3 throne.

Pact of Blood and Fire, functionally identical to bind devil but Blood 0 instead of 3.
Abysia also gets Fire/Blood crossbreeding spells,so they actually have access to something that is major part of their fucking fluff, without taking lore-unfriendly nature.

Hey whoever is admin of 8wizards needs to suspend the game, a turn just went by and Pythium and Y's stalled.

I sent in my last turn (pythium) didn't get a new one.

fug, at this point if it stalls again just better to delete it.

I thought it was being called anyway, due to one of the gods going AI

We were going to wait for a replacement for Y's as its all we needed, I figured we could find one relatively soon, but if its on 24 hr hosting then it wont matter because as we look it wills stall.

hmm. I did get the password, so I can delay hosting. don't know why I didn't get the turn file, or a notice that the turn was about to expire.

I'll put the game on 48 hrs for now. can extend it if extra time is needed.

Yeah it is strange, I'm looking through my emails and see that I haven't received a warning either.

If you want to be an absolute madman, you could roll back the turn, then put the hosting hours to 9999.

I know missing a turn probably fucked me a little, but I'm not sure a rollback is a good idea. I heard it can cause issues.

If a new player steps up for Ys and everyone is cool with it, I'll do a rollback, but I don't want to do it for my benefit only.

Rollbacks can accidental delete a game out of existence, which is why I said madman.

Y's stalled to but if you okay with it that's cool.
I can only suggest more time for hosting so something like this doesn't happen again.

I put the timer to 48 hours for now. If no one steps up to play Ys in that time, we can continue, I guess, though I'm not sure what to do about Ys. I could send their turn to myself and set them AI, but 4 on 3 isn't a fair fight, even if I have to sacrifice another turn.

Which is kind of my point, plus a pretender going Ai is a lot different then a disciple going AI.

I could take over for Ys and set Pythium AI…but I have insider knowledge.

Yeah there is really no good solution other then to wait, and we don't know if the game will allow that as it does keep track of Game ID's.

I know you can't play multiple nations at the same time on llamaserver, but I have subbed for multiple different nations in a game before, so I think switching nations is fine. that was dom3 though, so the swedes may have updated their bitcoin mining drm.

LASHITSHOW NEW TURN

So apparently my CD key was used on multiple installations (Midgard and Midgard) so my turn 1 orders weren't executed. Anyone know what I did wrong?

You mean they weren't processed?
Its not showing that you stalled.

Yeah, my first turn definitely didn't happen and I got this message

Did you send in multiple disciples or delete one afterwards?
Are you using the most recent version?
Have you verified dominions 4 file?
Did you buy from a CD key place?

Either way because the game is new and 1st turn is the most important I'm rerolling the game.

Take this time to delete your disciple, if you can't I will when I get back.

Then remake a COMPLETELY new disciple, it can be the same just make it new.
Do this after you verify you files if using Steam.
After that re-send your disciple.

It will take a second since when you set a game back to the beginning there is a 10-30 minute period where the game is in limbo.

I just sent in the one disciple. I'm on the latest steam version, and I got a steam activation key from GamersGate. Verifying the game files now.

I'll do that now. Sorry about this.

No problem, I want to find out the problem now in case this happens to someone else.

This has happened apparently in older versions of Dom4 but there hasn't been anyone reporting this error for this one.

Also If you've sent in in I'll start the game again and hopefully we should be good to go.

What I'm thinking what happened is since I assigned you to team 8 when you were on no team, then switched you over to team 2, that for some reason llamaserver got in its head that there were TWO of the same game IDs.

Maybe. I have sent my new disciple in, here's hoping it works this time

Also I have learned something new from the LAAbortionGame

Blasphemy which kills dom and causes devils to attack priests when they are priesting is great damaging blood economy for Gath and Mictlan in certain situations.

Blood hunting for any nation which can blood sacrifice apparently counts as a religious activity, like preaching or blood sacrificing as well as using sites only priest can use.

So if you have mage only blood hunters they are never targeted, only priests, and possibly (yet to test) only ones with blood sacrifice.

