Other urls found in this thread:

skidrowreloaded.com/dishonored-2-full-unlocked/
cpygames.com/dishonored-2-cpy-crack-pc-free-download/
archive.is/gOMNK
cpy-crack.com/dishonored-2-download-game-pc-full-version-crack-cpy-free/
skidrow-games.com/dishonored-2-full-unlocked/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

skidrowreloaded.com/dishonored-2-full-unlocked/

can't find anything saying this is legit so probably not legit.

You could always roll instead.

nevermind it claims its "unlocked"
but it says
at the bottom

I thought /d/ stayed on cuckchan

So how's the gameplay?
I'm asking from the point of view of people that liked the first game, else why the fuck would you even play the second if you didn't like the first, it's not gonna have different gameplay, obviously.

I'd answer that but there's no crack yet and I have 3 bucks in my checking account

Oh right, this uses denuvo, doesn't it?
Well i guess it'll take a while to get cracked on PC and meanwhile i'll wait for the opinions of anons that got it on PS4.
It'll be hard to dig trough the usual shitposting and kneejerking but hopefully i'll find a genuine opinion in the coming week or so.

It's probably shit.

It's not bad. Pretty similar to the first Dishonored. Levels feel more vertical overall.

Do you have time stop when you're preparing to blink, like daud?

I will wait of course, but that doesn`t stop me from complaining

Ok so from reading user review it seems like the game suffers from control and FPS issues across all platforms, with PC getting the worst of it, being nearly unplayable in it's current state.

No idea why this happened considering i remember Dishonored 1 running especially well on most machines back when it launched, seems like western devs don't give a single shit about optimization and bugchecking anymore.

From what I heard denuvo is responsible for the PC ports issues. I can't imagine it being another lords of the fallen where it murders SSD's, but there you go.

how many magic moves does each character have?
cuz i heard that Emily has all the cool ones.

There's a difference between unlocked and cracked

I'm assuming it means its the game but no way of playing it

Pretty much. It just means the files are no longer in that compressed, encrypted state they come in when Steam lets you preload a game

Rolling

Also, the game is shit and the faggots here that had expectations for it should be gassed.
Arkane hasnt made a good game since 2006 and Bethesda is shitting on their oatmeal.

Overall, it's a massive improvement over the original - in every way but personality. The scale of various levels rival Thief in certain respects, and in general levels are very intricate, with more verticality. They've also rooted out a myriad of issues with the original game, by tighting the AI, nerfing cover, improving AI, making guards more perceptive to sound, and by making Very Hard actually hard to an extent. If that's still too easy for you, they added a mode that strips you of powers.

I recommend you turn off 90% of the UI however, play as Corvo (as it's clearly his story), and avoid buying over powered upgrades. Again, turn off the fucking UI, it really spoils the level design of the game, as it treats you like a retard.

Also, there's minor SJW shit, but nothing too overt. There's female guards, enemies, and perhaps degeneracy. Billie returns as a main character as well, but she's not a blatant stereotype, that speaks in ebonics thank god.

That's an optional upgrade, as most powers of enhancements have at least 3 optional upgrades beyond obtaining them.

I forgot to mention, if you didn't like the original, you won't like this one either. It will probably still seem like shit to you.

How so? After all the hyping that Arkane did with Emily and stating that she was their starting point for the game, I figured Corvo's role would have basically been an afterthought thrown in to what was essentially a story designed for Emily.

Its the same fucking game

It calls back to the original game quite often, and there's returning characters. It even has you return to a place quite familiar to Corvo's character. Regardless, the actual story is very paper think, and honestly uninteresting.

It's a sequel, to an extent that's to be expected. An improvement in the sense that it addresses various issues the original had, but ultimately it's still the same, and the same people who've always hated will hate this one.

Quick question:
IF you play it as a stealth game, how good is it?
What about playing it as an action game?

The first one was a very mediocre stealth game, but a very fun action one.

If anyone already downloaded it:
Supposely, CPY cracks Denuvo games but that entire site seems very, very fishy.
If anyone is willing to try something that's probably gonna mine bitcoins while you run the game, please report on how well this works.

