Rainbow six siege is having a free weekend and a discount...

rainbow six siege is having a free weekend and a discount, although it may be ubisoft its worth a try and they have the decency to let you try it .

i think its the only decent tacticool shooter on the market right now but that's not exactly a tall hurdle

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/rainbow6/MagnificentBarracudaNinjaTroll
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it costs you nothing to try a game during a free weekend, the only reason i tried this game at all was because of the last free weekend they did

Well I wanted to try it, so I'm installing now. How is it? From what I can tell it looks like CS:GOY but with gadgets and shit.

and decent destruction physics and recoil patterns that make sense, its pretty much CS:EXTREME

Counter-Strike with ADS and hero characters (not a hero shooter but I don't have the rhetoric to explain) that come with their perks and counters to them. Basically CoD but realistic with a twinge of tactics thrown in.

also if you try it bang out the "situations" and it will net you enough in game cash to get a few operators to play with

(((are))) (((you))) (((triggered))) (((user))) (((?)))

How do I obtain proficiency?
I'm still mostly learning the map layouts, where to camp, etc.
I gotta admit that shooting some unaware bloke through a barrel-sized peephole feels tacticool as shit.

no :)

Is Siege the only FPS which actually SHOWS the recoil pattern of your gun? I can't believe that's not a mandatory feature in any FPS with spray patterns

I wouldn't install Uplay if they paid me. If I want to try a game like that, I'll pirate it.

never forget to use the pinger (z default) to notify your team to enemies, make sure your headphones are on the right ears since sound is important, don't get greedy or cocky.

its the only game i can think of off the top of my head where it shows recoil patterns in the menus

oh i should have mentioned that uplay still makes you fucking install it even if you get the game through steam

WHICH IS BULLSHIT

user, I…

I haven't been using the pinger much, so I'll do that. The sound design here is really good, unknown footsteps can really tense up a situation.

which is why you gotta make sure your headphones are on the right ears, i died a few times thinking some one was coming from my left because my i had my headphones on the wrong way.

people say 'oh communication helps win games' for any multiplayer game but in r6 if you have some one actively speaking into the mic about what they see and hear it does make a giant difference. especially if they're playing a character like valkyrie or pulse.

one important thing about the maps to learn fast is camera locations, if you're playing as twitch use the drone phase to destroy the cameras inside as fast as possible instead of searching for the objective. if you don't know the camera locations well yet play some rounds as IQ and use their gadget to find locations faster.

unfortunately IQ might be the weakest operator after you learn those camera locations, unless you're a big fan of her guns

obligatory

Well so far, I'm really liking it. It does make me sad because if it had an actual campaign it could have been 10x better.

yeah, another reason why despite really liking this game i can't abide paying full price for it, the terrorist hunt mode is a bit lacking too

I play most rounds with the sound completely off because I don't own a headset, and my roommate sleeps early.

At least I generally stick to Terrorist Hunt.

might want to invest in some headphones if you wanna play more

I'm thinking of just grabbing one of those Xbone Stereo sets, i've seen them on sale for like $50. Cheaper than most others i've seen, and my one buddy seems to enjoy his.

fuck the guy who recommended me these holy shit

What the fuck? How can I change servers to something which is not a hellhole where everyone takes forever to fucking start?

I've heard Turtle Beaches are shit either way.

When are the new Operators coming out?

this month, around the 15th i think?

i saved a bunch of in-game bucks so i hope they're cool, because i could have bought like cav or frost by now

is capitao any good? he seems bad

in an attempt to bump this thread, should i get frost or caveira next? i have enough in game bux for 3 DLC ops right now and i already have blackbeard

From what I've seen of caveira, she seems really good. She can interrogate the other team to find out where the entire enemy team is and show it to her allies for a while.

Caveria is high-risk-high-reward and is generally useless unless you interrogate. Frost's traps are extremely useful, however.

i try to be a pretty decent roamer so cav might benefit me, frost traps seem less useful now that people know to shoot them as they vault

Google it, you can find a guide pretty easily on how to do that.

