What's worse?

What's worse?
An underwater level or a sewer level?

this thread tbh fam

A template thread level.

What is worse?
A OP level or a faggot level?

They are the same.

Both are great, TMNT (NES) had an awesome sewer stage.

Why not both?

An underwater sewer level, obviously.

where do old people go to the bathroom?

What's worse, accepting a man in your ass to win or just because you're weak?

DKC3 had a water sewer level and it was pretty alright

Sewer is fucking trash everytime if its not horror.

Water because the sewer is full of shit

In a sewer level you at the very least don't have to expect a breath gauge to manage.

user, spoiler that PTSD for me plz.

Underwater level.
Sewers are pretty cool.

Hell, the game had two of them. Rusty Bucket Bay wasn't a sewer, but compared to Clanker's the water quality was so bad that you'd die twice as fast, and any fuckups you made were punished way harder. Especially that fucking engine room jesus christ there's nothing more soul-crushing than dying in some stupid way after getting 90+ notes and all the Jinjos or some shit.

I like sewer levels.

It's down to whether you prefer standard levels which are ugly, boring, and overly mazelike, or nonstandard levels with absolutely busted controls.

in the water there might be mermaids to fug. in the sewer theres only sewage and alligators

Sewer levels are inherently bad.
Underwater levels can be good if moving underwater feels satisfying and not sloggish i.e. frog suit from mario 3

What if I want to fug the alligator though?

I always liked sewer levels, to be honest. Not really sure why but the sewer levels in Strife, Dark Souls, and Half Life were always the most atmospheric to me. Underwater levels can be really good and atmospheric too, especially if you're in an underwater structure with windows to the ocean. See: Deus Ex MJ12 ocean lab

Sewer levels are usually garbage but the gameplay tends to remain the same. Meanwhile underwater levels just tend to be garbage and introduce some gimmick or the underwater controls are garbage. Not saying they are all bad, just the ones where they change the gameplay for the underwater parts.

Sewer and Underwater levels can be done well if the gimmick that is introduced is easy to grasp quickly and mostly adds to the gameplay rather than shifting it around all over. An example of this: