Has so much text that it might as well be a VN

How do you fuck up a game so badly?
And this is just in the first few hours, what the FUCK happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

4chan.org/vp
archive.is/YlLSg
vocaroo.com/i/s0wtHkVRu7UT
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pokemon Black/White were made, and the franchise has never recovered. Pokemon Platinum and HG/SS were the last good games they ever made.

You're forgetting Black and White 2, that was peak Pokemon alongside HGSS.

lol
no

Moon Man Edition is the best Edition.

hey man raticates are hard they instapwn all of your pokemon with super fang and thats just not fair

Pokemon post-(my first Pokemon game) has always been shit.

Pokemon was always shit and for children you moron

these don't have super fang

Fuck, there's an actual 'Super Fang' move.

hyper tooth then

Here I come to interject that, yes, they were. You had the PWT for instance, and that let you fight past trainers from every gen before. Then you had that mall thing you could upkeep and get items for a cheaper discount. Black City/White Forest as an end game was fine enough not to be Battle Frontier.

Not that bad, and the text is mostly centered on best PokeGirl.
As opposed to the lack of story they've given previously. It's actually pretty good, don't be a shitter.
Doesn't happen often after the start and reoccurs during the end, as it always does.
Non-issue, really.
He doesn't speak that often, and you usually miss what he says.
It's still a bit of novelty for kids and me.
You mean the Leaders, E4 and Champ using it, like they have in every other fucking game you idiot?
You have to encounter them first, and while stupid, kids can't be expected to remember typings of 800 pokemon. If you know them, then you can ignore them, if you don't, it helps.
Like every other game. End game they start pulling 3-5 all ~8 above wild.
Wrong. So fucking wrong. They're actually really big, and I'd say there's more accessible areas than any previous game.
"Waaaagh, I can't be an edgy fucktard and play with Penis online!!!!!!!!"
Also, if you're hacking your console to play Pokemon early, you can disable the filter on all games. Not that you'd know that, because you likely only hacked it just to play a child's game 10 days early.
"Waaaaagh, why are they adding detail to the environments!?"
Doesn't happen that often. You can regularly wander off.
Don't use them then. Anyways, you need them, the game is actually harder than previous games. You will get steamrolled if you just breeze through.
The Raticate fucks you up if you don't have trained pokemon.

You seem to be a bit flustered that this is actually a good game and blows Muh GenWun out of the water. They go ahead and fix up so many things people were upset with, and it's actually pretty fun, even though aimed at kids. This is the 2nd best Gen, aften 3.Fight me cunt.

None of this makes them good user

After being incredibly underwhelmed with the demo minus us FINALLY being able to not load our teams up with HM slaves and then having it glitch out on me and freeze so I couldn't get all the free shit I knew it was time to cancel my preorder.

Why did they make it so easy? Every fucking game since Diamond and Pearl has been an absolute cakewalk. Even my younger nephew is no longer interested although he watches the show religiously because he says its boring.

Who is the target of these new games? Lobotomy patients?

Pokemon should probably add difficulty settings so spergs can get their watered down SMT and kids can get their baby's first RPG.

Close, furfags and nintoddlers

Good thing they have a stellar pokedex, too.

You mean like every Pokemon game?
You mean like every Pokemon game?
So OP did you actually play the game? Show us your Pokemon then.

Oh okay you just came here to shitpost.

Pick only one.

Shit, man, if you're going to greentext in response to quotes, can you please space it so that your post can actually be read?

So this is better, then? No doors on a bunch of buildings?

And that's just one house. Compare that to:
From every other game.

They're just on the side you can't see, user.

Damn, how does it feel to be so fucking cuked by a company? How much do they pay you?
Here's my team

Except now you not only have fake buildings, but when you go in real buildings you also have fake doors.
Goddamn dude what a fucking cuckold

Quality thread, though, user. Ignore all the arguments that go against your thinking, while you agree with incorrect shit and assumptions from people who haven't played it. You voted for her, didn't you?

Confirmed underage b8.

Damn dude, do you name your pokemon Coldsteel or something?
Chill out

What if they're just locked? Also

Double confirmed underaged

Then why are you getting so mad about defending it? lel

Reddit confirmed

Damn dude at least post an argument or something, sperging out isn't making you look smart or anything

You appear to be on both the wrong board and website, let me help you out.
4chan.org/vp

Why are you getting so mad about people proving how much of an underage dickhead you are?

I did post an argument, you redditor

Thanks for your visit /vp/, you didn't need to bother

I don't think you know what that means user

Oh right, thought you were that other user. You want a response to each point?

