Vita Thread

Suguha a best, Leafa a good edition.

Kirito still a shit.

WHATCHA:

And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Previous OP MIA, last thread pruned after user declares war on consoles.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/11145068.html
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/10th-anniversary-sale-week-2/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSSTORE10SALELP
a.uguu.se/zB65GdUlZxLv.jpg
8ch.net/zoo/res/19206.html
github.com/henkaku/henkaku
github.com/yifanlu/taiHEN
beta.henkaku.xyz/
play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-2000-white/13/708qs5
videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24325
techraptor.net/content/steinsgate-0-review
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/black-friday-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-BLKFRIDAYSALELP
twitter.com/limitedrundoug/status/801170065970384897
play-asia.com/remote-play-assist-attachment-for-playstation-vita-slim/13/70a3hf
store.playstation.com/#!/es-es/black-friday/cid=STORE-MSF75508-BFMWD2016/1
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP
videogamesplus.ca/specials.php
play-asia.com/atelier-shallie-plus-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sea/13/70aolx
nin-nin-game.com/en/473-video-games
gamesnosh.com/the-curious-case-of-the-missing-ceo-ryoei-mikage-and-his-game-company/
aquaplus
www49.atwiki.jp/dungeon-travelers2/pages/456.html#id_16fcf60a
mega.nz/#!61QkDYJQ!ntP5P7SduE98oI2ln1qf08CFsb4pNq1tK3rQBTQNQeI
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=neon chrome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Uh I missed the file

So I left on my vita all night and it fucked up the Katamari Damacy save but everything else is fine. Shurg.

You don't lose saves with that bug, just restart the vita and they will be still there

Gotta think outside the box, and do some really dirty digging online to get a Vita now. I'm down to ONE source left to purchase a spare Vita, and it's used. Like most anons say, scan Kijiji every day, maybe you'll get lucky. Godspeed.

Your chances of it being scratched/updated are like 99%

Well aware buddy. Got my first one from that same source, only scratches are on the back. There's that possibility sure, but I trust my source to not screw me over too bad. Also I don't really give a shit about it being updated, I got a ton of physical games to play and very few I'm interested in outside of that.

your OLED vita will die in a few years unfortunately.

How's that?

Haven't read extensively on it, but people who have been using their Vita on a regular, near-daily basis have indicated some color loss. I think the blues were the first to start going? Even though the low quality OLED Sony chose for the Vita is better than any LCD we've ever seen in a handheld console, it comes at a price. But that's fine. Each version has its own share of issues. Apparently the LCD version has a plague of broken analog sticks sweeping across them. Each one can have loose triggers. The worst part about all of this is it is hearsay and anecdotal, you have to be looking for people talking about the issues they're having, and if you pay attention to just that you'll start to think all 64GB cards will fail within a year. It is for this reason I bought a 32 as my biggest card, so if it does fail I can hopefully get Sony to do something about it, which they won't do with a 64GB card outside of places it is sold officially.

I had it for 4,5 years and the only issue was me being retarded and scratching it, the OLED dying is a fucking meme I would need like 20 years to use the OLED screen proper life time

Anyways its going to be FUCKING HARD, to find one, I got a brand new 3G one listed for 500€ on ebay

I bought my 64GB card more than two years ago and there's no problem with it at all.
Kind of a waste of money in retrospect.

My card is 4,5 years too, as I said no issues

Neat, thanks for the info.

So how was Root Letter?
Or that Night Alone game?

Don't even own a Vita but.

That never happened, just PSP exploits, the vita piracy is alive and well

Is it possible to download DLC from PSN while using Henkaku? I have been trying to get some of the free content for MeiQ but it has yet to begin downloading on my vita.

what happened to 8ch.net/v/res/11145068.html ?

Compiling something, trying to get all the links clean.

thanks for making the thread, I was away from home for a while.
Did anyone happen to archive the last thread?

SAO: Hollow Realization; got Lisbeth to friendship level 5. Just got my extra costume download codes in my email today, not sure how to use 'em yet. They don't show up in my inventory or storage. And does anyone know what friendship level you have to have the girl at to do pillow-talk?
Nothing. I'm pretty content with all my vidya
nothing. Saving my money.

Also, Leafa in HR is pretty annoying honestly. She was much better in HF/LS. Lisbeth a best in HR.

nevermind on the DLC outfits; you buy 'em from the armor shop.

You know I just closed that tab before I saw your post.
There was around 200 ish replies on the thread and it said at the bottom it was pruned or deleted. It definitely didn't hit the post limit or auto sage.

Fuck Big Bridge.

Nah we were at 140 something. I remember the last post because it was a reply to me.

Didn't think to archive the thread, sorry man. Honestly though I don't remember anything discussed in it being save-worthy, but I know that's not the point.

Ys 8 is on sale on the JPSN for ¥2999 if anyone cares. Digital only.

Oh. And Summon Night 6 (JPN), same price. Romancing SaGa 2 is on sale for ¥999.

Trying to see if more titles are on sale there but there's no page move button, so it might just be a skimpy 10 year anniversary sale Japan side. Unless this is week 2 and I didn't notice.

Any updates on the Vita hacking scene lately?

3.55 keikaku
TaiHen released
Koth challenge beat, team molecule didn't deliver
Adrenaline on taihen
Break through on usb hub, no full mdp yet

Team Molecule delivered though. TaiHEN is open-source.

This is an absolute steal. Ys VIII is fucking fantastic, and was worth full price.

I wan 2 fug Vita tan

I don't know why I like girls like this. but It Is very interesting

Nice try CP bot

So uh, is there some resource to go to to just get necessary files to undub my own games?

Henkaku reached the point you can still go online, so I don't want to miss on the games I actually have instead of just going full pirate.

I did undub my p4g before vitamin appeared.

The actual thread on it is full of unmitigated faggotry.

Blue Reflection live trailer and the website has updated to new characters.

Setup looks like social interaction management in an all-girls school while fighting Eldritch horrors while dressed as magic girls. No word just yet on any customizing systems. Scenario writer is the author of the Kino no Tabi series.

They're still trying to pick up flies with that honeypot, eh?

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/10th-anniversary-sale-week-2/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSSTORE10SALELP

It's time.

Playing the game right now, just started it yesterday.

It's decent so far.
Really tranquil athmosphere, and while it did have one Invesigation /"word duel" so far it wasn't as "overdesigned" as, say, the class Trials in Danganropa.

The Art is nice and the music fits in the background to the point of not drawing attention to itself, but accentuating the experience.

Protagonist is never seen and so far didn't act like a bitch.

It's alright. Just keep in mind it's a VN - there isn't much towards game elements (at least so far)

To add something:

The protagonist and most of the surrounding cast are adults.

While the story references the Protag and cast's high school-age past, you never see any edgy or "muh feels" bullshit you usually get with teenagers.

The VN seems to be oriented towards young adults (I believe it actually said so on the box) and If you're not a fan of teen oriented drama bullshit in other VNs or japanese Games then this might be for you.

Having said that, I'm only at the start of Chapter 3 so far.
If anyone else has had a different experience or something to add, please do so,

looks like complete shit

I'm still surprised the english PC port wasn't released with the PS4 version.

Because if it was it wouldn't have sold on the PS4. Welcome to timed exclusives.

I can't wait for NISA's cringe inducing localization like the last Cladun games. I bet they won't fix the bugs and crashes that plagued the japanese release.

Are you a retard?

I just waiting for an english release so I can see all the menus translated, then I'm gonna pirate the jap version.

You cared enough to post about it.
Why don't you do the honorable thing and learn moon?

Because I only need to menus translated to play

Did anyone play world of FF on vita yet? Thinking of buying for PS4, but I figured I'd try it first on vita before buying.

