Digimon Thread

Since this series appears to be having a resurgence, post about Digimon

Between digimon world 1-3, which one do you anons enjoy the most?

Let's get this out of the way.

Go back to >>>/zoo/ u weeb

Pokemon is shit
Digimon is best game in every way

3,but I never played 2, and I need to go back and try 1.
what new digimon games are out that have fan translations, I think I have a copy of re:digitize that may have been translated.

They make reference to the 02 gang but it is simply that they went missing aka got fucked by evil Ken and nobody cared.

I do agree with you, it is pretty shit.
I hate that Tai who spends so much time being pissy and caring about innocent bystanders and property damage when they and the digimon are not superman.
It felt like there was a stab at trying to be persona, but I don't have any hard evidence considering the obvious pre-existing similarities.

new order for the vita has a translation

a > sign implies one is superior to the other

3, but only because of nostalgia.

Why.
Have they really run out of ideas that fast?

pokemon = digimon

digimon 2 was so fucking fun to me, maybe it was just my infantile 9 year old mind that enjoyed the confy, slow ass progression, but i loved the shit out of it. And i probably spent 50+ hours doing the same dungeons over and over to farm chips.

also digimon 3 was a masterpiece, there's no better digimon game than World 2003, the card minigame, the long ass story, the constant backtracking, the hidden bosses, the hidden gear, the infinite tunnels post-game, it really has everything.

Digimon world is superior to every mainline Pokemon game

3 by far. I spent a lot of time on it and I feel like I haven't played it enough.

eh, don't really care.

cyberslut was ruined for me the moment i realized you can't train your stats past 100 train points, what a fucking load of bullshit

FUCKING NORMALFAG GET OUT OF MY GAME

This never ceases to amuse me. I mean, sure they are data so they can make shit like that but it is still pretty weird.

vegan faggot detected

What? user I love meat. I just think it is silly to grow meat like you would grow vegetables.

made you say it

Now say it while licking your lips.

Which digimon has the best meat?

There's only a couple digimon I'd feed my meat to.

i'm slowly making my way through the ds games, so far digimon world ds is OK, but its no world 3

user, I asked the opposite question

How about a male rena with tits? I think that'd be a happy medium for me

Oh boy the gays are here.

I didn't realize Red Letter Media was that obscure.

Sorry user, I'm pretty culturally introverted

I think everyone knows that the blue falcons are the worst group at least

They were trying to get Rich Evans to say the following while licking his lips.

>never finished it
>Digimon Rumble Arena would be great if the framerate wasn't so shit and the battles lasted longer.

If back then a comparatively small team of people with a small-to-medium budget could create games like DW1 then why has no one tried again nowadays? Fuck, just remake it and expand on it.

Hope you like that gameplay because nearly all the DS games play the exact same way. I think the only one that doesn't is Championship.

What the fuck is wrong with you

And one frame is all blurry too

I saved it from a previous Digimon thread, sorry if that tickled your autism.

The one thing that gets me about Digimon world 2 is the first boss theme. It does not in any way sound like something you'd hear from the tutorial boss.

best digimon game for gba?

Its blurry because it was re-interpolated because it was stretched/scaled, rather than cropped

But user, I'm not gay

AGUMON BECOMES GREYMON AT ZERO DP

WHY IN HELL DID I HAVE TO GET THIS UGLY TURD

Battle Spirits

And I'm not straight. A conundrum!

In order, World 2 is the best followed by World 3 and at the bottom, World 1…but all 3 are far better than bloody World 4.

user…I feel bad for you.

Gold Hawks 4 Life.

You know what bothers me in World 2? Skull has a fucking Rookie in his Coliseum Theme, Vandar has an all Data team (and all Mamemon themed to boot) and Cecilia ran an all Vaccine team (and the cheapest team too)

This game is pretty fun. I'll try to find a copy.

Hopefully you can get that fixed one day.

Same to you

You can't unsuck a cock though

Fucking Weedmon.

The gameplay of 1 is more satisfying when building up your digimon but I prefer my RPGs to have a more 1 to 1 type of input instead of trying to tell my monster what to do, 2 was kinda mediocre dungeon crawler which was fine but it was way too fucking slow to where you could go 7 hours of playing and not make any progress, 3 is probably my favorite because it looked the best and was a fairly decent rpg if a little uninspired.

Nokia is mai waifu.

1>3>2

i bet she gets fucked by wargreymon and metalgarurumons digicocks every night.

post futa renamon scat

I've never beaten 1 and 2 is just too slow

That would mean that every other season is shit, since Tamers is arguably the best season.

Digimon world 1 is an unplayable piece of shit which puts monster raising before any sort of actual gameplay and even when you do get strong enough to explore it's just watching and hoping your Digimon does what you need it to do.

Digimon world 3 and the DS games are far superior games in every possible way but no one gives a shit about them as they lack nostalgia for them.

