What are some games that cover religion?

What are some games that cover religion?

Also, any fellow Christians here on Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_brotherhoodss25.htm
store.steampowered.com/app/387010/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rome: Total War
Medieval: Total War

And ofcourse, most of us here are Christians. It's the truth and everything in the Bible literally happened (too much overwhelming evidence and proof over the years). Darwinism is falling apart and people are looking back to scripture again.

Ignore the edgy atheists, they are just baiting.

Crusader Kings 2 has some minor religion mechanics. I always play Zoroastrians with the Rise of Islam mod though. It's not fun getting forcefully converted because the Islamic fucks fight a holy war for Mesopotamia and win.

Stronghold Crusader, self explanatory. Also it has a religion mechanic to keep people happy.

Well, Castlevania has kind of a Christian-theme, doesn't it?

HAIL CHRIST

What the fuck is happening with the deleted posts? Mark, what are you doing?

Katawa Shoujo.

The west localization censor all the fucking crosses.

Excuse me what? I remember playing Dracula X Chronicles and it had crosses. I remember older Castlevanias also having them.

What do you mean "covers religion"? Do you mean Christian symbolism? Christian allegory? Christian values? Where it discusses actual Christianity? A lot of games had Christian symbolism in it heavily even if it later got removed (zelda lttp). Halo 1-3 was explicitly a Christian allegory of the passion (one of the writers had a masters of theology alongside his writing credentials). Septerra Core explores the idea of sacrifice and salvation. Castlevania is generally loaded with imagery, and in LoS he defeats satan by literally praying to God for forgiveness. You have the crusader games.

im catholic, play inquisitor

Bayonetta and DMC have a lot of christian symbology, as well as Darksiders. Bloodborne has a lot of it with the victorian theme and the church, and to an extent the churches in any of the dark souls could count.
Where the fuck do you think you are? Also stop trying to stir shit up like this, you know this is just begging for Holla Forums or the flat earther, or the guy who believes in giants to show up.

That shit is on sale right now on steam.
I wouldn't recommend picking it up any other way.

Because after the first act it just becomes a hack and slash and loses the story focus that made it palatable.

I'm a very conflicted christian but i guess i count too.

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree the world is flat?

Then why doesn't it break when i jump?

Dragon Age Inquisition very vaguely brushed on religious themes. Which is the only reason I got it in the first place.
Shame the game was boring as hell.

I want more games to cover faith.

Not religious, but fascinated by Religious.

>>>/christian/

OHBOYHEREWEGO.PNG

Darklands.

Messiah and The Testament of You come to my mind.

How are those christian gaming guys doing?

I'm pretty sure El Shaddai has some heavy Christian background. I've heard it's good.

feels bad man even though I'm not religious 11/10 would crusade with

Breivik was a fucking retard. Instead of killing the sandniggers and jews responsible for multiculturalism he kills the kids in the process of being brainwashed? What a jackass. Hope he rots in hell.

it's more a philosophy

Most Castlevania games did, specially on Nintendo consoles. The one I remember from the top of my head is Super Castlevania 4 and of course Dracula X, the original.

I see he didn't remove enough of you :^)

Theocracy and Pharaoh, if you dont please the gods on Pharaoh they throw a tantrum and break your stuff

bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_brotherhoodss25.htm

Xenosaga, but it's mostly gnostic. Halo trilogy was already mentioned by
, which I'd probably say is the most Christian videogame series I know of (not saying much). Castlevania is pretty good, IIRC Symphony of the Night ends with an Ezekiel quote.

Bloodborne/Souls spurn established religion a la Christianity, but are still philosophically inclined to explore things like substance monism, blood consciousness and samsara.

40k games have faith in the Emperor as a key pillar of the setting, though arguably in parody. Darkest Dungeon has characters with similar religious fervor.

I wish the Maker, Flemeth's pact and the concept of the Golden City were further explored, it's a shame everything went to anime-tier We're all quirky demigods! XD That's what I get for showing interest in trash games, I guess.

Final fantasy tactics wotl does a pretty good job covering religion.