What about non-lethal options, does the game feature more than Choke and Green Arrows, now?

You mentioned that powers have 3 upgrades, how does that work? You buy the power and then you can upgrade it 3 times or pick one of 3 upgrades?
Does it still do the rune thing where you gotta hunt for those things to upgrade your stuff?

How is Corvo\Emily handled, when can you switch between them? Do you pick one of them before a mission and do it with that character, picking a different one if you want for the next mission?
If so, are upgrades shared between them?

Lastly, is there Newgame+ where you keep your powers for a newgame?
And is the game still capable of being a chalenge on Very Hard if you get all the upgrades you can get?

So how hard do they push the stronk independent womyn shit?

As a lethal stealth game it's certainly more open, and more lenient about detection and the chaos system. I've yet to play as Emily, so I imagine she numerous tricks up her sleeve, both lethal and non. Lethal stealth is still the best way to game, or at least a more free flow approach.

There's more non-lethal options, though several of them will arouse more suspicion, or are very loud. There's an equivalent of "Death from Above" now, that merely knocks your enemy out. You can knock out enemies when you're face to face with them, or from their side. There's also various new arrows that blind or confuse enemies, I find myself rarely using the former though, since it can put enemies on high-alert.

The 3 upgrades are mere enhancements with no chronological order, that add another trick or two towards your repertoire. The rune system is still very much in place, there's an optional upgrade where you craft runes by dismantling bone shards. The bone shard system or more robust, with more interesting

You choose at the beginning of the game who you play as, and that's it until your second playthrough. Hopefully someone can mod that out, as it would be interesting to switch between the two, like styles in Devil May Cry.

I haven't got that far yet, but I assume there isn't. However, it was modded in with the original. I imagine you'll become overpowered depending on the upgrades, but I have intentionally avoided many of them for my first playthrough, and there's a selection of passives to use instead.

I can't even really tell, there's women guards, and Billie returns from the DLC (mentioned in a previous post, but she's a developed character). You have Delilah from the DLC as well, who is essentially Rita Repulsa, and a very morally black and white villain. Ironically, most of the women are useless, slags, whores, or stupid. The game would probably trigger Holla Forums due to all the blacks, but their pandering to the SJW crowd is laughable at best.

Fuck me, I need proof read my shit.

It's fucking fun if you don't try to stealth and just fuck everything up. It supports various play styles. The combat reminds me of Dark Messiah. I heard that the PC optimization is a mess though. I play it on ps4 so it doesn't matter.

I personally recommend lethal-stealth, as the story is all but solely based within the lore, due to the game's aversion towards long cutscenes or exposition. Meaning the story is more location and mission based, with area to area story, rather than a formal narrative. Going in loud will disrupt many conversations, and you'll miss the more interesting moments of the game. All of this is similar to Thief in that respect, though handled a bit too haphazardly. The level design seems more in favor of Lethal-Stealth as well, with various ways to use objects and the vericality to kill enemies.

Pure stealth is boring dude. And I think the usage of environmental hazards against enemies resembles Dark Messiah more than Thief, though I never played Thief since I'm not a fan of stealth.

Lethal isn't pure stealth, and I didn't even say ghosting. I'd just say go at your own pace and use which ever you prefer. Switch it up a bit if you don't mind getting your hands dirty, by receiving the "dreaded" high chaos ending.

*face-cloth

The writers need to fucking hang, they don't know subtlety and just went on explaining every shit from the last game to you in a silver platter.

I'm not sure what bothers me more, the writing or the fact that they voiced the character's thoughts.

kek

Not worth bothering with.

This is why a new silent protagonist should have been used, this is the same shit they pulled for Bioshock Infinite, everything felt linear as shit and I felt like I was possessing some asshole who couldn't shut up, and the Outsider lose his mysterious charm and voice, they fucking explained his damn origins in the second game, fucking stupid of them not knowing how to use mystery, and of course, the DLC bad guy is the main bad this time just like DA Cisquisition.