You unlock more advanced commands the more intelligent your monster is, down to which technique they should use.
You aren't supposed to spend forever in the gym, the game actually penalizes you heavily if you train more than 3 or 4 (depending on level) times a day.
Rest is supposed to be exploration or FIGHTAN

The game of course never explains any of this ever

Why is Digimon so lewd?

I have no idea but I'm okay with it.

Because they know it will help move copies of games, I'm not complaining

>N-no not Patamon, he's been my favourite since I was a kid
I still want to believe they're building up to something with the Adv2 cast

What is wrong with you?
I don't think you ever bothered to learn to play the game, the raising is an important aspect but if you're doing things right then most of your time is spent exploring and solving problems to get more digimon to join your city and unlocking new areas.
Shit talking a game you don't even know how to play is some faggot shit.
I think Digimon world 3 is great but it's still this just a turn based JRPG. World 1 has this really detailed, well constructed world where close to every screen has something interesting going on.

Lady Devimon sure has nice melons

YOU NEED TO LEAVE

Kek, mine was DICKS Island.

Fucking honestly, text to speech voice quality AND conversation recognition have exploded in accuracy in the time since Façade was made. It’s high time we got a truly open-scenario RPG where your statements aren’t pre-determined and their answers follow what you say.

You mean le weird coffee mixes Royal Knight. Digimon just have weird taste buds

I love how Cyber Sluts randomly had a shit ton of yuri subtext even without playing as a girl.

what

If 2 guys fuck a girl, they're cucking each other.
If a guy fucks 2 girls, he got 2 girls.

what if the guys would also fuck each other?

because i would fuck agumon, gabumon, and nokia

The fact remains one of them is watching the other fuck the girl at some point.

post more huge tittied digimon

Not if they only put their dicks in her pussy at the same time, faglord.

Why the fuck isn't UlForceVeedramon in Dawn/Dusk, but Aero is?

I was pissed when I found out it's Goldramon as the Mega instead. I know Digimon isn't as consistent with its evolutionary lines like Pokemon, which makes things more interesting overall, but come on, there was literally every other Veedramon member yet not their Royal Knight? Aren't Royal Knights supposed to be the most iconic Megas?

I know I got one of these games to finally own a true Digimon RPG, have it in the palm of my hand and get Dorugoramon and ShineGreymon, but I can't help but feel bitter about having to Armor Digivolve my Veemon instead of what I planned on.

I continue to be a giant fucking autist and added some more info to my "I don't want to waste my time in Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode when the fan translation comes out, so I'm trying to map out the final two stages of every Digimon" list. I'm pretty sure this list is mostly correct, given that the guides for this are either only barely better than Digimon World guides pre-2011 or in Japanese (possibly both). Here it is, in no particular order and with notes.

MegaKabuterimon > Magnamon > Magnamon X
Andromon > Boltmon
Myotismon > Barbamon
AeroVeedramon > UlforceVeedramon > UlforceVeedramon X
Etemon > PlatinumNumemon
Angewomon > Ophanimon
Okuwamon > HerculesKabuterimon
Garudamon > Hououmon
Gigadramon > Machinedramon > Chaosdromon (NG+ only, but you'll need to clear Mt. Infinity anyway)
GrapLeomon > BanchoLeomon > Chaosmon
Cherrymon > Puppetmon
SkullGreymon > ShineGreymon
Zudomon > Vikemon
Taomon > Sakuyamon
Digitamamon > Titamon
SkullMeramon > Beelzemon > Beelzemon X
DoruGreymon > Alphamon
Paildramon > Imperialdramon FM > Imperialdramon PM
IceLeomon > SaberLeomon
Piximon > MarineAngemon
BlueMeramon > Piedmon
Vademon > HiAndromon
MagnaAngemon > Seraphimon
MachGaogamon > MirageGaomon
Mamemon > PrinceMamemon
MegaSeadramon > MetalSeadramon
Megadramon > Darkdramon > Chaosmon
WarGrowlmon > Dukemon (re-incarnate to VictoryGreymon unless I'm a fucking retard and can go from Dukemon X)
MetalGreymon > WarGreymon > Omnimon > Omnimon X
MetalTyrannomon > RustTyrannomon
MetalMamemon > MetalGarurumon (re-incarnate to ZeedGarurumon, keep Digimemory for Omnimon)
Monzaemon > MetalEtemon
RizeGreymon > VictoryGreymon
Lilamon > Use a fucking item to get Dukemon, you'll probably have two if you used QR codes and did the colosseum > Dukemon X (Alternitively, save it for NG+ and BlackWarGreymon from WarGreymon)
Lillymon > Rosemon > Rosemon X
Lucemon FM > Use a fucking item to get WarGreymon, you'll probably have two if you used QR codes and did the colosseum > Wargreymon X
LadyDevimon > Laylamon
WaruMonzaemon > GranKuwagamon
WereGarurumon > ZeedGarurumon

if it's not Omegamon or Dukemon then it's a 2nd class royal knight.

