Is this the holy trinity of stealth games?

Is this the holy trinity of stealth games?

May as well download a ps2 emulator

May as well play the PC versions instead

Stop shilling this stupid video

Here's the holy trinity right here.

It explains how fucking shite stealth games have become.

New hitman is pretty good gameplay wise. Would not recommend touching it until a few years though because of the cancerous business model and always online DRM.

Blacklist is not very good, but I don't know anything better. Maybe Human Revolution or Dishonored 1

i never played blacklist and i know you haven't either.
cancer business model aside, hitman is pretty good

Fuck off Jade

Jokes on you, it came free with my graphics card so I didn't have an excuse not to play it.

It's a poorly-written video that explains little to nothing, it doesn't even focus on stealth games for the majority of the time.

Not by being episodic and having online exclusive shit it isn't

Maybe because it talks about AAA GAMING in addition to Thief like the title says.

online exclusive shit like a fucking suit that looks like your normal suit but with a clip on the tie? Maybe those amazing throwaway contracts you have to do to get said suit that even people who own the game don't give a shit about?

Right, so then it wouldn't be good because it "explains how fucking shite stealth games have become", which was the original claim, since it doesn't do that at all. Doesn't explain AAA gaming very well either.

Blacklist is shit, Hitman is episodic but supposedly pretty good, and the only bad thing about MGSV is that the story was shit. Also there's reflex mode, but you can turn that shit off, so that's fine in my book.
Thief is dead. It's dead, and it's never coming back. I'm sorry.

$1 has been deposited in your account
For which AAA dev do you work?

Are you fucking retarded? Arguing against direct-linking a low-quality monetized Youtube review over and over again is shilling?

No. There is a contender you never speak about because he is a manlet. But said manlet is fucking great.

Don't you want to play jades game?

You really have to ignore an insane amount of flaws in gameplay to say Styx is anything else than decent. That said, I hope the sequel fixes those problems.

I wish I could find a copy of Shinobido 2.

I don't see the flaws to be that many. And are you saying shit like hitman or the phantom pain lack flaws ?

Well the movements pretty fucking clunky. That's the reason I dropped it personally.

As compared to what ? I haven't had this much jumping/hanging/sneaking mobility in a stealth game in a long while.

I came to it after playing the original thief games and the dark mod.

there is a new stealth game were you play as a woman that needs to move a little girl from a to b, and evade or kill all the guards, but if you are seen its instant death.
Anyone know what was the name? they did some PR, released the demo and depending of the score they would give a discount on release day.

Mark of the Ninja should really be in the consideration for this list, at the least.

Is original thief even mobile ? In what way is styx less mobile than thief 1 ? Maybe he runs slow, but he can climb, crouch into small paths, move under tables and etc.
In what way is the mobility lacking besides speed ? His turn rate is good, he can hang from edges, hide in pots, cupboards, chests, vents and etc.

Shadwen

You don't seem to know much about stealth, considering how hard you bit that bait.

I hated how hugging walls makes you more hidden than just standing next to them. Although, another user pointed out last time I brought this up is it's primarily only for the tutorial section so I'd have to test it myself. I can't remember off the top of my head how contextual everything was, like ducking under tables.

A big part of it is I just prefer first person for stealth and speed is king.

anyone played it yet? how was it?

Can we talk about Thief fan missions?

That spooky pyramid one was breddy spoog. Nearly shat myself when the floor dropped out from under me and dumped me into a branching catacomb maze with chalk arrows scribbled on the walls with a mummy chasing me. Fucking love Egypt shit.

This feel.

Probably the most fun I've had in a stealth game is with the metal gear solid games. Currently re-playing TPP with the Infinite Heaven mod and suddenly the game is so much better. You can deploy with Subsistence mode anywhere now.

The PS2 one? It's on isozone, I can download it and put it on the vola if you want

Wall-hugging makes it feel like you are really trying to not get noticed as opposed to just walking by everyone.
You are not even listing those major gameplay flaws outside of personal preferences for speed in a game about sneaking around.

Shinobido runs almost silky smooth on pcsx2.

