I'm starting to get pissed

I have a genuine question for you? Why do you think modern video games have gone to such shit? Look at Infinite Warfare as an example. I went into GameStop today to get a Nintendo 2DS and this triggered feminists start's complaining when the clerk asks if she has a Power-up rewards card. She says no and then ask for Infinite Warfare for PS4. Is this the reason that games have gone to shit? Is it because the average consumer does not give two shits about quality anymore? On the other spectrum, is it because game developers feel they no longer need to add much depth to vidya anymore because people's attention spans are so short anymore? This shit just pisses me off and I need some fucking answers to the madness.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCDc_MCu3ZstNXmAqqT36SNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice pepe

No thanks

thanks but it's beside the point of what I'm trying to say

Consoles.

That makes sense but even console games used to be good.

Look at me.
Consoles.

I don't understand what you are trying to say, at least when you mentioned a triggered feminist.

fuck you nigger

I see you're point but what about PS2 games? Some of those were actually decent.

Read my lips.
Consoles.

Marxists taste in vidya is pure shit

salt incoming

Well, that's obvious more or less, assuming they even play the games.

We need another vidya crash

It could be the fact that some game developers don't care and just half ass the game they made when said reviewers and fans had high hopes of being and versa
Its one of the many reasons why its shit some people
yes and no but that's debatable
Think of it this way, would you sacrifice story over gameplay?

To be honest im bored with videos games because i have played pretty much everything ever made and unless its some revolutionary ground breaking hardcore game, which doesnt happen ever anymore, its all the same to me.

Im getting more and more into my other hobbies.

I tried playing Shadow Warrior 2 yesterday and was literally falling asleep because of how boring it was.

Fair points, still pissed off at the current state of vidya.

I would argue that most people involved with video game development don't care about shit. When there's a possibility that absolutely all of the work you've done during an entire development cycle, anywhere from a year onward, can get thrown away based on the whims of a single person, I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about creating a quality product either.

How do you know it was a feminist? it could just been a normalfag wanting to buy the lasted hyped game of the month . I mean did she start calling the store misogynist? That has literally nothing to do with the rest of your fucking post and I feel like you're just starting to throw around words as if you were trying to fit in and it's not working. Go back to whatever the fuck you came from.

And there's the problem with vidya. A decade ago females were a tiny minority of the dedicated gamer population. They mostly played a little here or there when growing up, but move of in their teens. Now that is no longer the case, and video games are marketed directly to them and dumbed down so they will get into them.

Girls couldn't get into many games outside Nintendo platformers or RPGs until games were dumbed down for them.

There is only 1 answer:
This is the work of certain (((people))), OP.

You make more money selling more shit to more people. Thus you get the bland paste that is modern games and the nickle and diming

"Sales" have become the most important thing in video games. That means marketers get more sway with how the game gets made and you start making games based around "sell-able ideas" rather than a single cohesive vision.

example: look at FEAR then look at FEAR 3.

Same reason movies have gone to shit. Everything is scrubbed and sanitized of anything that might possibly turn away a prospective viewer, because the people funding the shit would rather have a safe investment than maximum returns.

February is when shitty failure movies get dumped into theaters because less people go to movies in February anyway, and because they don't want their awful movie to have to compete any summer blockbusters or christmas movies. I bring that up because Deadpool was released in February, because it was assumed that it would flop based on being too controversial. If they had any idea of what people actually wanted, they would've released that shit in July and fucked off with an even bigger paycheck.

Gamers have higher standards and have seen all that shit before. Stuff that would have made a game exciting in the past, like upgradeable stats or the ability to customize your character or THREE DIMENSIONAL PHYSICS or having more than twelve frames per second, is now normal. It takes more work for a game to stand out.

There was all sorts of bad shovelware back in the day too, and it was priced at $40-50 USD in the 1980s and 1990s. We remember the best games with rose-tinted glasses.

Regardless how new you are to this game and your obvious affiliation with cuckchan, Ill try to educate you.

Videogames started to gain popularity throught its lifetime with home consoles gaining huge mainstream attention during the 90s, especially thanks to Sony, which is still a huge multimedia company, unlike Nintendo and Sega which were vidya only companies.
7th gen finally came out, and at the beginning it looked promising.
Yet three major things doomed us to this bleak future.
1.Internet going mainstream including on consoles with sites like IGn and Gamestop congregating people
2.Huge boom in technology and mainstream interest over it with shit like the iPhone and laptops being part of peoples daily lifes and giving out people easy access to the internet along with geek culture
3.A financial crisis right after this

All of these together created the perfect shitstorm and lead to various things like:
-Smaller more innovative companies dying out, less in Japan
-Centralization by companies like EA and Activision
-A huge amount of new people to the hobby with no standarts whatsoever
-Companies crippled by the crisis investing less on the production of the games and more on the marketing
-Companies crippled by the crisis and seeing bigger production costs compared to last gen thinking up of new business tactics (DLC, Pre order DLC and later microtransactions)so they could be sure they covered/made a profit out of the game and retained their shareholders
-Near abandonment of PC due to high profitabily on consoles and shareholders being afraid of piracy and non centralization killing
-These same new people inserting themselves on a community they dont belong forcefully due to a need for escapism out of the harsh reality of the 2007 crisis.

Feminism is just another shit topping in the vidya industry cake.

I meant board

Games have always been general shit, the fact that you were a kid when you played most of the bad ones makes you remember them better, but go back like 10 years ago and you see the same shit.