Adjusted the eyelashes
Now it's male

still would

Trash. I bet it doesn't even have a pussy like all the other western "futa" shit.

nice opinions fam, you can kill yourself now.

3 by far. Soundtrack was cool, all the completion stuff is cool, progression abilities were cool, and you could, in general, do a lot of shit and beat the game with multiple strategies, not just the same shit. Although counter crest still op.

For someone who never has played a Digi game, what's the best place to start?

Digimon World

The first one is kinda obscure in some of it's mechanics, but it's still a blast to play through.
Gonna give you some warning though: don't bother training all that much. Battles will help you train your digimon a lot better (if you keep fighting mons higher level than you).
It does drain away your money on healing items.
After that, make a thread on shit you don't know or find a guide.
After that, skip 2 or play it if you want, I don't care because World 3 is one of the best games I've played so far.

Run either World 1 or 2. If you start at World 3 and then go back, you'd be disappointed…like I did. (Still love World 2, by the way. I got fond memories of World 1 but fuck that limited lifespan thing, I loved my Centaurmon…that Fire Tower spamming baby)

i wish someone remade Digimon World with some of the newer digimon.

truth is, Digitize is pale and straightforward in comparison to world 1, they focused way too much in coliseum shit and in making your trainings a living hell, almost all of the "extra content" in Digitize is shitty coliseum battles that nobody cares about.

Cyber Slut suffers from something similar, the content is straightforward and pale in comparison to digimon world 3, where you had to explore to find things you could interact with, the dungeons are tiny little rooms with one or two "forks" in the road, and one of them ALWAYS leads to a dead end with an item. you didn't have a case file for the tree kicking boots or the fishing rod or for any of the super weapons/armors, you had to FIND OUT on your own.

digimon games are more of a market scheme at this point and they're targeted towards the modern generation of japanese casual otakus and mobile gamers. nothing we can do about it, the golden age of vidya is over.

World 1, then maybe 3 if you can stomach JRPG grindan

The best point of Digimon are (some) of the anime seasons which are actually good as long as you don't watch the awful English dub.

Come on. It's charming at times.
Retarded most of the time, but not that bad.
The spanish one is worse.

Hey, I'm playing World 2 since I loved it as a kid. Was it always this fucking slow? Holy shit.
Don't get me started on the DnaUp and DnaDn chips and the frankly retarded leveling system.
Just how much better is Digimon World 3?

I remember my local dub..it was competent. They didn't tamper with the music so we still got the superior Japanese opening (sorry, America..we were spared from your garbage intro). Then again, it was 90's to early 2000's where the dubbers were actually competent. I think sometime after Dragon Ball stopped airing is when the dubbing went to shit and now the actually good dub is a dub of Doraemon (surprisingly running strong)

World 3 is a typical JRPG in terms of Gameplay so no level caps that forced you to DnA digivolve but you do have to deal with the random encounters..and God help you if you got confused.

yes, yes it was

well, for one, battles are all 1vs1, there is no dungeon crawling, but there is a lot of backtracking later on.
your digimon can evolve/de-evolve mid battle.
the only thing unique to each digimon is their rookie form and their "main" evolution tree, which triggers steps at levels 5, 20, and 40. any digimon can evolve into any evolution (ie a veemon can become wargreymon, and an agumon can become gallantmon, etc.) by leveling the correct branches of other evolution trees. (for example, an agumon can become Skullgreymon if you train the DARK stat high enough, but a patamon can also become skullgreymon if you obtain the Greymon evolution and boost DARK high enough)
there's tons of little sidequests here and there that aren't listed in a journal and have no casul pointers.
it has the best card battling minigame of all times, bar none, not even triple-triad is as good as DMW3 card battling, and triple triad was really fucking good

What about the digimon card battle standalone game?

Nah. There's also an entire card battle game for the PSX but I don't remember the differences between it and the card game in 3.

the standalone is more of a virtual version of the real Digimon Card Battle game.

the minigame in 3 is a different thing, its less meta, as in, it's its own thing within the game and not trying to imitate the real card game.

I got mixed feelings about the card game in 3. I mean, sure I did beat Duel Island with an all Brown Deck (For some bizarre reason, Brown cards don't use S-Energy so you can spam a deck filled with nothing but Ultimates) but damn it if the AI can be a bastard sometimes.

that was intended.

Brown ultimates/megas are not as powerful as color ultimate/megas. its all up to you to device a proper strategy to beat the deck of the other.

IIRC, there are cards specifically designed to remove brownies from your side.
the card game plays in a very peculiar way. your opponent will get the exact same cards in each round (1, 2, and 3 if evens in 1 and 2) and will play them in the exact same way, but YOUR cards are randomized from your deck, it is very good in that aspect as you get to beat the opponent in a variety of ways and sometimes you need to spend a good chunk of time reshaping one of your decks to beat a tough opponent.

enjoy dueling the BlackAgumons.

well isn't that a GOOD thing?

if the AI was bad, it would be a shitty game, but the AI is fucking good, its designed to fuck your mouth, and it will.