However, it might backfire against these nations as well.
Lets say someone has a huge pile of blood slaves. They have several provinces with several blood hunters blood hunting.
They are amassing huge quantities of blood slaves every turn, so even though Blasphemy can fill up an entire screen with assassinations, it will take a while to make a noticeable dent.

Furthermore, if your opponent is more interested in blood sacrificing to stop dom drain, his priest blood sacrificing may never be attacked as they are protected by a screen of blood hunters.

Which means if you are using priest solely to preach your priests will be dying when its most important to combat blasphemy while expendable blood mages are the only thing your opponent loses.

This of course depends on what your opponent scales are and economy.
If they have growth or order, they can afford to replace their blood mages and deal with the loss of life with less efficient gathering.
Turmoil or sloth will probably fuck them as they are going to be trying to spend what little money they have to win and wont be able to replace easily.

did you get a confirmation email that it was accepted?

Yup

RETRY OF LASHITSHOW HAS STARTED

I have a possible sub for Y's in our other Disciples game, if whoever has the password for the host can get with me here is my steam profile.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076543436

sure, I have a steam account but never logged into steam, gimme a minute

I have an account send friend request. Can't send you a pm at the moment, can't be fucked learning how at the moment, very busy. Should get it sorted in the next day or so.

8WIZARDS HAS BEEN SUBBED

We now have two disciple games running, good luck everyone.

How can I play PBEM with other pirated copies? I already own the game, but I want to play with other friends without $35 DRM bullshit.

You need the most recent version, however no has uploaded it.

Is there a way to do it without llamaserver at all?

With blitz servers which is someone hosting of their own, but again you need the most recent version.

Well, you can do a blitz if you have the same (old) version of the game with different keys, i did a 2 player game with one original and cracked, but playing an old version is no fun and nobody ever updates the pirate one. Not sure how it works with multiple cracked games though.

also it's not really 35$, this very moment it's 60% off at steam and i think it has gone as low as 7$ in the past so maybe resellers or some other sites will still have it on the cheap

Well I know I'm a faggot for using steam however I nominated Dominions 4 for best use of a farm animal.

I know its the fucking meme lord awards, but I had to.

Also I'm thinking about buying two gift copies of Dom 4 and doing a give away sometime in the future if anyone is interested.

There's a way to do it via Dropbox or a file-sharing service of your choice, where one guy creates the game, and then everyone reuses the same folder for their game. Takes a bit of technical wizardry, but it works decently enough when you don't want the slower pace of a PBEM, but don't have the time to commit to a blitz.

Downside of needing to commit to an honour system for everyone to not just fuck up another player's turn, because you can technically play for everyone.

I played a blitz with the 4.26 version, but I did have to upload it myself. Crack can be found on gamecopyworld. You should be careful it you end up uploading your game at some point, since your cd key is saved in the dom4key file. You can just replace it by a bullshit one while respecting the format. Still no crack for 4.27 though.

TURNS FOR BOTH DISCIPLE GAMES HAVE BEEN SENT OUT
HOW ABOUT SOME ENTHUSIASM?

woooooooooo dominions
I'm honestly just happy my first turn went through this time, now I don't have an excuse for my mistakes

If one is a mac, i'll go for it

Dominions 4 does have a mac version, but pretty sure it's through Steam

Does that mean i'm hooped? I can't play with you anons?

Nope, all versions work with all versions. You can even pull your Dominions 4 key out of the steam version to use with a DRM free version (provided you can find some way to update it).

so if i can figure out a way to update it after making it drm free, i can play with you guys?

As long as the version # is the same you can play with us, I've played a couple of matches on linux without any issue

thanks man, hopefully i can play one day.

I don't know if it helps you at all, but the game is currently $7 on GamersGate. The listing seems to say it has a download for PC/Linux and maybe Mac but I'm not too familiar with GamersGate

I just got home from work. Long weekend though, so I can spend it all in front of my PC, making Dominions great again.

So i was that user who was asking about the game. I bought it. Is there any good advice to give to a first time player? I'm quick on my feet, but the magic system looks like you can get lost in

Pick a nation with a theme you like, then play it. You might be able to find guides online. Experiment and play around a little, then when you're comfortable, join multiplayer games and git rekt until you git gud.

I would suggest you focus on conjuration or evocation to start with. One path mainly summons new units, the other mainly blasts enemies with magic.

Dom4 Inspector is your god

Read the manual, really. It explains how a lot of the mechanics work. It also contains a tutorial you can follow for the basics of the game and stuff like keyboard shortcuts that are not described in the game itself but are very usefull. Also all the numbers like how are attacks resolved, why does weapon length matter, so you understand what the stats actually do and shit like turn resolution order if you feel like autisming over it.

For magic you kinda have to learn it, dom4 inspector is way better than browsing the spells ingame. You pick a nation, look what kinda of magic paths do your recruitables have look through the list and pick a couple spells they can cast and research it. For advanced users, plan both for spells that don't require a lot of research to help with midgame fights and endgame where you need to kill SC and annihilate large armies including opposing mages who will try to counter you.
Just don't go pick conflagration or something thinking it's relatively easy to cast and than realize it's level 8. Target something like fireball at level 3.
Also construction is always important, because boosters and tempgems are a thing, also equipment for thugs and super combatants, which is what we call two types of one man/jew/giant/etc armies.

Sweet. I just read the manual, i'll go look at some armies i want to run.

Hope you bought it on gamersgate and used the serial for steam
Its what i just did

LASuccesorsOfAShitShow turn 3 is now!

Army placement and orders are a big thing, even when you're not giving commanders, like mages any orders.

Having a wall of shields in front of your archers is basic stuff. Scripting your archers to fire on enemy archers is often better than leaving them unscripted and firing at the closest target, which could be infantry with shields.

Cavalry scripting is one of the easiest tricks that will allow you to dominate the AI in single player: Have a squad of infantry up front, cavalry behind and on a far flank in a separate squad , with orders to attack archers or attack rear. Enemy infantry, if it has not been given orders, will engage the closest target, which will be your infantry. Your cavalry is free to move past, to the rear lines, allowing them to take out unprotected archers, often any commanders in the army as well. This will cause a fast rout, the enemy infantry will flee, taking heavy losses from your infantry and will probably be caught by your cavalry as well.

Basic stuff. More complex orders for big armies might involve 'lures' to foil enemy orders, deliberately holding units back for a few turns to tire out enemy troops or to wait for squads to become exposed and of course, magic.

shitshow turn 4

DEATH TO TURN PROCRASTINATORS
Also for people on 8wizards your Y's replacement is fairly experienced, he has around 1700 hours and has played 10+ multiplayer games.

However he is not one of us, so be careful using dank memes.
Also avoid GAS THE JEWS RACE WAR NOW!

Dammit man, how do you get someone autistic enough to play dominions for 1700 hours but get offended by dank memes.
They are man-eating giants that sacrifice virgins to summon daemons, it couldn't have been more "racist" if they tried and the fact that it happens to be based on actual jewish mythology only makes it funnier.
okay, i guess i'll behave, i'm on the jews team in both games anyway bringing the new world order

I have nearly as much in off time hours just playing SP.
When you get into it, its fun to experiment with shit, right now I'm playing SP as a pretender god and his disciple against others.

Specifically Berytos and Hinnom, as they have similiar national spells and Berytos can summon Melqarts.
Their sacreds are lame tho imo.

Are vine men good chaf? or do they have a bigger purpose i'm not seeing.

Also i've been messing around with air and fire magic paths, is this a good combo for magic or should i stick with air and nature?

Vinemen are pretty good counters for things with glamour, and high defense.
But mainly they are just cheap chaff which cannot be banished, unlike undead.

Vine ogres seem to be better, but big which is not always a good thing and harder to summon, but you get more value off ivy lord which is a pretty cool thing if you stack it.

Should I make castles/forts constantly or rarely? I assume I should put them everywhere I can when I can (provided there's one space between each fort), but I'm not sure

Excellent question, should you spam forts? It depends.

First off type of forts.

You have the cheapest one which are palisades, then you have the most expensive which are citadels or castles.

The difference other then in price effects several things.

Each stage more advance fort takes more time as well, so early on you usually want to do your starting forts as the quicker of the options.

