Dear Anons still playing World of Warcraft:

Dear Anons still playing World of Warcraft:

What do you think is wrong with you?

I only just recently quit, but I think it was that I'm actually massively depressed and just needed something to occupy my time

I suffer from severe anxiety and depression, and have a very stressful job, and occupying my brain with numbing repetitive tasks is a better way of dealing with it than meth.

probably.

Have you considered Granblue fantasy for your autism?

I quit about 6 years ago, got a Warlock to 90, bored out of my gourd.

Only reason I did it was because my dad was playing and I didn't want to quit on him and make him sad.

Dad never really plays anymore either.

World of Warcraft is shit and I'm thinking Dad only played it because it killed time and he liked talking with his guild.

post oppai loli

I'm playing it with real life friends, at least the current expansion is better than wotlk.
From what I heard it's the best expansion since BC, but I can't judge that properly since I quit during wotlk.
I don't think I could play it by myself though

People parrot this like crazy but my *hardcore* wow fan friends got bored of it already. Like with every previous expansion.

Well yeah, of course.
If you are able to play the game 16 hours every day then you get bored of this expansion quickly. But that's going to be the case with every MMO.
I've reached that point after about 1 month, but then 1 week after my subscribtion ran out they dropped a new content patch so I resubscribed using gold.
Supposely they are planning to make new content patches every 2 months or so, which is a pretty good timespan in my opinion

I begrudgingly got back into it after a friend convinced me, it's surprisingly good.

It's not as good as BC, but I rate it better than WotLK. Some things like itemization could use improving, which is what they say they're working on. Emerald Nightmare wasn't a very good raid as it was way too easy, but Trial of Valor has much better encounters, even if it's only a three boss raid, it gives me high expectations for Nighthold.

There is grind and there's insane repetition of doing a variety of shit just to stay competitive, that's what current WoW is, an addiction to digital colored jpegs.

Well goyim you might as well make a subsciption for the whole year if you believe those plans. Some believed them during pandas and 2 months in they had barely introduced the first raid.

I keep playing another shit MMO and it makes me hate myself. I'm pretty much the best at my class on my server, I'm good at PvP, rich, etc. But I just want to delete it all and fuck off never to return to the fucking thing. I'm just too much of a faggot to go through with it. All I fucking do is log on to talk about pointless shit with a bunch of degenerates and give sage advice to fucking spics who wont even play the game in a few weeks. Why am I such an indecisive piece of shit?

sage because of my blogshit

Good thing I pay for my sub with gold.

I've bought every expansion since I started back in TBC but over the last couple of installments I've lost interest faster and faster. This time around I had a heap of extra money floating around and thought 'fuck it might as well see if I should at least attempt to level a character to 110', just after Legion's launch.

I played for all of an hour and didn't even get to 101 before I uninstalled and I haven't even really had any real urge to play since. It's a shame there's no return policy on Blizzard games and expansions like Steam has.

I never played wow when it was popular and I've never spent money on it, only played on private servers

Not really, takes me an hour or so to get enough gold for a token.
But keep arguing topics you know nothing about.

You farm 90 k gold in an hour ?

They're 45k on my server.

When I last tried wow gold drop rates were severely reduced.
How do you farm 45k gold in an hour unless you are auction jewing ?

Shit just sells for ridiculous prices, like chaos crystals for 800-1000 and obliterum for 3-4k. If you have enchanting you probably don't even need to farm if your aim is to buy tokens because you get so much from DEing gear from WQs and dungeons.

I guess that is the one good thing about the game.

I had enough gold to buy 6 years worth of game time not all at once due to the limit per month on token purchasing though, I tried legion and hated it. pvp was and probably still is shit and boy do I love there being even more RNG when it comes to loot with warforging/titanforging. It's probably the most anti-alt, anti-off spec and grind heavy expansion they've ever released.