Not when the Tamers you fought pulled out one or two Freezebugs and you see your carefully composed combo of four Hagurumons fried to a Flame Gatlin. Also, if it's a draw, you still considered losing which I do find a bit bullshit. Then again, I spend way too much time on the stand alone game then the card game in World 3. (Before my disc went kaput, I was looking for Etemon's mic…thus my dream of being Duel King in Amaterasu is gone forever)

git gud you casualmon

Can't anymore. My PSP can't run World 3 (stuck at the beginning of the game) and couldn't find a World 2003 ROM for PSP (That one has the World Tournament post game)

If you farm enough before beating the first boss, you can buy some powerful as fuck brown cards at the beginning of the game, which easily carries you to coelamon island
They disappear from the shop after that boss, maybe it was something else in that area can't remember, so you've gotta farm for those digidollars in the beginning
Also the leveling up is nice too

bitch please. These assholes ruined that whole experience for me.

The best guys were the rockmon, they didn't buy much besides meat and the medicine for when they got the shits from the rawass meat, but they were ok usually

Not on my playthrough…usually. If I have to rate the customers, it would go Goburimon>Gotsumon>Muchomon>THAT FUCKING CHEAPSKATE (Seriously..if you really want free Meat, Weedmon…there's a fucking city to go to)

playing cards in DMW3 was a strange thing.

depending on which point of the game you are at, you will either have a digimon battle, or a card battle, with the tamers you speak to.

Digimon Battles are a one-time thing, battling a tamer gives a huge chunk of exp to your digimon, but its not repeatable.
Card battles on the other hand, if you're at the "right moment" where you can card battle the tamers, you can do so as many times as you like, winning always awards you with a card packet that gives cards of the general level of the tamer you beat. The only other way to get card packets is to fish cardmons, or kick trees to drop cardmons.

dumb ass nigga

Goburimons are usually bros. They don't mind paying extra for Medicine…four times in a row. Makes me feel sorry for beating the shit out of them in Drill Tunnel.

Problem is Cardmon usually would try to run, especially if it's 4 cards Cardmon.

Because the creators know the true fans of the series aren't 10 anymore.

She trades off because Nokia's are indestructible and she wrecks them routinely.

get gud raise SPD you sukamon

just fuckin blew my mind, all these years and now it makes sense

I lost my shit when i could finally understand the romanji speech in DW2.

Everyone's been talking about the World games. What about the card game vidya? What's the best starter deck and partner? Veemon? Hawkmon? Armadillomon (joke option. Have fun trying to get past Igloo City with Armadillomon deck. Bet you can't even pass Frigimon)

1>3>2
I played the shit out of 1. I played 3 a lot too but never finished it.

Only ever rented 2 and it was only okay.
I like the OST in 1 the most since it fit very well with the environment. Though that helps when some of the soundtracks are literally just ambient sounds for said environment. Wish they'd be released on psn so I could play them on the vita.

3 was fucked if you had the NTSC version. The game gets locked at the last save you went to when you beat the final boss and you don't get to go for post game.

Better yet, after a point ,everyone is turned into Oinkmon because fuck you, so there goes your card battles.

here's what actually happened:

digimon world 3 did not have a post game originally, after everybody turns into oinkmon thats already past the point of no-return.

the european version, which came out way later, was named Digimon World 2003 (because it came out in 2003), this one added the "post-game" scenario. its the exact same as the american version in terms of "points of no return". once you trigger the global oinkmon transformation you need to beat the game.

in the "post-game" the entire digital world has been deleted, Kurt is reconstructing it, but you only get to play as far as Seiryu city and the Kicking Forest, thats the entire map in the post-game. However, there is now a completely new, seemingly endless and randomized set of tunnels for you to explore with your Digiegg of Knowledge. And also, one more main difference, is that the championship tournaments become available in the lobby, so you can have some fun fighting a ton of new bosses for the title of server champ.

Emulate on PC, anonomon.

Oh fuck, seriously? I'd have to emulate the PAL version for the better experience?

Niggers. All of you.

SHIT THOSE DUBS

Yeah, basically, keep doing shit but when you get to the point in the story that everyone is no longer Oinkmon, don't progress the story any farther.

… Or get the PAL version.

Also

fuck.

it doesnt matter which version user, once everybody turns into oinkmon you're in the "no return zone"

you can't really do all the games sidequests or obtain the other rookies once you're in the postgame. it jsut lets you keep playing for a little bit with some extra content. but you don't "go back" to the game like it was before the oinkmon

At least now I know that phantom part of the game wasn't me in a fever dream.

thinking back, those 3D models look like something taken straight out of jimmi nutrin household

DI-DI-DI-DIGIMON

They utterly butchered the soundtrack, introduced censorship, changed important characters personalities, fucked with the villains motivations and hired awful fucking VAs to introduce puns everywhere, including scenes that are supposed to be tense or dramatic.

