Can anyone tell me what are the differences between "Dead Rising 2" and "Dead Rising 2: Off the Record?"

can anyone tell me what are the differences between "Dead Rising 2" and "Dead Rising 2: Off the Record?"

from what little info i gather, the protagonist of 1 is the main character of the latter, but the game is exactly the same?

In one you care about little girl, in other you take photos, that's as i remember.

Also DR2 has timer, Off the Record doesn't.

are the maps and bosses different at least?

A couple of the bosses are swapped in off the record. On top of that it has a new area, a few new weapon combos I think, you can take pictures and you don't have to trek back to the safe house with zombrex every now and again. Off the record has a few extras to make the sandbox nature more free but I didn't like the last boss compared to 2

OtR also plays a bit differently since you raise your points by taking quality photos. Generally more interesting and less of a grind and more like DR1.

OtR has more stuff from missions to weapons and a new theme park area. Only problem for me is OtR runs a bit worse.

There's also a bit a difficulty tweak in between both games, some bosses have been made easier in OTR but the zombies tend to grab you more often.

should i bother playing both?

OTR is worth playing if you A) like Dead Rising 2's gameplay and map, and B) like Frank West.

If you don't like either of those things, then it wouldn't be worth playing.

No harm in doing so just depends if you can play through the same game again with few changes. If you're worried about lore, play 2. If not get off the record as it's a what if universe

i guess i'll play the original and skip OTR, just because the story probably wouldn't make sense otherwise.

now GET OUT OF MY STORE

story wise it would still make sense as there's no link besides the universe it's set in, it just depends whether you want the real story of 2 or the what if

OTR is better.

1-Frank is the protagonist once again
2-It does one of my favorite things in video game ever, where the previous protagonist fucked up and you now live in an alternate reality where he failed in his main purpose, resulting in a MUCH more interesting antagonist compared to how bland he was as the protagonist

im trying to install the first game but it keeps giving me the fucking 0xc00007b error. this thing gives me fucking PTSD already, everytime i google a solution all i find is a bunch of videos made by latinos who tell you to copy 1000 viruses into your system32 folder.

OTR: Playboy advertising replaced, new amusement park area, Brandon's location has changed and it turns out he has a bigger role in the story, no daughter to give zombrex to.

OTR is better because Frank is better. There's also slightly more content.

Play OTR.

i kinda want to know the real story behind 2 though.

gotta be honest, the "no timer" is tempting.

No timer is only in the sandbox mode, which from what I've played doesnt have a story but just has you dicking around the map for as long as you'd like.

i see.

after a couple hours of fighting against meme errors i managed to install the first game, im probably gonna rush through the series sometime soon.

Just be aware though, with the first two games its very difficult to get the "true" endings on your first playthrough. They're meant to be replayed multiple times, generally your first playthrough is spent on leveling your character up and memorizing item spawns, short cuts and the like. Though thankfully your progress carries from one to the next, so it makes things a lot easier.

If you hate timers 3 is a lot more lenient with them, personally a bit too lenient, and 4 basically scrapped that.

there's a 4th?

boy i have a lot to play through now

It's not out yet, and it'll be a timed Win10/Xbone exclusive, so you'll be able to play them in time.

Also the third game is pretty poorly optimized on PC

we are getting to that point aren't we?

We basically are, like with Halo 2 still being Vista exclusive. But remember, this is Capcom after all, they jump ship like a motherfucker.

Timed Win10/Xbone exclusive like Rise of the Tomb Raider & Quantum Break. I think it's something like 3-6 months after the original launch until it gets a wider PC release, & PS4 gets it a year after.

Sure thing

do they really count win 7 and win 10 as two separate platforms?

It's mainly because they sell games on the Windows 10 store first, and then release them on Steam for Windows 7 users as well.