This was an experiment. It did not work

This was an experiment. It did not work

By rights, on paper, this could have been the survival Fallout modders tried so hard to make in the past. But every new thing it tries just fucks up so hard. It was nice to explore a more varied feeling wasteland with a bit more Point Lookout vibe to it but its just so janky.

I can't even be mad like skyrim since this doesnt seem to be a sad power trip and the world changed more in a few hours than skyrim did after beating alduin -something that does fucking nothing at all to the world unlike dagoth ur like 15 years ago- but man what a vanilla 5/10 game. Its not even so bad its funny good, its middle of the road bland where the bad nueters the good.

Where do they even take this from here? scripted shooter? destiny clone? management sim?

Theres been rumours of a lousiana Fallout for a while, i just hope it could fix this shit because theres some good ideas here but todd just could not pull this shit off, its fallout 3 all over again.

Obsidian will not fix the game this time if that's what you are trying to imply here. Avellone is gone, most of the old coding team is gone, rest resulted in pillars of eternity which is a horrid broken mess of a game.

Nah man the experiment worked flawlessly, can we ship a game even worse than fallout 3 and have it sell? We can! Fuck bethesda.

They will do the exact same thing again, because FO4 showed them that their audience is too stupid to care about story, or setting or mechanics or really anything that makes a game worthwhile, so long as they can do "le ebin sandbox stuff xD"

I'm just sorry obsidian wasn't part of the army so they could shoot them. Avellone is a pretentious hack and that old coding team couldn't even reskin kotor without it breaking at the seams.

I honestly don't know what to say

Who wrote pretty much entirety of their shit prior to leaving.
The one that made a decent game out of FO3's mess of a hackjob.

IT'S A PERFECT 10/10 GAME

That is Bethesda's fault.

NV is decent only until you reach the actual New Vegas. It's also buggier (if admittedly better) then FO3, has cut content up the wazoo and actual goon memes.

No Fallout is perfect though. I think Point Lookout is the best Fallout content but the difficulty was fucked on purpose.

agreed. i fought a 'legendary' fucking cockroach early on, that dropped a shotgun more powerful than some endgame weapons. then when i fight the "legendary supercock double deathclaw" i get the GLOVES OF FAGGOTRY WITH +3 RAD RESISTANCE

glad i only borrowed a console copy from a buddy, cuz by the halfway mark i didn't even listen to dialogue because you could just "press X to move to the next mission"

"I-it's okay, mods will fix it!"
-Bethcuck
Have mods even "fixed" this trainwreck? I got a PC copy for free because a normalfag friend gave me a copy for Christmas. So if there's mods that make it actually worthwhile I'm interested.

The bugs and cut content are Bethesda's fault since they moved the release date multiple times which resulted in total development time of 8 months for base game and roughly a month for every DLC; also this caused Bethesda to push the game out without doing QA that they were supposed to do.
Do explain this one, I sincerely don't understand what the fuck you are trying to say here.

Not really, no. Skirim, after years of dedication, became playable with around 20 gb of mods that changed every aspect of the game. FO doesnt even have the attention skirim had, no one will bother to make mods to change every flaw in the game, let alone fan made quests
If you already got it for free, play it you have nothing to lose. Judge by yourself and all that

FO4 in its current state is not moddable to the extent that allows it to be actually fixed generally thanks to multiple anal restrictions imposed by Bethesda.

I seriously doubt anyone, even Bethdrones, belivie in "mods can fix it".

Funny how every single obsidian game is riddled with bugs and cut content. And it's never their fault.

Literal goon memes. YCS/186 / "Your Console Sucks", disabling Hardcore mode gets a "Babby" message/perk, Zybourne Clock encounter…

Independent publishers get fucked. More at 11.

NV is the case where it is in fact a major fuckup on Bethesda's side which really can't be denied. I'm not saying anything about other games though.

they do, that was the defense argument for any and every criticism for the game.

Avellone wasn't that important to New Vegas' writing actually. If you want an Avellone game, play Alpha Protocol.

If they didn't they wouldn't still be defending Skyrim even though we all know the vanilla game is fucking ass and had graphics that were outdated even when it launched in 2011

It's amazing to see this shit fail at everything and still sell a lot and get nominated for all those (((awards))) it never got.

Either Fallout 4 is harder to mod, or there are so few modders that are actually competent or give enough of a shit to actually make original interesting content as opposed to shitty reskins and minor tweaks that all conflict with each other

Sure, they downgraded for the consoles and shit but I'm really tired of this same bloody excuse popping up time and again.

You can't say F4 was trying to appeal to the modder audience, when it is so outrageously incompatible with modding.

Qué?

We're talking about a company founded by supposed veterans, I mean how bloody often can you get fooled in the exact same way?
And you forgot the part where the evil publisher twirled his well oiled mustache and made a fur coat from dalmatians.

Tienes a ir te patras.