However palisades and their underwater variety kelp fortresses are shit, unless you are making them to solely recruit don't expect them to defend much as palisades are 50 defense, and kelp is the same or 25.
Meaning they are incredibly easy to crack in one turn.

You want to place forts in provinces that have the most connections to other provinces, and have the best terrain options.
Avoid marshes, and wastes as they will give you very little resources.

Making forts everywhere is usually a waste of time and money and leaves you vulnerable to grief is someone notices your commander sitting there for several turns.

Good fort placement again is key its the difference in a fort getting you only 100+ resources, vs a fort with 500+.
If you have production scales, this becomes even more important as you want to play to your strengths.
For example in my LAteTermAbortion game I have a fort with 700-1000 resources depending on my dom and time of year.

How?
Did you build that fort on the fucking steel ovens?

That's nothing, my dominion is lower because Blasphemy has been cast.
During the summer with full dom its around 850 resources.

Its in a province with 3 mountain, 1 forest, and hills right next to it, one or two have ore deposits as well, and I have built a castle with towers for max admin.

Its probably the reason I beat Ten Chinks when he attacked me and why I was able to win the game overall.

Shitshow turn 5, one day I will remember to message my teammate edition

fine, I've played with shitlibs and goons before, so I know how to hide my power level.

I extended the turn, btw. think you burgers have a turkey festival this weekend.

trivia time: Some independents in special provinces have unique items that you can't forge. I got these from a province that had paladins and flagellants in it. good thug gear. the sword is like a fire brand but sends the wielder berserk and deals extra damage to undead.

Yeah there are unique weapons and items you can get from Bogus's and Hero friends.

it depends on the nation. some nations, like Sauromatia, want to spam palisades for recruiting cheap mages like soothsayers. other nations need to be picky, either for production or income reasons.

Test everything you read from the manual. It is wrong on a lot of accounts.

Yeah, I had this thing in another game.

LASuccesorsOfAShitShow Turn
We will crush you with our armoured daemon fists.

Late Age independents are a pain in the ass. Be mindful of your disciples when they wake up. Crossbows are killers.

Ok just had a shot at this game, played around half an hour
Heres my experience
Is this fucking Dragons Dogma faggots?
Why the fuck are there roaming wolf packs waiting for my Pretender to become alone and weakened?
God damn now I'm taking a break

Looks like you're between a knot and a hard place

FUCK YOU CARLOS

Priests can call your pretender back up, the more you use the faster it goes. Generally you should never let your pretender travel alone though, any afflictions/wounds you get lower stats and require some work to remove. Your pretender will still have all the afflictions/wounds it had when it died when you bring it back.

Time to start a new game then

If you made your pretender to be more of a caster, the afflictions might not be too hindering, depending what they are. I'd say keep going, better to learn as much as you can before starting over

Also would you have any advice on fixing such wounds?
Does regeneration heal wounds or is it just 10% of hit points
The guide also doesnt elaborate on what death weapons are, But i know they're a battlefield spell

If I understand correctly, the only way to remove wounds from an undead creature is Gift of Health, which is a Enchantment 7 spell requiring 50 nature gems and level six in nature. Regeneration is just hit points in combat, but immortal or recuperation cures wounds over time (if your pretender has that). Death Weapons have some armor bypass, cause disease in the target, and can hit ethereal creatures. I'm also still pretty new to the game myself, so I could be mistaken about some things though. Don't forget you can still take thrones and buff your army with your disciple while your pretender is dead

Okay thanks
I heard blood magic could fix wounds as well from a different thread

No problem. I'm not sure if Blood Feast will work on your dragon if it really is undead though. I forget what counts as inanimate in Dominions, and Blood Feast doesn't work on inanimate beings

Carrion Dragon is Undead if i remember

carrion dragon has recuperation, most of the greek furries and their offshoots do. they lose battle wounds over time. they can even get better from being decapitated, at least the undead ones can. immortals lose wounds over time too.

otherwise you need blood magic, the gift of health spell or an artifact to get better.

I chose a 1v1 with random map, random factions and ended up as the Tai Chi or whatever (have nobles on chariots and a tonn of unit types). Currently struggling over control of the center, building forts and researching.
My question is, am I gonna get blindsided and fucked by some game mechanic I haven't read in the wiki? The tooltips seem really nice and I think I'm doing well right now, at least.
Can I get a few hints/tips?

look into thugs, like this guy, only cheaper.

