Marth is the best character in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Fox is for autists

Marth is the best character in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Fox is for autists.

Other urls found in this thread:

ikneedata.com/meleelight
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why does he speak japanese, nobody else speaks japanese. he STILL only speaks japanese

So is he too complicated and requires you to stack cups to use?

Nah nigger, Bowser is the best Melee character. He shakes the stage on landing.

Project AutisM is better.

when I was a kid I thought he was a Spanish fencer.

Master Hand is the best character in smash, you can't even hit him off stage.

melee has shit graphics lmao

Looks okay to me tbh fam.

this looks like something out of a gamecube game

mew is the better master hand. you cant even hit it

Nigga, do you even Ganon?

dont even b r e a t h e

meme

ftfy

Who the fuck still plays melee?

Ganon is my 2nd favourite character actually. 3rd is Captain Falcon. Too bad they made Ganon complete shit in Brawl though, sad shit.

Yes. Fox requires a shitload of practice to git gud with. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Lot of people still do tor man.

To follow up on what I said in

It's not like I'm a scrub who only plays easy characters. Fox is just autism-mode tier. I've practiced wavedashing, etc. But playing fox is like mathematical analysis compared to say, Ganon or Marth's algebra.

As a kirby main
Yes, Please.
More people play as marth.

>main Foxed because he was fun.
>Be the dorm room champ.
Feels good

smdh

Mooninite pls go

user
There you go

I don't really care about Smash, I only play it when someone else wants to. So what's the big deal about Smash on the Wii? Why is it the worst?

Have any of you kids ever thought about playing a real fighting game?

Is KoF '02 good enough for you?
If not, then fuck off.

Who here Crusade?
Who here Flash 2?

What do you smoke and where can I get some?

I would like to, but the movement is so stiff in traditional/real fighting games it puts me off them. I'd like to play Guilty Gear because it seems wacky and open-ended enough, but there's no scene for it in my town.

Nigga, please.

This is a really good fighting game. Played the shit out of it on the gamecube.

Melee Ganon fucking rocks. I dunno why Nintendo had to ruin him in Brawl/Tr4sh.

bumping an actual smash bros thread

hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door. The smash 4 thread is two blocks down.

who put you on the planet ugh

Marth main here. I'd say that Marth players are the autists and that Fox players are more concentrated try-hard. Nothing wrong with either, really.

I'll play any Japanese fighting game with people, even Rumble Roses. Smash just happens to be easy to pick up, difficult to master.

I like Roy, but I'm more used to working with Marth's extra length and tippers.

So what did you all think of Smash Summit 3? I couldn't catch it live so I've been working my way through the archives. And who's pumped for Smash the Record 2016 and its wonderful stage selection bullshit?

Double laser is still not safe, Hbox is 2nd-place master again, Leffen and SFAT are phonies.

FALCON

YES

This is good thread even if op is shit don't fuck up this shit nigga.

I think I found the autist right here.

Melee is a game so broken it puts MvC2 to shame. The only reason people play is because muh Nintendo.

Dark Pit

ask your mum

Aree you fucking retarded? It is a GameCube game, you giant fuck.

I like Peach. She's cute :3

Because he is Japanese, dumbass.

What kind of question is that.

Marth would make a good trap. I'd like to get him in Peach's dress and fuck his tight boy pussy.

she is for non ture for autists like u

melee ganon is fun and all, but any changes that differentiate him from falcon are welcome in my book.

In my opinion, replacing the Gerudo Dragon with the Flame choke was a good call from Nintendo in Brawl. Shame they fucked everything else up.

And Mang0's back to being a buster. FeelsBadMan

"""SKILL""" I still love it

M2K is the most well known Marth player, how could anyone argue?

Whatever you say

objectively this

The only thing I got out of Summit 3 is the fact that PP needs to return, The Moon needs to commentate more.
Lovage is also always enjoyable on the mic, but that's nothing new.

M2K made himself known as a Fox main though.
M2K's Marth struggles in the Peach and Jigglypuff matchups (which should favor Marth) because he's reluctant to learn new tech to punish harder and isn't patient enough in neutral. PP's Marth is arguably better for that reason, but he doesn't get the same sort of conversions because his punish game isn't as refined.
I think PPU, The Moon, and SmashG0D are on the right track with incorporating pivots into their play. SmashG0D took Armada to last stock game 3 at Evo earlier this year, and last year PPU had an excellent set vs Hbox at Apex. You can just take stocks so much more easily with pivots.

