Some PS4 games are SLOWER on PS4 Pro, what the fuck was sony thinking?

Some PS4 games are SLOWER on PS4 Pro, what the fuck was sony thinking?

no console war bullshit pls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7q0w-Fmj49Y?t=1520
twitter.com/enMTW).
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there's already a thread, faggot, and the problem is more attributed to shit coded games

what thread? :^)

So like TLoU? Why am I not surprised…

could live without 4k just give me a better 1080p mode for the pro and i'd consider buying one

Same here, if ATLUS and Team Ninja actually enhance the FPS in their games then I'd also buy a PS4K.

Did the kike remove the other thread?

link?

I believe this is a twofold problem.

1: Running shit in higher resolution has far greater demands than the Pro can compensate for.

2: Shit developers forgot how to optimize, and thus cannot update the code for their console crap without making it worse.

It was deleted.

Is it the same games at different resolutions or like for like? If the games havent been specifically remastered for the new hardware its probably an optimisation issue. Its like how some games on PC will run better at higher graphical settings.

it can't be helped, seems like the move to 4K was a forced one

hahah

performance isn`t free

technically tons of challenges needed to be overcome to guarantee 4k

Nope. The games are simply pushing more than what the system is capable of. The hardware Sony is using is only really ideal for 1440P 30FPS and even then there are drops in games like Uncharted 4 running at that resolution.

The excuse falls apart when it's Naughty Dog games on top of that. Supposedly the peak of Sony's 1st party prowess. And their games simply cannot hold a steady framerate on the pro even with the slight CPU boost. Even the one that came out on PS3. Which means that the GPU Bottleneck is really fucked and they are going to have to eat shit and take down that resolution a peg to 1440P or 1600P for stable performance (And the textures and Texture filtering on UC4 are still dismal)

The only game with a massively improved performance on Pro so far is Battlefield 1 and that is because it's pro mode locks the resolution to 1080P and increases texture resolution. No checkerboarding or anything else. It just locks to 1080P and upscales to 4K because that is likely the limit DICE could push it and Checkerboarding has a GPU penalty as well. And that's all Pro can do for it.

When you say slower, what are you talking about, games loading? FPS?
Because in the last 24 hours the network speed on mine has fucking dropped like the britches of a $5 whore.

Keep in mind as well that Sony targeted this console to not compete with Microsoft and Nintendo. But to compete against PC gaming in general.

So they were programmed like shit. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Well you are the one claiming that Naughty Dog and FROM Software are shit. So OK. Sony 1st party are complete shit and can't program a game to save their lives on top of being movies with no gameplay.

We can all agree on that, right?

They made a beefier console but you still can't go over 60fps and have to piss away the performance on supersampling? That's pretty shitty.

Of course. It is like an arms race. Sony wants to get the "kewl" shit out first before Microsoft so people buy into Sony. Good or bad, it is all motivated by the mighty dollar.

It can't even reach 60fps.

I love when people waste their own money to prevent themselves from being rich. Yeah, I'm sure you'll have fun with your anaemic circuit board after the novelty wears off.

That is stupid. It may compete for a few years after launch, but PCs keep improving so consoles always end up obsolete. Is the PS4 going to have shit to add so it can keep up with any changes PCs recieve?

Sony's market strategy is to release a new one every few years. PS5 in 2019. PS5.5 in 2022 etc. Just buy a locked down box with budget laptop PC components every few years and pay Sony for online (Which is even more fucked considering Laptops already have full Pascal and will have full Polaris/Vega next year)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You remind me of my classmates in college that made fun of me for buying a PS2 in 2000 because they were all dead sure that the PS3 would be out by the end of 2001. I don't doubt we'll get the PS4 Ultimate or something like that, but not a PS5.

Are all these ps4 pro vids running the games in full on 4k pro mode or whatever? Or just playing the game normally?

wew

I've spent more on donuts for coworkers in a month than I spent on my PS4. My primary rifle cost four times what a PS4 costs. My primary pistol costs more than what one PS4 costs.

If you cannot afford a PS4, then you should ignore all discussion about them.

Is that because there are no games to spend on it?

