HEY!

HEY!
You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?

Look, he's a nigger…

Speaking of Nintendo CD, why did it take Nintendo so long to adopt the CD format? From what I remember cartridges were really expensive to make at the time and barely held any data.

You have seen the games, right?

NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER

Hey, you're right.

By having the games on cartridges, Nintendo was able to earn money on every copy of a game produced. They could control what games were produced and in which quantities.
You want your game to be published on a Nintendo system? Pay Nintendo loads of money so they will produce cartridges for you. They will decide how many will be produced. They will decide when they will be produced. They might decide not to produce them at all.

Nintendo's business practices back in the day were somewhere between questionable and borderline illegal.

The AVGN really knew how to homage Sega's good old advertising style

did anyone here ever play Ultraverse Prime?

WRONG ANSWER MAN. SHOW HIM!

wew

GENESIS DOES WHAT CUCKTENDON'T

Has there ever been a shittier marketing team than Sony's?

They're called virtual interactive cinematic experiences, cis scum of color!

Best Sega CD game coming through.

The one Nintendo had throughout gen 8.
I don't know where that knockout Splatoon ad came from, but it wasn't them. Because when it came time for the Splatoon relaunch campaign, they dropped the super successful brainglue "squid kid" commercial and made a new bland and generic one that failed like everything else they do.
They must have been SO embarassed by that squid kid stuff that they changed it for the relaunch, too bad they're not embarassed by shit earnings, because that squid kid commercial was the only good marketing they did in all of gen8.

Reggie is steadily becoming the Bernie Stolar of Nintendo.

Why would Nintendo make a console called the Sega CD? That makes no sense.

I can't wait to play these new interactive masterpieces like Make My Video: Marky Mark and Make My Video: C&C Music Factory!

I love that they greenlighted a series of products based on the assumption that music video directors shot a bunch of extra footage they could use when in fact they always made sure they kept costs as low as possible so they had almost no extra footage

There's literally nothing wrong with Marky Mark.

Not true at all. If you have a decent budget you shoot AS MUCH as you possibly can so to have options to pick from when editing. That's basic film making. Make My Videos problem was that the footage they gave you to work with was shit, mostly it was band footage that was already edited and stock footage of Steamboat Willy cartoons.

There's literally nothing right with him, either.

Oh boy, I can push a button to make a different video clip play. Truly groundbreaking.

This nigger right here, he has a refined taste. For a nigger, I mean.

10/10 cuckvidya, would play with my wife's boyfriend.

:^)

No, I'm waiting for Nintendo to make a piece of crap console that can be taken apart like Legos and will probably have a bunch of disappointing entries on tired franchises. Oh, and for them to make another Fire Emblem, split into 4 different games, charge full price for each, slap DLC on top of it, and give the localization to Treehouse once again.

who is this Marky Mark?

< and ^ are the reasons to get a SegaCD / MegaCD

(checked)
interesting, thanks. I always wondered why they failed to provide alternate camera angles, Make My Video was always going to be shit but it even failed to do what it set out to do. Still better than that FMV basketball game, though.
Embed is AVGN's Sega CD video because why not.

other than Sonic CD the only game I really enjoyed on my college buddy's Sega CD was Sol-Feace, and that was a fucking pack-in game.

That is actually one of the few games that CGR shits on.

Those two made the whole Sega CD worth it. Most everything else had the problem of being a gimmick FMV game or just plain having problems thanks to the young CD format. I have Samurai Showdown on the Sega CD and it loads forever between every match, between every win quote, between EVERYTHING.

Afterall these years, that Lunar opening is still hype as fuck.

Did you guys know you could create your own soundtrack with cue file for emulation? I could only do that with a Sonic CD rom, and it had edited music anyways which made it easier to edit the music. Does anyone know how to do this with other roms?

The quote on the Japanese cover of CD was one of my favorite.

The Mega CD was not worth the cost. A few great games don't make up for a library full of shitty interactive movies and unimpressive cartridge ports. That said, those few great ones are definitely worth emulating.

BY THE FUCKING GODS

Try Soul Force if you want a good space shmup on the Sega CD. Give Robo Alseste a go as well, it's the spiritual successor to MUSHA.