I dunno, if I showed only your posts to an user who wasn't in this thread, they'd think you were underaged.

Also, you didn't respond to either of the listed rebuttals of your posts, numbnuts.

Yeah, because this is totally pokemon snap 2. Where you don't move
And the Pokemon also don't move
And it's completely pointless for anything

I'm crying because they didn't, the battles are piss easy this way

Then why not make the battles automatic. I mean shit, might as well remove types completely. Make the battles like the ones they used for pokemon go where you just spam the click out of a normal attack.

I didn't though, it's easy as shit

Damn, got me there.

You need to have it be even easier to get through this? Jesus they might as well you give a lvl 100 pokemon

How would anyone know this? Did you actually lose during the first trial and had to try again?
What the shit are you saying

So I take it you like it then?
Let's face it though, Sun and Moon was Game Freak rushing to get one last game on the 3DS before Nintendo kills the system off for the Switch.

You must have forgotten that you're playing a dumbed down JRPG with only four moves you fucking tard. Pokemon was never good.

Was there really the need to make it even more accessible?
Aren't kids already retarded enough?

You have to compensate for the ones that are products of Common Core

How is the difficulty curve?
ORAS was too easy for me, and navigating XY felt dull.

Kinda curious to pick it up. Yes there's better RPGs, but it's nice as casual fun

adding more moves kinda defeats the point.

There are other mon games like Shin Megami Tensei that restrict your move slots to 8 at a time, but as a result they have a gimped moveset usually and you have fusing to compensate.

Note that the SMT games try to be some of the hardest RPGs out there, and having only 4 moves at that difficulty would make the game impossible.

However Pokemon is designed to be easy to access, you fight with only one or two monsters at a time, usually and the whole system is based on an 18 layered rock paper scissors deal, so having 8 moves or even just more then 4 that could potentially cover the WHOLE grid (due to some types sharing weaknesses and others having more weaknesses then others) it would make the game way fucking easier.

The difference between pokemon and SMT is that SMT doesn't have types when it comes to resistance (each enemy has their own unique resistance) and that Pokemon is a multiplayer game, which needs balance.

Now I know you're a casual who basically understands it like: "durr less moves means worse game durr" but millions of people who still play the game aren't wrong because you have shit, uninformed opinions.

You didn't move in Snap
But they do, so you just confirmed you haven't played the game, and therefore nothing else you say is valid

You did though
And yeah fair enough they walk out of frame slowly as shit. Still not much like snap

No, whatever you were riding in moved.

Agreed, so many times I just want ocontinue playing but I have to sit through some drawn out dialog.
Ehh, I haven't found it too bad yet. I'm glad they tried to have it more story oriented. Alola is pretty cool too.
It's usually pretty short though
I dislike this. I prefer figuring out where you have to go
I don't really mind it, but it's pretty reduntant when you have a stupid marker on your map telling you exactly where to go.
Yeah I don't get the point of this. I mean I've only tried the first one wich you're forced to do, but it doesn't seem like you can actually get cool pictures. It's just the pokemon standing around.
I've only noticed special trainers do this, which they always have.
You have to have already battled the pokemon before at least. It's kind of convenient but I'd rather not have it.
Keyword: the begenning. It should have stopped sooner though. I'm about to get off the first island so I hope the next trainers are better.
Can't really comment since I haven't been to the other Islands, but I'd assume all of them equal the size of a normal pokemon region, if not larger.
Haven't noticed this because I haven't tried to go in every house, but if so that's pretty lame.
Didn't really notice this until the path to the first trial. A bit lame but I was too busy following the story to care.
So far only one character gave me revives, which I haven't found at any Pokemon center. Same with great balls, although that was twice. As for potions I don't remember getting them constantly, just a few times near the very beginning. Didn't really matter since I had already bought a ton. I hope this stops once I get to the second island though.
Yeah it was piss easy. I actually beat the last raticate with one hit from a fighting type move.

So yeah I agree with most, especially the markers which I find hurts the sense of exploration. Makes the game feel more linear. I do like that they tried to stray from the gym formula though, although it's basically just replaced with trials. I'm hoping they get better after the first island. I got it for free though so I don't really care too much.

It's actually pretty difficult really quickly. After you've finished all the main trials, suddenly you get brickwalled by teams that actually have been thought about.

lol
Fuck off user

I feel the same way, but I feel like the gym system could've been improved first rather than completely ditched

I had the hardest time against the Totem Lurantis, Trumbeak kept killing my grass owl and I'm really upset.

Best pokemon game by far, bye autists, see you next week

lol, what a fag.

fake

It's just a game, fam.