I hope that's either a boutique AR or includes a nice optic and isn't something retarded like a fucking tavor.

No shit

what else am i gonna play Guilty Gear XRD Revelator on?

A PS3 or a PC

Its not available on PC.

It will in 2 months

yeah waiting around whilst everyone else levels up is not an option for me.

PS3 then

ok you got me, I only got a PS4 for the Bloodborne meme and got Revelator for PS4 instead of PS3 to try and justify my poor decision.

YOU HAPPY NOW?!!

I haven't been happy in years.

Truly, the biggest jews man has ever known. The videogame market is a blight on humanity. People will defend this.

You still got time to sell it user

In reality, the PS4 Pro will just flop because consumers can't count on consistent graphical superiority. Hopefully this will disincentivize Sony from doing bullshit like this again in the future.

I sure hope so
I keep seeing a ton of normalfags getting used to the idea since the announcement.

The only thing that might allow the PS4 Pro to succeed is if Sony lets PS4 Pro games run in the same "mode" (or whatever you want to call it) as it would on the base model. That way, when developers fuck up by introducing compromised graphical changes (rather than superior ones), you have options. But as far as I know, this isn't an option on the PS4 Pro.

I dont think thats going to attract anyone.

I hope you're right, because this is a shitty business model for consumers. It's even worse than splitting the audience into haves and have-nots; they've split it into two groups but neither has the superior option. That's not even getting into the self-contradictory mess of an idea that is iterative consoles.
It's clear, from their very similar moves over the past several years, that the Xbox and PlayStation people are making their business decisions based on the same (or at least very similar) market and development research. I would love to see them branch out more and offer more distinctive products, rather than the largely identical ones we got. Working from the same playbook has so far led to results that are either boring or bad for consumers.

Why does the british dude keep jerking off invisible cocks while he speaks?

Deus Ex MD doesn't run at 4K on pro. It only runs between 1800P and 1440P using a dynamic resolution and "Checkerboard Rendering" (Sony's fancy upscaling method)

Most of the games with performance problems don't even run at native 4K.

All british dudes are subconsciously gay.

I thought Steam took a 30% cut?

So I can run Knack at a silky smooth 3 FPS instead of 5? A cinematic revolution, bravo Sony.

These articles were released at very different times, and the PS3 and PS4 Pro are very different systems with very different goals.

Really? Can some math user remake that post with the 30% calculation?
It's still a whole fucking lot of money

1,734,678 * (1 - 0.3) = $1,214,274.60

ONE MILLION, TWO HUNDRED FOURTEEN THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY-FOUR DOLLARS AND SIXTY CENTS
ONE MILLION, TWO HUNDRED FOURTEEN THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY-FOUR DOLLARS AND SIXTY CENTS

I hope Sony bankrupt themselves by supporting more Cancer like Ghostbuster.

I hope you're right, but I ain't banking on it. Resonance online doesn't seem euphoric, but I'd expect people to be mad as fuck. Instead it's 'Yeah, down the line I'll definitely pick one up to replay my favorite games!' it's sickening.

And Adam Sandler movies which (according to the Sony E-Mail leaks) aren't even profitable.

Then why? Why does Sony keep funding shit like David Cage's shitty AAA VNs?

Holy fuck, thats pathetic
They want to sell 4K TVs with this garbage?

Retardation
Sony has gone retarded, thats the only answer I can see here.
No wonder their fans relate to them and will defend thm from any criticism.
Its like a personal attack

How the fuck should I know, cronyism and connections most likely.

Sadly, those do make a profit and are fantastic marketing material to move consoles. I'm not shitting you, it's like catnip for people that think videogames are gay and immature. At the very least I can have a good laugh about Cage games.

When does the Detroit Cyborg one come out again? How do you think Cage will insert insanity into it? IP was a ride in nearly it's entirety going completely insane when he almost gets arrested, HR had French with laughable English accents, Scott's "no way he set that shit up" traps, and the psychic link shit he cut out, and Beyond was simply… I… I don't even know how to describe that one.

This fucking audience needs to be gassed, holy shit.

Beats me, it's not I'm actively anticipating his fuck-ups.