I think he meant two bosses that spawn exta shit for difficulty.

You neglect to mention the SJW nightmare that Obsidian has become, which was smeared all over PoE.

Even with an otherwise decent game, the SJW bullshit breaks the immersion because it sticks out so much. And deliberately so. It's always like this.

You get the idea. Every fucking time now. It's either that or WE WUZ smeared on everything.

user, there is a shortage of fine sand in glassmaking industry, you really should consider selling at least some of the sand in your vagina.

Trying to copy mods - what gave it away? They pretty much tried to listen to the community and add features most wanted from modding. But shit failed the same way everything AAA fail today, they added so much conflicting features, and never really figured out how they work in unison. Lazy development or lack of focus, you decide.
Pic: Good focus in game design.

I just want Bethesda to fire 90% of their current writing staff and use the money from that to buy large piles of high-grade cocaine and hallucinogens to feed Kirkbride who will transmute it into industrial grade crazy.

Is that too much to ask?

Maybe pull Avellone off of Prey to do the editorial work.

what a shit 'review'

literally half your shit can be replied with 'git gud' and you don't even begin to touch on the real problems that make the game shit

how fucking casual are you?

What the fuck are you talking about, nothing that he said can be replied with "git gud". Next you are going to point out he complained about bosses spawning adds so that means he sucks at the game.

It also retconned basically everything.

JUST

nigga half the complaints are related to it being too easy.

shill harder faggot

Have Bethesda even released the construction kit yet? Last time I paid attention people had to make workarounds with fucking batch files.

Fallout 4's main issues are this:
The story gives little to no room for roleplay, as you are locked into being a parent looking for their child, and the endings on offer and bland at best.
95% of the missions are "Go here, shoot everything with a quest marker, pick up anything I tell you to, come back". The rare few that don't follow this exact pattern are enjoyable, but they're so few and far between it's a waste.

Almost all other flaws are or will be moddable, but these cores issues completely fuck up the game.
Oh, and due to the nature of Legendary items, almost no unique Quest reward feels worth the time or effort. Why waste time trying to hit a charisma check for a burning 10mm pistol when I have a Minigun that stacks bleed on enemies that I picked up off the first legendary ghoul in the game?

Minutemen settlements are the whiniest, if you set them up as independent, all you need is a few turrets.

all related to being bad at a fucking betheshit game of all things

if you thought any of the fallout games after 2 were in any way difficult or could be difficult at any point, you don't belong on Holla Forums

the fact that OP doesn't even address any of the broken mechanics, the shitshow that are the quests, the story and even the fucking level design but instead cries about "bawwww enemy type is hard!!" speaks volumes

Come to think of it, how come the faction that have the most mini-nukes are the fucking Super Mutants? In almost every single area where they thrive they have at least one suicider every run through, yet the Brotherhood don't have even a single NPC wielding a Fat Man. ?????

That's just plot though. FO3 provided a much greater opportunity to role-play despite locking your character into only ever being a vault-child looking for their escaped father. The big problem is that the game is almost entirely combat focused, rendering alternate and diversified/specialized builds into meaninglessness at best - and actively gimping your character for no benefit at worst. A voiced protagonist, coupled with lazy writing/poor casting choices for the budget means that all dialogue "branches" essentially converge back into a singular path at the end of each node. Conversations only unfold one way, with the highest degree of player choice injected into it is the tone of voice the lines are delivered in.

In contrast, while FO3 always starts you as the child of James growing up within Vault 101 - you're presented with multiple substantial (by comparison) choices as to what kind of character your going to play as. Do you defend Amata with force? Do you bargain with Butch? Do you talk Butch down? Or do you join Butch in picking on Amata? Or do you ignore the situation altogether and just go on into class? FO4 doesn't even offer those measly choices, and in it's place would just give you the choice of "Yes, Yes, No (Yes), Sarcastic (Yes) and force you to defend Amata. Why? Because it's too expensive to pay the VA for multiple performances.

Bethesda could have still started FO4 having you be a parent emerging from the vault looking for their lost child - but allowed you to just fuck off and join a raider gang to scour the wastes, or not give a shit and focus on helping a faction until your questline organically brings you into contact with the institute and your child. But they don't. They force you into pre-made character because it would have taken effort, and Emil was too proud of his super special story to allow players to fuck it up by making their own choices.

That last paragraph says it all, in other Fallout games you do get a clear objective, but it's one that any character could take as they wish, whereas no parent, especially one that is scripted to be a loving parent, would let their kid be stolen and not care about it for weeks.
From the point you enter the Institute things even out a little more, but still are far too fucked up to have any freedom

I just want to say that the legendary enemies, loot, and bosses are all a massive step up from previous bethesda titles. Winning the special olympics, but still. You can argue that the loot doesn't "fit", but considering what the game (doesn't) have it at least attempts to make things more interesting even if it's the wrong way of doing it.