It's a great battle system and monster catching game bogged down by FF13 tier dungeon/map designs and a NISA tier cringe localization

SRW player, I see.

It's pretty fun. Story and writing is abysmal but the gameplay is solid, monster raising very similar to that in KH DDD

So, Steins;Gate 0's translation. I've run into a small error, but besides that it seems fine so far. They didn't fuck up Tutturu, and it's not Engrish-y. Whoever did the editing work should be praised, I think.

(checked)
Is it a review copy you've got or is it actually out now? I couldn't see it on PSN.

It must be a review copy since it doesn't come out proper until the end of this month.

Alright, I've talked with Steiner about it and apparently he's seen the translation too. He's satisfied with it, so it looks like we're all good.

Thought as much. I know we have some reviewers hanging around here and I appreciate them giving us their opinions before game releases. Helps me to decide whether I want to throw cash at a game or not.

So can we still pirate games on a Vita? Is the archive/thread still alive somewhere?

No, the vita retroactively no longer allows you to pirate. You fucking retard.

If you're on firmware 3.60 just go to henkaku.xyz on your vita browser. If you're above 3.60, you're fucked. IF you're below, install QCMA and manually upgrade to 3.60.

I don't know how useful this is, but here's a screencap of most of the last thread: a.uguu.se/zB65GdUlZxLv.jpg

meh, not that great a list. Is Sony even trying?

ah I really need to start playing my copy. I just finished building my desktop though, and i'm still wrapped up in Hollow Realization. Glad to hear it's been good so far though.

preteen collections sets photo & video:
8ch.net/zoo/res/19206.html

v1

Thanks anons. Tried looking around here and couldn't find the appropriate thread. Tried jewgle and got Reddit which I wouldn't touch even if I had a gun pointed to my head. Luckily I'm still at 3.6 so I'll give it a shot.

Not stage 3, retard. Read the source code.
github.com/henkaku/henkaku
vs
github.com/yifanlu/taiHEN

Thanks. So the last poster, ID:f35dcc, was pretty much a Sony Employee marketing. And 2 days later, Yifan "updates" henkaku, just when I was considering doing something unheard off.

Meh, I got a real job I attend to. I don't feed off food stamps and visas. Hopefully he's paying for college, and not going scot-free with a racial scholarship.
>>11242451

32 hours in, about halfway through the second map. I've got a funny feeling i'll hit 100 hours before this thing is beaten.

Not all that great a sale strictly for Vita games, but there's some PS1 stuff that might be of interest to people, given the Vita's PS1 capabilities. Though I have to say I've certainly seen better prices as far as the mark downs go (who even decides on the sale prices anyhow? I've seen stuff like Suikoden II down to like $1.50 and both Wild Arms for $.99 each, but this time it just seems like a blanket $3 sale for anything PS1 that's included in it).

It does seem random. I think about getting some of these games sometimes but my backlog is so huge and I actually have physical copies of some of the better PS1 gems so… All I'd really be doing is paying for the ability to play these games only on a digital bases on my Vita, maybe, depending on compatibility.

basis/bases whatever, I've been drinking

Are there more pic from where she wears the bunny outfit along Silica?

Do the other girls gets a bunny outfit too?

My own backlog is huge too. What stops me buying stuff in flash sales more than anything is lack of funds and not wanting to support some companies that shit on the people that once liked their series (like how Konami has been so quick to fuck everyone over). Also, in regards to the Vita, while I'd like to be able to put more PS1 games on there (fuck how Spyro and Crash aren't whitelisted or whatever for use with it anymore), I've heard that there's issues with trying to transfer PS1 games to an unupdated Vita anyhow (using QCMA to bypass the firmware check). So right now as far as PS1 classics on my Vita goes I'm stuck with just WA, WA2, FFVII, and BoFIV. Though, I do also have a CFW PSP, so it's not that huge a deal, but it would be nice to have an "all in one" system as far as CFW and PS1, PSP, and Vita compatibility goes.

Once the new ePSP system for HENkaku comes out, a 3.60 Vita should be the 'all in one' you're looking for. We just gotta wait until it's done.

Would that give clearance for not just putting any and all PSP games on (the way you can toss ripped PSP games onto a CFW PSP despite there not being official digital versions for some of them) as well as downloaded/converted PS1 eboots? I seem to remember hearing in the past that while at least some PS1 eboots were playable, they had audio issues, though admittedly I haven't directly followed advances in Vita CFW.

not that I know of, and I don't think they do. Pic related is from a character event I believe. They don't get those outfits in-game, sadly.

Just got 32 more gigs, what are good RPGs/whatever games? I have 20 gigs left after what I am uploading, played all the Cold Steels, working through WoFF.

It appears to be a full PSP with 64MB of RAM accessible, and all that it entails, so it should have sound for PS1 and any PSP games (even homebrews) will work.

Wow, neat. I'll keep my ear open then.

Guys can someone exaplain me this?
i installed a .vpk game then, after playing it for a bit, i used mai tool to install his update and dlcs.
The game got updated but there are no dlcs. i tried adding the files manually but still no results.

Alright, the translation is fine for Steins;Gate 0… but the Vita version has some pretty major issues with CGs that the PS4 version doesn't.

I've already sent a message with some screenshots to my PQube contact, but at this point I'd recommend getting the PS4 version and using Remote Play if that option is available to you. The Vita version should probably get delayed at this point.

Freedom Wars. Its like Monster Hunter and Lost Planet, shits pretty rad. Also tried MGS HD, but I hate the way aiming feels on a Vita compared to a controller.

Good, or at least fun Vita games, or even PSP/PS1 games that play great on it. I've beaten Killzone Mercs, Gravity Rush, Senran Kagura, Neptunia, not sure where to go next.

Nothing for now.

Checked with some other folks in the know, apparently they're trying to patch the Vita issues before launch.

SAO Hollow Fragment is a great time sink, single-player MMO game if that's what you're in the mood for. If you can get your hands on Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness, that's another great one the DS version is better tho. Then you got Ys Memories of Celceta, Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown, and Grand Kingdom.

Not sure what to say user, try digging around PSPISO forums maybe? I haven't done any piracy on my Vita in a long time.

what kind of issues?

it gets old real quick. Doesn't help that the story isn't very compelling either.

Forget about it, just pre-release bugs that are already getting patched.

What issues and what launch?
Vita colours?

I'll check out SAO, I own a physical Ys. Planning to jam this thing full of JRPGs to play while I lift/fash out.

CG issues and before EU launch.

oh fuck

MaiDumpTool needs to run games in a different mode to ensure DLC works for them. Unfortunately, those games need to be installed by MaiDumpTool in order for this to work. Choose "Switch game loading" from the main menu, pick the game in question, then choose "5. Load mode 0 + I0 hook (supports plugin and DLC)". It'll take 20 seconds or so to get everything set up, then you're good to go.

Why is that unforunate? MaiDumps save space compared to VPK, unless you do the slightly annoying shrink.

Adrenaline ePSP CFW is already out, but still on beta. It has full compatibility with PSP games with some nice features, PS1 support (and 64MB RAM mode) will come in the future

Is there any word of how it will handle resolution scaling?

Just read about it, neat!

You have the option to use the regular Sony filter or three other options to better suit your game's graphics.

I'm trying to install taihenkaku via beta.henkaku.xyz/ but it just installs henkaku R6. Does enybody else have this issue?

I didn't quite get what the ending was going for until I thought about it a bit, but it's kind of bittersweet when you think about it… though kinda pointless considering S;G true ending.

