Finally got around to playing Fallout 4

I listened to Holla Forums and thought it'd be a repeat of Skyrim, but even worse.

But I actually am finding the game an improvement over Skyrim in many respects. No modular dungeons. Gear and stats affect build variety more importantly. Legendary spawns and weapon suffixes. Vertibird vehicle interaction. A less "you are the Dragonborn" storyline.

And they actually attempted to do the Bethesda attempt of a BoS/House/Legion faction dispute.

So what are the terrible things about this game?

The story sucks major dick.
A lot of lore contradictions.
Ammo of certain types is challenging to find and you will have to buy it, which makes some builds almost not viable I was running around with Kellog's pistol being a fucking cowboy and ammo for the thing is nowhere to be found
Certain skills break the game.
Bugs, like the one where McCree's perk lets you headshot everybody with 95% chance no matter the distance and weapon
Companions are alright, but sometimes judge you for ridiculous shit.
Character creator looks nice, but my character always looked like she ate paint chips.
Game breaking bugs, shit crashes.
Bullet sponge enemies.
VATS being in slow motion instead of a time stop doesn't give you the time to analyse the situation and choose the thing you want to do, you just shoot at the highest percentage.
Dialogue options not being shown in full is shit, sarcasm option especially. Mod that shit as soon as possible.
Factions are shit and don't make sense.
Weapon modification is weirdly limited sometimes.
Power Armor has a shit ui, power cells are used too fast when using a jetpack which limits the fun seriously if you add a jetpack make it fun
Voiced main character is a shit idea.
Male mc sounds like a fucking pussy, female is alright.

Settlement building:
Everything you build looks like it was standing there for 20 years, and it is fucking broken
Limitations don't let you build what you want, and if you go over them the game lags like hell
Settlers are just "Settlers", they have no names or anything interesting about them
Happiness goes down when you are away for no reason at all
Even at defence rating of over a hundred you will still get quests about raiders, who spawn RIGHT IN THE SETTLEMENT
You can't fix your old house in sanctuary
Limited inventory goes against the whole settlement system, since you need to collect everything now

Feel free to ask about any of these points and I'll elaborate.

because fallout have how many dungeons user? 12?
except if you don't use a meme build you wont be able to do damage and the game will feel 10x boring
Legendary enemies are bullet sponges that get their health back to 100% once you take 50%, weapon suffixes aren't unique enough(some of them are just a %damage increase)
Vertibirds are just glorified fast travel with a limit on were you can go, and the only "interaction" you get from it is the minigun
Except that now you have to rescue SHAUN, and with a voiced protag your choices of Roleplaying(this is a RPG amirite?) are only one: widow/widower who's only son was kidnapped by a mysterious group. But with usual Beth Shit Writing your son is actually the leader of said mysterious faction
Again, with Beth Shit Writing you have to kill the other 2-3 factions, you can't be a diplomat and convince the others like in NV. Also their intentions are plain stupid:
"me destroy institute 'cus they bad"(BoS)
"me destroy institute 'cus me have to save tincans"(Railroad)
"me destroy institute 'cus… me don't know"(Minuteman)
"me not destroy institute 'cus my son have disease that a ORGANIZATION WITH THE POWER TO CREATE LIFELIKE MACHINES CANNOT CURE EVEN WHEN IN THE FINAL QUEST YOU GET A CHILD THAT IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE SHAUN BUT 10-YEARS OLD"(Institute)

The gunplay is good but after awhile you will start noticing that is actually fucking bad, I only got the placebo effect because I've been playing NV/3 before. The Powerarmor is cool but giving you one after 20min of gameplay is BAD(also the fusion cores are suppose to last 200 years of constant use, but then again Beth Shit Writing strikes again).
The only character Beth actually decided to mocap is the Journalist Lady, seriously, it bugs me out that she have life-like animations when the rest of the npcs use the facegen stuff.

Also, why the fuck did you delete the old thread?

It's a fun game where you talk to people and shoot things. Go play it to your heart's content if you truly like it. I personally wouldn't care about what manchildren and neckbeards would say about things I like.

It's alright if all you wanna do is run around, find stuff and shoot stuff i.e. the way normalfags play games.

It's a bad Fallout game though and full of sweet little lies from our dear Todd.

The only way anyone on Holla Forums should play this is via pirating.

What a fucking shock, when your previous game is total garbage your next game is bound to be better.
Call the fucking kotaku, retarded cockdevourer.

Here's your reply.

This was one of the things that really, really bothered me when I was playing it. I ended up playing with cheats on just so I could be able to pick shit up and still move around, and it ruined a lot of what little fun I might have been able to have.

Bullshit. Most of the dungeons still have a "quick exit" or loop around.

Than Skyrim? Sure. But you're still starting out as pretty much competent at everything, and only grow to be god-tier at everything. Half the perks are useless or damage/accuracy modifiers, some of them are broken, and it encourages a very narrow selection of build types. No skill checks and primary focus on combat means no consequences for a fucked up build.

Because that's what Fallout really needed. To be more like Borderlands.

That shit's ok, but would have been better if they had disabled fast-travel to provide a real incentive for wanting to join the Brotherhood. Every other use of Vertibirds are trash, and they're about as durable as tissuepaper. A small group of raiders in a shelled out apartment building can take one down with ease using only small arms fire. They should have been far more durable, and provided a real incentive to at least not piss the Brotherhood off until you had high-end weapons to deal with them.

