Modern games with huge levels

Name them Holla Forums. They have to be modern games, 2010+/
Pic related. Very satisfied, did not expect something like this. Definitely worth a pirate.

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/StreumOnStudio/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best one coming through inb4 furious BBabies start shitflinging

Holy shit, kill yourself faggot.

No seriously. I wanna see how few titles past 2010 do this.

Styx did have some great level design, hard to top actually. I guess the closest I know would be dishonored.

Assuming open-world sandbox games don't count, the only ones besides Soulsborne games I can think of is Dishonored, as mentioned.

Also is Styx actually good? I pirated it on recommendation in some random thread a few months ago but never got around to installing it.

Orcs and Men and Styx are pretty underrated, some good story surprises in Styx and the origin of the Goblin race, well, only good for one walkthrough though.

I think it's great. It has clipping issues and some parts of stealth are kind of illogical, but for a stealth game it's really good.

The levels are well done and are very big.
It's the AI that's the problem

The levels are well done and are very big.
It's the AI that's the problem

skyrim, fallout 4, gta, saints row, farcry, biosick infinity, destini, etc etc

Orcs and Men is the utmost of fuck if you're playing on a difficulty above Normal. Do not play it on anything that isn't normal difficulty because act 2's intro will make you want to rip your dick out.

I agree but wew lad.
Screencapped for future generations

Are you even trying? Put in some god damn effort.

lmoa!!

I still can't tell if it was supposed to be a shortcut, or if it had content that never made it in the game or if it has some super hidden secret no one found.

It's obviously a posting error you retard

the game was built around doing a suit only silent assassin run(never spotted, no bodies found) where you only murder the targets. the ai might be dumb for regular playthroughs but its fucking tough to do that challenge

It's pure autism for the sake of pure autism. The "shortcut" is brilliant in that it's just low enough to prevent you from standing/sprinting and has all those ridges on the sides that force you to change direction, preventing you from just taping the forward key and waiting. I wish the game had more of that shit. Considering the level designer is the same, there's hope that crazy easter eggs like this will make an appearance in Deathwing.>>11202094

If it's worth it, buy it. Support devs. We got all this shit like new CoD or BF or AC or FIFA every fucking year, because people are buying them. And we don't get good games because they are pirated.

Op, that level is not so big. It's just gives the illusion of big.

I don't think it's small at all. And getting to explore most of it, layer by layer, tunnel by tunnel it makes it seem much bigger. I haven't played a game like this in a long while.

Fallout 4

EYE 2 is happening after Deathwing, and it's gonna be a tacticool SWAT-like federal cop simulator with all the crazy shit like metastreumonic force, psi-troops and EYE agents.

Styx is most fun if you go full stealth, it can be very challenging to go full GHOST while stealing all collectables in each map

It's not that big. That character and perspective is just small. You wanna go m8, I'll retk ya! :V

What's the replay value of Styx like, OP? I've had a stealth game itch for a while, heard Styx was underrated and am now thinking of buying it around Christmas.

you just wishful thinking or got a source?

I hear they're doing a second one, too

looks neato. we need more games with playable goblins, i love those little fuckers.

Numerous forum posts by the devs. Unfortunately I don't know french, so I can't pinpoint them.

It's big enough and the fact that you have to tiptoe around it makes it worth it, not just filled with empty zones like the usual big maps in most games.
The multiple paths thing is great.

It's low. You beat a level and you learn the better paths. But the maximum difficulty probably spices it up.
You should pirate it to try it if you are that much of a buyfag.

I don't demo games when I pirate. I finish the whole thing first and then decide if it's good. I'm still at level 2, but so far I like it a lot.

hey I know my way around a bit of baguette, which forums are we talking here?

Technically not a game yet but Outerra might be worth a look into.

Streum On's own forums. They have posted some 'concept' photos that are supposed to convey the general look and feel of the game and discussed some game mechanics. For example they said that the game would be like Swat 4 and players play as federals. I have no direct link as the thread was on their french forums and I understand fuck all of it.

I don't remember, actually. It was mostly screencaps that I didn't save, but AFAIK there was something on their Facebook page. facebook.com/StreumOnStudio/

The worst part about HR is really the sprinting mechanic.

Fuck that is some horrible shit.

cheers