We've had threads about deep villains, and threads about villains who are evil for the sake of being evil...

We've had threads about deep villains, and threads about villains who are evil for the sake of being evil, but what about villains who are beast-like creatures who only want to survive?

big boss

Gwyn, technically.

He probably has the best Sith name in existence

Giygas/Giegue was so pissed off about losing to a bunch of singing kids that he turned into a (meta?)physical embodiment of pure assmad. It isn't a beast-like creature so much as it is a manifestation of butthurt.

There is no beast-like villain greater than Lavos.

Dungeon Fighter Online is full of them.

What a weird fucking game. I have to finish it yet.
Slayer best class.

Here's a good two-for-one. The Comet and Dark Gaia.

is that steven universe

And one of most intimidating sith there is.

Most monsters in monster hunter are really just giant Reptiles and fish.

They're not villans though. The player is typically the one antagonizing them.

And one of the laziest and most anti-climactic mid-game-boss fights ever. Kreia was a mistake. Darth Nihilus should have been the final boss.

Monster Hunter "villains" tend to be on the level of a "force of nature" rather than a conscious villain. They threaten humans simply by moving, creating earthquakes and volcanoes in their wake. Since the monsters themselves are also nature, there is also a trend to have one bigger badder monster drive all of the other monsters into a single area – where the hunter must fend them off to preserve humanity like you would build a sandbag levy to fend off a flash flood.

What about these guys?

They are more like containers of the villains soul.

That's like saying you should knock down the wall of a prison because a bad criminal is there. The colossi are the sealing mechanism.

Well, that's exactly what happened.

Dormin was like the prisioner and the colossi the walls. Wander took down the walls because Dormin promised to revive his girlfriend. I mean… what could go wrong, right?

Bit of an odd mixture, in that it's comprised of a pair of humans (at least one of which is still sentient and very aware of what it going on) and an all consuming parallel universe, the latter of which was bound into the humans to make it killable (the process of doing so apparently requiring incest or some shit), but had the unfortunate side effect of horrendously mutating them into this thing. The human part feels no anger or hatred towards the main characters (indeed, it feels happiness to have known them), while the other component viciously fights for its very existence. While what remaining consciousness attempts to hold their new being back somewhat, the rest seems to have the instinct of a cornered animal desperately lashing out against its newfound mortality and enemies that wish to euthanize it. The humans want to save their world, and it just wants to eat all of existence (it's prior intangibility having let it escape attempts at confinement "like a lizard discarding its tail").

That was a nutty fucking game. A really good one, but a bizarre one nonetheless.

Dormin did nothing wrong. Kept their promise, only attacked in self defense, and even managed to bring back Wander for some ara ara~ when the kike shaman had him shot like a dog.

Well, he did tricked the kid. I'm sure losing his body and becoming the vessel for an ancient dark god wasn't part of the deal.

I'm sure that wasn't part of his original plan either.

Both sides on this game

You're fighting it INSIDE Altaecia. Irving fucked her and summoned the Kuiper Belt into the fetus, the same way Baskars summon Guardians, or in later games, Beatrice is able to act from the archives.

Also, LORD BLAZER HAS A FACE AND ISN'T A GIANT BUNNY MAN BUT THE POPE.

What game? Looks a bit like Wild Arms from the thumbnail.

Wild ARMS 2. Really interesting plot.

I knew it. Thanks.

As was stated prior, Wild Arms 2. If you like JRPGs, it's great aside from the translation work feeling like it needed some more time in editing for proper flow. If you live in PAL though, they got cucked from ever having an official version for whatever reason, as has been ever so prone to happen out there. Thankfully there's emulation, the game works fine as an eboot on a CFW PSP, and it's possible to have a NA PSN account even if you live in PAL.

Somehow I didn't quite put that together initially, but it now makes sense that you're somehow fighting in a giant womb, given the drastic difference in background between the prefight and fight. I really have no idea how they managed to get the party inside though.

Look at the center of the core. The white part is a fetus.

I meant more that I didn't put it together until thinking on it more. I thought it was more of one of those odd "final/semi-final battle gets trippy background" and didn't realize the setting for the battle had outright changed. Seems pretty dumb of me in retrospect. And yeah, I see the fetus in there. It's mostly obscured but some attacks seem to drop the fogging or whatever in the orb, or at least shift the camera.

On that note, I guess this means that they killed three people in the process of this, not two (depending on how one views a fetus, anyhow). Gives even more reason for why the party is disgusted with how things turned out afterward, wondering if they even did anything heroic (and prompting Ashley to fall into a despair deep enough for Lord Blazer to emerge).

Deus only wanted to be revived so it could go to Earth

The Masked Man wasnt really evil and didnt really want to survive
So he became an hero

So it could assimilate the remaining Relics of God and rule unquestioned until Heat Death. It's fractured spawn, Lavos wants the same thing. You saw how badly that went when they found another Contact Serge/Schala.

I come back to this thread, and I see that nobody checked my numbers. Disgraceful.

Disgraceful.

Do we even know if Dormin is evil? It could be that the shitskin mages are some evil cult that sealed away a deity that ruled the lands with fairness and justice

This boss is more than deep, it's profound

Gygas just needed a hug.

A sexy hug.