Isn't Kirby the most powerfull character?

Yes and Hackurai ruined him in Melee just because he didn't want his own creation to be too strong.

I'm not exactly surprised no Kirby fans call him out for this. It is his character and that thinking isn't wrong.

Every day PP spends in his Appalachian mountain cabin I die a little more.

In Smash 64 he's hilariously broken. His up tilt hits several body lengths behind and above him, for instance. In Melee, Kirby is by far the worst character in the game because he has all the weaknesses of Jigglypuff with none of the benefits like good aerial drift or a good recovery. He has five jumps and still one of the worst recoveries in the game. Think about that.

So how long did it take each of you to git gud at Melee, or at least git competent? I have been spottily attending local tournaments over the last month or two and neglecting to practice since I've been having a hard time motivating myself.

Obviously I won't be as good as Mango in my first year or two - or ever, frankly - but assuming that I do dedicate more time to practicing and gitting gud, when might I stop being everybody's whipping boy?

yeah, but I got bored and started to play smash games like 64, PM, and melee.

ok I lied, I still love the shit out of CVS2.

I don't practice or anything, but I've played on and off for 2 years for fun. I'm 6th place at my college some how, but I think it's because the skill gap is huge at locals.

someone post the webm with all the japanese foxes in the park or forest or whatever the fuck

got you covered, fam

>Watch Project M guide for Fox/Falco/Wolf

Fuck me I guess I'll remain a casual at Smash Bros cause that just doesn't look like fun. When that gamecube controller sounds like a mechanical keyboard on 150wpm + actual skill being done versus random mashing? That's just a level I know I'll never reach.

Who is your main and what do you intend to practice that you don't do?
Any particular matchups you have trouble with?

It's common for noob spacies to get shit on by Marth because his sword is simply larger than their own hitboxes when they go in so they get walled out because they're too stupid to shoot lasers to force Marth to approach them.
More or less, once the Fox/Falco learn how to get in safely and apply good pressure, the matchup heavily leans in the other direction unless the Marth has his movement on point and his punish game is refined.
A lot of Marths simply don't know how to approach when forced to and they'll make bad decisions like throwing out F-smashes in neutral or using F-air and N-air to try and get in.

Same fam

You could just main a slower character like Dedede or Ganondorf and still rape spacies with them, that's the beauty of Project M.

I've been struggling to find a character I truly feel at home playing. I started playing Samus because she can take a beating and recover well, but I've been experimenting with other characters because her lack of approach options bothered me. After going 0-8 in pools at Canada Cup with Marth, I realize that Samus is probably the character for me. Peach is appealing, too, but her movement feels so sluggish and bad.

I guess part of my shitty practice routine was not being sure if I want to stick with Samus after all - I should probably just put in some time with her and get used to her timings.

Spacies are infamous for requiring adderall-tier execution, so don't be discouraged - contrary to what memers will tell you, Melee (and by extension, PM) are some of the hardest fighting games to play consistently well. There are plenty of characters in Melee and Project Voldemort who get by with fewer inputs per second, however, and you can always choose one of them.

Samus is fun as fuck. (Though I admit my experience with her is rather lacking)
I also wouldn't worry about the approach thing. With her projectile game, she shouldn't really have to. Though if you want to, I'm not totally sure what the extent of your options are.
If you really want to approach and play a character that can take a beating, Falcon would be your man, but his recovery is pretty bad. It's not the worst in the game, but it definitely leaves something to be desired. He can still survive for a long time in the right hands.
That's going to be something for you to figure out, but I'll try to help. Very rarely do I just sit down and practice. Even when I was new, I didn't do it.
For me, it was a lot more enjoyable to just sit down and work on doing the things I wanted to do in-game with my friends.
I also got experience in a wide variety of matchups that way.
I'll disagree. It's helpful, but not at all required. PP is pretty light in the tech department and still has excellent results, much more so than tech heavy players like Westballz or Dark.

Wii Fit main here. Is she any good? Recommendations for her?

