You're going to the secret level!

What games have the best secret levels? Goofy levels, fun levels, really hard levels, maybe some brutal shit that requires you to bull off some amazing feat just to even discover, etc. Lets hear them.

Personally though, I feel that secret exits that let you bypass 50% of the game and can easily be found on a first playthrough are pretty shit-tier.

Other urls found in this thread:

blueflamemagick.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/tulpa-not-what-you-think/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DN3D oddly had secret levels, but most arcade games have some killer secrets

Doom 1's secret levels were great.
Each episode had its own secret level, and the music for them was awesome.
Doom 2's secret level and super secret level were both fucking shit.

The cow level

Star Fox 64

Crash Bandicoot

This

Internet killed any kind of secret games could had anyways

The level was annoying as fuck, but good lord that end section made up for it. Never failed to make me shit myself on the spot as a weelad

why does that gook have hoofs instead of hands?

hi

I love secret boss fights, either ones you have to go out of your way to find, or fulfill some insane requirements (insane to the point where the secret boss' theme was thought to be cut content, like vid related).

Kingdom Hearts 1 had fun and challenging secret bosses. I don't remember what the rewards were, but the fights were pretty memorable, like during the Sephiroth fight, he had so much health it exceeded the health gauge, or the Doom spell Phantom casts on your party, so you have to kill him and keep Stop cast on the clock before your team dies.

Tyrian had some pretty cool secret levels.

WARNING:
ABA HEDRON
THE JUDGE
APPROACHING

The key is to play games without looking up the secrets in advance.

this is the best way, a lot of great old games have missables or never explains things thought,adds to the challenge

Serious Sam The First Encounter was almost a third shorter if you found no secret level, they were massive.

It's only available on postgame of the neutral/wanderer route and the game itself is fucking shit. At least it gave me hope that running away from the shitty sinking continent with my loli sister and twink husbando was worth it. They're both gonna bulk the fuck up.

At the end of Dynamite Headdy for the Mega Drive there's a keypad, and putting in the right code takes you to a secret boss. The code is randomly generated every time you start the game and only available through bonus rounds.
The secret boss is The president of SEGA, who wants to make a shitty sequel and milk the franchise

Each Insomniac Museum in every Ratchet & Clank was a really sweet insight on the developpement of the game inside the same game. I wonder why there aren't any more levels like this in other games. In one of the R&C you could simulate your arena battle, it was pretty fun, especially since you could even play as an enemy in the arena. R&C developpers were great guys. Two of them even did a let's play developper commentary on R&C 2 and 3.

oh boy. meat boy really takes the cake, beating a certain time on any level unlocks a harder version. on top of other kinds of secret levels to unlock characters or just for shits and giggles.

That reminds me, I need to
ACTIVATE CHRISTMAS
in a couple weeks

they must really enjoyed themselves making those games.
rabi ribi has a museum of sorts, you can play a lot of scrapped content and view concept art.
i love it when they include that kind of stuff in the game. in donkey kong tropical freeze you can unlock concept art through collectibles on each level. i dont recall if that was in dkcr as well but i imagine it was.

I think half of Donkey Kong Country's gameplay was about finding the secret levels.

i remember thinking it was such bullshit that you couldnt just beat up the bouncer guarding the secret levels in dkc 2

This level was dogshit though.

The secret levels in Dick Kickem 3D had some interesting gimmicks

Best girl, but what the fuck issue wrong with the proportions of her arms?

I think she's supposed to be leaning forward or something.

Perspective as mentioned above.

What? her hands aren't even visible in that picture.

Fuck yes, i still remenber going into that room with the hexagon filled with pinkies and imps with only my chainsaw.

I think it was meant to have more stuff. Or the map hints at that. The "Mystery" was a pre-internet meme.

Found an amv with the scene. For everyone confused by her pose.

AMV's are some of the gayest things in existence. I know not all weebs are like this but you guys gotta have some quality control, jesus christ.

HMVs are better

AMV Hell is decent

Still doesn't make it not garbage. I like Sandy Petersen and his levels, but not this one, it's obviously rushed beyond belief, and I can't believe it's his favourite level that he made.

Does the dark firelink shrine in DS3 count?

Most AMVs are the gayest things in existence because it is just jerking off all over the show. This is pretty much just a TL;DR of how sex crazed Anna was.

It was the first result I found on Youtube, get raped.

WHAT ARE YE DOIN IN ME SWAMP

My favorite secret level is the one in Skull Monkeys solely because of the song.

I've been listening to too much Siivagunner. I was expecting to tune to turn into For The Longest Time or All Star.

jewtube never should have been more than shitty amvs and YTP

>tfw no more bandcamp albums
I listen to this shit way more than anyone should have any right doing.

sanic 3 and knuckles

i was thinking about it while i was searching for it. and i was seriously considering posting a "high quality rip"

well you need youtubes to poop in the first place. unless you mean to be rid of ecelebs. in that case lets not derail the wonderful and very vidya thread

i want to cum inside earthworm jim

They also have one on the original and they plan on doing one for the most recent game after enough time passes. Not only that but they even did a commentary for the beta build for the original.