I want the world to burn, listen to his voice, it's so whiny.

Well thats shit

holy shit, does no one in this industry, or any writer in current year for that matter, know how to make mystery? Fucking revealing tali's face, nanomachines and parasites, and this shit. I swear no one knows how to write something mysterious and keep it that way. And who the fuck ever cared about the outsider and his origins anyway? I never once thought about that playing the first one.

is that even possible?

Game looks like they rushed it, the art is doesn't have the feel from the first game, and god damn it, there is no chance there's gonna be a third game, even with or without Denuvo, Todd and his friends at Zenimax/Bethesda should go fuck themselves off.

He was pivotal because if you played both the base game and DLC, he seems like an asshole playing people on both sides or a curious asshole who's waiting for people to surprise him depending on the chaos you finish the game with.

Here guys, more exposition that explains EVERYTHING TO YOU LIKE A RETARD.

They also shouted it out to the top of their lungs that the Heart is Jessamine's, come the fuck on.

I know why he is important, but he should have remained some sort of trickster god just fucking with people and handing out magic powers to those he thought would bring about change with them. Now he's just some edgy faggot, and his origin doesn't say shit about his motives.

Why is this man speaking if he's going to add fucking nothing to the situation?

I doubt that. You're so much faster in Dishonored than in Thief that the levels are going to feel smaller anyway.

It gets more whiny
He sounds like some guy looking for a superhero who's gonna do low-chaos walkthroughs on each fucking game.

They all explain shit to you without an impact of how important it is, there's no finding shit out quietly unless the faggot you choose, Corvo or Emily will just spell it out for you, or the Outsider. The Outsider from the first game was better, he keeps you guessing.

Then you should have been paying more attention, dude

I wish.

So their writing skills are on par with a homeless woman.

I wan 2 fug Emily

It's always the suits, they fucked the guys who were doing Prey 2 just to scoop it out from their fucking hands and make a shittier game.

The has so many faults, but bringing Delilah back and expanding her already lame as shit reasons for making the world love her is just fucking stupid.

Nah, for that they'd need to implement directional strikes properly, instead of this half-assed "Focus Strike" shit.

Also, in Dark Messiah enemies could murder your ass in seconds if you weren't paying attention, in this game you can waste guys and girls by the hundreds while being semi-comatose.

It's like they weren't even trying. I'm kinda curious to see how badly Arkane fucked Prey 2, considering how utterly bored Raphael Colantonio sounded when talking about it.

That statement was more to give a perspective of the scale, though they are intricate, with attention to detail. In reality, they are smaller than your bigger Thief levels.

One of the writers IS a female buzzcut SJW, if anyone has her bio

I want my silent Corvo back, please.

Fucking Christ, what a crock of shit.

The whole game's been somehow even more casualised, having a voiced protagonist constantly yammering on about the same thing he was just told is another way to idiot proof the game I guess.

Also

That was such a neat little thing to notice while I was playing the game. Why fucking ruin it?

Isn't Avellone writing Prey, or at least parts of it?

The main marketing gimmick they showcased in Prey so far is that you can turn yourself into a fucking coffee cup and roll through smaller spaces that way. Also, you can choose the gender of the protagonist.

They seem to be touting it as a System Shock spiritual sequel when all I see is a boring shitfest with lame powers. All I can think is that Bethesda are such filthy Jewish faggots they canned bounty hunter in space for this snoozefest.

Serious waste of the guy's talents, though that ultimately doesn't count for shit when the rest of the game looks so unabashedly boring.

I will never not be angry about this. That game looked so fucking good, and we probably won't get a game even somewhat similar for fuck knows how long.

My thought's exactly

I remember reading about the outsiders origins before dishonored came out, I was just as disappointed then as I am now.

Is anyone from arkane left? Even for the original they realised they shouldn't give corvo a voice and that the outsider was better left mysterious.

Yeah that's literally the worse fuck Bethesda.