I'm sure he'll completely shit it up though. It'll be full with 'No, she ain't just a machine, she has feelings!!!!!' and all the cliches the genre has kicked to death already, that's a given. My best bet would be on a child android that's precious and that you have to protect (because muh children) and it'll turn out to be some kind of Cyber-Jesus. Basically the end of GitS, but without the philosophy and more of 'It's actually god and he's coming to smite us!'.

M8, rental stores ain't dead yet and knowing the dude behind the counter means free videogames for the weekend.

How can one possibly fight with nothingness?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the PS4 has a couple of decent games now. It just doesn't mean shit when those games are all on PC and Vita, too. Never thought I'd see a day when a console was held afloat by scraps from a handheld.

And again and again and again
wont make it true though

A fucking PS4 isn't anywhere near that much.

A PS4 is $400. 4 x $400 = $1600.

it's probably one of the reasons Nintendo softly dumped the console market in favor of handhelds. consoles are just sub par PC's with no real innovation or advantages over mobile or PC. I'll be surprised if Project Scorpio isn't a xbox branded steam machine.

For what, laughing at a guy who creates ridiculous shit? Should /cow/ be gassed too?

True, his is not the fuck up one can accurately foretell. He always finds a way to break expectation.

Oh of course. The sad thing is how he could single-handed let revive point and click adventures were he not so damn French.

Oh i'm sure No Man's Sky will be great on it!

Holliday 2016 was originally thought to be the "Inflection point" for 4K HDR TV's and Sony likely targeted it for then. The problem is that most of them are just too laggy to be any good for gaming at the minute, especially Sony's Bravia UHD range and the current recommended gaming 4K sets are the Samsung KS8000 and the LG E6. Which are still not ideal because they still have 22 frames of lag each. Samsung and LG said they are working on reducing lag and it is possible they could reduce it via firmware updates, but at the moment, it's not worth buying a 4K set until either Samsung and LG update the firmware (Unlikely) or the next wave for Holiday 2017 gets built around gaming performance and has low lag modes built in.

It's just one of the reasons they fucked up. It's a half measure at best. Worse performance than a standard PS4 is going to taint customers preceptions and the 4K TV market simply is not ready for primetime yet.

Holy Sony manbologne, Batman!

Because he's a reaction image goldmine waiting to happen.

High res mode of PS4P patched Shadow Of Mordor in 1080p looks awful btw, lots of shimmering that isn't there in the unpatched game or in the PS4P quality mode.

Top fucking KEK!
For 10 fucking years all I've heard is "G-graphics d-doesn't matter! Y-you can't even notice the difference between low and highest! 24 FPS is the best!"

I can agree that 95% of the times graphics doesn't make the game but if you can have it prettier why wouldn't you?
Consolefags needs to be gassed if this sells…

Again, is that in aussie monopoly money? because PS4 sure as fuck isn't 400 here.

it's typically $400 in canuckistan, user. You yanks get fucking deals on all the fun things compared to everyone else. Maybe Trump can help get our dollar back to parity so I can take advantage.

PS4 Pro is $400 in the US, and PS4 Slim is $300.

PS4 launch price was Four Hundred US Dollars.
PS4 Pro launch price is Four Hundred US Dollars.

What the fuck are you running your mouth about, retard?

hurrrr! hurrrr!

it was destroyed!

Yes, because both consoles launched at the same time, amirite? You're a fucking retard.

What in the absolute fuck are you talking about? Did you even read the post I was responding to, or are you so embarrassed that you were wrong and shot your mouth off that you're in full, unironic damage control mode?

What an unbelievable cock-up

Hes posting Trump on Holla Forums so theres a 70% chance thats hes a cuckchan crossposting that came here from the election

What I'm supposed to notice? I'm not a graphx whore

AA
Considerably harder to noticewhen its not in motion.

Do you honestly think Holla Forums is anti-Trump, cuck?

No, I'm just stating facts
Holla Forums is full of cuckchan crossposting niggers

Did you even read any of the posts, nigga is talking in the present tense, as in a PS4 RIGHT NOW, not when it fucking launched, you dumb retard.

