You have yet to master the autism required to enjoy Grand Strats like CK2

Am I a normalfag?

no, grand strategy games are just shit. I think you should stick to real games, not spread sheets.

You could have tried this shitpost in the /gsg/ thread.

GSG don't really require that much autism.
Usually you just gotta figure out each mechanism in the game and how it works, then make it do something productive.
You'll find that often the connections between each part of the gameplay are far more simple than you may expect and even the mechanics themselves are not that complicated.

Quite frankly, a lot of gameplay in GSG is there just so you actually have something to do instead of waiting blindly, and to pander to historicalfags that like things with the names they remenber from their history books.
History is cool, though

CK2 in particular is often hated by the fans because you can easily amass an army and start conquering places around you. After you start, you can just snowball till you own the world and most patches done by Paradox are just failed attemps at preventing this from being so easy, but they never work because they are braindead. The rest of the content is just for people to have something to do while in peace and to roleplay as. Indeed, some view CK2 and similar GSG as a good game to roleplay instead of playing it to win.

You want a game that needs a healthy dose of autism to master, try any 4X game like Civilization or Endless Legend. Those aren't particularly hard to learn but to master is another thing altogether.
Once you can win 40K Dust per turn or win a Cultural Victory using nukes, you can consider yourself good at 4X.

kys faggot

So how many times did you get rekt before uninstalling?

They ARE hard to master, gayfaggot.
Usually they come with a large selection of gameplay elements that all interact with each other in a net of choices, severely fucking with you in the late game if you made a bad move at the start of the game.
It doesn't take much just to play the game, but to actually exploit and abuse it, it needs serious theorycrafting, and if we are going "playing on the latest difficutly" or "playing against good players", then you got a lot of analysis to make to decide what's viable, what's doable and what's profitable.

This is why the meta for Civ 5 kinda tanked and it lost popularity, because it was braindead simple to really good players. But an average player won't consider "if I capture a new city, how long does it take to make up for the penalty to Science? Is it relevant before the game ends?"

Hi, custumer! I know exactly what Grand Strategy™ game you need, you filthy go- I mean… friend!

Maybe I will pick up Civ again, fun mix of history and some cobat etc

If I could only learn CK2 I'd roleplay to Jerusalem and back

CK2 is probably the easiest to master besides EUIV. It's really not that hard, just do the tutorial stuff and mess around as the emperor of HRE or something until you learn how the mechanics work and start a true game as a low count somewhere.

maybe youd rather play video games

you are not a complete mouth breathing retard/history teacher yet, congratulations.
Grand strategy games are shit.

No, you're a dipshit.

TBQH Fam, patience. As shitty as this may sound Quill18 and Arumba regularly do lets plays of CK2 and they're a not bad way to pick up some of the less obvious connections.

When you feel like you've got a good hold on CK2 and you really want to ratchet up the roleplay to bajirrion, find a mod for your favorite series (geheimnisnacht and the Game of Thrones mods being obvious ones with fairly high production quality.)

If you prefer the more "super advance risk" and less the "politiking nobby nobs" check out Dominions 4 (or 3)

Fucking inbreds, just start it up and read a few tooltips or something. It's not hard, it's not complex, it's doesn't even require autism (but it helps). If you want a GSG that poses a modicum of challenge and is a total bitch to learn, play EU3 – little to no tooltips, a dozen things that can fuck you over should you stop paying attention (I see you got an army, but now you're in deficit since your economy can't support it. What's that - you're printing money? Well, now you have inflation out the ass and everything is extremely expensive. Also, since you were busy doing that, your R&D didn't get enough funding, so now you're also behind technologically. Oh, you want to solve that by pillaging a neighbour? Well, your other neighbours noticed you're in deep shit and at war, and decided to take back all that land you took in the past, so now you're in five wars, are technologically inferior, your economy is in the deepest shit, your population revolts due to foreign armies running wild through your lands, and the many battles took such a heavy toll that you ran out of manpower. Better luck next time, and don't forget about the economy again, dipshit)

I know it looks really overwhelming when you start it up, user. I've been there. I pirated it a while back, started it up, looked at the UI and pussied out.
What you need to do is just pick a country, unpause, and let it run. Just press buttons when you notice them or you think they might make sense. You'll pick it up much more quickly than you're thinking. Then you can restart while knowing what the fuck is going on.

If we're talking about single player then you're right. If we're talking about multiplayer and playing against human opponents, mostly just V2 and HOI3, then you're wrong.

I could try but I have a feeling they are extremely unfun.

Paradox GSGs are just a bundle of vaguely connected mechanics, each of which is really simple. It's just the sheer amount of shit you gotta keep track of that's hard.

You might want to check for ADHD if you can't even play that game

Start on Ireland aka noob island and have some fun fucking about. Pick up Seduction and target some strong/quick/genius bitches and get that family going you dirty little spud.

Post borders

Christ, what happened to DNALOP there.