I only log in to collect order hall gold nowadays.

dr robotnik sure is rich

I made 150k at the start of the xpac by selling ores for ridicoulous prices.
Now that these prices have dropped I'm buying ore to craft a certain quest item which is used to unlock a keyfeature of crafting, and those go for 10k on average, so I made another 250k by now.
That will probably stop working as well, but by then I will have made enough gold to last for half a year

I don't understand the fun in the base gameplay but if AH is your thing go ahead.

Gold inflation has been out of control for years. Even with the 7.1 blood trader, mats haven't completely tanked in price. 1 blood is worth upwards of a few hundred gold. The order halls make ~2-3000 gold a week. Old raids can net thousands of gold a week, between vendoring BoP items and selling off interesting transmog items and pets. The pets that drop from pet battle satchels go for upwards of thousands of gold. LFR satchels give upwards of 2000 gold, between the gold and runes. One can easily make a token's worth of gold in a week.

Speaking of Warcraft, I wonder how many subscribers it has by now. Did Legion managed to tank even lower than Gaylords of Draenor?

3.3 million pre-orders, they still won't tell the shareholders sub count anymore, Warlords got blizz 10 million subs that went to less than 4 million after a year of doing the same shit.

They recently bragged at "300,000 parties" ran the kara rehash. Times that by 5 and its not looking so hot.

That was only counting group finder.

I got hooked back in during the tail end of WoD when I decided, on a lark, to finally get a Warrior to max level just to see some storylines that I hadn't gone through before. Then I got a random guild invite and decided I'd join them because why the fuck not.

They turned out to be a raiding guild, and I ended up raiding with them during the tail end of Hellfire Citadel. The guild leader and his wife had already gone through Mythic and were pretty much carrying everyone, but I was pretty enthusiastic about it even though our guild never got past Heroic Xhul. Thanks to WoD gold farming being a joke it was pretty easy to pay for my sub with gold, too.

Then Legion came and I actually fucking enjoyed the game outside of raiding, and the feeling actually lasted longer than a month. Then I hit a slump where I'd seen enough of the new content that just experiencing it didn't matter anymore and I wanted to improve my character.

Legion's gearing system is completely fucked due to RNG. Half the class specs are fucked due to RNG. The ones that aren't are usually fucked some other way. Once you hit the level cap and get anywhere near decently geared, you run into a point where the only way to get better gear is to endlessly grind out Mythic+ for a random chance at randomly leveled gear that might be a 1% upgrade for you. Emerald Nightmare is a seriously undertuned raid, and Trials of Filler is… actually remotely challenging, but because it only has 3 bosses and the loot is fucking terrible, nobody will run it.

Unfortunately, at some point between the Legion prepatch, Legion going live, Emerald Nightmare coming out, and Trials of Valor coming out… like half the raid team quit or broke off to form their own guild. We were actually 7/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare and about to transition into Mythic, we just needed one or two more people, but enough people quit the day after we made that decision to scuttle that. We ended up filling in the missing spots with new recruits and old guildmates who hadn't been raiding, but the end result is that we went from oneshotting every boss and finishing in like an hour and a half to wiping 12 times on what is probably the easiest boss in the entire raid.

It is probably selfish of me, but I don't want to spend 6-9 hours a week wiping on trash fights so the new guys get to "learn" the encounters that I'm already overperforming on. And with the rest of the game being a complete snoozefest (outside of Mythic+ which is fucking retarded), not even being in a guild full of people I've come to genuinely like is enough to keep me playing. The game just isn't fun like this.

I'd go back to FF14 but the one person I was playing with there bailed on me to make an alt in the one fucking MMO where having an alt is pointless, then bailed on me for real to AFK in EVE as a miner or some shit.

Return to Karazhan is a Mythic only dungeon right now. The majority of the playerbase won't set foot into it for a year or so, whenever 8.1.5 or 8.2 launches and adds the Heroic and Mythic+ versions.

The fact that demon hunters are so mobile has brought a new joy to playing the game. It seems like such a small thing but with all the added movement it actually feels more entertaining than just standing still and doing my rotation until a mechanic comes up. Not to mention the movement skills themselves can be used to fight and avoid shit in the same breath.
Single target damage is mediocre though, can't have everything I guess.