Altered Carbon

So what do you guys think of the show so far?

One thing I like, in the future, it will apparently have very few niggers.

I haven't seen it. I might check it out to see if it's good sci fi.

I just love the cyberpunk setting, that and there's a fair bit of nudity.

I've read the book, its an okay setting but a shit story.

Yeah, but it's Cyberpunk, and there is so few live action Cyberpunk shows. And it's interesting enough, the only real flaw is that there is too much unnecessary exposition.

The exposition is fine, the characters for the most part are written poorly, little to draw you in and care about any of them or why they matter at all. If you want unnecessary exposition it can be find in the diverse cast both in race and religion. None of that really matters yet we have tons of portions and almost an entire episode dedicated to their religious interactions and cultural celebrations. Also plot holes, character inconsistencies, usual retarded tropes etc. Show is ok and I appreciate that we are at least getting something like it, but criticism needs to exist.

it's another sci-fi property that doesn't understand what the word protectorate means which is just embarrassing to think of the amount of eyes that it went through and nobody had the knowledge or care to correct the writer.

also the main characters "powers" make no fucking sense because if the person itself is just a hard drive in their neck then how is he getting his magic powers from the harddrive?

feels like a high budget cw show. the flashbacks are way too many and pointless and the storylines that involve the mexicans talking about being brought back to life and how it's against their religion is beyond dumb and makes me hate every one of those characters for being retarded and wasting my time.

the main plotline is okay, i don't hate it but most of the the other shit drags it down and it's just not very smart which is kinda really bad for a sci-fi show.

The decors are nice.
That's about it.
The main plot is retarded, the characters are retarded, the setting is "it would be great if it was done right (I.E. it's not)".

Why is the wife of the rich guy an ugly hag when in the books she is literally flawless and has magic pussy juice???
What a shitshow

Who's playing Takeshi Kovach?

Its not nu-male and not pozzed, Holla Forums should be happy, but instead it bitches and moans like a cunt.

Pass

It's shit. The only thing it keeps it floating it's the cyberpunk setting.

Jesus fuck they totally changed the entire plot.
Envoys are now faggot terrorists. Except they are respected all across space even a quarter of a millennium later?
They threw in a new OC sister for him that totally ruins the plot and makes her the big bad.
Quell is now kovacs old screw instead of being a prophet of revolution he never met (till the third book iirc).
Barely gets into how stacks are just copies and what needlecasting really means.

In the book he's been trained to be able to absorb information and process it on a subconscious, instinctive level, so he knows things without knowing how he knows them, sort of. On top of that, he was, as a kid, a street thug on a rough planet, and later during his training got even more advanced combat programming. Again, in the book, not sure if they've butchered this in the show since I haven't watched it, the bodies are not all the same. Some are quick and dirty peasant bodies that are barely functional, some are literally hardwired with latticed skeletons to make their bones super strong and improve nerve response times and muscle reflexes to superhuman level, and in the book when he's brought to Earth to investigate he's given a higher-grade body that his training can make use of.
There's actually a seen in the book where he's placed in a weaker woman's body while she's on her period and he's tortured during that heightened sensitivity phase.
Again, haven't watched the show, I've just read the trilogy, so I've no idea how badly they've fucked any of this up, but that's how it's supposed to work.

I thought a stack was implanted at birth and were the original person, only copied when needlecasted to another system altogether.
It's been a while since I read the books so I may have gotten this wrong.
From what you've written they've just butchered the whole fucking thing altogether so I may never watch it anyway.

somebody told me you can see james purefoy's penis. i demand screencaps, no homo.

user, as a proud american I refuse to watch anything but the official Stars Wars (tm) franchise endorsed by Disney. The rest is pretentious, toxic and alien to my sensibilities.

Some really nice cyberpunk visuals wasted on a garbage script. The first few episodes were okay but then the tv tier writing shows its ugly face. It gets dumber with each episode. This show made me appreciate Blade Runner 2049 even more.

I've only seen the first episode so far. I'm halfway interested, but this kind of setting always has the same problems for me.