Frost is for easy mode and Caveira for hard mode.

i ended up getting frost because her SMG looks cooler, the traps are fun. i still have enough for two more operators but i'll get an attacker next, so buck or hibana if she looks good

WHY DOES THIS KEEP FUCKING CRASHING.

How long's the discount, my GPU isn't here yet

Sunday 3PM Pacific is when it ends.

I was gonna get squad instead of this due to this game feeling a bit arcade-y and e-SPOOORTS y. Does this game feel like a modern military CRAPCUNT ?

I wouldn't go that far
Each operator only gives you some minor abilities and different playstyles which can't make up for shitty basic skills
You're not going to lose just because the other guy is a counter to your class (because there are no counters to begin with)
Despite that, I still think the operators help to give the game a lot of personality without going as far as Overwatch and TF2 do

Get the heavy barrels and put the traps in random corners far from the objective. People check less when they feel safe.

I wouldn't say there's no counters, they're just pretty light. Ash is good for dealing with Castle but you are still spending very limited resources to do it.

That's pretty cute
alright, I'll try the game

alright thanks Sky Blue-kun, I'll refund my refund

Personally I only need like 15k more, then I can get both new operators and then I'll have all of them.
I guess after that I only have charms, skins and silly head gears to spend renown on.

They come out the 17th.
Many people pick Capitao in the games I play probably for the 3 speed and strong AR. Also the crossbow can get people fucked behind cover.

Everyone seems to hate Blackbeard, why is that?

Probably some manlets angry because they can't get a guaranteed headshot with the SMG-11 bullet laser or abuse the netcode to quick peek headshot him.

dead game, at least in my country.

Is there a group for Holla Forums? I wouldn't mind playing with some of you fellow shitlords.

nah, despite having "character/class" you don't have recharging skills or ultimates, just a unique gadget, usually with limited uses.

i prefer using fuze against castle
i'm starting to question if putting castle-walls on windows is a good idea at all

the smoke bomb on it seems better than regular smoke bombs but the damage area of his incendiary seems a lot smaller than the visible fire

Does anyone wanna play, randoms are retarded and there's no coordination with them

This. I think we should organize some kind of group where Holla Forums can team up and leave some nerds feeling rekt.

How do you propose we do this? We could make a steam group but I don't know about that. If the admin of the group made dates where we get on, then maybe the group would have a chance, but in my experience they die pretty quickly. Maybe if we make threads like WWEW does it could work.

I thought of a steam group too, but you're right, they die pretty quick. The WWEW thread idea could work if enough people are in on it.

It would die out quick because the interest for this game is low, the generals would be sad and pathetic like the Gmod and 7DTD ones.

Really all we'd need is a handful of people anyways. Even if it was just a couple times a month, I think it'd be fun.

Then let's start now, what's your UPlay ID.

How the hell do I find that out again? I haven't even touched uplay since I use steam.

Start up game that requires UPlay, press shift+F2, look at name.

Powerpuffsama

if you open the game through steam it will still jew uplay into the background, while in game shift+f2 should open the uplay nonsense where you can find your name and friendlist

𝔸ℝℝℝ𝔾ℍ 𝕋ℍ𝔼𝕐 𝕁𝕌𝕊𝕋 𝔸ℕℕ𝕆𝕌ℕℂ𝔼𝔻 ℂℍ𝔸ℝ𝔸ℂ𝕋𝔼ℝ ℂ𝕌𝕊𝕋𝕆𝕄𝕀ℤ𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ 𝔸ℕ𝔻 𝕄𝕍ℙ 𝕋𝔸𝕌ℕ𝕋𝕊

fuck this, i'm deffos getting squad, even with shitty Au serveres

i don't hate customization but i would much prefer more maps and operators, also customization is always a dangerous road to travel when the game didn't previously have any

customization almost always ruins the art direction in favour of short term flair and vanity

game already had obnoxious weapon skins

Sauce? And what do you mean by customization? Just things other than helmets?

Hit the nail on the fucking head, any game with a mellow tone and mood are ruined by this.

What else. I highly doubt it will be practical camo, it will be pink and orange stripes for example, a fucking Christmas tree running around the map.