As in, the dudes you hire? Do they have an upkeep cost?

also
welp

Why does he have three hand slots?

What wounds did Carridrake have when he got eaten by dogs?
If it was just a never-healing wound and a lost eye then he really died like a bitch, but if the guy was a crippled mute with a chest wound then the fucker could have died to a couple soulless or a single skelespammer.

Cause ettins have three arms

I've been playing as Tir na n'Og (EA), i understand how to use there chaff (fir bog), so i just spam the shit out of them. I do a little research but thats all i use my mages for.

Would it be smart if i just focus two games on just making mages and seeing how far i can get and another game learning how to make thugs?

What do you guys think?

Patala Waiting for 2h file

That's not a bad idea but do you mean playing multi or single?

Single for now, i'm still pretty shit.

The reason I ask is because thugs can be hard countered by quite a few spells.
Doesn't matter how great you kit a wraith lord if someone casts dust to dust

Marignon Waiting for 2h file
Midgard Waiting for 2h file
Pangaea Waiting for 2h file
Gath Waiting for 2h file
Abysia Waiting for 2h file
Bogarus Waiting for 2h file
Ulm Waiting for 2h file

You can still get rid of afflictions with healer units like nuns and the fairy queen

RLYEH WENT AI IN 8WIZARDS
Why the fuck would you do that after we found a sub for Y's?
Holy fuck.

Thugs are commanders you can hire or summon. You give them gear or have them cast spells to make them difficult to stop in combat. This guy came from a Blood spell, Cross Breeding. Another spell turned him into a commander.

Almost a one-man army, more of a one-man squad really. Use them solo, in teams, or alongside a regular army for support.

The Ettin in the picture regenerates wounds, won't get tired in combat and can take on a large squad of normal infantry by himself. He's not unstoppable, a wizard can easily take him out or cripple him with a few spells, such as Paralyze or hitting him with a few Lightning Bolts or other high damage spells. Special units could probably take him out as well, depending on their abilities and a squad of elite soldiers could carve him to pieces before he could heal all the damage.

The Ettin is not supposed to fight by himself though. He's designed to fight alongside a regular army and get some magical support. He can probably take on an undefended province by himself, but is much more effective with a mage or two backing him up.

ahh, shit. was it before or after his attack on my fort failed? I know his expansion got halted by some tough indies.

Making snakes is love. Making snakes is life

I can't wait to play multiplayer and just make snakes. Shit will be fun

How about werewolf thugs? Could you see them as something viable?

Stealthy thugs maybe, regen is really only really useful for high health units.
One of the reasons Yomi, Hinnom, and Niefel have such good thugs is because they have units with 50+ health meaning they get +5 health a tick.

On top of that if they get into the hall of fame, they have a chance to get heroic toughness which gives extra health points.

For example in one of my SP games I'm trying innovative Hinnom strat where I use only thugs with 3 turmoil 3 sloth and 3 heat scales to afford double bless with magic for quick research into magical equip.

That makes a lot of sense, i'm going to try it out anyway cause i want to try to sort of get the feel of making a thug, or set up a system that can help pump out thugs.

Go for it, don't let meta fags ever tell you how to play, as you will most likely stumble upon a truly innovative strat which works.

Werewolves, are useful for tacticool attacks, you will find in many multi games human players will forget or neglect defense in province, making a werewolf and possible werewolf friends able to take key provinces cutting off income.

Stealthy armies seem to be less useful in SP because the comp use units to patrol and high PD due to increased resources, but in Multi games you will find them incredibly useful for disrupting enemy plans.

sure, they are tougher than a human, regenerate, and are sneaky. when they are not attacking they can summon wolves to reinforce a province. probably not the greatest for a direct assault on an enemy army, but I can see them as decent raiders.

A fun thing I did with a werewolf once was give him a black heart and some spare magic gear and send him after troop trains and wizards.
Even with a chest wound a regenerating, reasonably speedy assassin can be a nightmare.

Well you cunts talked me into buying this.