Anyway, all the endings are worth seeing. There are some questions or ideas posed in the first VN that aren't answered except for in some otherwise useless endings. Also, I really wish that whatever was up with Yuki was explained better. You get the gist of her situation between all the endings, but there's never a good explanation given for why she was in that situation to begin with.

woah nice. I'll have to dust off my piracy OLED for this.

not sure what all you're talking about since I haven't played the game, but Steins;Gate 0 isn't canon to begin with. The entire game is the bad future timeline that is ultimately prevented in Steins;Gate from my understanding at least, please correct me if I'm wrong

That's not how it works. They needed to fail the first time for the message that made the second trip successful to be send from the future.
The whole Steins;Gate ending practically took them several decades to archive, building a time machine and all that.
By your logic almost the entirety of the franchise would be non-canon because they prevented all of it.

Are the Kamaitachi no yoru games an good? Will there be a vita localization? Should I just learn Japanese?

Embarrassing. Where's a vita chart image?

Less than half of those are actually FPS. The only FPS on there are Killzone, Duke Nukem, Borderlands 2, Resistance, and Call of Duty.

There's this thing halfchan anons make and people here are prone to grabbing to use here as well, but it's more of a "here's what's on the system" image than a "what's recommended by anons" one. Probably not even the latest one either.

I'd say it's a recommendation image. At least the games that have images are recommended.

also here's the current image

That list really needs to be updated with that game removed. It really is worse than PSO2 in every conceivable way except the fact that you'll inevitably lose the ability to play PSO2 due to Sega shutting down the servers.

Unfortunately the guy that updates the image is slow and a little stubborn. It took months for him to change Ys VIII from blue text (import friendly) to red (requires Japanese knowledge) despite it basically being an Ys game with Kiseki-style quest system and exposition.

I've been messing around with the idea of creating one specifically with input from anons here, but have been encountering some hurdles in formatting that I've been slowly trying to work out. However, using a set up like this, I think I might be able to keep games that did see a physical release somewhere in the world together, regardless of if NA or PAL didn't see them that way. Games that have been strictly PSN-only worldwide can have a separate section and will require a separate formatting. Some sample images (used a few games where the notes section could get a little lengthy to help gauge things), though I'm still playing around with it and have some things to try to decide on (for example, if an extended port only has a Vita release, does that make it an exclusive, or does that still count as multiplat due to the basic version having been elsewhere first)?

Is there anyway to change the account on my Vita without deleting everything? I need to buy a PSP game but Sony changed the password on my account.

I'd say extended ports should count as exclusive. Also, I'd totally love to help you with adding games to that list.

Sure, but it's going to take some time, and I'd ideally like games to have at least something in the notes section. I also suspect that English cover art for some games won't be the easiest to find (for example, I remember ANS+ there taking a good while to find an English scan of in good resolution, and the only English Atelier Escha and Logy Plus scan I could find had poor gradation of the Vita banner at the top); while that set up would allow me to use JP covers, I'd still prefer to use English covers where possible, so I might be left hoping some anons have scanners for ones I can't find. Also, I do hope that the tags on the bottom there are easily identifiable, though I suppose I should put a key at the top of the base file the game tabs will go on anyhow.

I'll check back later today/tomorrow; took long enough to get those tags to feel right graphically, as well as be somewhat satisfied with that tab layout.

I have a physical of Escha&Logy Plus and a printer with a scanner.

BR here, where the fuck you got this from?

Cool, that would be nice. I assume I don't need to say it in the case you've used it a lot before, but if not, make sure it's at 300-600ppi for the resolution and aligned properly. While I don't need a full size scan for these tabs (the allotted space I have for covers right now being 130 x 168 px), it strikes me that having a full size, properly scanned one floating around the web might be of good benefit to people in general (places like The Cover Project are still pretty lacking in Vita cover scans, both on the main site and forum).

It follows the timeline where he fails to save Christina before he enters the steins gate timeline

Cucks offended that Vitamin was trash released overnight by a drama queen that got outshined by a Chinese guy in his basement within twelve hours of release.

I like the design mostly. If I could offer a single piece of advice, it would be to remove anything passing or going through the text, in this case the title.

So I'm interested in the new SAO game, but I have a few question for those who have it.
1 - how is the translation? Passable or "highly recommend importing" tier?
2 - how is the censorship? I heard the US version doesn't have the day one patch to cover the tits, but is there any other censorship in either version?
3 - how important is the multiplayer? Is it one of those games that locks the best gear behind multiplayer stuff, or is it single player with the option of coop for shits and giggles?

If you mean the light blue lines, those are just for alignment and formatting purposes in image production/manipulation, and don't show up on the finished images. Samples related.

Also finding those graphical tags useful enough I think I might use it for an eventual PS3 image as well, albeit replacing the Physical Cart ones for Physical Disc.

That OP image reminded me or Revolution 60 for a while

I think it'd be neater if you removed the Notes: part before the description. What's the FX icon mean? Also are these going to be the final resolution of the pictures, cause the text is kind of small. Can you try a different background color because I don't like how it clashes with the blue gradient at the top of the game cover.

It's meant to be an "EX" to denote exclusivity to the system; some people in the past have mentioned before that it would be nice to have a signifier of those in the stuff I've done, but I've had trouble trying to find the best way to show that. I can see how it might look like an FX though; was trying to keep the icons somewhat small and 25 x 25 px isn't all that much room to work with beyond making the font smaller. I'll see about removing that little "Notes" thing; would certainly free up more space for the actual text. The Notes text is 11 pt Times New Roman. I'm certainly still able to read it at that size, but if more people are having issues I'll give some consideration to increasing it (you are expanding the images, right? Because the thumbnail is of course going to look make text look blurry).

I'll fiddle some with changing the background colors, or potentially putting a small border of that lighter blue from the the tag icons around the covers, which might help.

Trying a few things. Putting a border around the area (and making the cover slightly smaller) has a more local effect, while changing the background color itself slightly works as well at breaking up the banner from the background space, but also changes the color of the entire tab.

As an aside, I'd initially thought of going with the colors the PSN itself uses (at least as far as the web store being the most readily accessible to grab a screenshot of), but the actual colors they use there are so dark it gets hard to actually tell where one starts and one ends with small parts like the tag icons (probably why they've stuck to using the blues for the backgrounds of large sections; plus, the blue furthest in the background has both a pattern and glow behind it that makes it stand out more as opposed to solid color).

Is this your final size? because I recommend making them slightly bigger and the text slightly larger.

I was using something similar as a basis for the dimensions (namely, the width of tabs for a revamped PSP graphic I've also been working on), but yeah, I can go a bit wider if need be to allow the text enough room at a larger size. Really just need to be able to keep in mind how many of these will be going in a row though. It's pretty easy if you're just working with vertical or squarish game covers to fit a lot in a row (I think the PS2 image has space for like ten per row), but in wanting to have description space for stuff like this (and the PSP one), the dimensions of the cover art make it easier to have the text on the side than beneath the art (the way the more squarish DS covers allowed for on that one). It does have the side effect of making the entire tab larger horizontally though, which either means further limiting on how many to have in a row at once, or increasing the amount of horizontal scrolling needed from viewers at 100% image size.

The good news is that resolution limitations are less of a worry now since Codemonkey's upped the maximum filesize a few times.

This seem somewhat better? Recolored the background, raised the text size a point (up to 12 pt now), and made it 30 px wider (360px now) to accommodate the text.

At least 25% better because the text is less squished making it less blurry overall.

Again, just to double check, you are actually expanding the images, right? Because the text in prior samples up there didn't look blurred at all to me when expanded to proper size (thumbnails being smaller and having whatever percent compression to save room on additional filesize makes stuff like text look like blurry shit in them).

I did expand them. It isn't so much of a blur on the first but the text being close together that makes it appear blurry to me.

Ah, alright then. Just wanted to double check. I'll be revamping the prior samples to the color and sizes in (might still fiddle with the blue in the icons though; I do want them the stand out, but the blue there feels a bit too bright). This is why it's best to try to get layout decisions out of the way early, so you don't have to redo a whole bunch of them later down the road.