This was my team btw, I think the photo is vertical so don't mind that :/

Shit nicknames, friend. 0/10

No they aren't! You're horrible!

Out of a list of gripes, try to actually hide the fact that you didn't play the game. You only get told information after fighting a pokemon once, like getting basic dex info as in the show.

What a gay.

I don't how this makes it better or worse.
I could maybe understand if that happened once you caught the pokemon. But after you fight it once is absolutely pointless.

Excellent arguments, drones. :^)

You too

there's an hyper tooth move too

You're still being retarded after all this time. Trials ARE Gyms. Go do one right now. You can't leave, you can't catch the Pokemon, and there's battles as well as a theme/gimmick for each. They are just Gym Battles you can walk around in.

You must of migrated here with OP. Please go back together holding hands.

yes it really is shit tier writing. "its fine cause muh waifu" thats a shit reason to think any of the text of good
What lack of story? every game has had a decent story this ones just shitter than the rest. it makes the anime look actually bearable
it happens on every route, from team skull, your rival, every kahuna, every trail owner, the professor and friends.
quest markers in an already horribly linear game is an issue.
He speaks after every flag and sometimes at the end of routes. On top of being able to tap him to get him to repeat.
its a bad novelty. especially since its only at predefined spots instead of throughout the overworld
No a lot route trainers have been using them.
Its an excessive amount of hand-holding and if they actually had good designs you'd be able to tell most typings
just because every other game had that still doesnt make it a good design choice, especially since most people have 6 by the end of the first island and by the end of the second its still rare for a trainer to have 2
no they're pretty small
consistently having every door open was an environmental detail, they've literally added less detail.
no you cant. there has been only one point where i could walk ahead of the predetermined route, and that was the graveyard before the second kahuna fight.
Don't use them isn't an excuse for them force feeding the items to you.
No it doesn't, you'll only get steamrolled if you're an idiot.
its a terrible game and by far worse than gen6, which was already incredibly bad. this is the worst gen.

I'm always a bit nervous about running into a shiny during a Trial. You can't use Pokeballs :O

Is there good post game content? Or am I gonna have to wait for a romhack that fixes the game like OR/AS

Battling online and battle facilities are the only good post game content in any game

They're not though. There's no challenge. I do like the fact that you can't leave, sure, but that doesn't make them any less challenging.

I mean shit if Game Freak's idea of making a game challenging is pitting you against two pokemon at the same time then they're never gonna make anything properly challenging.
It's the same fucking story of the trainers that instead of having good AI or pokemon use a bunch of healing items. It's not challenging, it's just annoying and sometimes even unfair.

That would be awful xD

So they're like gyms?

its a bit more lackluster than oras/XY

Welp, I'll wait for romhacks for it then. At least Pokémon Prism is almost done so I can get my fix there

damn dude, that's fucking dedication.
I was into it too, the Crystal source code makes it really easy to do new stuff, to bad you're still limited by the size of the game and can't add new pokemon or too many new areas.

They used to be, a long long time ago.

Holy shit, I knew you were going to bring that up, I just knew it

Still really impressive what they managed to pull of based on the trailer.

what

No, they were fucking easy.
Anyone who had trouble with whitney is either retarded or a little kid (and therefore retarded)

It does look pretty impressive.
Can't wait until the Source code of Ruby is finished

What the fuck nigger? It's a perfectly valid word. It's when you go to fart and shit comes out instead, there's no other thing to call it except "accidentally shitting yourself" which is way more syllables. How you witch-hunting morons come to these conclusions that certain words somehow identify a person as a newfag boggles my mind. If he were complaining about something being "problematic" then you'd have a fucking point. But shart? really?

MUH POSTGAME
Just admit that "postgame" is the idolised version of the empty kanto from GSC morons.
For fucks sake, these people don't actually play the games, they just idly absorb as little as possible to pass as "fans" while idolizing the few Pokemon they like out of nostalgia.

< Confirmed to be an massive Hillary Voter Idiot.

What

Considering johto tops out at level 50 that'd be a very generous definition of "postgame"

Are malasadas any good? Macaroons looked like artificial sugary trash so I never tried them but malasadas look pretty much like donuts.

B2/W2 were worse. All it did was fuck up the archiving and gave the fags going "BAWWWW I WANT MUH OLDER GEN POKEMANS BACK!" the same game but with more variety in pokemon you found. The Tournament was the only thing it did right.

B2/W2 were fine, faggot.

Just want to point out that up until this gen, the story has been pretty much copypasta of Gen 3's story with the first half of gen 5 being the only exception.

I think its more a factor of something to do after you beat the game. That's why HG/SS is considered the best with both BF and full Kanto.