They did for me too, time to get good i guess

Sounds like a setup for a new 8scrubs.
I'd make one and post here, but I have to get on a plane in about an hour or so, not enough time to gauge reactions and actually tweak all the options

There is this game that is still waiting on players

I might join that game. But i need to download the mods.

Also, call of the wild is so fucken memey is great.

NEW SHITSHOW TURN

Thanks for the reminder.

Cmon Marignon little buddy you can do it!

Well I've taken it for a spin and it seems fairly straightforward so far. Cocking things up ofc but I like the idea that you can lose a battle without your entire army being wiped, or that you can have scouts actually fucking sneaking around instead of having to fight the first thing you run into.

Thats good shit man. So far, i found out i really want to forge weapons and shit and buzz out my guys. Have you tried an underwater army yet?

Just wait until you really get to know the game.
A not so common tactic is to get a mage, give some gems, have them attack an army by themself, cast Rain Of Stone then retreat the next turn.
Arco did this to me and cost me 300-400 undead.

When you do into water nations try MA Rlyeh or LA or EA atlantis.
They are BOTH drawn from Lovecraft lore and are fairly powerful and simple to play compared to other water nations.

NEW SHITSHOW TURN

COE UPDATE FOR FAGS WHO PLAY IT WHOLE NEW FACTION AND NEW INDEPENDENTS

Fairly quiet lately. How are you guys doing? Damn, LA gotemen are hard to use.

dominions 4 torrent where?

So the Dryad Queen in COE apparently wants to expel foreigners and make the forests great again.

Are you people busy, or are you just that kind of faggot that always spends an eternity doing their turn?

New best faction when?

I do like that the descriptions for the Dryad Queen's units are written from the point of view by an insular Centaur scribe. Also a big fan of the Satyr sprite in CoE flipping you off while jerking off.

Monkeys are worse tbh

I was a little busy today, got it out of the way now.

Holy Fuck you're right.
Wew, wonder if that's going to stay in.

Possibly, if it wasn't such a niche genre it might attract some negative attention, But considering that the people playing it are unlikely to complain all we really have to worry about are SJWs who dont even play the game

I doubt anyone cares really, I think it's pretty cheeky. Loving these unit descriptions, the centaur guy is pretty much talking about "the hooved man's burden" and asserting that Minotaurs are aggressive dumbasses that keep trying to fuck horse pussy. Relegating bullniggers to the wastebasket of history is probably a good thing for society tbh.

That son of a horsefucker also thinks that deer are the most vicious predator in the forest, I wouldn't trust him any further than I could throw him.

The writer reminds me of the scribe discussing the cultists.
Dismissive until it encounters the crazy shit.

The Centaur really doesn't know why the Satyrs are arming themselves he justs make conjecture.
Are there pans? I have had a chance to play them doing my turns.

Also COE blitz when?

I'm pretty sure that was written by a human dude, deer fuck up humans pretty regularly in elysium.

They mention Pans in the description of the Queens but I haven't seen a way to get them

I found the Pan!
Had to cast "Call of Gaia" for 400 Herbs a cast maybe 15 times before I got one.

WHERE THE HUMIE WOMEN AT?

I got home from work maybe an hour ago. Had a shower, a beer, getting dinner ready. New turn is in.

Bogarus is doing ok. Just realized research is set to difficult. Research is still better than Pythium in another game, despite twice as many turns passing.

Pythium is fighting 2 nations and blocking a third in another game. Early fast expansion has a momentum to it, I've noticed. Bit of a glass cannon though. One wrong move and I'll break.

Playing Pangaea in another game. Throwing skanky white women and miscegenated foulspawn at niggers, demanding child support. Lots of wolves too, because, you know, dogs hate niggers. Building an army of demon knights for when the niggers figure out how to deal with constant waves of freespawn. Speaking of which, more chaff incoming, Machaka. Lots more.

A similar plan is coming together in another game, but substitute demon knights for storm demons.

In another game I just won a battle against a superior force by hitting the turn limit, which killed everyone and left me the winner by default, because I was defending. My army was routing, but couldn't flee because enemy units were blocking them, but all the enemy units had fallen unconscious, so they slowly started getting killed until the turn limit hit and wiped everything out. I guess I technically won, but it doesn't feel like a victory.