Original game had SUBTLETY, you could piece parts of the world through carefully distilled journals, pieces of conversation here and there, using the heart to hear secrets, etcā€¦
And there was no villain, technically if you played High chaos you were the villain (with the fisherman trying to kill you because he sees you as a monster).
Sure the regent is an asshole, the guards are assholes, etcā€¦ But they were all there when the empress was too, you have personal motive to go after the regent (and in fact your "allies" are just as assholish as the regent's) but that's about it.
There is no right and wrong but the player action and is what makes it fucking brilliant that you can forgive shortcomings of gameplay. Without that the game itself is meh.

Also why in hell did they change the outsider voice? And reveal it's mystery? Were they drunk?

Once again a sequel made by people that don't have the fucking first clue what made the game great in the first place.

A GAME THEORY

Seems to be if you liked the first, you'll like this. Some of the story choices are stupid though. Corvo speaking is bad, doubly so because he is generic McTough Guy.

Imagine what dishonored would have been like if Bethesda didn't step in and shit it up.

Wasn't the original idea for it to be about the Salem witch hunts?

Bethesda are trying hard to beat Ubi and EA for top gaming cancer.

Dishonored, Prey 2, the state of TES despite its sheer potential, paid mods, destroying Fallout.

They are defacto as bad, if not worse, than EA.

EA are shady kikes, but I haven't heard them using the same milestone kikery Bethesda gets up to to drive developers into debt and buy them out.

The game's visual design took a nosedive because the original game's art director Viktor Antonov (also of Half-Life 2 fame) was not involved.

See it like this:
EA are open about their jewsih shit. They don't even try to hide it anymore. They're suits, the eat games alive and that's it. Everyne knows what they do.

But Bethesda/Zenimax? They constantly try to tell us "it's for teh gamers xD" and the constant "we're on your side" attitude. And then they pull shit like this.
For me, it was Chutlhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. That was the point I started hating the fuck out of them. Anyone with the screencap, post it.
The only worse worse than a monster is one that tries to wear lamb's skin and pretend he's one of us.

What in the goddamn fuck.
"Hey, we have all these talented people that know their craft!"
"Why not fire them and hire interns?"
"Do you think people will notice?"
"naaaaaaaaaaaaah"
Fuck.

To this day I rage at Bethesda fucking with Obsidian during the development of New Vegas, from sabotaging QA efforts by "taking it upon themselves" (and doing fuckall, adding to Obsidian's workload), to cutting the development time short with no notice, thus forcing Obsidian to drop half the game features and planned parts, to likely manipulating the Metacritic score to Jew them out of the bonus.

And then, to rub salt into the wound, they release Fallout 4, which is a game that makes me physically ill when I merely think about it.

You also have the random Bethesda cuck that wanders into these threads and defends them by saying them and Zenimax are not one and the same, and the shit Zenimax gets up to is wholly separate from Bethesda, and this when the guy that founded Bethesda founded Zenimax as well.

OH that too.
And for extra spicy rage: Obsidian went to shit shortly afterwards too. So not only they fucked up a rather good game, they also fucked a rather good studio.
Huzzah for Todd and his Legion of Death: let all games know terror for his are the hands that slay and crash to desktop.

And I wouldn't even be this mad if Bethesda was a halfway competent developer, if they had some talent in art direction, writing and gameplay design, yet the same shitstains responsible for the abortions that FO3 and Skyrim were are still at the company.

Animations in Bethesda games are shit because the animator is Todd's college buddy, the writing is shit because the same retarded spic with no fucking idea of plot coherence or quest design keeps smearing his greasy, burrito stained hands all over it (FO4 is basically what New Vegas would be like if it had been written by a member of an inferior race of mongrels), the games are buggy and play like shit because Todd has no fucking idea how to design a game, let alone balance it properly.

His "vision" is to take whatever trends are currently popular, stuff them into the game without rhyme or reason, remove anything he's too retarded to implement properly and crown it with "IT JUST WERKS".

How the fuck can a company this amateruish keep making the money they do? Even Call of Duty puts more care and polish into their games. Even that dudebro turd has better animations, art direction and gameplay design, and the devs actually work hard to keep the game balanced. How can you consistently keep making a game shittier and will less depth than Call of Duty?