The English dub is utter fucking shit and there is no excuse for it.

Balancing out all the Renamon

Weedmon are the niggers of the digimon world.

Only reason anybody even fucking remembers that game is because nobody in NA actually played the physical game and faggots really wanted to be cool with an "original" card system.

Amerifat here, no offence taken - those of us who were aware of what Germany and Japan had admit the English dub's music was awful.

I saw Tamers when it originally aired in the US on Fox. It was over a decade later out of curiousity that I finally decided to rewatch it in the original subbed Japanese version and the differences were jarring.

Balance out what first thing posted was a fucking dickgirl. I want /furry/faggotry to leave, you and your abhorrent dick fetishistic has gone on long enough. Death to those who oppose heterosexuality!

No it wasn't. It's explicitly referenced a bunch in Tri. Just not enough because they're too busy showing cute girls doing cute things instead of worldbuilding and monster fights.

The short answer is no. The show is shit, but not for the reason you're thinking. Can't say shit without spoilers though.

Veemon's most iconic mega is Imperieldramon, the one he becomes in the anime. And it is a royal knight.

Reminder that Omegamon becomes a mere sword to be used by Imperieldramon.

Remember the episode where "Matt" and "TK" were crying because "Myotismon" found out Pumpkinmon and Gottsumon were helping them and "sent them back to the digital world?"

Not to mention the fact that they would sometimes just fuck up characters names in obvious ways, like how "Sukamon" was obviously supposed to be "Scummon." And they call Anomalocarimon "Scorpimon," only to have an actual Scorpimon show up later.

Plus, once you really get into it, the continuity is so autistic that tiny little references that get lost in translation actually end up being important. Good luck following the story of the multiverse and royal knights if you're watching the dub. Its hard enough without playing a bunch of moonrune only games. And don't get me started on the movie.

Naw, I remember it because it's the link that confirms DW1 is the same universe as Adventure, which is what my autism wanted the entire time.

>Balance out what? The first thing posted was a fucking dickgirl

Gee I wonder

embrace the futa Holla Forums, accept it into your heart and stomach, cause its going that far at least

oh man, what an spectacular failure that console was.

credit where its due, they tried. but they were no match for the might of nintendo and the might of their already-established american fanbase.

The intro still gets my hyped every time

It's shit.

I want a Digimon game with Pokémon amie.

Alphamon sure is a character.

Would any one be interested in a Digimon discord?

Digimon threads will forever be cancer.

hey, as long as it scares the Holla Forumstards away

but no really, those 3D children look like something straight out of Cyber8 youtube channel. horrifying.

i want to veemon

More please. Possibly lewd.

I'm not letting futashit kill a Digimon thread.

but can Angelamon kill it?

No.

Paildramon honestly looks much better than Imperialdramon Fighter Mode.

I always thought dinobeemon looked cooler than paildramon. Would have been cool if they changed up the dna digivolve sometimes depending on who took the lead.

but can Angelamon check it?

apparently not

So if certain Royal Knights can evolve to higher forms, why aren't those forms the Royal Knights instead of the weaker forms?

None, they all suck.

I'd like some spoilers. I'm curious as to why Ken is evil again as well as the deal with Patamon being infected.

Zamasu was right

When was he not?

When I was little I helped with my parents shop so I never got why this part caused so much butthurt, I actually wanted more parts like it and even fantasied over a merchant only playthrough. I enjoyed it so much that it made monochromon my new favorite digimon ever since.
It took me until adulthood to understand that normal people don't understand nor carry a business for shit.

I'm guessing this is the nippon equivalent of Moneybags?

Since Sun and Moon are out for Pokemon and Next Order is on the way for Digimon, who's expecting that Machinedramon to get its hands on a Kimeramon?

Anyone who's at least watched a series even as a kid knows there's no way a single Mega that WarGreymon canonically makes his bitch is threatening the entire world.

It wasn't really Ken, it was a Royal Knight in disguise, seemingly trying to just prepare them for the real threat. The infection is some virus going around that infected Patamon due to Takeru being a bitch and taking him out of quarantine, and then he infected the rest of the main digimon and they lost their memories and don't remember their partners anymore. Then they went to the Digital World to try to fix it, so maybe stuff will happen in the next movie. But probably just more waifushit.

Machinedramon was originally supposed to be the most powerful digimon until they just kept making more new ones. Wargreymon beating him so easily was fucking bullshit.

I hope you realize it's not the "running a shop" part of that minigame that triggered people. It's the fact that whether or not you could succeed was entirely based on RNG. There is a good chance that getting the required money to recruit monochromon is mathematically impossible based on the items customers ordered.
Sometimes you get lucky quick but a lot of people had to go through 10+ retries because of shitty RNG and it doesn't help that the game punishes you for wasting time.

holy shit you dumbass, all you had to do was figure out which digimon was more prone to paying extra for which product. It was an easy as shit little minigame and you failed at it spectacularly. 9 year old me could figure it out.