It's your lucky day, friendo. I'm the only other Wii Fit main currently alive.
Bottom line: she's mid-tier. Better against characters where she can space out like Falcon and shitty against anyone with a reflector.
Sun Salutation should be your lifeblood. It is your shotgun. If you don't have one on deck, you should be reloading. No one ever said a shotgun isn't threatening without bullets, but it certainly isn't as useful.
Also, learn how to utilize the header cancel to its utmost. It is your most effective poking tool and WFT is a lot more scary with it.

I can offer more advice/post videos I found helpful if you're interested.

Right? Her moves are just so impactful. It feels so good to hit people with charge shots.
QQing aside, my desire to attend as many locals as possible is tempered by the lack of setups. I don't mind losing to other thoroughly mediocre players, but when you have two dozen players and four setups it kind of sucks. Practice to me is mostly just grinding out timings and stuff in training mode (which reminds me, I need to set up 20XX on my Wii).

TKBreezy is, as far as I remember, the most visible Wii Fit main, although John Numbers does work with her when he isn't punching holes in walls. She's kind of mediocre in the tier list due to her lack of kill moves and lack of setups for them, but Zero lost to a random Palutena player so remember tires don exits.

Do this ASAP. It's really easy and doesn't take long. The training stuff and action state overlays make it a lot easier to see what you're messing up, and the improved AI, while fllawed, is nice to play against as it will help you get familiar with how they can dash dance. Though it is no substitute for a real player, you can at least learn the spacing you want to maintain for the matchups you'll play most often and how to react to different DI.

Is there a complete idiot's guide to installing 20XX? I've never modded my Wii or any other consoles.

Overnight meme bump.

Embed related.
The video's description should have links to everything you need.

There are TWO threads about smash right now! Stop this shit!

This thread is for people who like Smash to talk about it and the community. The other thread is for shitposting and mental gymnastics, and will fall off the catalogue soon enough.

It's unfortunately not going to fall off the catalogue because people are retarded and can't tell when bait is bait.

Jesus fucking christ I'm glad I don't go to Xanadu anymore.

Well, that particular screencap is from 2013 when they did a harlem shake meme, so it may not be indicative of their current oh who the fuck am i kidding it's probably worse by now.

It's probably worse because the venue is still the size of a cardboard box and they get tons more people to show up.
Smaller locals allow for way more fun.

That's because techskill always come first. The most optimal way to study is first to learn dashdancing, wavedashing, and SHFFL and once you have the fundamentals down, you learn character matchups

I think the more important thing is to know your character's options before you start worrying about matchups. If your character has a dead button (Samus's up smash, for instance), training your muscle memory to avoid using it is as important as recognizing a good button (Falco's bair). Knowing any true combos your character has, as well as setups into them, is equally important given how few true combos there are in Melee compared to improvisational follow-ups.

Which chart?

I won a couple torunaments with him back when Melee was still popular in my country. Why do Meleefags refuse to recognize his greatness?

this. Most top Falco players have mental issues though that make him seem less viable. Mango does stupid shit, Westballz starts thinking he's a god and fucks up horribly, PP's dick is broken.

it's a lot of run to fuck with people with it.

sheik isn't that bad for him.

cause he's hard and requires patience. also some of the people attracted most to falcon and ganon are more about doing fun hype shit then going for clean kills and wins. For instance, None and bizarro flame are amazing players but when I watch them playing it's not like they're in it to win it per se as much as a m2k or armada they want to do new scary stuff and embarrass people with those characters imo.

Falco was always my nigga, same with my Taiwanese friend.

There are a few local players who do well with Ganondorf where I live. He's a very specific character, so doing well with him is as much about being a good player as it is knowing his tech.

n0ne actually makes a lot of smart plays, but he relies so much on reading and prediction that he almost always loses the first game, which can fuck him in a Bo3 set. His movement and APM are both so fast that the sheer number of attacks he puts out is enough to get a lot of data from his opponent, but sometimes he'll get clipped out of an approach and be knocked offstage without a jump.

I remember at a fairly recent European tournament he was commentating some random bracket match and after the first three or four neutral exchanges he said something to the effect of "see, both times he's been on that platform he's teched in - I don't know if that's what he'll do all the time, but that's a pattern and I'd try to capitalize on it." It's almost like character matchups don't matter to him as long as he knows which way you'll tech after a down throw. His approach to the game is unique, and I wish I had spoken to him more thoroughly at Canada Cup about it.

he plays vs. his opponent rather than his opponent's char, sounds like

That's what I said, yes.

