/d2g/ - Diablo 2 General

I'm tired so there's no Edition today Edition

pastebin of pasta found here: pastebin.com/bZKXGwaa

F.A.Q.

Right here: thepiratebay.se/torrent/6098061

We're running a slightly different version than the default 1.13c vanilla patch called Konkey Dong
It does very slight changes that increase the difficulty of nightmare and hell, adds the ability to get back into the cow portal if you fuck up and kill the king, and SLIGHTLY increases drop rates. Otherwise everything else
is still very much vanilla. (you'll still want a party to get the good shit)
Go here to download the patch mediafire.com/?nyc122n77lok2cl and drop it in your d2 folder

No, BUT
You should scan it for yourself like every piece of software you download from the internet.

Turned off the warden so feel free to do it if you can get your shit to work. Just keep in mind that you will be mocked if you use anything other than map hacks.

See below for a possible solution.

To install and play the game:
1.Extract it and run d2vidtst.exe to eliminate most graphical glitches. (I recommend you use 7-Zip to do this.)
2.Run Diablo 2.exe.

If problems persist do the following

1. Go here svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html
2. Download the newest version. this is an emulator tool that tricks diablo into thinking your new fancy graphics card is an old voodoo2 compatible card.
3. Run the program
4a. PANIC SHITS IN GERMAN
4b. Dont be retarded and click the second from the bottom option to turn it into english.
5. Run the identificaiton option.
6. Close the program.
7. Drop the .dll or everything into your Diablo 2 folder
8. Repeat the d2vidtst.exe step and select the gfix slide third option this time

To connect to the server:
1a. go here and download the editor icyhell.net/2008/05/06/blizzard-battlenet-gateway-editor-v3010702
1b. Run BNGatewayEditor.exe.
2. Switch to the SECOND TAB. (IE the Diablo 2/ LOD Tab)
3. Click Add Gateway and fill out the following information:
Name = SRoVQ
Zone = 6
IP = 74.91.121.114
4. Set to Chosen Gateway.
5. Hit the detect gateway button to see if you can connect.
6. Run Diablo 2.exe.
7. Click Battle.net and create your account. (EMAIL REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.)
8. Have fun reaching the top of the short ladder!

———changelog———-

Major Changes:
-You can teleport and use barbarian shouts in town
-Increased stash space
-Monsters in Nightmare have +3 to All Skills, monsters in Hell have +6 to All Skills.
-Cow levels have an increased ammount of cows and those cows are higher in level. Expect a much harder challenge.
-Cow level has a Waypoint (replace Inner Cloyster). You can kill the CowKing and rejoin through the Waypoint. No more worrying about the Cow getting killed
-Typing "/ann message" in chat sends a message to all the server
-Uber Cows (New dungeon with Uber cows that now drop great loot but prove a challenge)

See the links below for the rest of the changelogs:
pastebin.com/QTizfccw - v1.3.4? (current)
pastebin.com/4Gn3H0r4 - v1.3.3
pastebin.com/ZCbEJzAu - v1.3.2
pastebin.com/2VUTRtMU - v1.3.1
pastebin.com/bqeR0CfR - v1.2
pastebin.com/XwLfnSs6 - v1.1
web.archive.org/web/20130910004032/http://pastebin.com/beiQC5AQ - v1.0

NEW Cube Recipes (All original recipes are working):
- Create rare item: item + Um + Pul
- Respec token (1 use): Um + TP Scroll
- Lower quality of runes: 1 rune (example, put Um in cube, transmute, receive pul)
- Horadric staff (A2 shortcut): Amulet of the Viper + TP Scroll
- Khalim's Will (A3 shortcut): Khalim's Flail + TP Scroll
- New rare ring: 3 rare rings
- New rare amulet: 3 rare amulets
- Upgrade item: Item + 3 io runes

List of useful commands - These can be used while in chat lobby or ingame:
/ann *message* - Sends a message to the whole server. Everyone will read it, unless they muted you.
/f add *accountname* - Adds that account to your friends list
/f list - Displays your friends list, who's online and where they are right now (game name or lobby)
/con - Lists all the players online, their account names and where they are
/games - Lists all existing active games

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/njkX22gb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

8/v/ slackware linux server installation instructions:
pastebin.com/njkX22gb

Any lads still play?