I've seen gameplay of SAO for PS4 with my brother because I was told the games were much better and actually a fun, proper way to adapt the shitty LNs and it looks terrible. I'm talking a relic like Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixer, which I loved, all the way back on PS2 looking less generic as an action game.

Even hopefully without Kirito shitting up everything with his OC donutsteel faggotry, are the girls really worth it considering they want his dick?

Depends on your taste. Most people who can stomach the less desirable parts of SAO will usually find a waifu or two, or three, amongst them. I haven't played any of the games yet despite owning 2 of them, but the anime was only watchable due to references to game mechanics and the various other characters in it, not just the main ladies. I guess the concept alone was enough to propel me through season 1 (Silica and deaths helped), and Sinon and Yuki were just enough to get me through 2, but only barely.

Apparently sony's doing a sale on a bunch of old PS1 games and it got me wondering, how does stuff that needed both triggers work on vita? Does it just map L2 and R2 to each half of the back touchpad or something?

Yes, it uses the back touchpad and it is an awful solution. If you want to play a game that uses L2/R2 get an adapter. play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-2000-white/13/708qs5

You can map buttons to whatever you want, I usually map R2 and L2 to the front lower right and left touchpad respectively but is a better idea if you have a 2000.

Does a anybody have one? Can you tell me if it's good enough to buy it? I'm kinda tempted to buy one for my FAT Vita

So, when does the NISA store charge for pre-orders? It looks like they're almost sold out of Atelier Shallie+, and it's not on Amazon.

I have the slim version, its garbage. The tabs that hold the Vita in place scratch the plastic when taking thew system in and out of the grip.

Fuck, no buy then.
Thanks a lot, man.

When in doubt, check for an FAQ (their store does have one). They claim they don't charge until the buyer's entire order ships, but that that's apparently only for post-release purchases. Digging through my emails for a prior Gust related pre-order, it seems like they initiated a charge to my account about a week prior to release (with the actual bill being finalized and an email sent the day prior to release), probably when they'd gotten all the prints done and were ready to start shipping out. They do also state something in regards to how they (and various other companies too, apparently) handle authorizing orders, in that at the time of the order being placed, they seem to run a verification that you have the funds via creating a pending transaction that places the money into a temporary hold state. Thus, with Shallie Plus, you'd need at least $54.99 and however much the shipping (and tax if you're in California or Texas) is at the time of placing your pre-order, and then keep that amount in your account until they actually bill.

How do you remove/backup games installed with maidumptool? Are they just treated as legit games and can be moved to a PC with content manager? Or is it more complicated than that?
I'd test it myself but I'm paranoid

You can order Shallie+ from VGP too
videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24325
(ignore the wrong LE pic).

Alright, so chances are I'll still be fine after Black Friday. Cool.

Out of curiosity, where is VGP getting their stock of them from if the physical print is supposedly exclusive to NISA's storefront? I mean, have they worked out something on the side with TK, or is it more akin to the way some local independent stores where I live handle such things, in that if you order from them they put in a preorder from elsewhere, and then you just buy it from them instead? Or is it just in the US that it's suppose to be exclusively sold through NISA?

Still waiting on that English cover scan for E&L+ when you get a chance.

Just a question on how the region stuff is set up. Why does it only list NA and PAL? My only concern is that there are some JPN and Asia games which do contain english text and so are import friendly.and may not have gotten a release in the west at all, or only a digital release.
The one I am really thinking of is Dokuro. The physical JPN version has multiple languages on it anyway. And then there is always the whole Moe Chronicle which had asia release with english text and we never got the vita version here. Any chance we can somehow include these regions in also?

All I can say is I also got that game and they charged my credit card right away for it. So I would say have the funds available now if you can.

That's a good point. Right now it's mainly set up as such since I'm wagering it's mostly games that have an English release that would be of interest to anons here in the west (it's also easier to keep track of whether those have seen a physical release or not), and I had been thinking that for import games that have English for whatever reason, or don't require moonrune knowledge, I'd just leave the NA and PAL tags unhighlighted and leave a mention at them being import friendly in the notes (and if they're import-able or downloadable, it can generally be assumed a physical and/or digital one exists). Still, if people want further visual tags, I'm willing to do so, but it presents a bit of of an issue: with it being the Asia/Pacific prints that are more prone to having an English option than the original Japanese releases (at least going from what I've heard), would I need to make two more sets of them, one for Asian releases and one for Japan? Would having one for Japan be all that useful in comparison to an Asian one? Just wondering what others think.

Yeah, I would personally say go for two more. I just really like Dokuro and having a physical version of it is so much better. But I cant really think of what other JPN games do have english text. You are right that Asia gets more english text.

Also, if it does help I do have a list of every physical NA vita game, I need to update it a bit for the past month, but otherwise it lists what actually got a physical here as wikipedia's list is garbage. And I can help out with descriptions of some stuff too.

You can erase them/back them up normally.

So for homebrew, what new shit do i need? I haven't updated the firmware or HenKaku since day 1.

That would help a lot on both fronts, thanks (maybe some PAL user can also help with a list of what all's physical out there as well). That said, I'm going to be away from my computer for a while and won't be able to further work on stuff until late Saturday at the earliest, so maybe hold off until then to post them. Also lets you take your time with writing them (I may or may not have to tweak things slightly due to available space for the notes).

PSN spoofing is dead now. Considering getting a new Vita, but where the fuck do I get one without blowing 200 bucks

My last source just sold out yesterday. You probably can't anymore. Good luck.

techraptor.net/content/steinsgate-0-review

Muh S;G 0 review is up.

Out of curiosity has anyone played the Date A Live games and if so, how much knowledge of moon is required?

So what's the general consensus on Hollow Realization? I enjoyed Hollow Fragment but I've heard mixed opinions about Lost Song and how is not as good as Hollow Fragment (also, is too short).

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/black-friday-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-BLKFRIDAYSALELP

After playing it on and off for nearly a year, I've finally beaten Dungeon Travelers 2. Definitely one of the best Vita games I've played. Can't wait for 2-2 to come out as well as Mary Skelter. Hopefully Demon Gaze II will be good.

Now I'm playing Ar Nosurge after dropping it a year or two ago. I got it ages ago after Ion-user recommended it to me years ago. I started playing it and it never clicked. Seemed very clunky and the quality was all over the place.

However, playing it again, I am starting to really enjoy myself. The quality isn't on the surface but is put into the character and world building. Not often do I actually give a shit about the characters in games and actually go out of my to see their banter. Treating it like a visual novel instead of an RPG was good advice. Only just got to the part where Ion meets up with Kanon again for the first time in ages. I really regret reading some spoilers years ago thinking I would never play this game. Thankfully what was spoiled was only about the Avatar and you can see that coming if you closely pay attention to certain things. Especially if you read the description about Oversears and why Ion was summoned into their world to begin with. I'm glad I gave this game another chance. Now I still need to play Ar Tonelico 2 with the restoration patch.

Thanks Ion-user for the recommendation. Assuming he's still around.

I'm thinking about getting a Vita. What's a fair price for a used one? They seem to go for anywhere between $70 and $200.

I read a few days ago that Target were liquidating their stock of PS Vitas. If you're going to buy digital games this week has some good deals

Caligula has zero chance of getting a physical release now. Thanks atlus

twitter.com/limitedrundoug/status/801170065970384897

Disgraceful. Damnit I need to improve my moon and browse 2ch. One of them have to have something. Bigger scans. I mean shit. Dual-claymore wielding Alicia. Super Milf Fiora.

Of course. Because why would any company want to make a modest profit from spending very little.

Glad to have another DT2 fan on board. The more of us there are, the better chance of seeing DT2-2, hopefully physically.