Op confirmed for fag.

I'm still not entirely sure what the fuck malasadas even are.

Is such a thing even possible?

you are full of shit. It still happens quite frequenly and I have about 9 hours into the game.

never doubt gamefreak

Well if I ever get around to beating that sloggy borefest I might explore Kanto, have failed 3 times so far. HG/SS is so bad

Found the faggot contrarian

ITT: triggered virginmons can't handle other people not dick sucking their game

Feels good when that happens~

Playing Pokemon for the single player is like playing a Street Fighter for the single player.

Yeah no, the single player certainly isn't important. The "competitive" side of the game is soooooo much better. Everybody knows pokemon for how good the online is.

If you want to play a single player RPG then at least play a good one.
If you're playing Pokemon then the only reason to even play it is to play against other people.

Limited to 5% of the available characters and filled with autists?

It's just as if I were playing Todd Howard's Fallout 4 (tm)

the only good thing they had going for them was the competitive, gen 4 was the peak of the competitive

I get that competitive is strictly better, but I don't get why people talk about fighting game single-player like there is no point in its existence. It's still fun (unless the game itself is shitty) even without someone to play with.

I don't want to play an RPG. I want to play a good pokemon game.
I don't give a shit if people call it an RPG, I don't play pokemon to play an RPG.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I named my character "Solei", go ahead and dox me.

I liked it

Addendum:

I'm at the aether paradise or whatever facility. I met a dude named Faba at a hotel, and now a Wicke girl, and it has been almost 10 minutes of smashing the A button through text and they just now shut their trap.

Again, you are full of shit.

I am currently learning German (English is my second language, too).
I've been for a couple of years now and got the basic grammar down, but I don't really do anything with the language because I don't really feel the need to, since everything is readily available to me in English. So my vocab is pretty limited at the moment.
Would playing Pokemon Moon in German be a good idea?

Pokemon Blue taught me french when I was 6
So, maybe

That isn't what he was even talking about, retard

free

I thought it was better than Gen 6.

No shit

Grow the fuck up you.

Listen mister reggie, we know you think the game is really good, but you're very detached from your audience so I don't think you know what is good and what isn't
I'm sorry Iwata died, I'm sure that was a big hit for you, but you can't keep making up excuses and releasing trash like this, alright?

What's there to like? He just comments on shit that happened. It's like having a let's player in the game

Nintendo doesn't even make or localize Pokemon, you fucking newfag. also

I said release.
And the Pokemon Company is owned by Nintendo.

Also

Ah, the last straws of a man that has no more arguments.

People seem to really get triggered by (numbers) here

You already proved you're a redditfag, see these redditfag quality posts

Because I give stupid names to my pokemon?
Yeah, definitely reddit.

But you're not reddit even though you like a game for 8 year olds and don't know how to use greentext properly
makes sense

Prove it's for 8 year olds
But I do, reddit.

WHEN WILL GUMSHOOS LEARN ANOTHER NORMAL ATTACK?
I'VE BEEN USING TACKLE FOR 28 LEVELS!!!

Oh look, another gen 3 fag is finally 18.

Rotomdex doesn't even have personality.
I wanted sass, constantly angry, dopey and kind of slow, but he doesn't have any personality traits whatsoever.

Whatzzzz thizzz you are zzzzayin'. ZZttt? Zzzttt. Who doezzzn't like mindlezzzzz banter after anything happenzzz? Am I right, pal? Zzzzztttt

Start - Tackle
Start - Leer
Start - Pursuit
Start - Sand Attack
L3 - Leer
L7 - Pursuit
L10 - Sand Attack
L13 - Odor Sleuth
L16 - Bide
L19 - Bite
L23 - Mud-Slap
L27 - Super Fang
L31 - Take Down
L35 - Scary Face
L39 - Crunch
L43 - Hyper Fang
L47 - Yawn
L51 - Thrash
L55 - Rest

(you)

It's easy as shit, everything is repeated a hundred times, the make it impossible for you to stray from the path they decided for you and they give you quest markers.
That good enough

So is every video game
Same as every video game
Most video games do the same
Try harder, reddit.

Thankies~

Haha, fucking full denial
Have fun with the game Reggie, I'm not gonna waste my time responding to your weak ass bait

Hey user, guess what? Most video games are made for children! Wow, right?

You mean you?
Saying this game and all the other games are good?
lol

oh god thats exactly what is

it stopped being a good game series after gen 4

What happened to not replying to me, redditfag? Are you that weak willed?

Except it didn't, there are no bad Pokemon games.

