Be safe, friend

Be safe, friend.
Don't you dare go hollow.

I AM THE GREAT ORNHOLIO I NEED HUMANITY FOR MY THUNDERPOLE

DS1/best DS thread?

QUICK!
What are some other vidya with a great sense of completing a journey/ adventure by the end of it?

DaS1 is great.
DaS3 is good.

pick a dragon quest game, any of them will do

Why was playing a Giantdad build so much fun?

Baby'a first gouge build

My twink dickwraith kicks the shit out of almost every giantdad I fought but most people are terrible.

go to bed Chester

Dragon Quest 3 in particular is great about this.

That fucker once got stuck in an unending buttstomp loop for me. It made it a pain in the ass to kill him.

you have an odd fixation with furries/fursonas. Something you need to tell us user?

After beating Dark Souls 1 and 3, I realized I'd never played 2 and tried it out yesterday. Why does it feel so weird?

"Be safe, champion of ash!"
I liked Yoel. I thought he was so nice, so sincere and glad you took him up to your services.

Then you realize he is turning you Hollow and he is not nearly as upfront as he seems.

Depends. Gameplay?

It's so weird. It's got the smooth 6-fps that 3 has, with kind of the same clunky movement as 1, only it feels worse. It feels like a fanmade game more than anything.

There are a few issues with i-frames on rolling. I don't recall what was the ideal number but you need to spend some points into agility to increase the number of i-frames on your roll. Standard is only like 5 frames and you can go all the way up to 16 frames of invincibility.

That's another thing too, rolling feels like it comes out late as fuck compared to 1 and 3.

Wasn't he just being envy of you, since you knew better fire faggotry than him?

I don't see how this is bad to be honest.

what the fuck

(heil'd)
You didn't know?

How did you not immediately know he was evil? He was a nice character who gave you free points at allegedly no cost.

I don't have DS3, only 1 and SotFS

Chester is reddit incarnate.

Afro is a nigger, both inside and out.

Damn son, you're missing out.

Afro is bae.

I know, I'm waiting for the full release with all the DLC so a friend and I can do a bit of bro-op

That moment when you find him dead hit me like a brick.

The funniest thing about Afro is that he's hugely into giantess fetishism and vore

Choose one.

Yeah, I hate to think how he died all cold and alone. You were probably the only friend he had left at the end, just waiting for you to come back and see him. In the end he died waiting for you to come back.

But if you think about it, Souls 3 is just another cycle of the flame dying out taking place after Souls 1, seeing as the flame is darker during the final battle than in Souls 1. So that being said, it's safe to say that [spoiler]he died before even making a friend to begin with.[/spoiler.]

And now I can't spoiler to save my life.

That's just as bad. I don't think the point of having a waifu is becoming her, then again I'm not an ebin Dark Souls meme faggot so I don't really know anything.

Lies. Don't try to hide from the pain. Accept it for what it is. He deserves that much from you.

I think it's more that he's slowly transitioning into either a trap, or trans.
Afro is becoming a real girl.

wow onlyafro is pretty cute

Well like said, he could actually make a decently cute girl.

He's better off being an emaciated homosexual.

buncha slack jawed faggots ITT

Future dev here. Is it better to use cutscenes to introduce characters or is it better do it like dark souls were only some bosses are introduced with cutscenes and everything else is "find and walk over to npc and the rest of the story can be implied from the dialogue and environment."

What the fuck do you think, nigger?

You're not wrong. He'd make a pretty good trap.

But eunuchs aren't cute like girls in skirts.

I noticed the huge jump in hollowing but never knew where I got it from, what the fuck does it do anyway? I went to that statue and paid a small amount of souls to reset it when it got to 27

I dunno, that's why I ask.

depends on the tone. In darksouls it would be very out of place if lautrec got a cutscene saying "hey faggot come rescue me", but in something like MGS or borderlands, you want the characters to have bombastic intros so a cutscene with music would make sense.

Go away chester, you can't even invade your way out of a paper bag.

It's required for the questline that gives you the fourth ending to the game.

It fucks up your appearance and also is essential for the dark ending(s?)

Why would you remind me of this?
user, so cruel.

The most important thing is making memorable bosses. Whether you have a cutscene like Ornstein and Smaugh, or just straight to battle like Gwynn, you want the boss themself to be a memorable enemy. Imo, the music that goes along with the boss is far more important than any type of cutscene. Need to sell the whole experience of the battle, over one short moment before the fight.

Think where are you posting.
In what specific thread.

He deserves to be remembered. Never forget your only friend left in the dying world.

Oh cool, was scared it might fuck me up like getting cursed or something after I reach a certain level. Thanks

;_;7

Come on now.

Come on now.