Is the rune drop rate increased? I wouldn't mind joining and making a rift kicker.

Really want to run through hardcore again, but I just can't risk the heartbreak of entering another empty realm.

Yeah it's a bit higher with the mod, maybe double of what it used to be.

That's why I was asking if anyone still played, I'm thinking of starting again with a sin.

the server is deader than elvis

People not tired from this after years?

I read through the mod pastebins and found this.

I probably won't be finding all the runes needed any time soon, so I may as well just post it.

However some locally stored sorceress I just started like a week ago just finished Hell difficulty.

I think that big parts of the server being dead are people that use cheats to get ahead such as duping and those that provide rushes. If I can dupe runes and gems it will guarantee that I will always have gear that will be effective even against monsters that I'm at a level disadvantage or have resistances that would otherwise counter my build.this means that I don't have to trade for gear and neither do I need help from other players. Rushes don't help players get through the game faster unless you go straight to the endgame because you are still going to have to grind up to the level of content that you were left off at and as an added bonus you are useless to anyone that does not need you to pad their drop rate while you leech exp. The base game already had features that lessened the need for player interaction such as free skill reset. I can zeal my way to throwing bless hammer instead of playing a more supportive role so that I can have decent synergies.
TlDr
Dupe bad rush bad depending on game bad depending on other player good

I didn't play on the server much since I was playing vanilla over TCP/IP.

I think a lot of a hardcore dream team, or just a plain dream team of a summonmancer (with defiance merc), druid (for either heart of wolverine or oak sage), and barbarian or paladin. However that requires 3 people and I just have my sorceress and Conviction buddy. Of course most of this may be completely unnecessary with top tier equipment and shit, but we're playing untwinked with the stuff found on the ground.

MAKING THIS THREAD GREAT AGAIN

Also I got a Gul Rune from River of Flame. Combined with the Gul Rune I got from Hellforge, I can make a Vex Rune.

I've played vanilla, and some mod for years. Vanilla has some features and aspects that IMO does not age well. That said vanilla still managed to keep me playing the longest, and the type of mods that kept my attention the longest wound up being ones that ironed out some of the wrinkles from the bog standard vanilla game.

Well this was a major hyperbole.

Why can't I see the list of servers on the join game tab?

I know about /con but I can't whisper to or even join the game this person is in.

What am I doing wrong?

anyone wanna play on Slash realm?
it has actual people playing

I'd rather play alone with my bots

There are potentially a lot of reasons for this. The game could be passworded, in a different difficulty, game name might be too long to fully display with /con, the player you are trying to reach could also have a different username and /con might only display charnames, or maybe even have you squelched.

Since when did bots do anything other than rush the next level and kill whatever targets of interest. Also playing ladder against botters is kind of pointless.

Maphack users are at least playing the game, but they're being fags about the former point.

This.
Why even play on this server? Everyone is hacking, might as well just play locally.
When will you shut this piece of shit down OP?

I started playing diablo 2 again after seeing this thread about a week ago.
I now have a level 50 bonemancer who just started act 3 on nightmare.
I completely forgot how addicting this game is. I've been an unproductive sack of lard ever since I reinstalled it.
Send help.

No.

Haven't had one of these before

holy shit the luck we're having

Vanilla player here who never managed to play/finish the game in my childhood, should I keep playing vanilla or hop over to Konkey Dong?

I'm playing vanilla with my buddy over tcp/ip. No idea what the donkey kong realm is like.

It's really similar to vanilla with minor changes for convenience and a couple balance tweaks.

wew lads, I'm in

And another Gul strangely.

Any way to fix the resolution? IM stuck at the base.

gotta run VidTest.exe first