I can't run bideos on twitch for some reason, but the thumbnail still shows quite a bit
clips.twitch.tv/rainbow6/MagnificentBarracudaNinjaTroll

They all look pretty terrible

Well, aside from how egregious some of the costumes look, I like them. Hopefully they try and keep it toned down so none of them are in bright pink jumpsuits. Who am I kidding, hey are gonna be neon shitshows by the end of this aren't they?

I wouldn't mind this if we got a matching 80's neon bar.

Heh, in all seriousness though, that would make for a kickass map.

Anyone else up for a game or two? We gotta have enough for at least one full team.

How many do you have?

So far just me.

Well great, there goes my favorite multiplayer fps down the drain. It's TF2 all over again.

Great I'm a masochist and a hypocrite, count me in I guess.

Well I added you on uplay.

I wouldn't think too much of it user. The main reason that TF2 failed from cosmetics is because the devs made real money from it, and stopped making content and made cosmetics instead. Unless Siege adopts a crate and key system and has trading, I think the devs are gonna still make content to try and keep it alive rather than resting on their laurels for eternity like valve will do. They do look pretty out of place though,

I'll probably be up for a few games in an hour or two, I think my uplay ID is HeironymousB

what's your uplay ID lad?

Operators are pretty easy to identify thanks to their colors and silhouettes even if you somehow miss an ID with your drone you can still figure it out, start fucking with this and identifying them becomes a pain for no reason at all besides Ubi fucking their best game.
I was totally fine with headgear shit and the MVP emote bullshit, but I really feel like those skins will ruin things, and they will get more "wacky" and out of place as time goes on because they will run out of ideas to cash in on and everything will just become a mess.

I just added you, Uplay is being a bitch.

I get the feeling this isn't an uncommon occurrence.

Either you have eyes like a hawk, or I'm blind, but some of them are really hard to ID like doc and rook. I still would rather not have skins, but it won't ruin it for me. Not yet at least.

It is if you can win.

Defense Operators are pretty shit in this rule to be honest, smoke and mute almost look the same, Doc and Rook are almost impossible to tell, Kapkan and Tachanka are also a bit hard.
If you look at the attacking operators you'll see what I mean, almost every one is different, you can even tell Sledge from Tatcher since Sledge is much more bulky.

We went from one recruit to two.

No wonder there's so many recruits, it's free weekend.

It's weird though, because I'm a F2P and already have 6 operators, 3 attack 3 defense.

Count me in on this spergfest, I'm SecondCenturion.

Heil'd and added. Get in here faggot.

I'm not seeing anything different on my end, but I haven't touched uplay since Blood Dragon.
Do I need to find a friend invite or something?

You should just have a friend request.

Uplay is a bitch and sometimes it will fuck up, restart Uplay if you didn't get anything.

That did the trick, thanks user.

semen down your throat

We got this lads.

ill also get in on this i already added you

Oh God.

I haven't been accused of hacking in ages, this is a blast.

i'm not even in the game right now but i'm happy to see people talking about it here

If we don't demolish I will be very disappointed.

I liked the kapkan and sledgehammer taunts

at least that kapkan outfit looks really good

I think I'm going to go hang myself.

What the fuck happened.

Jesus that was embarrassing, we better get our A game tomorrow.

I'll take the blame for those losses, I'm so rusty that just being in the same group as me must have given you all tetanus. Haven't played since before they added the Seals.

Im in for some tacticool action.

If you guys are still playing its carlmontex2

He is /k/

Pretty fun game.

I played the shit out of Rainbow Six Vegas.

We should definitely do this more often. Being tactical with you niggers was fun as hell.

Realistic portrait of BOPE.

For those of you interested, my uPlay ID is POTUS-45. Send me a request and let me know where you're from and we can play some time.

any xbox fags here that would want to play, my friends are too busy with nigggerfield

We can go now.
Honorary Aryan.

I was going to go to bed, but we can do a few.

Fuck it, I'll jump back on too

gob bless fellow germin ::–DD

I'll likely suck shit, FYI

That's fine, so will I.

Bumping my own post to let you guys know Ill play if you still need people for a full team.

sent you an invite but we just entered a match

Not seeing anything on my end. Where should I be looking in case Im retarded?

Gotta reinstall, game is fucking up along with interface.