Can I just ask What the fuck was FOX Thinking when they did this?

is it wrong that i used to really enjoy angela anaconda when i was a kid?

i just loved the uncannyness of it, it was so surreal compared to the rest of the shows of the time.

I thought it was neat, while I didn't watch the show I, I liked the mashing of East and West.
I don't know why.

It's okay to like the show, and I'm not knocking you if you liked the short.

I'm still just wondering why they decided Angela anaconda. Im guessing since it was basically a south park like show, they could just cut and paste official art into the short.

But still, it makes me wish that digimon the first movie would have come out earlier, maybe we could have gotten a Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego short where she's trying to stop the movie from showing in theaters.

They had an entire fight in a matter of seconds with WGM reverting all the way back down to In-Training with a huge scar across his head completely drained. I wouldn't call that shit winning too easily.

I just can't see him being the most powerful.

Any chance of some new World games for 3DS in the future?

Japan still makes plenty of 2D games for handheld, right?

I really wanna play a new Digimon game with sprites or at least not 3D models that would drop the game to 30fps.

If you count VNs as games then, yes. They make shit loads. A lot of their other stuff is 3D these days, though and most of what they do make rarely sees the light of day over here anyway.

Why the fuck did I reply to that first post as well

Is it safe to use the online features of next order?

I never managed to trigger the championship thing in the 2003 version, i just dropped the game at the endless maze shit.

Everything is worse in Spanish.

American education.

Then why is the current anime so shit? Why didn't they do one based like Nokia or something similar? At least we'd get waifu bait.

gentle reminder that digimon Frontier was horrible

now hold on right there. the spanish dub of Digimon was superb in comparison to english.

they not only translated the real openings (instead of making shit ones) but had pretty good fitting VA for each character.

i've listened to both english and spanish dubs and the english one was plain atrocious, its like the VAs and sound managers didnt know if they were dubbing an anime or some generic american cartoon full of witty one-liners.

Ranamon was probably the best to come out of it though.

You mean the app one? I think that is supposed to be a spin-off that hopefully won't get popular.

What are they saying? Please don't lie.

Jesus Christ you are a retard. You needed 3200-3500 bits (it isn't consistent) to recruit monochromon, now tell me what happens when you get nothing but people asking for meat? You can't physically get the required amount of bits even by getting max price.

I don't know why you're trying to flex when you don't even know what the fuck you're on about.

go try again you casual

I'm glad to see you are willing to concede :^).

Because you subconsciously agree with me.

Water is wet.

I want to sniff Guilmon's butt

i want to shove my dick so far up his digimon ass that we DNA digievolve

It used to be 1 until not too long ago, but I've been replaying the series and 2 is my new favorite. Somehow I just never enjoyed 3 much.

I just don't remember clicking to reply to that post is all.

the spic dub in tamers was pretty neat, guilmon is a fucking cutie and kalumon is pure sugar

but halfway through they started adding some weir tacospeak not present in previous episodes, fucked up everything until they come back to the real world

I generally agree, stopped playing Redigitize because it lacked so many of the things I liked about DW1.

While I didn't play DW3 so I can't compare it, Cyber Slut was damaged beyond repair with how much they fucked up both of the difficulty settings.
Such a shame because the story was pretty fun and it looked amazing, but I got too bored of the gameplay.

??

It's incomprehensible. They must have done some weird scaling on the enemies and not tested it at all.
That the stats cap off at 100 is weird too, since it's only using about 20% of the stats bar.

I hope not. Adv2 was shit.

Never played a digimon game, and I have data squad for ps2. Is it shitty or not?

Digivolution goes full retard.

Not canon or not permanent evolution.

yes that is the main reason its bullshit.

your stat bar (a clearly visible white bar with a dark blue background) goes all the way to 999, but even if you equip all the best gear and put all the trainings into a single stat (the highest natural the digimon has) you might only scrape the 500s.

so you have a white bar that goes to 1000 but you can only fill it halfway, what a load of bullshit, they didnt test this game at all.

But Paladin Mode is literally one. The only explanation for Crimson Mode is that Gallantmon/Dukemon didn't DNA Digivolve.

Why is it called Cyber Sluts when they're pure?

Because they're pure sluts

It's like stopping antibiotics early, both will fuck your shit up

Sluts only for the man or girl they love? I got it.

I wish we got more human girls r34 from digimon as thirty thousand pictures of veemon, guilmon and weregarurumon eating each others assholes are more than enough.

tbh the human girls in digimon always sucked, both in animes and games.

the new ones from the games are just awful sluts, and then there's digimons "lightning", that purple hair girl with the angewomon/ladydevimon who's shoehorned in every game.

Kill yourself.

i'll consider your proposition.

but human girls in digimon animes/games still suck ass

fuck u, Jeri is best austic charetor ands she represents Holla Forums so much

ITT: Kids who shopped at target, and had Go-bots.