It was so stupid I just had to

You are pretty stupid, I agree.

Pokemon is at its best when its open, encouraging you to explore, find new pokemon and uncover secrets.
Pokemon is at its worst when its linear, story-laden and hand-holdy. From the sounds of OP, this is how Sun and Moon play out. Here's the questions you need to ask; can you battle the gyms out of order, how many gyms in can you visit every city.

Pokemon Red, all it has going for it is Growlithe

So every game?

Calm that autism son, you don't have to reply to every post.

I can't even remember the last game that encouraged you to catch pokemon that you won't use during the game just for the sake of filling the pokedex

That's because you don't play Pokemon because you're a poser redditfag. Every game has made it a point to tell you to try to complete the Pokedex. You shouldn't even need to be encouraged.

Autism.
Please write more, everyone loves walls o' sperg.

I think they reached a point where they decided nobody can 'catch 'em all' in any practical sense so they weren't going to encourage it, what with legendaries you can only get at events etc. They even stopped encouraging you to be the best like no one ever was, and the Elite Four in some games is more of a side event or post-game content to be played after the story.
Mandatory legendary battles was the stupidest idea.

Except you can in a practical sense, it's easier than ever.
Online events that are easily accessible.
Autism

It immediately takes the adventure out of the game.

except there are. gen 6 and 7 being the absolute worst

nope and ther are no gyms more like short minigames and a "boss" battle that's only difficulty is dealing with the fact its a 2v1

Finishing the regional pokedex is more than possible, they could at least try that.
I also agree about the mandatory legendary battles, but that unfortunately comes with the "you're so special" stories they have been pushing since Ruby and Sapphire that for whatever reason they can't seem to get rid off.

whatever happened to just wanting to be the best?

Nope, Gen 6 was good and Gen 7 is shaping up to be good.

Redditfags like you.

Pretty much.

You're the same fucking pokefag from this archive.is/YlLSg thread aren't you?

Remember this?
vocaroo.com/i/s0wtHkVRu7UT

What?

I was fe6be8 in that thread
Good times

What pokemon really needs is the ability to choose your own goal instead of forcing you on a linear path. A player should be able to choose what they aspire towards, be it catch all pokemon, beat the elite four, shut down Team Evil Guys, run a gym or just find specific legendary pokemon.

That sounds awful. And with the pokemon I've seen, skipping Gen 7.

You're just sitting behind your keyboard fuming and waiting for posts to be angry about.

Hearing the word "cuck" out loud is so weird. I really hope this meme doesn't leak into the real world.

Imagine that

But I'm not.

That would require more than a year of work to make the game, and unfortunately Nintendo is making plenty of money from retards like 3ff881 that keep buying this shit either way.

I feel like this is the time where we will start seeing more games trying to get the pokemon formula right. I already have a few ideas myself, probably will work on them one day.

Which it has been.
WATCH OUT GUYS, WE HAVE AN IDEAGUY HERE

Well problem is, if you use the exact formula pokemon does for battling down to the status effects, phys/spec split etc, people will call it a rip off and call it shit. If you change anything, people like 3ff881 won't buy it because they've got raging hardons when slurping Game Freaks shit.
Sad thing is, pokemon could be so much more than they currently are, but they'd rather make linear, animu adventure stories for children.

Look out, he's going nuclear! Prepare for an allcaps meltdown! He can't handle that people hate pokemon!
Also what do you think of pic related?

it wasnt, it isnt

This is true. There is a reason it isn't the series' tagline anymore. They stopped at gen 4 if not before. There is no persuasion to fill the pokedex anywhere in the games anymore.

nigga nobody's even mentioned other monster catchers

I have a shiny Haxorus, her name is "Labrys".

Yeah that's exactly the problem I'm having right now. I have a wall filled with post its about trying to change the combat and the type split.
I have a few ideas for the types, but man I have no idea how to make a good combat without copying it straight from Pokemon. I don't want to fall in the YoKai mistake.

I do know that feel user. Pokemon would take so little to make it great.

Are you just using a proxy? Also
Duh

It was never the tagline outside of the US, retard

so…what's an ultra beast

Tell us what "so little" is so we can all laugh at your stupidity.

Legendary Pokemon from an alternate dimension

Shiny charm has been the incentive for awhile now. If you're autistic enough to catch 'em all then you're probably autistic enough to shiny hunt so it seems like a good enough reward to me.

The nigga could've been talking about digimon or dragon quest monsters or whatever that final fantasy one is, the fact that you mention yo-kai watch specifically is weird. Are you paranoid that small japanese ghosts will overwrite your furry dreams?

It's called an example, retard.

