What would a game based on conspiracy Theories be like that's not intended to insult people who think out of the box?

What would a game based on conspiracy Theories be like that's not intended to insult people who think out of the box?

Would point and click be an alright style of game play?

The fuck that means?

It means

Desusex and MGS2 maybe? Though they're more of an ironic view on this whole conspiracy business.

Probably something like the first Deus Ex

Maybe a hacking game where you browse fake websites trying to get hold of classified info?

It doesn't need to be point and click. Deus Ex has every conspiracy imaginable and it's a FPS (which is kinda point and click I suppose). Most that deal with conspiracies are point and click though.

How is Dudesex ironic? Plenty of it turned out to be spot on, but that doesn't make it ironic.

By linking them to real world trends like Jewsex did, is my take.

It does mix a lot of far out stuff (Templars, ayyliens) to the more plausible material, but does it mostly straight. I guess it would seem ironic to someone who thinks old men playing running the world is just too implausible.

The irony is that it was made by people who took a bunch of conspiracy theories and shoved them into a grab-bag, thus creating an utterly implausible world with aliens, Templars, and demigods while accidentally putting in legitimate information on the Trilateral Commission, Rothschilds etc.

Deus Ex is a MESS
a
MESS
but it's the closest we'll ever get to dispensing reality to the masses.

But using only down to earth material would have it depressing and boring. It also would have made it near impossible to include more esoteric elements. Games are supposed to be fun.

maybe something with mechanics similar to uplink & the network from front mission where you get missions from /x/-style user boards and fringe conspiracy groups and then try to parse together information from news reports and databases.
or you could just have a singular conspiracy that you unravel over time.
i'd like to see a game with a john keel-esque protagonist. even just a survival horror mothman game would be pretty cool tbh

the more that i think of it, you could also use a lot ideas from the room and be a dude stuck in an apartment that provides information as you progress through the conspiracies.

destroy all humans maybe? it has literal tinfoil hat guys, but theyre right.
i guess it depends on what you consider insulting.

Speak for yourself. I'de love to play more games that involve you as a standard soldier, but instead of being a generic FPS clone you are somehow given a more intimate understanding on what was occurring in the internal politics that drive the battles you fight. So the actions you commit actually have a bit of context and insight. Allowing you to see things on a broader scale.

Hell Imagine being a standard fighter pilot in the LoTGH universe, and as you won more battles the more attention you would get from higher ups. Eventually the game would turn from a highly reactive space pilot sim to a full on strategic RTS with you in a flagship as you were promoted to a leading role.

Considering ammo restrictions and such I wouldn't go for it. The ships in LotGH can house a town. Taking one out with a fighter should be almost unheard of though possible.

If I made a game I dunno if I would really do this. Dialog mechanics in vidya is pretty hard to do right and the dialog in LoTGH is pretty complex at times. I'de either dumb it down (Which nobody would like) or streamline the dialog to be more linear (Which nobody would like). It's probably possible but god damn imagine how hard it would be to recreate Yang's interrogation scenes.

Though yea my terminology for space warfare is pretty shit since it's been a while.

OP, stop being a faggot. Any form of vidya could house your idea.

Then there's everything beyond just the combat aspects. Logistics, diplomacy, dealing with the Space Jews.

Shit's going to be dumbed down no matter how you approach it, because it'd be a convoluted mess once more than a few meaningful decisions come into play.

Good job chugging that kool aid, retard.

Point and click is never an alright style of gameplay, especially in 2016. It's just a step above walking sims.

what about the secret world?

eh i coulda used more conspiracies in this game

character customization and quests are great. It'd be better if it was a single/multiplayer game than an MMO though. Also whatever engine they use sucks, feels like you're gliding rather than walking.

1. Make it like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in regard to general mechanics, (ie, Health, bleeding, etc.)
2. Start working with things that have the most documentation and expand from there.
3. If more like an RPG, then have all the "stats" and "classes" be un-impressive and sound boring. That way nothing will stick out as the go-to-class. Everything will suck and remind you that you are just a hairs-width above every-day-joe.
4. All creatures you encounter are stronger than you are, typically. If it looks like it can fuck your shit up, it most likely can and will.
5. No targeting UI, No enemy selection, you can give the player a working UI for items and shit, but give them nothing more than a cross hair for combat.
6. The more shit you get into the harder it is for you to avoid the authorities, kinda like star thing in GTA. Or a reputation sorta. So you kinda have to keep a low profile or clean up shit after its gone down.
7. Of you get too lax, and the gov't starts to piece things together and it starts to point to you, then they will start hunting you as well.
8. Never make it clear what the gov't will do to you. Just that they want you and will do anything to get you. The deeper, the more deceptive their tactics get.
9. Force the player to travel around the region,continent,state,etc. to find activity or leads on anything paranormal.
10. The more you fuck over any force or group, the harder it will be to find them and fight them. Eventually these forces may go on the offensive if you have ruined their plans constantly.
11. Make it kinda spooky at night. More so when its dealing with anything undead or not of this universe, if you get that far.
12. Try to make all of the above subtle. The greatest impact or insight often does not begin with looking at the whole picture.

It means we shouldn't challenge a conspiratard's retarded beliefs