Yo, when is the next DK game coming out? its been almost 3 years and tropical freeze was the best game on the Wiiu

Yo, when is the next DK game coming out? its been almost 3 years and tropical freeze was the best game on the Wiiu.

Why would you want a new one? What gimmick do you want to add that hasn't been tried before?

Its been 3 years already ? Jesus, I should replay this game.

I want more levels and characters! is that so much to ask?

almost, it was released februari 11, 2014 and its currently 11 november, 2016, so its about 4 months off from being 3 years old.

Don't use the name of the LORD in vain.

But what gimmick should be added?

no we dont need any gimmicks.

You clearly don't know Nintendo.

Alright fine how about this, well put it on the switch, and then you take one of those tiny ass controllers and play co-op. Is that gimmicky enough?

Probably on the Switch. I'm waiting to ask, "what is ___ studio up to?" until January 12th, when they have their big blowout Nintendo Direct and, hopefully, show a montage of several dozen games in a row. Like as not Retro has been working on either Metroid Prime 4 or, more likely IMO, the next DKC game (which will hopefully include King K.Rool this time).

Super Mario already did that with Wii U

NO

YOU DON'T GET NICE THINGS

you know im kinda surprised they revealed the thing with no games and then told us to wait 3 months for actual video games. Could have just waited until then and then reveal it alongside all those video games.

yes but did the wii u pad split in 2? I think not!

;_;

If we got nice things then we would have a new Custom Robo. Golden Sun and F-Zero. Instead we get Mario and Zelda for the 50th+ time

ok hear me out
what if the second player could jump in at any time as Squawks and grab bananas and letters and shit

the most difficult letters and the like would be behind breakable walls and other shenanigans so you can't 100% with this method, but that requires level design which is hard apparently

didn't super mario galaxy do that already?

a bunch of games do, Sonic 2/3 and Kirby Superstar off the top of my head. Nothing I've seen in DK games still

bump.

Yes it is too much to ask.

I don't see any value in another retro dkc game. the two we got were great.

if i had to guess, if anything is under development it would be for the witch.
is 3 years really that long a time between titles?

howcome hardly anybody makes platformers any more?

its a shame we dont get kirby superstar romhacks. it blows my mind what people can come up with for mario world. imagine all the crazy powers people would have made for it. not to mention the possibility if a challenging kirby game.

because kirby games have no depth and aren't very interesting to design for.

youre not very interesting to design for

No, but I am fascinating. Why do you like games with vapid game play that disregard everything for a shitty story?

#notmylord

For most studios that is a long time between titles, Whatever Retro is working on it's almost finished, Returns to Tropical Freeze was a 3 year difference and that was with Retro adapting to HD development, I expect to see Retro announce their upcoming title in January as a launch title for the Switch.

Calm your tits the both of you.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because Kirby Super Star employs a lot of different pretty tiles for their graphics that are generally functionally identical.

It wouldn't be very interesting to develop with.

i dont follow. i dont recall super star being particularly story heavy.
but the point is that romhacks would likely result in more interesting and challenging stages than the vanilla game. or at least something new. thats usually how modding works.

disregard this post, I thought I was in another thread for a moment.

you can't do very much with what is there. Kirby has very static mechanics, and the games tend to explore their possibility space rather fully. They need to, because they are simple games meant to act as introductory titles to the genre.

market interest I would guess, we had a huge flood of low energy indie puzzle platformers that were mostly mediocre with a gem here and there. I would guess once those stop coming and we get a break we might get some more platformers.

There is also some people that think a platformer isn't worth 60 bucks for some reason.

because we're gonna get more shitty waifu emblem games first because it's easier to write an anime cliche and let people marry it.

KKR is long dead, my friend. ;_;7