It increases every time you die. When it gets higher it gradually turns you undead. When you remove the brand itself, the stuck up bitch tries to murder you.You can also use curse stones or purging stones to purify yourself of your accrued hollow points. Also, for every level you get, to eventually remove the brand is how many sould level equivalents you need to pay to shrine keeper to remove it. When you're higher level, it can be…a lot.

You're ruining the game for me!

Helmets on the floor, m8.

And not on the head, which is where is should be at all times.

Ah i see, it's so you can hide the tears

First I found the mushroom people dead, and I got sad because they failed to protect their children, even when they hit like a truck.

Then I found Anor Londo in ruins, which was understandable because of the amount of time that passed.

Then I found the blacksmith and I was legit mad.

Wait so it's not a new cycle that's different from Souls 1?

There are three possibilities.

1. Same timeline, further in the future.
2. Different timeline, or it splits depending on the ending of the first game.
3. Two different timelines merged.

The blacksmith being dead is all of them.

DS3 only has three endings, not sure where people are getting 4 from.

wait where? In 3?

I always figured it was further in the future, but another cycle of a timeline since we rekindled the flames before.

Wait, are the farting mushroom enemies in DS3 descendents of the beautiful mushroom race of Oolacile?
Don't do this to me
don't

I think the cycles are more Age of Fire -> Age of Dark -> Age of Fire. Gwyndolin being alive until Aldrich started eating him, I would expect at least parts of Anor Londo being kept up until Sullyvan walking in and calling himself leader of everything.

There's 3 with an alternate version. You link the fire and things are extended for a short time, you give the Fire Keeper eyes and kill the fire, you usurp the flame. The alternate is you give the Fire Keeper eyes, and steal the fire for yourself.

NOOOOOOO
I never even found that place.

It hurts too when you realize that Aldritch human part is actually whats left of gwyndolin, who he's forcing you to fight, while he eats gwyndolin alive.

Shame too, they never wanted trouble. They just wanted to be safe with their families.

So the age of dark is finally canon?

Since this is the last Souls game, I'd be willing to go with that.

Is it worth getting the DS3 DLC? Or should I wait for sales

Sometimes I think he tried to copy the lifehunt because he couldn't really eat a god. He attempted to copy it to do so.

Because it used to be gud

That being said, it was funny as shit the first time one of them punched me and instakilled me.

Always reminds me of One Punch Man. Those dudes are something else when you start shit.

Nigga, wash your filthy claws.

Already gone hollow huh?

Then how do I scratch myself effectively?

He didn't say cut them, he said clean them.

They tell us how we should accept the fading of eras.
But I got so mad at Aldrich and Sulyvahn for that. There aren't any bosses in all of DS who I feel as good about fucking destroying.

Oh. Well, theyre clean. Ish.

Honestly fuck Aldrich. Gwendolyn did nothing wrong.

That fucking voice changer gets me every fucking time.

Goddammit I hope you're not the user with the long nails from the "Harmony day".

Not good enough. Try harder.

But it's right underneath the nails! If I wash my hands anymore theyre going to get chapped and wrinkly!

When you really get into it, Dark Souls fucking hurts lads.

I wish DS3s poise wasn't useless. Fat guy builds were fun as fuck, whereas when in DS3 armour just limits you, either in level or in mobility

Gee, it's almost as if the entire Dark Souls universe was dead from the start. Who would have thought?

Nigga, clean your nails using your nails. It's not difficult.

This or pic related.

It wasn't though. It's stagnant, which is similar, effectively Gwyn fucked everyone over with what he did and this off-screen Goddess has been trying to cool down his flames so she can turn the cycle of nature so we can get to something akin to a "modern world" setting or whatever.

Basically the raw components of cause and effect are ceased due to the cycle Gwyn set in place, an no one's getting anything fresh and new as a result, so all they can do is refresh, wait till things crumble and start over.

The only thing that was Truly dead in DS was Nito, and he was an enigma of sorts, his primary skeleton is literally a Castlevania Rondo of Blood barrel Skeleton.

What is it with Japanese ARPGs and taking the whole "No matter what you fucking do shit will be depressing because fuck you for wanting a happy ending"

I'll do it tomorrow. I'm too beat today.

It's neither dead nor stagnant. What everyone overlooks when seeing the world of Dark Souls is how in the games, we always only ever see the world in its weakest times. We never see how great Astora and Vinheim are doing, or how happy people were in Catarina or Anor Londo. We see things at the point where the world is about to end, at their lowest, far from the highs.

It's hard to remember the good things when in those times.

Well DUH

When he went hollow, I felt pretty fuckin sad
He was a good friend, him and Solaire

I want to do lots of cosplay builds. I tried a Black Iron Tarkus run after my first successful playthrough but got crushed by 4K.