UPlay is worse than Origin, try restarting the game or the application.

I sent you a request. I'm going to bed now but will be back on tomorrow for sure.

restart and then check the shift+f2 menu

You nigs got a full team already?

Wait a fucking minute. Is this game on a free limited weekend for Steam only, because I can't see an option to buy the game. If so Ubisoft is the most retarded company in the industry.

Still doesnt show anything. Fucking Ubisoft

Try adding me, HeironymousB

I think we'll have three once we work out all the technical issues.

Yup.

Okay sent

Okay now its fucking working

If we're still playing that is

I can play again in one hour.

Yeah, just let me finish this match I'm in. Should be over soon, we're getting stomped.

No problem, issue is now it says some shit about my NAT type. Troubleshooting quick.

I'd forgotten this was how pub games worked

Fuck this, now it wont let me connect to the game JUST because.

Im going to bed, maybe tomorrow.

Aight, hopefully the group won't completely fall off after 24 hours

Anyone still playing? My ID is haydenleo

Yeah I'm still going for at least one more, I'll send you an invite.

2nding this

This game's got some really good OC.

Are you still in a game? Invite if notplease

I tried sending you a friend request

yeah I accepted it

Let me restart then since I'm not seeing you online.

Too bad my ping would cripple me every single game.

Played Squad 10 hours during this free weekend. Hardly any communication, nobody cares to build down FOBs, people running off with vehicles and then dumping them, nobody creates APC squads, whole squads running flag after flag (no one saying "hey guys let's set up a super fob in this flag here"), matches are a complete steamroll every time (150+ tickets difference or more, you will NEVER get a close match on this game everyone is complete rubbish).

I think you're thinking of a different game.

Holy fuck, when will all the autistic people gas themselves

for some reason putting operators/military guys into jokey meme formats is just fucking gold, like STALKER oc

I really do love military OC of any kind. IDF and galil when?

ARW when, they'd be as hilarious as the SAS guys if not more

If only I could disable all this stupid shit floating around as well.

The best feeling.
I wish they wouldn't leave so that I could shit-talk.

You niggers are okay with this?

Not until tomorrow. The cash shop-bait, prevalent hackers, and arbitrary progression system, amongst other things, means ubisoft isn't getting a dime out of me.
It's a shame the game's halfway decent aside from the pointless kikery.

How is having to play the game to unlock everything a bad thing or new? It's the only thing the game has that resembles progression.
It's like leveling up in any other game to unlock all your skills or new weapons or whatever.

Unlocks are fucking stupid and only there to pad out the game imo, but it's current year and that's how vidya is now. Why does it have to be such a fuckhuge grind and why is there premium currency?
It gives me the impression that ubisoft is expecting this to go f2p soon. They've already got the system in place for it.

Well, I agree the grind can be too big and it's only like that because Ubisoft hopes it will make weak people resort to paying actual money instead. The Uplay microtransaction currency definitely shouldn't exist.
I just don't have a problem with the concept of unlocking things as you play.

Assembling a lobby, one person required.

stop

>nobody is there
>grab the hostage and run like a bitch, winning the round and the match

Still reinforced it in his face but Jesus Christ how stressful.

Sledge can pull of some real jump scares sometimes.

please use spoiler next time

GIVE EM THE SPICY SLEDGE

i'd blow my fucking brains out because i've been enjoying my brazillian free experience

Don't lie, user.

you know what i mean though. its bad enough somehow french fuckers have been in my matches but at least they pay for their games

Any nigs running a party with an open slot?

Yes, get on.

Free weekend got a few people I know into the game, Feels good not playing alone anymore.

Let's get a full party going lads.

new splash art? but why?

She still looks like a dyke

Will they ever release head gear that shows at least a bit of her hair? I thought that would have been more likely than them releasing something that shows Frost's face, yet they did that.
And it looks terrible.

or at least give her a proper balaclava and not the gimp-mask variety

Jesus sandfox what were you doing?

But woman showing her hair to unknown men is haram

ah, it all makes sense now considering twitch is french

Trump betrayed us what the fuck

We had a good run, boys. See you next time.

