So, what was your GOTY/GOTY nominees?

Current Year+1 is coming to close, and surprisingly enough on a high note with Trump getting elected and the TPP getting shot down. However, how did vidya fair this year? There are a few more games coming out (FFXV and TLG, namely) but it feels safe to say that all of this year's potential GOTY worthy games are out, and have been for a while.

What games made or are making your personal list this year?

For me, it has to be Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p1Chj-Nxppk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz9-bV2cLKY
youtube.com/watch?v=KRWRPQr4fx8
youtube.com/watch?v=IcbKh4AzScE
youtube.com/watch?v=vzPpAYBy4AY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are there any good walkthroughs for it or is it easy to follow without speaking nip?

I don't know about any guides, but I'd recommend art least an intermediate knowledge in moonrunes.

Thread is dead, so here's another game I liked this year.

I guess my vote would go to Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo.

I was going to Todd-Post about Skyrim GOTY edition being 2016 GOTY, but then I thought better of it, so here's a pile of dog shit that somebody stepped in.

I love it. It came out after the GOTY awards last year

Despite all your hating Witcher 3 and Dork Souls 3 are really good games and my personal goatees.

January counts right?

Is it cheating if two games were my goat?
Momodora 4
Seraph

Grim Dawn maybe, but there's also that Space Hulk: Deathwing game coming out Dec 9 so that might end up being the GOTY for me.

DooM

You mean Halo: Le Doomguy Memes Edition?

I didnt mean the old meme game where you dont even aim if you don mod it. I mean the newer game that attempted to ressuret fast pace FPS games but was shitted on by casuals afraid that if actually good games were to be made gain they would be esposed as posers.

monster hunter X and r6:siege are my most played games this year. so i'm inclined to give it to those games even though they didn't even come out in 2016. yakuza 5 was also late 2015 and i love the fucking game but it was technically out in gookland well before that

2016 was fucking weak, the only games i went out of my way to get during this year were probably dark souls 3 and KOF14 and my local faggot friends won't play KOF with me

So you mean the game with le badass Doomguy from that funny Internet meme my friends linked me to on Facebook? I like the part where le Doomguy breaks a screen to stop people from talking coz thats soooo old-school and memetastic; you get locked into several long cutscenes with a gay robot talking anyway but it's super clever because they pointed it out first.

I also like how le Doomguy can do le fatalities, that's so vintage just like all my friends from San Francisco told me.

This game is soooo hardcore just like old school shooters like Halo and Halo 2. Sometimes there can be over TEN enemies onscreen and they take so many shots to kill OMG super hardcore. It's so hardcore it locks you into rooms and starts spawning enemies all around you in waves and you can't get out of the room until you kill them all, and this happens for almost all the fights.

warrior poet zhao ming once said "i can drag my dick through some broken glass and call it ironic, but it still sucks dude"

Great meme user, it's funny and clever because the ancient Chinese wiseman is using modern English slang words. Truly, you are the kind of witty person nuDOOM was meant for.

i'm not even in your debate about nudoom, i'm just pointing out you look like you're trying pretty hard to fit in

get a load of this counter-culture guy who doesn't like nudoom on Holla Forums, what a wild guy

It was a good year for me picking up Falcom games. I bought Coldsteel 1 last year but only got around to doing an addicting binge on it and finishing it right before 2 came out so I could do a binge on that. Then I just recently finished Xanadu Next. Loved all three, but my real game of the year is the Dragon's Dogma rerelease. Played every class and they all gave me that proper feel of power for each one.

This board is fucking trash

Just wanted to drop in and tell you that you're a massive faggot and you should lurk more.

Get a load if this faggot.

He's learning, just look at that

there are tons of problems with nudoom, i never said if i like or dislike the game, you're just a blowhard

what are you trying to prove? you think you're gonna magically make that one user like nudoom less with these arguments?

But I thought I was just trying to fit in, wouldn't that imply that I was lurking and copied my opinions from Holla Forums?

Witcher 3 came in early 2015 man

Blood and Wine and my non-toaster PC came out in 2016, surely that counts.

DOOM was pretty great, but I wouldnt play through it again at least not in a long time, so I wouldnt recommend paying for it.

Other than that it has been a really shitty year for games honestly, so I've just played older games.

Rabi ribi is a lot of fun. I wish it had more weapons though.

wew, this year was pretty good outside of vidya so it must be why vidya suffered extra much this year. Gotta keep the balance of the cosmos intact and all that.

Rabi Ribi, nuDood, and MHGen are my favorites this year. Other than those, I mostly played old '90s games I never got around to.

Didn't play any other new releases this year. 2017 looks pretty promising in terms of games that were delayed.

Wait scratch that yakuza 5 was dec 2015. 2016 was just terrible. Are the fags on halfchan responsible formthe Holla Forumsga aka reddit awards, even going to bother anymore?

It doesn't

Vidya was pretty decent this year especially considering last year.