In all seriousness, I like seeing him take a very traditional playstyle like that and go so far with it. People talk about optimization a lot in terms of punishes and tech skill, but I'm glad pro players like Mango and n0ne can get by on hard reads and a prayer. They use the tech as a means rather than the end.

I'M NOT THE SAME BUT I FEEL THE SAME
I FEEL NOTHING

At least the Smash Summit 3 vods are segmented well on Twitch. Iron man is such a sick format.

rip

The fate of all shitpost free Smash Bros threads.

Same furshit.

By the by, I want to pick up Falco to complement my Marth. Is this a wise option?

You trolling?

There's a smash thing going on in my uni today. Should I go? If yes, what should I expect?

Except some tryhards, some numales, and a lack of deodorant.

Which Smash game?

The flyer they had didn't mention which smash, but it said gamecube, so I assume it's melee.

I'd expect few spacie main tryhards huddled around a CRT while a bunch of normalfaggot casuals complain about there being no Sm4sh.
You'll at least get a few laughs out of it, i'd go if i were you.

I just got back. It wasn't competitive, it was just casual smash bros. and Mario Kart: Double Dash. I had fun though.

Good for you m8.
You 'muricans are lucky to still have people insterested in a Smash game that isn't Sm4sh, enjoy it while you can.

They asked me if I was good at smash before I started playing, I said yes, and I beat everyone there. The funniest story came from Mario kart though.

Ganondork fuckin' sucks bro.

she is hot
always thought she was the best smash girl

I suppose one of the advantages of living in a 3rd world country is that these kind of people don't exist here.

It's like you hate fun.

I like doing all those things, I just don't like having a grab that doesn't go beyond his elbow and getting beaten cleanly by every character better than him when there's a character that's just a better version of him. Ganon's good for fucking with people in friendlies and doubles but against anyone who knows how to deal with him it's one of the easiest matchups in the game.

She's also the best sailor moon

FUCKING HELL, I can't believe how casual you are.

Ganondorf is NOT a pressure character, if he gets knocked in the air, he has tools to still inflict tons of damage and land, and he's all about timing and reading your opponent, one of the easiest character types to grasp.

Someone acts, you REACT. You can't play Ganon like Falcon, they aren't the same, despite sharing the same moves.

fix'd.

god Leffen is such a huge kike, I can't wait for him to get btfo'd at summit 3

summit 3 already happened

FUCK

That ain't eSports

All characters in super smash bros are for autists because SSB is for autists.

It's a nintendo game. They're all for autists.

Christ. I guess I'm luckier than I thought given I've never met people like this.

Happy birthday, Melee. Here's to another 15 years.

I really see no reason to keep on playing Melee when Project M exist, i think Meleefags are too attached to their meta.

I think PMfags are too attached to their meta knight

If you have a smug anime collection, click on this webm.

ITT: Homos and furfags

I was in your shoes once, so I played sheik. Now I play falcon and can doubleshine. Just pick a low-input character and generally your tech skill will improve to the point where you can maybe pick up a fastfaller secondary if you want to.

Now this is interesting.
ikneedata.com/meleelight
Someone's been reverse engineering Melee and making it into a browser game. It would be prudent to download it now before Nintendo catches wind of it.

Nigga, Ganon isn't good. As long as your opponent respects Ganon's space he can't do shit because most of his stray hits send people too far for him to follow up with his slow movement. He has no consistent 0-to-deaths on any of the top characters, killing people requires multiple instances of bad DI and tech in/place/missed tech. It's not like other characters where good DI makes the punish game more difficult, with Ganon good DI can reset to neutral 50% of the time guaranteed. He's 100% perfect combo weight for Marth, Shiek, Falcon, Falco, Fox, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, and Puff. His recovery is only slightly better than Falcon's. He is not a good character when compared to the top 10.

It's not compatible with anything mobile, is it?

I used to enjoy playing Ganondorf in Melee because every time i managed to beat a Fox or Marth i'd feel an inmense amount of satisfaction.
It happened very few times but it was so beautiful i still remember every single win to this day

I mean, he's fun and flashy and all, but don't pretend he's an actually good character. You can do cool shit with just about anyone, doesn't mean they're good.