Fuk u, degimon isn't goo bot
poke/zoo//loli/mon isd goo bots

Did you forget to take your meds m8?

no fuk reddits mans
I eat pill and dicks in ass

allous i bet u likeess blackkes aderds seasons 3threesss

Help me to understand here. Are you foreign or are you having a seizure?

I knew there was censorship in the Americanized version of Tamers, but I never realized it was this bad. Holy shit, rewatching Tamers now, uncensored of course.

B-but, muh punny dub goyim.

my god everytime i listen to it its more awful than the last

I'm laughing, due to how awful it is, dear god that's awful.

Have some nostalgia

I'm with ya on that. My local dub did the same, we didn't have the Digicrap instead we got the amazing opening and the soundtrack was untouched..the only downside of my local dub is that a) They use the same VAs from other anime dubs (For example, the series narrator also did Goku's voice, Patamon's VA is the same as Doraemons'…and the odd Daisuke/Davis sounding like Nobita's mom)

Here's another

They wanted to get in on the YTP source market.

We're gonna build a wall and Mexico is gonna pay for it.

Any more sexy cards?

Yeah, exactly. That's the problem. First of all I would have made him the final Dark Master instead of Piedmon, but I can get over that, Piedmon is pretty cool. But the fight against Machinedramon should have at least been more than like a single swipe that kills him.

And I'm pretty sure in Season 1, they revert to in-training every time they evolve to Mega.

That's exactly what we got with Tri. That's the whole problem. Fuck you. Waifufags ruined Digimon even harder than furries did.

I hated Frontier when it was new. Gave up on it almost immediately because it was another reboot, and now it's kids turning into digimon? Not only was it not the characters and world I came to love before, but the mechanics were completely different.

Then I watched it recently and realized it was pretty much the same shit and does it pretty much as well as the other series. Still not my favorite, but not bad. Good enough entry to the series. But they never should have gotten the idea that rebooting it again and again was a good thing to do.

02 is underrated. Not as good as the first but not shit. It's cooler when you know the story from Tag Tamers, though, since it's largely a sequel to that.

Because she was just a stupid mary sue digimon to go with her mary sue partner human. We're just expected to immediately think she's so cute and so nice and just love her so much so that we give a shit with the eventual "twist," but they don't actually do anything to make us like her, they just think we already do, so the twist has no emotional impact other than the hope that this will finally lead to stuff actually happening instead of yet another movie of waifushit.

Best theme though.

i dddon't haveeees anoythyhhhi u pooopp-oooopopopopopopop /a/ fugggusts sumgggs
i;'m makesss pooppoo and eat poooooo me is best

unbbbsssss

Jesus christ, dude. I don't even want to check those dubs.
But I will, anyway.

Never stopped being funny

Literally the first time they've tried in terms of English opening songs for a Digimon season.

The Pokémon clone? Didn't they get sued already?

nintoddler, please

I prefer vid related.

If Izumi/Zoey was ever a loli, I can accept I never gave a fuck about fapping to her.

Thought she was hot when I first watched Season 4/ as a kid. Think she's hot now in my early 20's.

They didn't put in the undressing scene for nothing. Also, can't ignore those jugs in her beast spirit form. Plus, it looks like the personality and thinking of the digidestined changes while in beast spirit form, so you can't even make the argument that she has a child's mind.

I'd fuck Shutumon.

Kazemon looks so much better than Zephyrmon if you ask me.

Also, if someone thought she was attractive as a kid, then they would still think she's attractive even 10 years later.

Reminder that Wizardmon is the best digimon

"Digimon don't have genders" my ass.

I hope you aren't so shitty-tasted.

Why do people sexualize Rika so much compared to Izumi?

Probably because Rika/Ruki is a much more developed character - lowering the protagonist count to 3 from the usual 5-7 helped flesh out every character. In addition, her attitude, behavior, the pairing with a mature-looking feminine digimon (and the sexually teasing matrix evolution) emphasized her attractivenes as not necessarily a kid, but a young teenager (though she wasn't there yet really).

At least that's my theory.

What about the gay shipping?

What gay shipping?

Pretty sure there's gay porn of her and Renamon.

And fans.

Oh, that. Well, their relationship as a tamer and a digimon progressed heavily from "you're just my tool" to BFF and all that shit. Plus, she's the only digidestined up to that point with a digimon who is humanoid in their regular form.

And yes, Juri x Leomon exists, and barbed dicks are part of that, wish I didn't see that shit.

Leomon is a big muscular manly, honorable pet. He was made to slay pussy. :^)

My guess is one is trying to return his little sisters "toy", one's calling tech support, and the third's been ruined for marriage.

Anyone here watching the new anime series? Digimon appli or something, is it any good?

I watched one episode, it reminded me more of MMBN than digimon

Well, you're not far off. The Applimon are after all smarphone monsters that help you in much the same way as NetNavigators, except they govern individual programs.
As for the show itself, it's alright. It follows the standard 'collect the seven golden dragon dildos to kill the boss' plot though.