And the thing that really gets to me is that it's clear there are talented people at Bethesda. That mod showcase they did for Skyrim had all manner of cool things, Fallout 4 even had a text adventure/RPG PipBoy game, but none of this can surge to the surface because it keeps drowning in the sea of shit Todd and his cronies create by merely existing in the same space.

Zenimax/Bethesda is ran by a literal corrupt banker Jew who screwed over all his partners and was notorious for being an asshole even before he got into vidya.

And he's married to Wonder Woman.

It would be more surprising if Bethesda DIDN'T wreck everything they got their filthy hands on.

And lets not forget horse armor and paid mods.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So, are the devs going to figure out how to make that thing run at least a consistent 30 FPS on settings which make it look worse than the original game, on a machine which runs the original game with everything at high at a consistent 60 FPS?

By the time they do, the game should be 20 bucks on steam. I think I'll get it then.
No fucking way am I touching a 27 fps turd for 60 american dollars.

Remember to buy the GOTY Edition then the Remastered Void Edition for the PS4 Pro!

Has anyone at least tried that crack? Or know of another one?
I'm not gonna fork over 60ā‚¬ for the game, it's not worth that much, especially considering Bethesda is involved and probably keeping Arkane hostage, but I still want to play it.

I remenber going through the void and thinking myself that a neat theory was you were at the bottom of the Ocean. That when you went low enough, you entered the Void.

That's why whales are actually extra-planar beasts, not just regular animals, that's why they show up floating in the Void, and that's even how the letter Emily wrote for you appears the first time you visit the Void, the bottle sank to the "bottom" and made it's way to you there.

The Outsider would be just some Chtulu-like being that inhabits the depth of the Ocean and has his own plans, maybe flooding the world or simply drag everyone down to it by means of the plague. Maybe the plague was some other entity and he gives powers to people that can stop it least he has to sunk parts of the world to wash it away (like the Flooded District)

The only complaint I have regarding the outside is the voice actor change.

When?

The DLC. Don't remember which. But the DLC had a book about his origin.

Congratulations, your random thinking managed to come up with a better plot than the guys who wrote Dishonoured 2. Something like that would be a neat world and it pisses me off that there is hardly anybody in the modern western vidya industry who can make fun or interesting worlds anymore.

To be fair the book could have been about one of the many myths surrounding the Outsider. No one knows for sure if exists or not(except for the people who talk to him) and thus there are many theories and myths on how he appeared, but when HE tells you how he became to be, then it becomes a fact, unless he tells different stories to different people, like the joker from the new Batman movies, to fuck with them even more.

Do you honestly think the fuckwits that wrote this virtue signaling abortion of a game have the acumen for that kind of subterfuge?

Well why do you think Corvo speaks and tells you every option? The dev diary for Dishonored is legendary in pointing out that they had to make the game idiot-proof because some playtesters were told by a guard that they can't go upstairs - and they didn't, not letting them finish the mission and leaving them frustrated.

Playtesters, if anyone, are the biggest curse to AAA/AA games.

Considering that the Nolan movies are normalfag tier and that you play as two characters, it would have actually been easy to do it. However, considering what wrote is probably a million times better than what they did in the second game(haven't played it, just read the thread) it shows how fucking incompetent and devoid of imagination they really are.

archive.is/gOMNK

It's got Denuvo. it'll be a bit before its cracked. It's probably why it suffers horribly from performance issues too. I've noticed any game shipping with denuvo is always slow and has shit performance, as well as being ridiculously hard on the processor.

You disgust me.

That's 2/3rds the interest of a gods allure in any medium. The fact that you're never 100% sure how it happened or what they truly want. Did they replace the original writers?

They could have just ripped off Nyarlathotep and gotten away with it. Eldritch abomination that loves to appear disguised as a human and fuck with humanity for shit and giggles.

But nope, it's more important to shove in womyn soldiers and make fucking royalty go around stabbing their subjects. That's what the leader of her people does according to self-loathing Marxist cuckolds.

They got some SJW bitch who got hired because nepotism to write the game.