Too bad that your argument gets completely fucking destroyed due to the fact that older games have shittons more depth and were much more influencial.
Nice try thought cuckchan

this thread is garbage, jews are always the answer for rampant consumerism destroying nice things

You first sugartits.

call out good games but don't lump mediocre shit into it and call it amazing

Hello cuckchan, time to go back.
Maybe then you wont have to mingle with contrarian nostalgiafag jaded fucks who dont play videogames so you can talk about the newest and hottest new release fresh out of EAs asshole.

those are 5 games in over 20 years of home console existence, for everyone of those there were 50 cheap cash ins with zero new ideas, just don't lump in shit games with them and call the old days better cos they had "better" games

Shit thread.

It's because the video games when you were younger are niche. And are still niche to this day. In otherwords, 'Video Games' as you know them, good ones, are a niche product and always will be. What is peddled today is a different product with the same name that you have only a mild interest in.

Everyone didn't suddenly become a nerd. Vidya is still a nerd thing. Normalfags never liked it, never will like it and will always buy normalfag 'games' which is just a bigger business than the one you're interested in.

Ain't nothin' you can do but keep buying and playing the niche.

I thought this meme was over a fucking year ago, how fucking far is reddit behind us?

He is just trying to cover for the fact that games went to shit because of SJW's.

but mario bros has always been shit even when it launched it was a bad platformer

Games went from being made by small studios of people who actually play games and care about them and turned in to corporate entities who only care about making as much money as possible.

Developers don't give a shit any more. Companies employ 100s of straight-outta-uni retards to shit out annual sequels for as much profit as possible.

Games are bad because it's expensive to make pretty things. People expect the visual quality of games to rise exponentially with every console release and it's just too damn expensive to keep up with.

Combine that with genuine marxists in universities subverting the arts so that people shit on canvases instead of learning the basics of drawing and painting, schools aren't producing enough quality people to fill positions or start their own independent studios.

As for gameplay who knows, some people say it's been dumbed down for retards so everyone can play.

i read in another thread that infinite warfare might be interesting with a focus on vertical movement. but like hell im shelling out money for it.

anyways, do you ever get pissed off when you see tv and sports? its been taken over by greedy corporations who just want to advertiseme to you and make shady deals with hardware companies, whoever can throw them the most money.
you may have seen the fiascos lately with how certain games just chug on amd cards compared to nividia because they intentionally have the cards render a ton of extra stuff that you wont even see in normal play that the amd cards cant handle.

sure normalfags might buy that kind of crap but theyre not the ones stabbing you in the back. theyve been manipulated through marketing to tell them these half baked products are the things they want.
after all. there are still games being made that arent targeted at them. you need to let those AAA companies go, man. it probably has some parallels to unhealthy relationships. at the very least, dont wait hand and knee for them and then get upset when they disappoint you, but if they make something you like then hooray. i mean youre there buying a 2ds so theres clearly some recent games youre interested in.

Funny how that trash was barely known outside some rare exceptions.

WEW

Likely a shill
Pirate the campaign and you'll see
Played the multiplayer on a friends PS4, its the exact same trash.
The only way they could make it enjoyable would be by adding actual projectiles, even if the level design, the grind for the most basic stuff and the kikery were still there, it might actually be something worth a dime.

Forgot my image

The profit motive has more to do with the production of games than being creative or fun.

That's all there is to it.

Oh you better watch it, cunt.
youtube.com/channel/UCDc_MCu3ZstNXmAqqT36SNA

I'm not sure what I should get angry about for it. Why is Red Dead on it?

Because it was marketed

Trump has won, we no longer need vidya.

But seriously, who says you even have to play new games? There's tonnes of great old games.

we're all doomed

If people stop buying the shitty new games and play good games instead. Business analysts will investigate and see why their games aren't selling and start making good games. This is a fantasy though because 90% of consumers are ok with shitty games, so this trend of shitty games will continue for all of eternity.

I blame PC gamers and steam overall. Consoles have had overall better games on them than the PC for a while now, that's why they keep on porting them to the PC.

It's a combination of jewish trickery and the new market not having any quality standards and are just dumb as shit when it comes to picking up on said jewish tickery

All of your reasons are valid, however one thing that gets me down is how most devs just don't seem to have that enthusiasm for their products any more. I remember playing Resident evil 1, then 2, then 3 and was really interested in the fact that each game had significant improvement in sound, graphics, menus, you name it. There was a drive to improve there. I could almost imagine the devs getting happy over making this cool game.

I feel that spark is gone.

Man, this thread reeks of halfchan.
Complete with the twitter-like posts too.

good goy

>>>Holla Forums
not everyone who uses jew as a synonym for greed is from pol, stay triggered faggot.

Still waiting for the console port of crusader kings I see

are you retarded? Have you been living under a rock? pepe is now an ebil nazi symbol of hate.

Ergo, he belongs to us.

Is cuckchan flooding the board?

They're alrady here. Haven't you seen the amount of trump-fellating and shilling? Redditrumps rule 8ch now.

>>>/suicide/

When Jews want to use a game for propaganda they suck out everything of quality in the game and put the effort towards more advertising and propaganda.

wouldnt propaganda in video games be more effective if it were a fun and memorable jame?

True. But why put effort in a game if people are going to eat shit anyway?

nice b8, you almost got me

Kotaku is holding the DS3 controller wrong.

Get the fuck out and don't forget to take your shitty opinions with you.