It was the tagline for the series for every non-Japanese speaking country.

Well look, I'm not going to just shoot down an idea without trying to help it first. What you have to do is strip back the idea of pokemon to what it truly is at its base, and what it is is an RPG where you can pick and choose from a giant roster of characters with a mix of strengths/weaknesses and abilities, then set up in a series of 1v1 battles.
The problem past games have had is they ended up much too grindy, almost like a traditional RPG, or they didn't have very engaging combat (often both). If you look at the digimon DS games, they're alright, but they get tedious as time goes on from having to manage the ups and downs of evolution, and I haven't touched Yokai watch but I hear its something to do with the combat?

If you can take the base frame work and incorporate it in a new way then you have a lot of room for creativity. I'd look to tactical RPG's like Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre etc for inspiration, as they typically have a lot of these elements, just a different combat system.

Liar.

I meant persuasion, not reward.
Of course there is a reward for filling the pokedex. There has been one in every game, but the game doesn't really encourages you to go and get that reward. It surprised me this game actually has an "evaluate your pokedex" option so in the open, though

That's some good advice user.
I haven't played the Digimon games on the DS, I'll try them

If you can call it "combat", it has auto-battles.

The persuasion is the reward, dumbass.

so you've never played it then?

It's an example nobody was using, retard.

It isn't you dense mouthbreather. The games barely even tell you there is a reward to being with, if *at all*. How can you persuade someone to get something if you don't even tell them it exists?

Just keep in mind what really makes pokemon shine is that you can play it with next to no depth, over-leveling and only using super effective damage types to win battles and enjoy the game, or you can go full autism and build a complex strategy-oriented team with strengths, weaknesses, sweepers etc etc. It's all because it simplifies it in different levels of complexity and keeps it to primarily one on one battles.

I honestly think you could do something with western fantasy. Dragons, octopus, chimera, harpies etc etc. You could have types like Undead, Demon, Holy/Divine etc etc and build some really interesting ideas.

That's always been

So Dragon Quest Monsters.

I've really come to hate western fantasy, and I'm not talented enough nor know anyone talented enough with art and assets to creat something that would make it interesting like, say, Dark Souls.

I had played around with the idea of straight up Ghosts and making something with some horror tones here and there but still leaving it lighthearted like Luigi's Mansion. But I'm fucking stumped, and now that Yo Kai is a thing it would come as a ripoff unfortunately.

Fucked if I do, fucked if I don't

Haven't played Dragon Quest Monsters. Is it any good?

Might as well put ideas on paper to start user. Go bottom up design. Build the foundation and add flavour to it later (and adjust mechanics to suit). It's a safer way to design and at least you've got something.

I was hoping Yo-Kai Watch 3 would touch more on american myths and cryptids, but it was really just an excuse to use a different area, some american stereotype yo-kai, and some bitching brass in their ost.
At least they improved the gameplay, but america is such a wasted area in it.

???

If it's the same game as games before why do nostalgiafags hate newer games so much?

I don't know user, why do you think Gen 3 is the best?

Honestly I think it's pretty bleh, not as bad as say Gen 3 (only saving grace is a few of the new pokemon in this game are decent) but nowhere near as good as more recent pokemon games.

I think every generation is the best, not just Gen 3

Who cares what a furfag thinks?

says the faggot who likes pokemon

brutal

I wanted to try using Rockruff but I caught a muddy horse and it was great right off the bat so I boxed my Rockruff. How big of a mistake was this? Moon

You realize you're the only defending pokeshiy and that everyone here is instead laughing at YOU.

pot, meet kettle

Liar

I can't speak for whether or not Rockruff or its evos are any good competitively, I was just speaking design-wise.

Op is correct. The game is clearly trying to be a Level 5 RPG. The problem is level 5 games are based on animes so you follow the anime plot and can explore the towns around the plot a little. This is not that ant it feels rail roaded as fuck because of it.

Worst game since Black/white which did the same thing.

I don't think he's a liar, I just think he's very stupid
Or a very well payed shill

Where can I see the list of levels?

Also Totem pokemon battles run at maybe 10 FPS. 4 way battles run at 5 FPS.

Completely unplayable "mini game" because the frame rate is so bad you can count a full second before it responds to your input on the O3DS

Maybe if you read the thread you would have seen more people were laughing at the faggot known as OP.

Fuck off reddit

It's a company you faggot they make Yokai watch (the new pokemon in Japan), Danball senki, Gundam AGE and attack of the Friday monsters. They locked up the old Pokemon market basically.