Said it once, i'll say it again. Denuvo is too resource-heavy. Any game with it invariably ends up running like molasses. Sure they say it works great, and theres nothing wrong with it, but its getting awfully coincidental that every game lately with it is always a resource hog and nearly unable to be run effectively.

I'm not surprised. The setting, feel, story, characters and even banter between npcs feels downgraded horribly compared to its predecessor. Well, let em lose millions again, eventually they'll learn that diversity hires dont bring in the big bux.

Cunts ruin everything, as always. I have no clue what gave them the idea they could write.

Just drop the fucking stealth shit and make it an action game FUCK

The fan theories on what the Outsider was were actually way more interesting. He was actually the mind of a great Leviathan in the depths of the ocean

New Vegas's lead writer is hispanic, and FO4's is white, you racist idiot.

The only reason New Vegas was good was because of Avellone you filthy spic. Now back to cuckchan with you.

:^)

That was the best plot twist. OH NO IT'S HITLER. J/K, it was just me. I still killed everyone, though.

He's a blue eyed redhead or blonde guy. From the name Pagliarulo, he must have an Italian ancestor.

Luis C.K. is also a soulless ginger cuck, doesn't stop him from being a spic.

*Louis
I forgot, he's also Jewish.

It's an italian name alright. Does Holla Forums call everyone they don't like shitskin?

But Italians are brown eyed shitskins.

Outsider was a kid who was abused by those in power. He was used in a ritual and ended up in the void, as a void entity himself. Harvey Smith explained it somewhere on reddit you can wiki it

Wow guys turn down the hate boner.

(What a waste)
Here's your (You).

That is a fantastic piece of pussy repelent right there.

That's a big keychain.

Tell that to mussolini.

Seriously it's pretty much a fucking meme now Don't you guys get it you are a parody of yourselves now?

I assumed that too because of the whale motifs and whale influence in the first game.

Exactly why is it they changed it from a 4000 year old kid who grew up on the pandyssian continent as part of a ritual again? The whale theory was more clear cut.

donkey kong

They're autistic, deal with it fam.

Then why compare it to Thief at all? "It is but it isn't" is bullshit, it either is as intricate and big as Thief or it isn't. And since it's just the same gameplay but improved and "with more verticallity" from the first game, then it's not as detailed and intricate as Thief.

God fucking damn it. This was the ONE game I was excited about. The trailer wasn't that great, I thought I'd give it the benefit of doubt, but then it turns out you can't switch between Characters, your protagonist sounds like a cunt, The Outsider's backstory is retarded and the plot is shoved down your throat when the first one had lore you could piece together from the various letters and journals.
They better make a good DLC with Daud or Billie Lurk.

Fallout 4 wasn't that bad

You mean Christopher Weaver? He was kicked out of Bethesda by Altman in 2002/3. He's in no way responsible for modern Bethesda's jewry.

cpy-crack.com/dishonored-2-download-game-pc-full-version-crack-cpy-free/
just found this
cpy has been cracking a lot of denuvo games so hopefully this is real.
gotta play it for myself to see if its shit.

so far so good,
no obvious viruses
60gb
just wait till I'm done with it before I find out it's bullshit

whelp, might've been bamboozeled

jesus lad did you even bother checking up on CPY themselves to see if they've officially released a crack before downloading this shit

ye

Putting aside how much a disaster the PC port is, my biggest problem is selecting between Corvo and Emily.

Despite them forcing the dead space style of bringing character to a previously silent protag, I blatantly like Corvo more. So I chose Corvo and as soon as the obligatory outsider visit comes I check my powers to seeā€¦ The exact same fucking powers as the previous game.

I was afraid this would happen, now I have to restart with a new save to see Emily's powers and weigh whether if I want the new powers or the character I want. In a single player game where story is a factor this should not be a thing.

Also maybe I missed it but there's no high jump passive ability perk thing, fuck you arkane, I don't want to be reliant on blink.

Did somebody say Bethesda Zenimax?

Cont.

Zenimax = Bethesda, there is no difference.

