Are you economically viable?

Are you economically viable?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Latasha_Harlins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If I had to come up with the most intellectually devoid film of the 90's, this would easily take the prize. There is no substance, no fun, no greater picture, no connection to any human value, just an amalgam of edgy try-hard cliches.

It's basically a black comedy, you are taking it too seriously.

That's the problem though. It's not funny enough to fully be a black comedy. Name me one memorable joke or objectively funny scene of this movie. If you ask 100 people what type of movie this is and you'll get 100 different answers. It has no identity, no form. It tries way too hard to be a catch-all movie but falls flat on its face under the weight of its own shit.

The ending is the best part honestly.
Fuck you Captain Yardley, fuck you very much

Hapas can't sense humor since their entire life is a joke, our joke is their reality.

But the protagonist is a white male šŸ¤”

Also:
This entire movie is a laugh fest.

It's a classic. Always worth a watch.

you forgot the phone booth scene

That's why hapas don't get it.

The burger place scene was pretty funny. I love it when movies come up with fake products and restaurants.

It makes an interesting point though, why do places like McDonalds stop serving breakfast at a given time. You'd think that they would make more money if they served the food later on. It just makes sense in a capitalist society.

Well, they do serve breakfast anytime now, so the point is moot.

having breakfast stuff ready to be made has a cost. they've probably judged that there's not enough demand for non-morning breakfast to make that cost worth it.

Yeah but this was shot back in the 90's. Back then, we didn't have "breakfast anytime"

You've obviously never worked in a fast food restaurant. The shit is already prepared, why do you think it is given to you so fast? You think niggers are cooking raw beef in the background? No, they are cooking frozen beef that is already prepared.

they take the patties straight out of the freezer and toss it on the grill? I would have thought they needed to be thawed first

This movie inspired a song by the world's greatest metal band.

The patties come out raw and frozen, there is 0 responsibility for the niggers to cook the burgahs though. The automatic grill does everything, all they do is transfer meat off and onto the grills

One of the few decent songs from the Blaze Bailey era.

>>>/soyboys/

fuck off kike

I actually like almost everything from that era. After that, Brave New World was the last album of which I can say I like almost every song. The newer ones are very hit and miss, mainly miss.

Hi Razorfist!

I don't know how McDonalds does it but I had a friend who used to work at Hardy's a good 10 or so years ago during breakfast and he had to get in by 4 to start everything up and he didn't leave until noonish after getting everything ready for the lunch menu so I imagine it was just a shift thing.

Apparently. I keep getting credit card offers.

It's about the crumbling state of the American dream. There's no security, no community, almost no decency between characters throughout the movie. The one moment I can remember is when Not Economically Viable tells D-Fens, "Don't forget me," and he says, "I won't." Maybe at the end when the cop is trying to talk him down. For the rest of the movie, everybody's being a dick, either out of selfishness or due to inane rules.

what do you mean? there's all kinds of communities

Sure, but the sense of community between neighbors or strangers is frayed. The movie exaggerates this, obviously, but the social fabric in America has been damaged over time. Or maybe not. What do I know? I'm not old enough to actually say that's true, but it sometimes seems that way.

I'd honestly hate it if I was expected to be friendly with every neighbor and stranger. I just wanna mind my own business most of the time.

Along with The Clansman and Sign of the Cross

t. part of the problem

t. nosey faggot who needs to mind his own business

Man, the McDonalds part with the whole "the hamburger doesn't even look like in the pictures", reminds me of that thing about cereal pictures using glue instead of milk.

I am not a number! I am a free man!

Gordon Freeman!

Pure memetic kino.

I don't even want a job because I hate society

yeah? well fuck you too

Society hates you too. Pro tip: Society is going to win.

If you hate society so much, maybe you should build a business that destroys society and subvert it, like the jews. Make a organization that discriminates against white and then gain jewish lobby support and build your business into a major corporation that is based on destroying traditional values.

Reddit is all about ironic hipsterism. Something like Guardians of the Galaxy is reddit, or movies which are ā€˜2deep4Uā€™ like Drive or American Psycho.

This was the stupidest post I'd seen in a while, until I saw this one .

you what

selling a thing at a price that's clearly shown is ripping off?

I'm not a dishonest person though.

You're right, but there's no way around that when we have cities of millions of people who don't know or care about each other, ruled by elites who never interact with any of them. We left community behind when we developed modern civilization. It's only gotten worse since religious practice has declined as the church was usually where people socialized, cooperated and performed charitable works. There's also less inclination to form bonds with other people since modern life is not dangerous or difficult, so reliance on others is no longer as necessary.

so reddit basically

I like how quickly everything escalates out of control in the film. You start off with this guy getting fed up with everything, and he gets himself in increasingly more dangerous situations by all kinds of weird twists. Instead of shying away from that danger, he willingly walks into them as they appear. Then as the movie progresses through these situations, we get to see little by little just what he is really like. He doesn't flinch when the latinos threaten him, he doesn't take cover when they do a drive by on him and the shots still miss, and he doesn't think twice when he gets to blow up a truck with a bazooka. All of that shows how little he cares about his safety and that he doesn't have anything left to lose. He is a "regular" Joe who decided on a whim that he has had enough.

The pacing, humor, characters and setting are all very good and play into each other nicely. The movie takes it's time in showing you around and makes the setting very vibrant and it feels "lived in." The characters actually feel like real people. My favorite part has to be where the nazi shows him his collection of stuff, it is a turning point where the protagonist really gets himself knee-deep in trouble and where he cant walk away from it all even if he wanted to. The movie also makes it clear that he had all the opportunity to walk away before that.
All in all a great movie that makes some snide social commentary without taking the message it is conveying too seriously. The movie has a really bittersweet feel to it. Reminds me a lot of Terry Gilliam's "sober" movie making style.

One of my favorite movies that I keep coming back to. You fags that didn't like it need to get some taste.

Confirmed for room temperature IQ.

Yes, I am white.

Where the fuck have you been? The buying power of the American dollar has been dropping for decades now, hence why he could have gotten a coke for pocket change.

overrated garbage

Roll'n

Virus was pretty good too. I think you can only get it on the "Best of the Beast" CD.

See . Fuck you for calling American Psycho or Drive "reddit", though.

There may be another meaning to that scene. Consider this:

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Latasha_Harlins

yes, because more of it is being created all the time. this lowers the value of each individual dollar.

not sure what that has to do with selling things at a price, though