I don't know if anyone has been following this "Fat Leonard scandal"

Jonathan Wood
Jonathan Wood

I don't know if anyone has been following this "Fat Leonard scandal".

A quick rundown is that a military contractor called Glenn Defense Marine Asia (GDMA) was bribing a whole shit ton of US Navy officers with hookers, cash, booze and parties for information about ship's movements. He would then use this information and use his moles to redirect carriers to ports he controlled where he could overcharge the Navy for fuel, tugboats, barges, food, water and sewage removal.

More than 440 people, including 60 admirals, are under investigation. One of the Admirals that was censured was my old CO while he was apparently doing this shit!

Here's one of the latest articles.
A former United States Navy commander pleaded guilty on Tuesday to accepting bribes from a Singapore-based defence contractor known as "Fat Leonard" Francis in the largest corruption scandal to hit the US Navy.

Troy Amundson, 50, who once controlled the service's joint military exercises, admitted to the district court in San Diego having traded "confidential, proprietary US Navy information" for entertainment expenses and services from prostitutes, according to a statement from the US Attorney for the Southern District of California.

"Amundson admitted that from September 2012 through October 2013, Francis paid for dinner, drinks, transportation, other entertainment expenses and the services of prostitutes for Amundson and other US Navy officers," the US attorney's statement said.

Amundson is the 20th of 29 defendants to plead guilty in the scandal, that dates back to at least 2007, and faces up to five years in prison and a US$250,000 (S$328,000) fine, reported the Stars and Stripes, a news site for US military news.

archive.fo/LaT9F

This article is concerning the censure of Rear Admiral Kenneth Norton, my old Commanding Officer.

DECEMBER 1, 2017 — Another high ranking naval officer has seen his reputation soiled in the Fat Leonard bribery and corruption scandal.
Secretary of the Navy Richard V. Spencer has issued a Secretarial Letter of Censure to a now-retired senior officer, retired Rear Adm. Kenneth Norton, following a thorough review into his interactions with Glenn Defense Marine Asia (GDMA) in the 2008-2010 timeframe.

More such disciplinary measures could be coming. According to a Washington Post report, the Navy has been reviewing the conduct of 440 other active-duty and retired personnel — including 60 current and former admirals — for possible violations of military law or federal ethics rules in their dealings with Glenn Defense Marine Asia and its chairman Leonard Glenn Francis. The newspaper says that the case load has grown as the Justice Department has given the Navy additional dossiers of individuals who did not meet the threshold for prosecution in civilian courts, but may have committed offenses under the military justice system.

archive.fo/QPp47

Ryder Davis
Ryder Davis

Shouldn't these Admirals be executed for treason? Asking for a friend.

Tyler Watson
Tyler Watson

implying they won't get off with a mere slap on the wrist
Seriously, follow this story, and watch this happen. The justice system is fucked.

Gavin Flores
Gavin Flores

Pretty much what you said. The guy that I put into my OP is Kenneth Norton, and he was the Commanding Officer on the USS Ronald Reagan while I was stationed on that ship. I don't remember exact dates, but it was around 2008-2010 I was under him. He was Captain at the time, and the XO (second in command) would have been Commander Ravelo. Mark Rudes was the Command Master Chief (highest enlisted on the ship). Anyway, Captain Norton left the Reagan as the CO and became a Rear Admiral (one star) and then retired shortly afterwards. His punishment for his involvement was a censure. That's pretty much just a strongly written letter saying you did bad and some public embarrassment.

Now imagine if my enlisted ass at the time got busted for doing some shit like that. Taking bribes from some fat Asian foreigner to give away ship's movements and classified information and helping in ripping off the Navy for tons of cash. You would never fucking hear from me again lol.

So, since Admiral Norton was involved when he was a Captain on the Reagan, I'd have to assume that his XO would have knowledge. Possibly the Command Master Chief. So if you're interested, keep your eyes out for Capt. Ronald Ravelo. He's now the Commanding Officer for the USS Abraham Lincoln. Also Mark Rudes, unlikely though, who is now also retired.

Alexander Garcia
Alexander Garcia

WOWWOWOWWOWW
Just plain nigger tier naval fuckery.
Whisky and whores for ships routes.
Have a bump OP

Ian Bennett
Ian Bennett

Lenny Francis
Boy that sounds un Malaysian I tell myself
Google his picture
Sunken eyes, bags underneath
Small sharp dentition, pouty lower lip, think upper lip
Suspicious downturn angle at end of his nose

We got ourselves a tribe member in hiding. There is nowhere they won't shapeshift to hide in.