Actually, the question of faith and religion's place in the setting is a very interesting one. The Emperor originally wanted to abolish all religions and was understandably upset when people started referring to him as the God Emperor. He wanted to promote the "Imperial Truth", which was essentially atheism and humanism mixed together, in order to eliminate superstition and thus weaken or eliminate Chaos. This sounds reasonable when you consider that Chaos literally forms from the emotions and psychic energy of intelligent beings.
Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to not be superstitious when a demon manifests and kills someone right in front of you. It's even harder when your faith in the God Emperor is actually capable of repelling the demon. Ultimately, faith in the God Emperor became a vital instrument for mankind's survival both to embolden soldiers in their struggle against horrifying xenos and cultists and to be used as a weapon to push back the corrupting influence of Chaos itself.
/autism

His dream was flawed

What do you mean by cover? Games that feature religion as some major part of the plot in some way or another? If that's what you mean, then plenty of games that cover religion. If you're talking about games that merely use symbolism and other elements from various religions, there are plenty of games like that, too. Gothic, Thief, Final Fantasy, Dark Souls, and pretty much any game with a fictitious religious institution will use religious elements, to name but a few.
Of course not, most of us here are Atheists. It's the truth and everything Richard Dawkins says will literally happen (too much overwhelming evidence and proof over the years). Creationism is falling apart and people are looking forward to a world where logic and science are more important than faith.

Ignore the edgy theists, they are just baiting.

Oh yeah, the setting is pretty open on faith in the Emps actually working. The nuance comes in when you try to determine whether or not the Imperial Cult is being portrayed as a cynical depiction of organized religion manipulating an ignorant populace or simply a plot device to provide us with badass space crusaders. I guess after so much development of the IP the answer is probably both, or depends on which writer you ask.

What are some games that depict some interesting non-Abrahamic religion (it can be made up)? Here's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Specifically the Tribunal, which is inspired by religion in some South American civilizations as well as Hinduism and Buddhism
The healing church certainly has some of the aesthetics of western religion but certainly not anything else about it given that it is inspired by the eldritch horrors of HP Lovecraft
They are all about or inspired by Shinto-Buddhism
I'm not really sure if it was inspired by a specific cult but its pretty much about a global apocalypse from the mass dissemination of a cult-like meme. I don't think they explained it very well and it wasn't very necessary for a VN series about murder mysteries (it could have just been a fucked up game show or something) but I guess it counts for this thread.

His plans werent perfect, homever, take into account that is HARD AS FUCK for someone to see a demon, and if they do, they will most likely die.

Its both, it started as a primarch being autistic, continued as a way to make people in the imperium CALM THE FUCK DOWN, then it was a tool of manipulation, and now is pretty much mememagic on steroids (just see the miracles of the sisters of battle), still a tool of manipulation though.

More Lovecraft

Don't really know how to classify this. It's just Eastern European weirdness.

I haven't finished the first game yet, but there's some kind of underlying supernatural presence to it

I almost forgot Spode.

Enderal, the Skyrim mod, has some characters that go full fedora at times. I think they tried to make a "both sides have faults" thing but pushed too far one way.

Almost had me there for a second

Dante's inferno?
I'm Christian too

Why does Holla Forumsand /christian/ fags regard christianity so much? I mean, I'm all for theology since we need a moral model for the masses to follow, but at this day and age Christianity is fucking flawed in every way. So why stubbornly stick to Christianity? Do you faggots actually believe all the bullshit on the bible other than "Don't be dick to each other?" Don't you think that creating a theological moral model right now is better than sticking to 2000yo shit?

I guess Christianity is the best option we have right now, but is by no means the best one we could have.
They're practically the same shit, Islam just have a shitty DLC and they're both terrible moral models right now.

What moral code would you preach then?

I'm not a christcuck just a person who isn't a psychopath and lets empathy guide my morals.

Why are you replying to a thread made by a (1) and done OP?

Reminder

The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil.

– Sister Miriam Godwinson, "The Blessed Struggle"

It doesn't exist yet. Why can't we just carefully make another moral code? There are some things in the bible that are useful for moral guidance, besides the obvious ones, but most of it is shit you only saw 2000 years ago.
If it were for me, logic and empathy should be the key guidance to moral, with an omnipotent being as leader, of course.
That's cool, but we need something to guide masses, because people need to believe in something to behave like fucking humans.

I've had this doubt for a long time, I might make a thread on /christian/ or Holla Forums. I just want to know if any of you faggots genuinely believe in God and not just "It's good for everyone else" kind of deal.

So clerics are shonen faggots with power levels and that kind of shit?

No, they are very obstinate and believe in one man and one woman relationship, it's very pertinent to their religion.

I come bearing relevant information

store.steampowered.com/app/387010/

Do you also take the bible so literal?

Am I really in some kind of mistake here?

You haven't been to frog-poster board in a while, have you?

Honey Select

I'm gonna need that card

No, but I know your mom takes my dick literal.

You seem to be confusing sorcerers with wizards.

(check)
What ever the opposite of Pokemon would be

I just wanted an excuse to post this picture