Fair price? Probably $100 dollars in decent shape with the charge cable and no defects aside from a scratch or two, maybe a shallow one in the corner of the screen at most. Average price? Depends on your city's Kijiji. Mine is a wasteland and I had to order both of my Vitas online.

FUCKING CANADIANS

What's the verdict on that anyway? I know it's been out in Nip for a while.

I use play-asia.com/remote-play-assist-attachment-for-playstation-vita-slim/13/70a3hf for my slim and it's pretty damn comfy, you hold it in place with the top tab so no scratching. Only issue is if you are mashing buttons hard the vita might wiggle around a bit

saw this on cuck/vg/, maybe worth a try for this sale

This is going to be the only way I will see a sale on the Muramasa DLC isnt it? Been waiting a whole year for that to go on sale and it has not.

The Muramasa dlc is already half what it should cost.

It is and has been $15? Are you just saying it is good enough to warrant a $30 purchase or something? Or did I just somehow miss it going up for $8?

The former.

Trying to get into Vita and lost on how to buy one for an appropriate price. How bad are most "used" vitas?
Is the best one definitely the OLED screen?
Should I even bother buying used?
Any preferred sites for buying Vitas?

It was a preview for today famitsu scans. Here is real scan.

I'm fan of DT2 too, but I posted before that I got problems with my 8GB memory card and I had to stop playing the game for the third time after the memory crashed.
I'm back playing it again and I'm going for the grindan trophy

Also these scans for next OP!

Nep Nep Connect

OLED is definitely the better screen.

OLED has better color but is prone to "burn in" and has a limited lifespan compared to the LCD.

The burn in only happens to idiots who keep the screens brightness setting on max; the thing is ridiculously bright even on the lowest setting.

There's no PSP thread and every time I make a QTDDTOT on Holla Forums, people misinterpret what the thread is for.

I'm having a couple of issues with the games on my PSP. I've downloaded them from Emuparadise (nicoblog a shit) and here are some of the issues (I'm using the LME Launcher for the 660 cfw):
- My Katamari and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 don't show up at all
- Space Invaders Extreme can't save (corrupted file)
- Power Stone Collection opens up to the main menu, but if I try to launch any of the games, the screen goes black and freezes there
- PC-Engine collections do pretty much the same
-PC-Engine (turbogfx) emulator plays games at a low framerate and just slow as fuck (so far I've only tried some shmup and Splatterhouse)
- SNES emulators are prone to freezing the PSP

Questions
That
Don't
Deserve
Their
Own
Threads

As far as I know, it's a /k/ thing. Threads are made where people post any and all questions they have about weapons and things like that. Think of them as the Customer Support sticky on Holla Forums.

why didnt you make it a new thread? You got more results there than almost-derailing here.

Oh, that's a pretty good idea

Because there's already 2 PS Vita threads, one dying and this one.
I didn't want to create a new thread because this one only has 180 replies and to me PS Vita and PSP are very close together, like PS3 and PS4.

Yeah, but dont get me wrong, the vita thread are usually very slow and also it was made 9days ago so that's why the number of posts.

alright, here

Damn, those curves are nice.

it ain't too shabby overall. It takes the best stuff from Hollow Fragment and improves the lamer aspects of it. Like for the maps you explore; it's all like one big Hollow Area. And then you have your hub town; The Town of Beginnings. I've been rather enjoying my time with it, but after 40 hours in and only just now up to the second Raid Boss, I'm taking a break for now; don't wanna burn myself out on it too badly. 2-Handed Sword is a blast to play, and i LOVE that there's no fucking dual-blades. Once I master Rapier since I already mastered 2-Handed Sword, I'll probably give 1-Handed Sword or Great Axe a try.

Well, if any of you guys wanted to give SAO Lost Song a go on the cheap; now's your chance.

I wanted to like DT2, but I couldn't stop getting my ass kicked or the grind would burn me out pretty fast; even with that EXP Card thing. I guess i'm just 2casual Love the art though.

if nothing else, SAO has decent waifubait designs; even if they are totally-empty and devoid of character.

good luck, barely anyone is doing blackfriday for the vita
i really wanted to get a cheap memory card too

No shame of using the 2exp item, I also bought it after my first savedata got corrupted.

I'm thinking of buying MeiQ, I heard is an okay drpg.

MeiQ is pretty easy on normal mode; and on Hard mode it's hard fucking brutal from what i've heard. I made it to the second tower/volcano place before getting relatively bored. The character artist, Nomura Ryouji, is god-like though. He draws some of the best cute-sexy girls i've ever seen. A shame he doesn't do more porn.

Just finished downloading atelier Sophie, lets see how it goes

Just done platting Dragon Quest Builders, it was really fun but once you're done and over with there are hardly anything to do, outside of Incognita. Chapter 3 is still best chapter.

Nothing for now but another memory card would be nice

nothing

I want to die. Anyone have troubleshooting ideas besides "use a PC?"

Here's a screencap of the error, if it helps. I can download from the Vita no problem, but I can't upload.

An traditional JRPG. Have played ToCS, WoFF, have lots of shit already but nothing is scratching the itch.

guys I've been looking everywhere for a pstv black friday deal and I can't find shit, we can get CFW in those, right?. and has anyone seen a good deal on it? yes, I posted this in another thread

I've been visiting my family in Minnesota that live around the Minneapolis/St Paul area, so naturally they had the idea of taking me to the Mall of America.

I managed to luck out an find both Virtua Tennis 4 and UMvC3 pre-owned (I have a strong suspicion that the Virtua Tennis was never owned, and just a display copy that was eventually converted - it had a NEW sticker on the side dated to the NA Vita launch date… weird to think that such a (now) rare game was just sitting in a GameStop for 4 1/2+ years, with no one buying it), and decided to grab them and Nights of Azure for my nogaems4. Fucking GameStop had a sale going on where if you bought 2 pre-owned games you could get 1 for free, and I had a $10 coupon, so I ended up getting all 3 of these for $45 before tax.

How'd I do?

Havent seen one on sale myself, granted I didnt look too hard. Last years sales may have been the last one to really get rid of inventory since it went down to $20.
And yeah you can hack it the same way as a vita.

Try using vitashell instead, molecularshell is and always has been a neutered form of vitashell and now its not even good for basic shit since it only shows ux0 by default.

Every PSTV is guaranteed to have 3.60 or lower out of the box since they're no longer in active production.
Be wary of used units though - they might be updated.

I can't get VitaShell on there though. I can't get this stupid FTP app to work, so no VitaShell for me. Unless there's something I missed that lets me install it ezpz

Try using vpkmirror on the psv browser and dl/install it like that?

What's error 0x8001000D in molecularShell? I can't even delete things from it. Tried in both Hen and Tai.

Attic Box? That's who does MeiQ? Doesn't look anything like their La Pucelle/Rhapsody work at all….

oh god muh dick

You're gonna have to start aggressively hunting warehouse hubs for clearance stock, user. PSTVs were scarce last year, save a few hub towns. This seriously means hitting up Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc, and getting the numbers to their distribution/warehouse hubs in your state. Doubtful you'll see one openly on a shelf, otherwise.

Reinstalled and all was well.

How do I completely reset the Email app for switchkaku? I fucked something up and now the database isn't detected, and the app has a TaiHEN email that does nothing.

Steins gate 0 is gonna need a up do date vita, isint it?

So I guess we know when it comes out now?

Do you have the older scans too?

store.playstation.com/#!/es-es/black-friday/cid=STORE-MSF75508-BFMWD2016/1

Fuck Aksys. I have the physical cart so I dont feel like getting the whole game again, I just need the dlc. And located in usa, so would be a real pain to set up a new psn and reformat.
Also no where seems to be having any good black friday deals for physical vita games, except maybe gamestops buy 2 used get 1 free.
and idiot brother's friend gave me pink eye yesterday so this whole week is just going to be a nuisance.