If the bodies are artificial, and "immortality" is granted through copies of memory and personality on chips, and resurrection is little more than cloning/teleportation, and AI is advanced enough to the point that it can appear virtually indistinguishable from humans, what the fuck is the point of anything? When you really start to think about it, life loses all meaning.

Why resurrect some random revolutionary to solve a murder in a completely different body? What makes him special? There's not even anything to suggest he's a good detective, and they could have dumped him into any body. Why would you want a detective who's entire way of thinking is 256 years out of date to begin with? I wouldn't want someone from 1762 investigating crimes on my behalf.

This kind of immortality loses the point of everything, of individuality. How do you know you're not just an AI? What makes a "copy" of a human different from an AI? How do you know your memories are real? What's to stop someone from say, making thousands of copies of the most brilliant minds and putting them to work on tons of projects? A million Einsteins all working in concert or on separate projects never needing rest.

Beyond that, I hate to sound like a fedora tipper, but it seemed fairly arbitrary to me that Catholicism was still around in significant enough strength as to even have an opinion on resurrection. The Bible says nothing about stacks or cloning, there's no way they'd take issue with it. Look at the current pope, their church rolls over to get fucked by anyone and anything. It feels like it was a less controversial choice than islam and a more artistic sounding choice than christianity, but ten times less realistic than both. It would be like saying the only religion left was shintoism.

I'll probably still finish the series.

(checked)
Dubs confirm, capeshit and star wars make literally for the entirety of mutt cinema

The books do explain some of your concerns much better, especially the third book. Specifically, there is an incident in the first book where someone "double sleeves" (has a clone of themselves) which is against the law. Only one version of a person can exist at a time (it may be limited to one per system) and when he's caught he suffers True Death (which is when the stack is destroyed and there's no backup).
Earth is also portrayed as a backwards and archaic place in the first book too. Books 2 and 3 don't take place on Earth and are much more consistent with the technology.

Post the nudity and actresses' names, tbh.

Dropped it after the first Episode.

Yes, everything interesting was glossed over with turgid multicult drama

I think it's one of the most ironic shows out there, considering it critiques immortal rich elites and their immoral behavior while the giga kike putting this out there is an ancient rich elite who survives by getting goy fetus juice pumped into his veins and undoubtedly is even more of a cartoon villain than the ones in the show since he wrecks nations.

Wait, this was based on a book? I'd never have guessed, the writing seems like written for TV OC.

good setting
shit story ,shit characters and bad acting
3/10

She did nothing wrong.

Feminism lmao

A series of books, actually.
Glad to know Netflix, and Hollywood in general, continue to fuck up, non-stop, without break.

she's cute. it's overall enjoyable like if you have time to kill and nothing better comes to mind on how to waste it

lol, go shill this shit on /r/asianmasculinity

It wasn't trying make it look shitty, they were trying to make it look sexy. Even in a Dystopian multi-cult setting race mixers would still be choosing blacks over slants.

How would feminism even work in a setting where your body is something you can just throw out?

Ideology, ah, finds a way.

This feels like the most derivative show ever. It's just every cyberpunk setting you can think of.

Are you a believer, user?

HOLY FUCK

This was the cringiest shit in a TV show, in decades.

And be serious, a nigger father that cares about his family? ONLY IN THE MINDS OF THE SOYBOYS

That was actually conceptually cool, it makes sense that when the richest have become immortal and can do pretty much anything some would start to worship them. Shame the execution sucked so much.

This is like peak multiculturalism.

Half white gook with evil white father that beats his asian mother.

Half white gook loves muh strong independent black female. Half white gook loved by beaner. Beaner that is best friends with muslim male.

Then, half white nigger with muh veteran hero nigger father and hax0r redhead mother. Gets pregnant le evil white patriarchy male and the evil white wife kills her. Becomes strong independent black female.

And to make it all better:

FUCKING UN IS THIS INTERSTELLAR ORGANIZATION THAT FIGHTS EVIL

Yeah, this show is a soy cocktail.

Every writer of this show eats meat, while Vegans are out there making documentaries like Hellstorm.

nah
they blew it

(till the third book iirc)
spoilering faggot
I've only been able to find the first and second at my store

IIRC in the book it's not 200 years
"lol just don't worry about it man dude stacks lmao"