OC coming right up

my mic is shitty and i don't wanna ruin peoples ranks if they can't hear me

m8 the way we're playing you wouldn't have much to worry about

We were doing so well up until we started dying.

I blame Bird and his rushing.

I have mutants and contaminants inside my brain

Its already proven the females in this game she get masks look 10x better.

This is Habianas new outfit that comes next season

Why am I always teamed with fuckups and the enemy team is made of real SF operators?

siege is the new cod and you are all casual shitters

There is nothing wrong with forking money over for the first good AAA in 5+ years, see you till Christmas.

Really makes you think.

It looks casual, the only complaints are about the gameplay are the floaty guns.

I got disconnected, nigger.

i hope you enjoyed dinner faggot

Aye, that I did.

At least you gave me time to make my gook fantasy cat girl an aryan.

Are we going to start again soon or are we going to awkwardly pump each other's dicks in this thread.

I could go either way. POTUS-45 is my Uplay ID.

Does every other game still have a hacker?

only because i'm so good I get accused of hacking

Too out of practice to tell, but every other game does have one guy who way outperforms all of the others.

Also does anyone else get like micro-freezes at the start of every round? Almost without exception I was getting ~10 second hangs in every single setup phase. It didn't seem to stop me from putting on armor or reinforcing walls though since when I started those before a hang I'd be at the same spot when the hang resolved.

I saw several people get banned but none that actually made it into the game. TBH, IDK why there were banned.

I'm really not sure what to think of it. On one hand, I only played with other free-weekend pubs so everyone was just fucking around and I can't really give it a fair judgement. But on the other I'm not entirely sure if the experience would be better if I played with the regular player base.

is anybody gonna be queuing soon?

Well, now that the free weekend is over, I'm asking myself if I should get it while it's still on sale. I enjoyed it and already played 14 hours of it, and I have some money to blow on it. What do you guys say? Buy it or no?

d0 it

Go for it, I recommend getting it with the season pass too because the dlc characters are some of the better ones. The Canadians are really fun and Blackbeard and Caveira are pretty strong

Ive decided to pick it up when Ive got more cash on Tuesday. Hopefully people here will still be playing by then.

I say so. I got the Starter Edition and have gotten my money's worth for sure. And don't buy the season pass. You can unlock all of the characters just by playing the game. I have 9 unlocked and haven't spent a single dime since purchase.

do all the base characters cost more with the starter edition? i heard that was the downside to getting the starter

The DLC characters definitely do at 25K a pop. But you can earn that fairly quickly playing MP, especially if you do decently and/or have a booster, which Ubi gives out for free w/ every update. Do what you want with your money, but I don't see the point in paying for something that you can have for free. All it takes is some more time.

Yes, and the season pass is a matter if you don't mind grinding or not.

I don't think so, they all initially cost 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 for each operator in a CTU/faction.

never mind i looked it up and operators cost 12,500 renown if you get the starter edition which makes the game way more grindy

I think you still have to pay Renown w/ the SP but not as much. Again, do what you want w/ your money, but I think buying the SP is a chump move.

ive had the game since last year

starter edition is for only the most goyish of goys

I tried it last night but I don't really think that it's the game for me. I'm used to arena shooters and got bored trying to be stealthy and hide behind cover. The destruction was really cool though, I like shooters like FEAR where your bullets cause all sorts of visual havoc outside of just sparks. I haven't played a game with the system this game has for wall/ceiling/floor destruction and I wish more games had it.

lack of sound ruined it

hibanas gadget seems like weak thermite

before you crucify me about youtube linking i got this from some one else and have no clue if this is an approved channel or whatever

Neither gadget really impresses me, if you at least had full height control of the flying drone then that could be cool but it just attaching itself to the ceiling is pretty lame.

he's just valk with different guns in a way

The drone can flash people? Oh man.

Oh it's not the only thing they changed.

Even more BDSM-like

the lips seem a little excessive but still would smash

cuck/vg/ has a few gud drawfags

shit, i wanted to play that game

its new csgo idiot

Also why GIGN has some of the simplest yet effective classes with the most weapons to choose from.

The fucking hit detection is ass, not as bad as Bad Company 2 but it's close enough.