Kind of in the same boat. If that discount code still works, and some are announcing it doesn't, it'll probably be the best chance for a long time. Companies love to use DLC to jew the customer.

Little later than I expected considering how early they started talking about it, but I'm ok with this. It'll be nice to not need to get more than 2 or 3 more games before this time next year.

Ugh, really? I hope that code works. I'm planning to go to Target and hope they have the $10 PSN cards since it is buy one get one 10% off. And then that code will get me 10% the dlc.
But if it doesnt work I'll be pissed even more.
and of course companies will jew out with dlc, how else can they make sure you pay full price for their game, they sure dont want you buying it from a friend for $2.

I doubt there is a Flash Sale this weekend but if there is wait til Friday so you can use the 10%code since is one-time-use.

DQ Builders (Digital Code for Standard Edition) for PSVita is 20$ on Amazon.

And here the FLASH SALES

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

Use a Laptop
Nice dubs tho

And no Muramasa DLC. Whatever, I really hope that 10% code works.

I want to go physical instead of digital and I read the LE will get a disscount next week. What do?

I hope this means it bombed.

It did. They censored a fan service game and lied about why.

I am more afraid about how xseed will probably start censoring games soon. A lot fo the people working their freaked out about how terrible it is trump won and how a lot of their fans liked trump. Hatsuu talked about how the recent censorship by nintendo is good and people should learn japanese if they do not like it or want to play creepy petting games. Then the higher ups and a few people working their shit talked Senran kagura and Valkyrie drive for being too lewd which could offend people which made them not want to bring over VD.

Well we already knew that the only person at XSeed who isn't a faggot is Tom. We've already seen this with SK. Everyone else wanted to change the ages of the girls so they'd be older, but Tom didn't want to and so they agreed to omit the ages. Their translations aren't even that good, and they only have such a positive reputation because they haven't censored anything besides the omission of ages. If they want to shoot themselves in the foot, they're free to do so.

Thanks user

The designs of the corrupted characters give me a Demon Gaze vibe. Maybe they asked that artist for influence?
Ruining perfection.

His art has definitely changed. Remember that Rhapsody is more than a decade old. Lots of time for an artist to change their style.

I don't think any Vita requires an update to play certain games unlike the 3DS.

Is it worth that?

Who is that in the first pic?

But also, MeiQ is pretty good for $20 if you really like dungeon crawlers. I'm not a big fan of them myself but still trying to slog through it.

The instant XSeed censors something and people find out about it is the second they lose all the goodwill they've garnered. The number of people who buy their shit purely because it's not censored is probably a very considerable amount of their audience.

Tom was one of the people freaking out about Trump and compared him to hitler while saying it is awful to generalize hillary by saying she is crooked.

The day Tom leaves is when all hell breaks loose at Xseed.

Prierre from La-Pucelle Tactics. A TRPG made by NIS, the makers of Disgaea. It's a decent game but if you're going to play it then get a fan translation of the PSP version as that's the better version.

It has definitely shown every time. Their audience only asks them to try and keep everything intact when translating. Obviously it's never a 1-1 translation due to how languages/writing works and some jokes fall on death ears since they require knowledge of kanji to understand the pun or misunderstanding. It's understandable to change those. But killing the main reason people buy those games is the quickest way to lose your audience. Their audience isn't the casual crowd who doesn't pay attention to news about their games. The minute the product is compromised then they're out. It keeps happening yet they don't stop.

Oversensitive retards bitching about sexy cartoon women that are only to be dismissed.

I'll also still never ever forgive Tom for lying about a game having on-disc DLC.

which game?

Source?

Ah thanks for that. I'll check it out at some point for kicks.

But as for the translation stuff you mentioned, those are the only things I think are ok changing up. Jokes/puns, sayings, songs, and poems. None of those translate well into other languages and it is acceptable to adjust them to that countries local versions. Like every language has a version of "You cant have your cake and eat it too", so it is fine to substitute that out for the different version. Puns based off kanji are fine to try and find an acceptable pun in the translation language.
But what does get me annoyed is when they change something for no reason. Psycho Pass has one of the characters call the main character 'princess' in japanese, but they changed it to 'doll' in english. That seems like such a weird change with no real reason behind it.

Akiba's Trip (2), he said that all the DLC (that had long-since been released in Japan and was already part of the other ports) wasn't on-disc at all.
Rabid XSEED fanfaggots defended it too when people pointed out that it could be pirated with an unlock file, because hard evidence doesn't count when you don't like it I guess.

This seems to be one of those cases where context still stays the same. Assuming that the context was calling the person delicate, or pristine, in an insulting way.

People need to look as to why they defend games. Are you defending the game because the statement someone made was wrong? Or are you saying the game/devs can do no wrong? And are you only defending it so you don't look like you've made a bad purchase or look like you've wasted your time? Do you thinking defending this would improve the game in the long run?

If many were asked this, I think they would change their stance.

Pretty much. They lose their jobs when that happens, and aside from tom, most are not worth much. And hatsuu has probably burned bridges with parts of nintendo in the past for defending senran from being shit on in the nintendo uk magazine. Tom is a true good heart yet naive lib, I suspect the others are of the sociopathic left variety.

Has Hatsuu always been like she is now or did she drink the kool-aid?

Probably the latter to try and get in good with the idiots. She liked senran kagura. She only sperged out at the valkyrie drive anime as far as I remember. And the kicker the anime is still more tame than it could be.

Dismiss. It's that simple. It just needs to be spread as mockingly as possible.

What was funny, it was her finding someone elses phone which had yhe anime on it. Not sure if she had any feeling on the game one way or another.

some vita gaems on sale
videogamesplus.ca/specials.php

Sad to say it, but XSeed is the new Working Designs. They don't do a great job, but they're loved for a reason that has nothing to do with the quality of their work. It might be a while before you can make fair criticisms of their work in more active threads without the XSeed Defense Force throwing a fit.

Well in English "Princess" feels derogatory as a nickname and implies snootiness, while "doll" implies fragility and beauty.

This entire post needs citations. Unlike Battleborn, which has a visible representation of how far the game's dropped off, there's no working equivalent for CR2. Even with places like psnprofiles only reporting just barely 300+ owners of the game in their records, we know for a fact that's not remotely representative of the actual sold units. As with Hatsuu & co, obviously links nigga you need to provide them.

play-asia.com/atelier-shallie-plus-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sea/13/70aolx

…how did I not know this was getting a standard release in the EU? Fuck giving NISA money, I just want a physical copy, I don't need anything fancy. This is more than enough for me. I'll have to see if I can convince this other site I use to pick it up for sale, that tend to have a better shipping rates…

Are you the same user from before who said about this sekrit store that you only know? tell me your secrets

This site has a bunch of jap vita games on sale if anyone cares. Just a heads up tho; my experience with them is it takes awhile for used games to ship, but new games ship within a week.

nin-nin-game.com/en/473-video-games

WAIT WHAT? I CAN FINALLY GET AN ATELIER VITA GAME IN ENGLISH WITHOUT GIVING NISA A CENT? I FUCKING LOVE YOU FOR BRINGING THIS TO MY ATTENTION

That site looks almost too good to be true. Figures I'd be dead-ass broke on the day I could sample from it the best, tho.

mariio128.com

It's a fairly legit HK-based seller that has Asian English releases for really cheap, and ships for a better rate than Play-Asia. They take requests to stock games, too.

Oh thanks for sharing that

So, I can confirm that the PSN code worked for me.

Finally got the Muramasa DLC after Aksys decides to never put it on sale again. Whatever, but now I have like $7 on psn and no clue what to use it on. May just save it for a rainy day. It doesnt ever expire right?