Best secret levels. ID did pretty well with them in their games. My favorite is E1M9 in the first Doom game.

is up there as well. I actually don't particularly like Quake 1 but this map is probably the best one in the whole damn game.

What, really?
Great, time to reinstall. Thanks a lot asshole.

The final 100% level is to date the only reason I cant write that shit off as 'Completed' in my backlog.
Seriously, that shit is fucking impossible with the comet orbiting it, I keep trying now and then but I have had the same save data on that mother fucker for years now and been unable to do it.

Hell man, I am gonna be honest I got super excited when they pulled that shit on me.
Gave me a nice old feeling of a true 100% run, shit I havent really felt since the 64 days.
But I cant say shit because I haven't 100% that one yet. I stopped a good chunk of the way through because I wasn't sure if I just needed the flagpole top of the flagpole top with every character, and it got messy keeping track of the levels I have and haven't beat.
But I had no quarrels unlocking the very final stage of SMG2, it was the stage itself that became my undoing Fucking 1HP comet bullshit

feels fucking great doesnt it? are you sure you arent subconsciously holding yourself back becuase you dont really want to win and for it to be over?

It was a pretty fun time. the 'now do ALL OF IT' part really hit well with my memories of needing to 100% every game I played as a kid.
I actually even had a similar problem with Super Mario World, where it wouldn't tell me which levels I got all the double exits from so in the end I was one level short from completion because I couldn't find what exit I haven't beat.

I really gotta get some pals together and play the multiplayer of 3D world some time, I only did a single player run. Might even try to finish my 100% one through multiplayer

I don't know why but that just took all the fun out of it. You'd think the fight would be a nice reward for all that effort, but meh.

Map32: go 2 it

Fags all of you

Good, i opened this thread just to check for this.

Go 4 it was better.

Stamper was the best thing out of that game.

Why are 2D insane women so attractive?
Shame her VA died

Why live

Maybe you're just lookin' to catch some hot rape
It's the best fetish

They're so hot because they are always focused on just on guy. They're obsessed and dedicated. That's pretty attractive.
They're also not fuckugly like real crazies tend to be.

Come on user.

I-It's an old weebum

Stamper is the best in general.

Nah man thats shitty.
100% for a 'real' ending is understandable
but 100% required for ANY ending? thats some bullshit.

Show us your amazing taste in art user,

we should be ashamed

You know I think at this point I'd miss him if he did

It doesn't matter if there's a million people pointlessly calling out shit art, they are all still shit art user, just as it is with ass user and float guy. you carry the torch, you carry the name.

got any more pics of her?

to bad it never goes ANYWHERE

wtf

For a variety of reasons, user.
I posit that 2D women in general are attractive because: 1) they are conceptions of the ideal partner, 2) they are immune from physical/emotional taint (that is, they cannot be adversely affected by outside forces), and 3) they cannot disappoint.
For the insane 2D women, all the above applies, with the notable inclusion of a few facts.
Firstly, insane 2D women (as are all 2D women) are removed. That is, the consequences of their insanity are not immediately present to the lover.
Secondly, it provides a sense of the dangerous to the lover. Much in the same way that the 3D woman seeks out the "bad boy" archetype, so the "insane girlfriend" is sought out by men. Just as it ends poorly for women seeking "bad boys", so does it also for the man seeking the "crazy chick". A 2D woman removes the man from the consequences of seeking that archetype, thereby making the search satisfying yet titillating.

ok
da fuck are you talking about?

3D women age. 3D women change attitudes. 3D women lose their beauty. 3D women are not static.
The 2D woman provides a glimpse into the eternal. Despite all odds, she exists outside of time and space, thereby rendering her unable to truly age (and thereby reap all the effects of aging).
As for not disappointing, the 2D woman does not expect anything from you. She does not demand you work, study, exercise, or even go outside. She will embrace you so long as you love her.
Even the most desperate of 3D women will have some standards and expect you to provide some sort of constant satisfaction.

This is basic waifu studies, user.

i think i slept in that part of class.

Think about it.
Does Miku ask you to shower?
Does Konata demand you go get a job?
Does Asuka or Rei command you to go exercise?
To all the men who have waifus here, ask yourselves: when was the last time my waifu demanded anything from me that I didn't already want myself?

i think it all depends on the waifu personality

And if you don't deliver, what will she do? Leave?
Conceptions of the ideal can't move from your mind like the real woman can move from your apartment, user.
At the end of the day, Asuka (or whatever you call your waifu) is your personal ideal, conforming to the ebb and flow of your tastes.
It's all in your head.

The best secret level is Green Hill Zone in Sonic Adventure 2. It helps that the rest of the unlockables in that game are spaced apart very well, but finding an entire secret level after doing the pretty difficult task of getting 100% is great. But then not only is it a callback level for the 10th anniversary game, it's actually an accurate translation of the level to 3D. It could have been a longer level, but it was a lot of fun, and blew my mind. Also it proves that Adventure Sonic is a better adaptation of the old games than Modern Sonic.