You have your work cut out for you, good thing you got growth 3 to prevent old age.
Their strengths are their insane research and communion strength.

Troops are absolute shit though other then the cav.

I found the demon lord who's mind I enslaved, turns out he turns into a normal troop and loses his magic when he got enslaved.

If you cast Gift of Reason or Divine Name on the demon lord, he should turn back into a commander with all his base magic paths.

Infernal Promotion is easier.
I don't really mind at this point. Ulm is going to kill himself from Dom loss from his own global enchantment.
Hopefully we get to duke it out between Demon Lords and his Tartarans.

REMINDER
We have a EA game still waiting on players, despite interest none of you queers have joined yet.

Deer are only dangerous if you're a bitch who can't fight or cast a useful spell like blood boil or befriend animal.

Nigga I was probably the first to get a pretender to that game.

Trying to figure out how to download mods, i'll join when i figure it out.

extract the files in the rars to users>[your username]>appdata>roaming>dominions4>mods
I think Summod is the only one you need to have during pretender creation though, the rest are all for after the fact.

Does this work for mac? I assume yes

You can go into dom 4 options and click open data files and it will take to where you need to place mods.

NEW 8WIZARD TURN

Another retarded question, i want to join that 8scrubs game. who do i send my pretender too?

Did the PBEM guide not tell you how to llamaserver?
If it didn't, try the llamaserver FAQ or my email field, if you're that retarded

They have the best 8 gold militia in the game, in 2 different flavors. The big issue is that their elite troops are overpriced for what you get. Their heavy cav is one of the best non-sacred cav you can recruit though, their light cav comes with a composite bow and is decent in melee too.

National summons and Blood magic. Most of their toolkit comes from summons. The only summon that isn't really useful is the Likho, a stealthy hag that generates bonus misfortune events. She costs death gems and you're better off spending them on pretty much anything else. You need to spend way too many gems to get 'guaranteed' negative events, especially as you can replicate misfortune events with ritual magic. It can be fun in single player to summon a dozen and watch them leave a trail of barbarian and knight attacks in their wake, but you can summon a Black Servant and give it a Bane Venom Charm instead, if you want your scouts fucking people over.

The bukavac is kind of worthless too. Good at sniping lightly defended provinces, but it can't even beat indies.

Leshiy are overpriced if you're using them as thugs. Don't use them as thugs. If you're ever in a position to use Leshiy, use them as generals, as they can Fairy Trod from forest to forest with an army they can buff with Nature, Earth and Air magic.

Yeah except militia is still shit, and their footman are expensive but rout easily.
Blood magic is fine, but a large amount of summons don't have mages able to caste it naturally and quite a few suck ass.
Specifically the one water summon, lady midday and one of the bird women.

Guess who got Baba Yaga on turn 2? Thank you Luck scales. She even got +1n from a Dryad while she was out site searching.

Militia have a purpose. Chaff screen for mages. One has a shield and a javelin which makes them better than most militia, the other has a shortbow, which is shit in Late Age until you get research down. Morale issues are countered by using national commanders other than a Voivode. Your cav commanders are wasted leading slow troops around, but they're not going to be leading 80-120 cav around either. The Five-Fold Angel on the other hand…expensive, but versatile leaders, blood mages as well.

Well we'll see how that turns out for you.

They get 4 water summons. A big fish-monster, which is only good at attacking light defense, a fish-man mage with water 3, that you can summon with water 2, an undead seducer with w1d1 and a national version of the Naiad, who doesn't get homesick. Normally you would need your pretender to summon these guys, but I got lucky and can use my heroes instead.

This is a learning game, remember. Someone is bound to learn a valuable lesson.

When do attacks start, year 2 or end of year 2? Better make sure everyone has the exact turn number, so there are no hard feelings and no one is caught off guard.

Lets do end of year two as the positioning for some nations on both sides is a little screwy.

Would be a little shit if some people were left out of most the action and only showed up in the field well into things.

Are we still bumping or is new bread necessary, the limit was changed a couple of times and i never remember what it it right now

No the thread is sinking, we need a new one, I'll do it even no one else wants to.