Sucks they don't have the nice shapely legs that Battle Network has.
Also sucks that Digiwomen will never be as good as Megawomen

By who?

Cyber Sluts already rival.

Tits are the ultimate telltale sign.

There are more than a few hints at it.

Also the thing with her and the lion is a bit more blatant

she wants the leo D too bad he DIES, in every single series

so do we still not know which NDS game is best? are they all bad? all meh? should i not even bother emulating any of them?

when i was a kid i had one of those actual tomagotchi-like digimon electronic things you took around and "raised". That's most of my exposure to it. Im really interested to get into the games though.

I refuse to get erect.

It's more a Tron/ReBoot clone with a heavy dose of Narnia thrown in.

Ah, the old Green Lantern argument. Naw man, she still only has the same memories and shit. Just admit you're a pervert and move on.

They don't have biological sexes. Ruki's mom immediately calls her out and says that she's a girl. See this is when saying sex and gender are different things is actually useful. Because we're talking about a work of fiction.

The anime is better than the games. By a lot. The games can be pretty obtuse and aren't for everybody. But if you like the virtual pet, give Digimon World a try.

Gender identity should only apply to AI constructs that have no biological sex but want to better relate to the biological creatures they interact with.

The Digital World is a dimension that intercepts digital data from other dimensions and gives it physical form. Digimon are creatures based on data from other universes, largely from the internet. The internet is 99% porn. So it's justified that a bunch of them have tits. It would even make sense if they had pseudo-genitals. But they wouldn't actually be functional, as they do not sexually reproduce. In fact, idk if they ever reproduce at all. I'm sure I haven't seen every piece of media, but the only references I recall to new digimon being created involve the Diginomes creating them.

I would not argue against this, I was however referring to sci-fi in general.

Gender identity is bullshit when you have chromosomes that denote what gender you are.

However AI might prefer to use one gender or the other (Or just remain using the English default "they/them" if that's their thing) as a way to make it easier to relate to the fleshbags they have to interact with. This is assuming they aren't hard-coded with a fixed "gender" to begin with.

Not going full tumblr, just pointing out that an AI character's concept of self could be developed by exploring such things.

The idea of gender being a social aspect and sex being a biological aspect is fine. What SJWs need to realize is that just because gender is social does not mean you get to pick your own. It is assigned by society, and it is an assignment based on sex. You can call yourself whatever you want, but it doesn't actually change your assignment.

However, when talking about beings that do not have biological sexes, but can mimic human social roles, then that's different. Fiction is different than real life.

Society is interaction between humans as biological entities. The notion that a "social construct" is arbitrary is absurd - almost all social constructs are based on human anatomy, physiology and behavior. This includes genders.

What about the ones that are widely different across cultures? Everything a society does or believes is a social construct. Surely you don't think everything every society does is based directly on biology. Memes are complex and evolve in unexpected ways. Holla Forums should know that better than anybody. A society is a collection of memes.

Specific societies are shaped by many factors, including the habitat specifics, the competitiveness of other societies/tribes around them, the population size, etc. I was perhaps a bit too harsh when saying that almost everything has a basis in biology, but most social constructs have a rational explanation for their origins - even the seemingly irrational ones like religions. Language is a social construct that is necessary for a society to operate as its members need to be able to communicate with one another. Religion is a social construct that arises from the human-specific needs for life fulfillment, and also fear of death.

Anyway, this is getting pretty far off-topic, so polite sage for that.

Our online society right here is not so different from the meatspace ones we're talking about. If anthropologists in the future were to look at us and use the ideas you're advocating here (which I know they actually do), they would try to argue that everything we do has a functional purpose. They'll start saying that Rickrolling fulfills a need for nostalgia or heavy bass rhythms that are intrinsically pleasurable for humans, when in reality, it all stems from a 14 year old in his mom's basement making an anime website and installing a wordfilter that changes the word "egg" to "duck." Memes do not have to operate in ways that benefit the individual or society, only in ways that benefit the meme itself and its own propagation.

and they did it again gentlemen! another thread shat up by Holla Forums crossposters.

Hallelujah.

Well it was either that or furries. I mean if it was lolis I could tolerate it, but not furries. I try to make it about autism, localization, and the Wonderswan every thread, but nobody ever bites.

When he became a textured skybox and the fuck you button was pressed.

I liked Life with Loopy but that was part of Kablam! one of the few shows that had multiple cartoons in a block that just seems to have fade away in the modern age. We won't be seeing What a Cartoon! and Liquid Television type shows anymore.

I appreciate cartoons that at least try to do something different than the cheap stuff that gets push nowadays. I even saw Butt Ugly Martians but somehow my brain has erased anything recognizable about the show. I know I watched it but just can't for the life of me remember what the show was about. I remember "Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?" more than that show.

Do not sexualize that loli.

BILLS?!

It was literally dumbass ugly aliens who weren't evil helping protect Earth.