Don't forget LBX which tried to be the new custom robo and only kind of succeeded

This is why Mystery dungeon has been better for a while

Danball senki Is the Japanese name for "LBX", which is the name of the robots they use.

It did reasonably well in Japan as it got 3 series but it's been dead in the water for a while since the 3rd series. It did a Digimon thing.

Was better
the latest ones have exactly all the same problems as the current pokemon games

fuck u super mystery dungeon was great

But it has Guzma so it's all good

I really didn't like it user
But hey I only liked the original and Explorers of the sky so I'm not that big of a fan as most people probably are

What's not to like?

I gave them the benefit of the doubt for that

So someone spill it.
How do UB's work, they looked like they'd be one man pokemon teams and essentially be more standard RPG bosses but I heard you can catch them which kills that sort of idea

Literally just regular pokemon. They get stat boost when you fight them but they're otherwise just 570 bst legendaries in every way except you can catch multiple of some. They really dropped the ball on this.

That's so lame, would it have been too hard to make a separate version with different stats (just something like a whole teams worth of HP) to act like a boss fight, something gameplay wise that could be considered different.

So can you catch them first time you encounter them or is it post game only?

Post game only. Also some have kinda fucked stats.

Aight

really

aint all the new pokemon basically shitmons with base speeds of like 40
and all the new forms have the exact same stats as their shitmon forms making them just as unplayable?

*teleports behind you and unzips self*

How are these things even a threat? they're all weaker then your standard mega and isn't this set of islands near where all the champions (who all seem to have megas now) go on holiday

Wrong.
Alola forms have small stat adjustments that tend to be for the better but I don't see many making any impact competitively. Maybe ninetales with snow warning because 109 speed and aurora veil on a doubles hail team.

dude if ever new mon has average stats but with all base speeds lower then fucking 50 all while older pokemon are just outright better that isnt wrong

Anyone who plays VGC is a nobody.

Not every pokemon needs to be a sweeper.

Not every pokemon needs to have a speed lower than 50
but here we are

TBH doubles seems like what pokemon should have moved to, can't as easy just make a sweeper and then it's just waiting to lose or win, certain moves got certain changes around gen 2 - 4 because of doubles involving how they hit and it makes a better back and forth.

Well when it's not like the nintendo pokemon event IDK what it's called but an user posted some matches when it was on where it's 2 primals, 1 mega rayquazar + 1 other uber for every match due to how busted the Meta is.

Really liked the gamecube game for doing it like that but hated how long every animation was due to showing off the 3d and being very limited with selection.

Here the thing, pokemon was never good to begin with, you just didn't knew any better. The franchise was always meant to be for children, it was always simplistic, it's babby's first rpg and there's nothing wrong with that so now it's time to move on.

How does it feel to be wrong and a buzzword spewing faggot?

It may have always been shit but it's also always had the potential to be really good. How many other competetive rpgs are out there? If there are any, they sure as fuck don't have the playerbase pokemon does. If gamefreak were to just take an extra month to tweak some shit and weren't afraid to patch the game to tweak shit even more after release, they could have an extremely good game on their hands without alienating the younger players who don't understand the mechanics or don't care. Instead we get pushed out, low effort games because gamefreak knows it will sell as long as it looks pretty.
Credit where credit is due though, sun/moon is easily one of the best gens to date and by far the hardest.

He's back ladies and gentlemen!

user I made a post here you fucking slow as shit faggot.

Dragon quest monster joker, but those games have a just as busted meta if not more so then pokemon and with each game they just pile more power on everything instead of balancing anything (there was an attempt with making certain monsters cost multiple team slots but then they increased the cap of how large parties are and made the multi slot ones strong as hell)

You mean turn-based RPG right? Let's not kid ourselves here, if it wasn't heavily marketed at the time the first gen came out, nobody would give a shit about pokemon anymore, let alone playing it competitively.
Why would they bother when you've got an army of autistic manchildren high on nostalgia ready to buy your next shit? I sure wouldn't work hard on it if I were them.

You're playing a literal kid's game; what do you expect?

Except it wasn't heavily marketed until AFTER the initial sales boon. The anime first aired April 1, 1997 in Japan and by then the games were over a year old, released February 27, 1996, and then they were brought over to western markets in 1998 after it was shown that they sold well in Japan.

thanks for proving how autistic you are.

I've been avoiding spoilers, is this shit real or just shitposting?

I don't care what you motherfuckers say about the game anymore. That's the best fucking name any pokemon has ever had.

No, that's just an edit

Story is truly shit. It really feels taken out from the anime.

No fucking shit, user

There is anime and there is Pokemon anime.
If you don't know the difference then…

To the filter it goes

It's nothing but the honest to baby Jesus truth

I didn't mean the picture, user. I know they didn't put karl fucking pilkington's face on a pokemon.