Nope, I had like 40 dollars in my psn for over a year

Can someone post the latest vita chart or raccomend some good action/adventure games?

You can buy a theme or some dlc with that

Not a recommendation chart but…>>11265244

oh thanks, i guess i was scrolling too fast.

Another question: Are there english dump of monster hunter on vita? i can't find them

What's the next lewd game to come from PQube?

Thanks for sharing user. You probably saved me a few bucks down the line. The prices for the things I want are at least a few bucks cheaper than at play asia at the moment. I wonder why they don't try harder to get noticed. I've heard of heavy arm more than I've heard of this place. Saw this site once before but forgot.

Got my second Vita in the mail today. It's in better condition than my first, the left trigger is a bit more worn than the right as opposed to the former. Now I have a console for each account I own, only need to get the money for all the asia english games I want and probably another, bigger memory card.

Also wondering if Hollow Realization is worth buying. Better question though…

Is SD Gundam G Generation worth the price, and the ~4 gigs of storage the physical copy takes up?

Yo, I'm thinking of adding a Vita title 5000 yen or below to my amazon.co.jp order. Anything you fags recommend?

Hard Mode: No rhythm games or Puyo Puyo Tetris. I already own them all.

I can read Japanese, so that's not a problem.

You can read it so you'd know what's good a lot fast than us. Just take a peek at the recommendations guide, then youtube up some gameplay on those titles.

What he said. Maybe Moe Crystal? Experience what the rest of us apparently can't.

Alright then, how about you guys tell me which game to check out and I'll grab a copy.

You have my suggestion. Also the pirates action RPG with boob size changes. Moero Tokki Pirates? Can't remember.

ok not a compile heart game

Luminous Arc has been out for ages now. Does ATLUS never intend to bring it over? If they actually advertised it then I think it could capture the Fire Emblem Fates audience who want a simple TRPG and cute girls.

Back from my trip. I'll get started on adding some more tags for Japan and Asia/Pacific releases and update the existing samples.

It doesn't expire. I'd say to save it for a flash sale or something down the line.

Not an issue exclusive to Vita to be certain. I find it more than a bit sad how many classic JRPG series have died off or been abandoned by their rights holders for whatever reasons. I know I keep hoping for a Wild Arms resurgence.

Would Atlus even have a say in it at this point, considering XSEED is pretty much the NA branch for Marvelous at this point (LA1 and 2 having been before they became a subsidiary)? Plus, even if it was still in Atlus' jurisdiction, considering they opted not to bother with Luminous Arc 3: Eyes (or maybe Imageepoch wouldn't give clearance? Not sure), I'm not sure they'd bother with the new one. LA1 and 2 aren't especially easy to find at local stores where I live (and I've had pretty decent luck at least finding the occasional copy of various niche games), so I'd wager they didn't sell too well at all here.

Still, considering how much silence there was before Exist Archive got picked up for a western release, I suppose it could still very well happen even with Infinity having been out this long in Japan if some company's interested (hopefully a good one).

Could be how they licensed the game. Although not near the same Natsume owns the trademark Harvest Moon so when Marvelous started working with XSEED for later titles in the Farm Story series they had to change the name. It could be possible, although ridiculously lazy/stupid, that they don't want to get a new name for fear that the localization company uses the name they have rights to (for instance Natsume continued releasing games as Harvest Moon not actually the Farm Story series) and either cannibalizes the market for LA or damages the brand by releasing an inferior game with that name in English. They could also just be doing the thing most localization companies do lately though, not licensing unless they know it can be "profitable" or deciding not to bring things over because they object to the material.

Something like early Final Fantasy games and Dragon Quest? I think Square Enix moving away from those types of games could have led other devs to believe that they weren't in style. There is definitely an audience out there for these type of games. And by that I mean story focused, linear, turn based combat, and a focus on team customization. Many enjoyed Bravely Default. I even got 3 people at my job into 7th Dragon III VFD despite never even hearing about the series, and they loved it. These people don't even realize they want this type of game or don't know it's out there though. They just play what's advertised because that's all they know and don't bother to look beyond that.

As for LA. Xseed isn't bad at getting word out of their games to niche audiences with their Tumblr and website updates. Showing translation blogs gets people excited for that kind of stuff. If they actually got the word to do so, I think they could make it sell if it was actually advertised or spread online. You don't exactly need ads these days for niche games.

any vita cyber monday deals?

The LEs of MeiQ and Shiren are on sale on their respective stores (iffysonlinestore.com and store.aksysgames.com

DT2, just beat the story mode.
Hollow Realization, MeiQ, Project Diva f
Nothing cause I'm broke.

Does anyone know if there are any Party Skills that use the DLC characters in DT2? I got the award for activating all the Party Skills (with base characters only) but there's still a bunch of ??? slots in the menu.

The DLC characters have the same party skills they had in the first DT game.

That game got real dark real quick.

I've been thinking more that if it's a case of prior western sales not being that well, no publisher has wanted to take a risk on the more recent ones. Kind of like how Atlus brought Metal Saga over for the PS2, but never saw reason to bring any of the Metal Max games that came after it overseas (and to this day, only it and MMR are in English as far as the series goes).

Yeah, I'm not saying there isn't an audience for traditional JRPGs, but there does seem to be some notion that turn-based combat is "outdated" or whatever, which might in turn have lead to a number of developers opting to experiment with real-time in an effort to bring their works "up to date" or whatever, with varying levels of success of failure (and they don't always have the benefit of time to have long since worked out the kinks of real-time combat, the way Tales managed to get fluidity ironed out towards the end of fifth gen). Anyhow, it's probably a mixture of people being more vocal about disliking something than liking it, and the devs/publishers listening under the notion that the people bitching about turn based combat represent the actual audience, or that they feel sacrifices/changes need to be made to get those people as customers at the risk of angering their prior audience. Though, in the case of devs just wanting to try something new, I can't exactly fault that, but it's usually best to do so with a spin-off or new IP rather than screw around with the basics of how a long-standing series works.

Certainly doesn't help that Sega saw no point in bringing the prior entries to it west.

True, though there's some games of theirs that I think needed a bit more of a marketing boost, given how hard/expensive they can be to find. I mean, I know anons are prone to bitching about marketing in general, but niche games are the ones that actually need the publisher to make that push, at least to the point of the intended audience knowing about it. Anyhow, as I speculate above, it wouldn't shock me if prior poor western sales of the DS entries might be making XSEED or any other company leery of picking Infinity up, though I suppose that it depends on just how aware various publishers are of how games handled by competing companies have sold.

At Luminous Arc's release, wasn't it compared heavily to Stella Glow, and found to be lacking in nearly all ways? Also, weren't several people who worked on previous Luminous Arc games instead working on Stella Glow, which might be why it was review more favorably? I know I looked into these games quite heavily at some point when I was craving more translations to come to North America. (including Forbidden Magna, which is currently worth exactly $25 CAD if not less since it's a one-playthrough game missing tons of cut content due to mismanagement and some potentially nefarious activity) I remember really wanting Yoru No Nai Kuni before I found out just how poorly it ran, same with Setsuna. Figured Luminous Arc 3 was in the same category.

Well, Stella Glow was kind of the swan song for Imageepoch and a successor to Luminous Arc for them. Meanwhile, I think Marvelous kept the rights for Luminous Arc as a series and as such have opted to continue with it, having given it to Fellistella (comprised of former Flight Plan employees) to develop. Granted, I can't speak of quality and difference thereof, as it's not a series I've played.

Luminous Arc Infinity isn't Luminous Arc 3. It's just that the west never got the third game (which was made by Imageepoch back when they were still the devs for it) and seems on track to not get the fourth one either.

Elaborate?