It's not like for example Vivendi, who owned Activision-Blizzard, and has so many shit they don't give two fucks as long as Bobby comes back with green numbers (until the slowing of perf of CoD and WoW when they decided it was time to cash out while the value was still high).

Zenimax and Bethesda are the same people using a different signs for business convenience.

Technically Bethesda is a subsidiary of Zenimax, but yes they're more or less the same.

I'm confused is this not the legit CPY site?

Wow it's fucking shit!
In the current year!
I'm shocked!

Ok I'm lost whats the real CPY website, cause it aint this

MGSV runs on any potato with no problems and that's got Denuvo.

Imagine how good it would run without denuvo

I hope you guys at least pirate. You know this tranny bullshit will spread more if you support it.

It has denuvo, so they can't.

So the company will get their money and keep making shit games? Shit Holla Forums what are you doing? Don't buy this tranny shit, believe me, not even the furfags like this.

I don't think anyone has confessed to buying it yet, most are watching gameplay videos, at least I hope they are.

Okay so I found if anybody is on the up and up for denuvo cracks. it's gonna be skidrow. so just check in skidrow-games.com/dishonored-2-full-unlocked/ here every so often and wait for it. you can download the game but not play it.
Inside and Doom are both legitimate denuvo cracks that I just tested out from skidrow so I trust them.

Give it time and it will be cracked.
Although after reading the thread I really don't know why someonme would want to play this pile of shit.

Didn't think that picture of the keychain on the box sitting in front of the game's case was to scale.

new engine

You know, I get why stealth developers want to give players powers that let them see where the enemies are. But can't they at least come up with more inventive ways of doing it than "lol wallhack powers"?

A clairvoyance power for example, where you can cycle between the view points of the guards in the area, relying on what they can see so you have an idea of where they are.

That sounds like it would be tougher to program and playtest than just going the easy and expected route of seeing through walls.

well, why not something like sonar, where you just see "soundwaves" coming from enemies, so enemies that are stationary or silent are hidden, and you don't know where they are looking but you know they are there? Surely having little circles emanate from enemies wouldn't be hard to program?

Because heaven forbid developers make a game harder to program in order to make the gameplay more interesting.

In any case being able to see what nearby guards can see really would not be difficult to program.

You can do this with roughly 100 lines of code in unity. It's not really that it's difficult, it's that it's nearly impossible to understand clearly. Sony might also have a patent on the mechanic from Project Siren, but I couldn't say for definite.

Seeing enemies through walls is pretty clear, since most enemies will have well defined silhouettes that tell you where they're looking and what they might have on them weapon wise. Looking through their eyes though skews the view of what the player sees. It's completely possible to just not understand what you're looking at, relative to where your character is. Forbidden Siren had this a lot, and I never found it satisfying to use unless I knew what each NPC's behaviour patterns were, or I could clearly tell what I'm supposed to be looking at.

I was being sarcastic, I agree that there are more clever ways they could have gone about it

One thing I thought up is something similar to Garret's eye in Thief, maybe some kind of item that has a limited area that you throw that informs you about enemies that are nearby

that just makes my heart hurt.

It's a solution, though not one I'd like players to have access to frequently. The mechanical eye requires you to look through it after placing it for it to be any use, which is good, it rewards good placement and awareness. An auto alarm built in seems too strong, or removes that required awareness (which is what I'm understanding from your post).

I don't think there is a perfect solution to the problem, but rather that the tools that you use to get around guards feel fun to use in the first place. Wallhacks work and do solve that problem, for better or worse. Are they fun? Subjective. Are they meaningful to the design of stealth games? Barely fucking ever.

Potential mechanics that could play with wall hacks or make them more meaningful could be making it heat vision instead, so it only works in short range and the info you get is limited beyond that.

Something that I think would play better is getting a patrol map (somehow), showing common enemy patterns and give you a rough idea of what to expect, without ruining the emergent gameplay available. Maybe the map is wrong too, a guard is missing or he's walking the route backwards.

These solutions don't solve every players wants or needs, but they go a way to try and get around just telling you what to do.