Bullshit. You are handed the leadership of a major faction just minuites after leaving the vault (shortly after you get power armor and a mini-gun) - and everyone from there on out relies on you to save their collective asses from everything else. Travis isn't quite as bad as 3Dog, but he still hangs on the player's nutsack as a savior of the wasteland way too much.

Tried and failed miserably. You can join and advance in every faction with basically no consequences until "X Story Trigger" forces you to choose one for the sake of queuing up the pre-scripted ending scenario. Ending doesn't even reflect your choices, nor does the wasteland change in any substantial way due to who you chose to side with. Siding with the Brotherhood or Institute is about as inconsequential as choosing Stormcloak or Imperial.

The game is shit.

how fucking late to this party can you be? just go look through some of the archives you dullard

What would have been a nice touch is if Bethesda had the Brotherhood come into the commonwealth and start harassing locals and the player for their power armor and energy weapons. Yeah, they're there to destroy the institute as their primary mission - but allowing this high-end tech to just accumulate in the hands of wasters is a BAD TACTICAL MOVE - as demonstrated if you don't side with them. Plus, giving you your own set of Brotherhood Power Armor feels fucking lame when you can just toss it on the pile with your other twenty suits you've found up to that point. They should have let you go with your tech after the first encounter at the police station, as a tactical move (being only three on a recon squad) - but once the Brotherhood was there in force, you really should have been harassed and raided for your tech unless you chose to join them. You should have seen random encounters with the BoS shaking down merchants for their energy weapons, and the Atom Cats for their suits of armor. They should have actually been the occupying force they were portrayed to be… bringing order at the point of a plasma rifle.

I really hope, if we see another Fallout game on the West Coast, that the Brotherhood is reduced to a gang of nomadic tribal raiders - barely more important to the grand scheme of things as the Vipers were in NV - shaking down people for scraps of tech for no other reason than some half-remembered pseudo-religious creed, and using it to patch their broken and failing power armor.

Fallout 4

i borrowed a friends yesterday.

Legendary monsters was a mistake.

I don't think that's what he meant by "modular"

Vertibirds are great for carrying fuckloads of loot (ie overburdened where you cant fast travel). Stupid and gamey, but at least there's a use.

It's not Fallout 2, nuff said.

>>>/reddit/

I want a blowjob from that stump.

My ranking of bethesda "RPGs" goes
Morrowing>>>Fallout 4>Skyrim>Oblivion>Fallout 3

No new vegas because obsidian
No Arena or Daggerfall because i haven't played them yet.

fiteme

Shill

where the fuck is the quiet r34 with her models already?

You asked for it

it's quiet but it has a dick
i'm still excited for some reason

They fucked it up by taking out skill points. They didn't work well in Fallout 3, but instead of being lazy fuckers and just removing them altogether, they could have fixed it. Made it work.

Now all you need is the appropriate S.P.E.C.I.A.L, and the perk is unlocked. Thanks to bobbleheads and the option of spending a perk on acquiring a S.P.E.C.I.A.L point, you become godlike jack-of-all-trades anyway.

It's shit.

They didn't fix what FO3 broke. They broke it even more.

You could put Perk Points into SPECIAL stats in FO3/NV too via Intense Training. The difference is that in FO3/NV you only got perks every 2 or 3 levels, and you had a level cap of 30(FO3)/50(NV)… so had to think about what perks you really wanted to take, and how it would effect your build. In FO3, this wasn't even really that important, but coupled with New Vegas's prolific skill checks - it actually came dangerously close to working somewhat. Using a perk to boost a SPECIAL stat was a massive tradeoff and usually best avoided in favor of clothing/cybernetics/chems. So of course, the obvious answer was to shitcan the whole system - scrub skill and skill checks, give perks every level, and uncap player level so they can make whatever fucked up/contradictory/broken build they mindlessly bumblefuck their way into and absolutely nothing will change in-game or punish them.

And I guess, if they're just chasing bucks, that's kind of a smart move. Most people who play their games, only play through once. Hell, half of them are probably just chasing easy achievements. I notice a lot of people on the PS4 communities are bitching because mods disable trophies… and because that means that either they have to choose between the PS4's pathetic excuse for mods, or getting their precious trophies, cause who the fuck BUYS a game to play it semi-regularly or at all - ever - after the initial run-through. No… you buy it, you get your trophies, and then you throw it on the fucking pile to never be played again, or traded in for a $3.50 return on a $60 purchase at GoyimStop. Most people who play Bethesda games are basically paying, for what in practice equates to a $60 rental fee.

In 3 you got a perk every level.

only improvement to fallout 4 was combat felt better

Eh, maybe I'm remembering differently after playing with re-balancing mods & TTW. Still, with a level cap of 30 (20 initially), even a perk every level didn't really change the fact that you had to put at least some thought into how you were approaching the game, and picking the right perks to compliment it. Again, the most damning part of Bethesda's implementation is that there were very few skills that were really useful outside of a few core skills like Science/Lockpicking. Most shit just were just modifiers on what you were doing anyhow… slightly more damage, slightly more caps during trade, etc. They didn't open up new scenarios, provide novel workarounds for less combat oriented characters, etc… the way that New Vegas at least tried to do.

Hol up, was you be the guy who posted this waifu that I mocked in the salt party threads?

fallout 4 project nevada Commonwealth mod when?
how are the lewds?
did that faggot finished the frog armor mod?