Is it finally possible to play online with pirated games? If no, are there sign for the future?

ask

That's a thread for the psp emulation on vita, what does that have to do with online multiplayer?

Yo, here is the full list of all announced and released physical NA Vita games. Its up to date as of last week. The only think that might be off is that YIIK is for sure not coming out this year, but who cares about that game at all.
The limited releases are mostly just because of LRG, but otherwise I think it was basically NISA exclusives.

Something about the CEO, Ryoei Mikage, of the development team Imageepoch going missing, and rumored to either have fled the country (with a lot of the funds he'd squandered while running business into the ground) or have been murdered as a result of his rumored ties to the yakuza. I never checked again to see what happened but I believe nobody ever found him.

gamesnosh.com/the-curious-case-of-the-missing-ceo-ryoei-mikage-and-his-game-company/

Apologies in advance, I had gotten different development woes confused, this dealt exclusively with Stella Glow supposedly being short. Seemingly a common trend among JRPG's of the time. Stella Glow, Luminous Arc, Forbidden Magna, all were apparently released with less content than expected.

Thanks, that helps a good bit. Been having to spend the last few days trying to set up something properly, so I haven't done that much more on the tab formatting end of things. Hopefully I can get what I'm doing done tonight and get back to it tomorrow.

Oh, that? Imageepoch worked on Forbidden Magna? Their Wikipedia page doesn't list that, and Forbidden Magna's own page lists Marvelous themselves as the developer.

But yeah, I get what you mean. It's weird that the CEO just vanishes and then the company goes bankrupt. Wonder if the remaining devs will rebuild themselves under a new name or join as a team working on stuff with other companies (the way a number of former ex-Nautilus devs helped out Mistwalker with Lost Odyssey after Aruze dissolved the company).

What I meant was I had gotten stories for different games with different teams mixed up. Imageepoch was Stella Glow, a different team (that I want to say worked on the original Harvest Moon games) did Forbidden Magna, and the other team you mentioned did Luminous Arc, but all of them were found lacking in one or several areas. Just got the stories mixed up in my head.

Glad to help. I can also see about writing up a few blurbs on some of the games I have played through if you are looking for any.

Oh the other thing with that list is that the Muv-Luv and Bloodstained are both kikestartes saying they will make a physical vita game. But we'll see if they ever actually do. fuck muv luv for going silent on the rewards and vita stuff as soon as they dumped their game on Steam

TH2 characters all have a set of party skills that you have to discover. Combinations of course are sitting on the Japanese wiki:

www49 atwiki.jp/dungeon-travelers2/pages/75.html

Oh, and the main website has updated with all the relevant released info on DT2-2 thus far:

aquaplus jp/dt2-2/index.html#header

Likewise if you're buzzing twitter, they're using ダントラ22 as the official hashtag.

Sure, that would be helpful as well. I'll just add what people write up to a text document for the time being, until I get the rest of the tags situated.

That wiki page only lists the base character combinations, not the DLC character combinations. I haven't found any guides for the original TH2 Dungeon Travelers that has those combos either.

Dungeoneering laifu => best waifus

I take back, I just found this. www49.atwiki.jp/dungeon-travelers2/pages/456.html#id_16fcf60a

Good luck. I'm actually surprised Walmart would even have it, but I suppose there's a difference in what tends to be on their shelves compared to what could be in the warehouse.

It would seem that an user that patched AT2 up to 5a before and then uploaded it a while back still has it in his Mega if you're needing it prepatched. Haven't personally tried the file myself yet (still getting my IDE drive set up to do so), but the checksum matched up with the ones provided by the translation team, so I would hope it plays as it should. Here's a link if you need it. mega.nz/#!61QkDYJQ!ntP5P7SduE98oI2ln1qf08CFsb4pNq1tK3rQBTQNQeI

Also, since I'm digging around for PS2 game files at the moment, apparently the first Ar Tonelico also has a fan-made patch, this one simply to subtitle the FMVs when using the Japanese dub (the game having native dual audio); from the sound of things, NISA couldn't be fucked to actually allow people playing with the Japanese dub to know what was being said if there was no text on the screen to translate. Not the last time it's happened either; I seem to recall hearing they did the similar with Natural Doctrine, and when customers complained that the endings had no translation when playing with the Japanese dub, NISA pretty much told them to go blow themselves and play it with the English dub if they wanted to know what was being said rather than fix it. Not sure if anything's changed since then, but I kind of doubt it. Just figured I'd mention it if it's of interest and you're still lurking.

Non-bumping post due to not being directly Vita related (would have been nice if Gust had ported the games to the the PSP or Vita like they have for various Atelier games) and double posting.

They have demon gaze and lost dimension, anyone knows how bad they are?

I'm hoping they're good. Got DG cheap when it was sold out everywhere because most anons said it was fine if a little easy. Got Lost Dimension on a good sale due to the premise and it being a dream team collab, despite it not living up to its potential. But since the Vita is so niche the only times you really find a positive or negative consensus on lesser known games like Lost Dimension is when people talk about it specifically, since generally speaking most people give it a "meh" pass.

… Really need to work on finishing the Vita games I'm playing.

I've heard pretty good stuff in regards to Demon Gaze in the past, and while localized by NISA, Kadokawa (the Japanese publisher for it) kept a sharp eye on them in an effort to prevent their usual bullshit.

Actually, might add to that (having double checked) that Kadokawa not only published it in Japan, but apparently co-developed it with Experience Inc. Nice to see a developer stick up for wanting the rest of the world to be able to experience their game as they intended it to be.

Neat as that rumor is, it's never been substantiated.

Demon Gaze is pretty good, actually. I can't call it one of the best dungeon crawlers, or even one of the best Team Muramasa titles out there, but it is good dungeon crawler with a solid story and fairly deep mechanics.

And for those wondering, NISA doesn't really fuck up the Experience Inc. titles, unless you consider the occasional misspelling and subpar-to-par voice acting NISA-tier fuck ups, their other titles (Stranger of Sword City/New Tokyo Legacy: Operation Abyss) are safe.

Really, DG's problem is how everything can feel underutilized, especially the main draw of the game: the demons. It's also hilariously easy to break over your kneecaps, and it has the same Team Muramasa problem of HIT/AVOID spells being the solution to everything, but it's still what I call a good game.

I ain't got shit on Lost Dimension. I think it's just a decent Turn-Based Strategy game, if slower than snails in one's asshole.

There's no chance this or Crystal will ever be in English subs, is there?

Since thread is auto-saging soon, I'm asking to the user who usually makes the threads or the other user (who is not the guy who usually make threads) that next OP be DT2-2 related again

Not making it about pic related, one of the best shooters

US PSN Mistake? Full Neon Chrome game free when you get the Free Demo
1) checkout free demo
2)full game becomes free

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=neon chrome

It's looking like no. People said that Sony's own JAPAN studio did the translation work for Moe Chronicle, and they haven't said they were working on either Crystal or Tokki Pirates. Maybe if we're lucky Play-Asia will do a menu translation for both games, but because they're RPG's I personally won't be satisfied with just that.

Here's hoping he comes back. I have to admit I don't really know much about thread upkeep in regards to the links. I literally just copy pasted the previous OP and changed the header. But if I am the one to do it again I will try to remember your suggestion. I like your comecum-hither witch, that'd probably be the image I'd use.

Did what you suggested, but the search results just bugged out for me… I can't see anything but the demo in the store. Which I guess is fine, not much interested in the game, certainly not enough to actually spend money on it. If I remember I'll see what happens when I check the store on a console.

all right new thread here. Sorry i haven't been around lately, i'm balls deep in FFXIV and it's not ending anytime soon i imagine.

NEW BREAD HERE:

has a point
last few threads have been DT2-2 related, this one aside.