Jaxon Morales
Jaxon Morales

Apparently the USS Blue Ridge was his main target for infiltration.

Between 2006 and 2013, Francis doled out illicit gifts, hosted epicurean feasts and sponsored sex parties for Blue Ridge personnel on at least 45 occasions, according to federal court records and Navy documents obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

Officers from the Blue Ridge consumed or pocketed about $1 million in gourmet meals, liquor, cash, vacations, airline tickets, tailored suits, Cuban cigars, luxury watches, cases of beef, designer handbags, antique furniture and concert tickets — and reveled in the attention of an armada of prostitutes, records show.

This is fucking insane.

Owen Perez
Owen Perez

Over at least a decade, according to documents filed by prosecutors, Glenn Defense ripped off the Navy with little fear of getting caught because Francis had so thoroughly infiltrated the ranks.

The company forged invoices, falsified quotes and ran kickback schemes. It created ghost subcontractors and fake port authorities to fool the Navy into paying for services it never received.

Francis and his firm have admitted to defrauding the Navy of $35 million, though investigators believe the real amount could be much greater.

“I ask, when has something like this, bribery of this magnitude, ever happened in this district or in our country’s history?” Robert Huie, an assistant U.S. attorney in San Diego, said during a court hearing last year. “Mr. Francis’s conduct has passed from being merely exceptional to being the stuff of history and legend.”

The stuff of history and legend

Ayden Hernandez
Ayden Hernandez

After they nabbed this guy by luring him to San Diego and arresting him, he of course flipped.

Here's some of the officers that have pleaded guilty.

Joseph Harris
Joseph Harris

TRAITORS BURN THEM ALL DOWN

Jackson Bennett
Jackson Bennett

Or if you're an admiral, you just get forced into retirement and still collect your pension after giving away secrets. Two of those admirals (Kraft and Norton) were Commanding Officer's on the Reagan at one time.

Mason Collins
Mason Collins

I notice many swarthy criminals in this photo… Also a distinct lack of strong and familiar Anglo-Saxon surnames.

Leo Brown
Leo Brown

WELCOME TO THE STORM

Remember the first inditement was a intelligence officer.

Jackson Green
Jackson Green

The navy is a bunch of cock smoking bitches. I hope Mattis burns the fuck out of them.

Lincoln Russell
Lincoln Russell

the fucking Blue Ridge
the flag ship, also known as a fucking barge that never moves. I was on a DDG from 2005-2009, so when the Shitty Kitty was there. If you wanted to know about ships movements, dont ask around the waterfront, go in a shitty buy me a drink bar and ask some filipena girl. Shes probably fucking that talks too much to her. OPSEC was trash.

Eli Edwards
Eli Edwards

dont worry, he wont lol. the navy is full of retards and will be until civil war II. our entire military is soft, dont kid yourself.

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

/suicide/index.html
/reddit/index.html
We don’t want your LARPing here.

Daniel Hill
Daniel Hill

More than 440 people, including 60 admirals, are under investigation.
FUCK

Benjamin Reyes
Benjamin Reyes

The Navy and Chair Force are stacked with more Admirals, Generals, and just all around general officers that are necessary. Both need to be purged. Marines are probably the best officers we have followed by the Army. Army STRONG!

Okay, you can purge the Army too except the Infantry.

Henry Rivera
Henry Rivera

Yes, but it's not going to happen.

Gabriel Phillips
Gabriel Phillips

deputy CNO
commander of us naval forces in japan
COs of aircraft carriers
Holy fuck this went almost all the way to the top. Which means it went all the way to the top but the CNO and SECNAV threw these guys under the bus and got away clean.

Isaiah Rogers
Isaiah Rogers

my group of inept nigger enabling zog controlled retards is better than yours

Lincoln Perry
Lincoln Perry

One day Holla Forums will be wrong.

Daniel Phillips
Daniel Phillips

that day is not today.

Brayden Miller
Brayden Miller

Someone who escaped charges but was forced to retire, and a person many people might be familiar with was VADM Ted Branch. Then Captain Branch was in command of USS Nimitz and featured extensively in PBS' Carrier documentary.