Also what does Caveira's "interrogation" entail, exactly?

You weren't blaming me when I was pulling aces.
Those are legit working strategies, I swear.

Entire enemy team gets exposed on the map for what feels like an eternity if she pulls it off.

If any of you guys bought the game and are looking for people to play with, feel free to add my friend and I:
Derzsahvy1488

Mcstanknasty

Fucking finally.

I have no idea how a game that relies on the worst traits of FPS games has survived this long

I know user, I meant more in terms of lewd.

git glasses and eat carrots, scrub
also turn off that post-processing shit

Rape.

Still wondering if I should get it now. You guys planning on keeping this alive now that the free weekend is over?

I'd like to have some group to play with every now and then instead of just playing pubs like I do with other shooters, if I do end up giving in and buying it that is.

Well I bought it, and already friended two people here, so yeah. Not to mention a content update is coming soon so the threads won't die until that is worn out.

I'm definitely planning on it, and i don't see a reason as to why i'd personally stop playing. inb4 second season pass.

Look on the bright side, a second season pass would mean they're committing to another year of support.

2nd season pass and year 2 are already confirmed

yea of course, that's always great i'm just hoping that maybe they'll give the first season pass owners a discount on the second one. I feel like that would be a fair compromise in between because paying $120 for a game is pretty steep.

I'm just glad the DLC operators aren't completely walled off, and if I grind like a good little got I can get a few.

FTFY

Well then I hope the Japs aren't indicative of all the gadgets we'll be getting next year.

Hibana's gadget is fucking useless, what else could've they done besides weak thermite.

I was hoping the attacker Jap would have a katana charge that gave them like temporary health or damage resistance or something to rush into a room and melee someone.

Anyone got the time to hop on.

I'm always up for some, Uplay ID is HeartenedKorbo. Anyone else that's up for some can add me too

a tip to all Montagnes, everyone will always try to rape your ass with C4 and you can never run away. Unless you brought friends, always back away slowly (or rush to melee them, bad idea if you're facing against two opfors at once though)

forgot to add there's probably an edit to be had in that pic

too lazy to change the biker to some other operator

Not bad.

Nah, it's pretty bad.

I'm surprised by the quality of some of the steam OC.

oh baby

that is Frost the canada chink you fuck

she looked like twitch with the mouth cut off.

Well Ubisoft does have the Blood Dragon thing going on (which is free currently which is nice) so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Though I'd want to see a Payday cross-over. That could be fun, even if it wouldn't be able to convince me to play either game.

That'd be pretty cool if done right

if you can use the tool to make crawl-holes she might be almost as useful as thermite

she has much to learn about making BIG FUCKING HOLES though

if the match doesn't automatically end on the last guy downed its time to panic cuz that cunts getting back up

She'll be very handy for maps with a bunch of roof-hatches.

the most dangerous hatches can't be reinforced so any operators can break those usually

i see her being useful on maps like the base because of the large outdoor reinforced walls on top and bottom floor she could make big ass killholes for glaz

Yeah, she and glaz are gonna be a winning combo. There will be few areas that are safe.

Her shit still gets blocked by Mute and Bandit right? So Thatcher stays necessary.

Yeah, they do.
Good thing my main attackers are Thatch and Thermite.

i saw in a video that bandit can block it but unsure about mute

SASbros always necessary for a good time anyway

no joke, I've seen a recruit with a shield and pistol getting a fucking ace while being the last man standing
only those with balls large enough ever pick recruit

I used to main Recruit+Shield all the time because he's the only shield operator with full speed + frag.

I actually kinda like that Sledge one

Thank God that means I can buy this crap when the complete edition comes out at 5$ with no grind. Enjoy the game ;)

is it just me or do the operators banter more at beginning of match now? i'm slightly worried they're going to inject them with more personality with these costumes/taunts that are coming

i'm not totally against them bantering a bit, but more ops/maps and maybe new gametypes would be preferable to me

They really only bantered during co-op T-hunts with like, one or two lines per operator. I wouldn't really mind it if they had some small banter.

Killing thread.

What do you mean? Making a new one?

yeah a new one would be cool if we're at that point