Why are you defending them? That isn't the point. They kept trying to make ridiculous claims about the PC that are always wrong, and they keep going after the PC market and keep failing. Stop being a fucking nigger.

Im ok with Trumpposting, but I'm not going to pretend like many of them arent crossposting cuckchanners, mostly coming from Holla Forums.

I fucking said this shit was going to happen back when they first announced the PS4 Pro.

I still dont know why though. 4k just doesnt feel as big a deal as the jump from from SD to HDTVs were. If anything I wish the PS4 Pro didnt come out and instead Sony spent more money developing games or getting games out faster.v

you fell for the shills user
bloodborne isn't even a good game
once the shills figured out that even though there are retards on Holla Forums they couldn't fool them so easily they cleverly decided to not market their product here because of hardware or existing (non existing?) games and instead they started memeing that at least 1 good game was to come, knowing that dumbshits would buy the console just to get it

no idea how people get scammed to begin with, but i've noticed that there comes a point where a person can do something so retarded it's impossible for them to come out of it.
for instance if someone was retarded enough to get a console (last or current gen) to begin with they're not backing out of it anytime soon or if they do it's an 1 in 1 million case.
I'm sure some psychologist already made up a term for that in the 19th century but it's what i noticed
fuck you flood detected

I think it's called Buyer's remorse.

no no i don't mean buyer's remorse, buyer's remorse is because of remorse
what i mean is chances are if someone does something stupid enough, they're too stupid to come out of it
They're very similar but the former involves recognizing a mistake and grasping at straws, the latter is about making the mistake and not being smart enough to come out of it because making it already involves not having enough brains to come out

And you're sure of this because you're simply on a higher plane of intellect than other common mortals. Congrats, you've deciphered the code, genius.

No seriously, this isn't even sour grapes, it's straight up lunacy.

youtu.be/7q0w-Fmj49Y?t=1520

Jesus fucking christ. This is literally the worst thing that could have happened to Sony since now you don't know if the game is going to run better or worse than the PS4 Base version.

It's called post-purchase rationalization, user.

What you are not supposed to notice is shitty buildings clipping through each other.

Are these just the same screenshot twice? There are no differences.

Not everyone likes to be a cuck. Some has reasons to buy a console, especially for exclusives.

The Pro is blurry. It's worse. Did they lie and use FXAA?

Then why would they buy a PS4?

For exclusives, not everyone likes to cuck themselves like you and deny themselves games. Plus the option to have physical releases.

YOU are the cuck.

Sure thing, cuckboi.

Yeah, they should have also been able to do PS2 graphics all the way back to the NES. Fucking shit coders, man

What exclusives?
Theres like one that was released and most are garbage.
Everything decent you can play on a PS3 besides Bloodborne which is still inferior to DeS and DS,

Back to cuckchan, cuck-kun.

I think he meant the price lowered after it launched.
He didn't give you a straight answer because he's on his period and wants more replies so he feels more special.

Triggering intensifies, the post.

If they get a PS4 in six months or a year or so they'll get it for cheaper than you did and not miss a thing in the meantime. They'd pick one up for exclusives, you just picked one up to feel "special". It's the PS3 all over again, dog

I don't see any difference in the part you marked. Can you be more specific?

he highlighted that in both cases, the fucking buildings are clipping right through each other like some teleportation accident. there isn't a difference.

that "sony boss" is full of shit
its so obvious that they did this just because they want people to buy their 4k tvs

this is just publicity so the console kids go

I see

I actually got mine for like 150$ due to some discount fuckery.
It's got… eh.. a couple games worth buying, mainly because I'm into weeb JRPGs like the atelier series, and the vita ports suck even if they do have some DLC included

Doesn't your PS4 need to update before playing the physical game you buy, anyway?
Updates nullify the "physical game" aspect.

Cucks are funny.

Try harder than that, cuck.

Get more spastic, it's a free entertainment.

Whatever you say, cuckboi.

And now it turns out some units are starting to melt because there is massive overheating issues.

Bravia, Sony.

This is some cuckchan tier shit

Pic related,l go back to your 3 games you dont even play.

Yes, yes, you are the winner.

When will they learn.