Kill yourselves

Unreal 4

I had more fun dicking around an engine than I had playing anything this year

But last year had EDF4.1, Yakuza 5, Witcher 3, Underrail, Age of Decadence and PS4sOneGame among others. 2016 had what besides the games in (minus edf4.1) and Persona 5 and YsVIII for nips?
2017 is shaping up to be better than both though.

There was a few japanese games released on PC I liked but I don't think they count.

I'm not proud of this decision.
I want this to not be my #1 choice, but it is.
I got the most enjoyment this year out of this little rink-a-dink ubisoft published sequel to a game nobody played.
Nobody will talk about this game.
Nobody will remember it.
My 2nd choice is Superhot.
Some people will talk about it, but it too isn't getting nominated.
My #3 is MHX
Don't think I need to explain why this will not even be mentioned.
#4 is Stardew Valley.
Great harvest moon clone made by one guy up in Seattle.
Worth every penny.
is another
For #5 I don't really have one.
Closest thing is probably that latest Beta for that Adventure Time game that plays like Kingdom Hearts.

People are going to chose Unsharted 4.
Unsharted 4 will win GOTY because casual pleasing cinematic experience.
The real question is what the 4 other nominees will be?
Overwatch will be there for sure.
Dark Souls 3 sounds like a safe bet.
Doom will make their cut I imagine.
Shot in the dark but I think Hitman could be their last pick.

I'd like to think they'd pick The Last Guardian but I wouldn't count on it.
Not sure Dishonored will really impress anyone.

Oh my fucking god do you just not care about proper sentence structure.

For some reason Stardew irritated me so much I'm making my own farming game. I also happen to be one guy in Seattle

It's been a lousy year overall.

My top three is Furi, DaS3 and Va-11 Halla or however it's spelled, in no particular order.

Probably the only game I even played that came out this year.
Would probably be DS3 if I was able to play it on my shitrig.

Trails of Cold Steel for sure. Currently playing through the sequel which recently came out.
Though technically it came out three years ago in Japan…
Though that is by far the clear winner. Stellar story, excellent characters, a wonderful world and a fun battle system. I'm enjoying the sequel, which is expanding on the first game in all the right ways.
Blazblue Central Fiction is also pretty good. My favourite fighter this year, though this has been a great year, with KOFXIV and Guilty Gear Xrd being stellar. Let's just not talk about Street Fighter V.
Dark Souls 3 was also pretty fun. Yet to buy the DLC though. Not keen on paying for such little content, especially after Bloodborne: The Old Hunters was superb.

As for next year, I'm cautiously looking forward to the following
>Ys VIII Please Xseed, give us a confirmation already
>Yakuza 6 Please Sega
>Valkyria Azure Revolution Very apprehensive about this one though.
>Final Fantasy VII remake If Square doesn't fuck it up somehow

If it makes you feel any better, CyberConnect2 is working on the FFVII remake.

The only current year game I played was xcom 2, and I got that from someone else. I wish to play etrian odyssey v, but it's only in Japan. which etrian odyssey game should I start with? I only played the mystery dungeon so I can't judge it well from that. I had more fun from the election than I did this year's video games. It doesn't bother me because I'm more focusing on older games now.

wew, I've not played a single game mentioned in this thread yet. I've been playing on my PS2 and Gamecube all year long. I will certainly give RS:S and Rain Ribi a try as soon as I can.

Pokken is not only my GOTY but the best game i've played to come out in the past 4 years period

And finally, it has the best soundtrack of the year as well

youtube.com/watch?v=p1Chj-Nxppk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz9-bV2cLKY
youtube.com/watch?v=KRWRPQr4fx8
youtube.com/watch?v=IcbKh4AzScE
youtube.com/watch?v=vzPpAYBy4AY

Between Pokken and KoF14 and SFV completely shitting itself it's been a good year for fightan.

Grim Dawn
Monster Hunter Generations
Rabi-Ribi

Dark Souls 3 may not have blown my fucking mind but it was a really solid play so I guess that's mine, I think there were just strictly fewer games released this year than last year that I was interested in though.

You unfortunately just missed a free weekend in RS:S, we even had a bunch of people from here playing together.

The King of Fighters XIV easily, it was better than a expected and SNK was quick to address issues/listen to the community. On top of that no DLC fuckery outside of 2 dollar costumes. It really is getting my hopes up that SNK will be great again and I'll probably double dip when the PC version comes out.

Other honorable mentions;

i dont think it deserves GOTY.
Fighting Game of the Year, probably
here are the fighting games released this year

My favorite game this year was Rimworld but it won't be finished this year so it doesn't count. Makes you wonder why I'm even in this thread.

Dark Souls 3 was okay, and that's more than can be said about most games released this year.

Do people play it together in here often?

Also, I've played Pokken this year, so I guess that's my GOTY thus far.

Kirby is the only good game I've played this year

Not including demos, anyway.

I don't know which one to pick

Total meltdown is right.