I have to say, why do so many people seem to like the Green Hill Zone music? It's literally the worst track in the entire Sonic 1 OST.

If you boost the volume levels a stupid amount it become memetastic

well…

Malformed tulpas =/= waifus, user.

Waifu =/= relationship tbh
The more you discuss this the less it sounds like a partnership and the more it sounds like a "happy place" for an ideal personality you're making up in your head. Which is pretty gay tbh. At least with a tulpa you responses you don't always expect. A "perfect" waifu should challenge you and occasionally contradict your personality and preferences. Otherwise it's just a boring female version of you. You shouldn't be content with submissive personalities that only like you because you say so.

dont worry, user, robot waifus soon

Aren't we still floundering about with AIs though? Unless you're some, "she's the character I jack off to the most so I guess she's my waifu" fag, the likeness is just one half of what's needed

Robot sex servants are more likely within our lifetime before we're able to make AI smart enough to actually feel like we're talking to a living thing. Which I'm fine I guess. I mean I was born in to the age of the internet. Asking for more would be a bit picky at this point.

I remember some other game that reminds me of this, the only thing I can remember about it is that commercial had a boy and some beast that figured out it could fly.

As someone who has been in a relationship with his tulpa with a few years now, I would say it's only worth it if you're fine with losing control of your mind. It really is worth it in my opinion because she can make me feel whatever she wants and bring me to orgasm over and over and over again with little to no cooldown.

this. secret level? in crash bandicoot 2 there's a secret world.
you get to it through crazy difficult to find portals in the normal levels.
Just beauty.

early id games had a lot of this

same

Should have stayed dummied out code.

Like pottery

In his mind, the whole thing was meant to portray hell as a jumbled mess, highlighting animosity between the various groups of monsters.

Sandy Petersen should have spent less time making babies and more time designing levels

are glitch worlds secret levels?

Is your mom a whore?
the answer to all those questions is yes

Did Minecraft's terrain generator ever get interesting again? I remember that at a certain point it just got all generic and boring landscapes.

DMC challenge rooms are great

The rewards weren't very good. Or not good compared to the stuff you would have by the time it was feasible to beat some of those fights.

Phantom is a neat idea, but once you know how he works, he becomes mind-numbingly boring, since you just repeat the same thing a few dozen times to kill him. He needed to be a bit more dangerous outside of his time mechanic imo

There's a reason this shit was kept quiet for centuries

How is DS3 anyway? I haven't bothered to beat 2, that shit was just so dumb it gave me no motivation to beat it.

well theyve been adding biomes, and you have worldgen options now, not just "amplified". there are setting you can copy paste in that claim to be in the vein of old timey world gen or you can play with the setting yourself.
i havent toyed with it though, im usually playing with modded biomes.

I fapped too many times today thanks to this shit.

MOTHERFUCKER
came in here just to post and someone beat me to the point. Plus, there's also the one that leads into the SUB STANDARD PIRATE and INCREDIBLE DIVY RUN

2 didn't bother me that much. it had nowhere the aesthetic or mystique that 1 had, but I still felt it was decent and interesting. play bloodborne if you haven't already

"Select the gun and then select your tulpa."

Is that supposed to be Susie?

What a shame, she was one of the best around.

Her skill doomed her. Otaku are horrible people who don't deserve nice things so when something nice DOES happen to them the universe takes a step to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Anime was a mistake.

Even though the world and lore is interesting, it suffers from catering to nostalgiafags, a lot.

And gameplay-wise, shit that was introduced DS2:
Armor makes no difference (Poise and damage reduction)
Enemies have almost unlimited stamina
Half-way through the game almost all enemies hit you by 33% of your life in one attack

Also, fuck the DLC, don't pay for it, it's a half-assed scam, and don't believe the shill in the reviews (you will know because they all use two arguments: "quality vs quantity" and "muh ambience", when in reality it was really bland)

That's the wrong term, the correct term is "thoughtform".

No.

blueflamemagick.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/tulpa-not-what-you-think/

semantics

what in the everloving fuck, goddamn that's alot of shots

He's pretty good

OH ARE WE DOING THAT SHIT NOW, OKAY LOOK AT MINE, I MADE IT MYSELF. DO YOU LOVE MY INCREDIBLE ORIGINAL TASTE IN MUSIC?

I can tell you what the worst secret level is. When they changed the art-style to that hideous abomination, Blizzard then put this in to rub it in the faces of the people who decried the deviation from the high-contrast vistas of the earlier betas and previous games. It's a deliberate middle finger to the fans and everyone with good taste in aesthetics in general.

Oh and then they nerfed the absolute crap out of that area too so you have absolutely no incentive to go there.

Sometimes they do, though. They tend to post classic art because he probably watched that Why Is Modern Art So Bad video and didn't realize they actually had no arguments other than a made up BIGGER IS BETTER chart.

Shit art anons usually have no fucking idea what they are talking about. Recently, there was a retard on Holla Forums somehow arguing in favour of more realistic and proportioned (human-like, more proportioned than anime) cartoons while also arguing in favour of off-model in the same post.