Good, now that you have admitted defeat like the little bitchcuck that you are, you are useless to the discussion and will be ignored.

Was it any discussion beyond cuck-flinging? I didn't notice.

But the Pro actually runs cooler than regular PS4s, and it's literally one sketchy guy on twatter making those claims. (twitter.com/enMTW).

Also if it was actually overheating to the point that you're getting external deformation like that, far more of the console would have been melted, and the plastic also wouldn't have that rough/torn texture. The guy obviously did that himself. It's a hoax.

Keep going, this is only getting better

Not really

When will cucks learn, I swear man.

JOKES ON YOU, I DIDNT BUY THIS BAG OF SHIT FOR 400$, I BOUGHT IT FOR 300$!

Like Total Warhammer and Cossacks 3?
So you never played Red Alert 2 or Company of Heroes?
Too bad you cuck yourself to the PS4
The above statement proves just that
I guess no one on console cares about anything else besides Ballteduty, Fallout and FIFA
Yeah, it was also PC that brought that to consoles.
Just like consoles brought paid online to PC with Windows Live.
kek
Reading comprehension of a 12 year old I see
Rationale of one too

Ah yes the remake of the first one.

The CoH/RA2 fanboy. Or just mentioning those games because he wants to add to the list of "Hey, RTS games!" Still thinking those games mattered the same way BW did.

How can I cuck myself when I just expanded the options/library of games I can buy, while you actively deny yourself of it. Cucks, man, I swear.

Sure thing.

Which is an option. And the people that do pay for that shit, get games which they can play. WL never offered anything substantial. And still it's 4 for 1.

Keep it up, cuck.

I'm shock, cuck.

Red alert 2 was far superior to Brood wars.

Forged alliance was greater than either.

Keep spouting "cuck" like an underage child spouting "faggot" though, I'm sure that will help your argument.
You can't even play games while typing these posts.

He backed himself into a corner and instead of just closing the thread which he would see as admitting defeat, his ego demands he gets the last word. The more frustrated and angry he gets with you for not letting him have the last word, the more incoherent his posts become, and the more smug he attempts to project himself as.

This can't end well, but we've gone this far so why not continue? :^)

Good point

Still a cuck at heart, I see.

Keep it up, cuck.

Sandler asks for millions, then spends only a small fraction of that on the movie, while embezzling the rest through large payments to his friends, whom he always gets to star in his movies. Pretty much a money laundering operation, with Sony as their bitch.

You're still arguing that you aren't a Sonygger son?

Why do they keep doing it though?
They can barely break even with his films

The last few years have shown that Sony's executives are a bunch of retards who just nod at everything, then wonder why their bank account is red.

You're still arguing that you aren't a cuck? Just admit it you would be much happier with your life.

Cant argue with that

you spent $460 to play one game

Keep it up user

I can go all day, cuckboi.

Japanese games many times dont even have physical western versions with imports costing a pretty penny

Back to /r/the_donald my epic cuckspouting 9gagger

Literal nigger confirmed

How fitting

That makes no sense though, I dont own a PS4.

Thanks Mark, if you could ban me as well and delete my posts Id be most grateful.

Kind of unrelated, but has PS4 been hacked yet? I want to play new games on it, or even just use online shit, but I haven't updated in about 8 months.

Jesus.

here's a bump. Sony shill.

Interesting, I was blocked by this person despite never having contact with them in my life. Decided to do a simple search and found out he's a super reliable source of information.

I posted it again

That's some serious Berenstein shit going on.

2016 is best year
Future is looking bright

You can't really defend a console that has worse performance that is supposed to be an "Upgrade" no matter how many shekels you were given.

THIS!!

OP'S VIDEO IS EXPRESSING SURPRISE THAT GAMES RENDERING AT RESOLUTIONS FROM 4K TO 1080P ARE RUNNING SLOWER THAN THE SAME GAMES RENDERED FROM 1080P TO AS LITTLE AS 900P INTERPOLATED

CONSOLETARDS CONSOLETARDING AGAIN

the product only exists to run things at higher resolution. if it does that slower than the base console does at base resolution, then it's not much of an upgrade.