Styx is good shit, yo. Flew under so many people's radars.
it's such a good stealth game people never even noticed it's very existence

I mean I opened with
Which is a pretty subjective thing to say. Having to contextually hug a wall you're already standing next to feels pretty clunky to me imo.

Also
This is the cancer killing the genre.

How??

Have you ever actually sneaked around people ? You try to be as silent and as least likely to be detected as possible. Hugging the wall helps. It also gives you that peek ability.

It's a game about sneaking around past rotating and stationary guards, why would it be fast?

Come on dude. You're trying to apply real world rules in a game about a goblin breaking into an elven city that has cloning magic, and I'm talking about a game with magic architects and hippies.

There is no reason it needs to be slow. In fact, Thief IS slow until you finally get to good enough at it where you can time your jumps/leans with your blackjack hits, and clumsily rushing around ends up fucking you over to. It has a level of finesse.

You can also go really fast in Styx, but you have to be good at it. Look up the Swiftness + Ghost + Mercy runs some people do.

Rotations of guards here often involve waiting and running by default makes noise that reveals you unless you have dedicated upgrades.
You can get faster if you get good, but at start you won't be.

You can't even explain the flaws properly. You want to run a game where running makes noise and reveals you.

Thief has the same thing.

And running doesn't make noise in Thief lol?

I think you're mistaking me for b384a9 (1) at this point, because I basically just said one of my gripes with the game. I wasn't the user who said "You need to overlook some serious flaws"

I honestly played the first 2 missions and just dropped it, because I couldn't stand the pace of it and wall-hugging made it feel even more bogged down.

I looked at them and they're kinda slowish. I might pick the game up again though once I fix my desktop.

The new Hitman game is actually my favorite Hitman one. Codename 47 is too… well.. primitive and shitty. Hitman 2 a great game but guards are too schizo. Contracts has an unbelievably god tier atmosphere throughout. Blood Money was GOTYAY, but there were quibbles I had with it like a few of the levels, the tacked on notoriety system, and the pointless customization options. I liked Absolution, less so than Blood Money, but I felt the hand to hand system was visceral and made sense for the world's greatest assassin to know how to do more than throw two punches followed by a headbutt. But I just about like everything about the new Hitman except for the episodic nature of it. The live content system plus the online only 'bonuses' are a nice touch though, especially since they've kept updating the game throughout the past year. Also, crushing a motherfuckers still beating heart and then tossing it into a trash can like a used kleenex is incredibly badass.

More like only trinity.

AYO, YA NIGGAZ MUST BE OUTCHA FUCKIN MIND
FUCK IS Y'ALL NIGGAZ…
OH MY GOD, Y'ALL NIGGAZ CAN'T BE SERIOUS

That name will never make me cease to laugh, it's like they asked a nigger for an name for a vidya

Superb

It sounds like something you'd see a Shadman fan say whenever a new movie/game comes out and they want someone to validate their disgusting fetish.

intrigued, what about it was so good?

I guess speed turns you off the game. For me it being slow fits perfectly with the theme.

Good meme.

He also mentioned dishonored so you know his tastes and standards are shit.

Nothing special about any splinter cell game. Levels are extremely linear and sometimes were just awful. The banter was top tier at times though.

where's the brick wall? All I see is Snake.

yes
no

i remember watching reviews that made it look very gimmicky and never talked about the fantastic leveldesign. if i wouldnt have gotten it for free by chance, i would never have tried it.
everyone who likes stealth games should give it a try

you dumb fucks aren't getting the point of the OP at all
it's a jokepost, all of the new games are shit and the thief franchise doesn't even exist anymore

But Thi4f released after Blacklist

They augmented everything except their fucking eyes. JC would be disapointed.

It was basically one side was playing call of duty, but the other side was playing regular splinter cell, and it was fun because you had to be stealthy against actual human opponents and not the dumbshit AI that you could just cheese. Look up gameplay of Spies vs Mercs. I haven't seen a multiplayer stealth mode do anything like it, because the spies get the full freedom of 3rd person, while the mercs are restricted to 1st. The spies can parkour and climb and the mercs cannot, but the mercs get heavy weapons and armor while the spies guns were pretty weak.

shit game

Say, Is that Deus Ex: HR?

Linear levels are automatically bad?

It's probably Mankind Divided