Sad, then.

Oh since I already have this thread and I'm already (50+) posts into it
Do you unlock more clothes if play as a boy

I've finished the first island, explored everything there but the shop in town still only is selling three different patterns for shirts and like two for pants.
That can't be all, right?

How long is each island? in terms of hrs

I took my sweet time, caught every pokemon in the first, took breaks without suspending the 3DS and it took me around 5 hours.

I have another question. How the fuck are you niggers playing it? You need homebrew? I'm assuming you do. Sadly I fucked myself over with that by updating to the latest system update, why even live?

You install the homebrew, then it's just a problem of finding the file, putting it on an SD, and installing it
That's it

different shops have different clothes available

Citra

Like I said, I updated to the latest version like a fucking cuck. I doubt homebrew for the latest version would come out within the next 6 or so months at the very least.

How is that my problem

I used the quest markers to know where not to go so I can clear everything possible before advancing

damn nigga
my prayers are with you

The quest markers only point to things that you have to do to advance user

I avoid the marker till I've checked everything else. Duh.

Then no, OP is a lying redditfaggot who likes to overuse "cuck" like a newfag for reasons already pointed out here

There's stuff to miss?
so far it's been linear as fuck for me

Lol what a faggot who doesn't even explore in the games AFTER complaining about the games not having enough exploration

so does this thread
holy fuck is this a lot of text

I'm going to stop my non responding to how retarded you are to point out that you don't have Lapras when you go through the events while you are on the first island, so not following the quest markers and getting there gives you absolutely nothing.
Once again, you're retarded,

How the fuck do you actually get to there anyway?

Which is why you go back to the first island after getting it, you dumb fucking redditfag kike.

Hint: look around the field where you find Oricorio on the first island, you'll find something towards the west wall.

WAAA

We were not talking about going back to it.
We were talking about not following the quest markers.

Jesus Christ what a butthurt fag

WOW
FUCKING GAME MECHANICS
WOW

if you already played XY you should know picking male for character customization is the worst thing you can do

I don't want to play as a woman man
And yet, the thing that still pisses me off more is that in XY they allowed you to wear a fake moustache for your trainer video, but you couldn't wear it for the rest of the game.

The customization is so fucking shit and I really don't get why, it's the easiest thing they could do to add content

what are you gay

yellow version babby spotted

everyone who has played sun/moon played the leaked version, the actual game isn't even out yet nigger

yellow was best version

Bulbasaur doesn't make it easier either, it only learns leech seed for a while.

HOW NEW R U

but if youre playing yellow how are you going to start with charmander

thats way better than relying on tackle or scratch alone

Oh right
That was for starting with pikachu
I'm fucking retarded

Christ, Holla Forums.

thats a decent way fam

Vine whip sure as shit does

stop me u lil bitch

it's alright fam, fighting Brock with pikachu was pretty hard too, if you don't get a gay ass manky

huh…so wait, does the gen 4 mascot trio count?

No because that's what stupid people do. There are plenty of Pokemon available before Brock that easily help you out if you pick Charmander or have Pikachu. That said, I solo'd Yellow with Pikachu and beat Brock easily as well.

Arguably Giratina, but I think it gets a pass as being in a pocket dimension connected to the pre-Gen VI games' universe. Palkia and Dialga are just masters of space-time.

that's fucking retarded and underwhelming so I guess nothing changed

HOW
NEW
R
U

Anyone have the chart of version exclusives?

I fought Brock with a charmander as a kid. Did it twice too on both original versions where Metal Claw did not exist.

You have no idea what it feels like to go through the ENTIRE GAME only using Charmander and HM Slaves

I remember that I leveled up Charmander to 22 just for the first gym. I couldn't beat Brock, and I ran out of money so badly that I couldn't even go into the 50 buck museum.

I also beat Misty with my overleveled Charmeleon.

I was a kid, and I guess I kept using Charmander, not because he was cool, but because after a while catching new mons was pointless, because he could get through fucking EVERYTHING after those first two gyms.

And you know what? I did the same thing with the Pikachu in pokemon Yellow.

It took me a 2 weeks as a kid to even get through Brock's gym like this.

Do not underestimate the determination of a child.

I have a very important question Holla Forums. It will determine my in game gender for this shitfest. Do custom female characters get spats at all?

user, I know the struggle that you experienced

I remember LVL 100 Charizard

Everyone itt should kill themselves.

This is exactly why Pokemon threads should only consist of talking about Pokebros and posting sexy Pokegirls.

no