Why do people hate X-2 when it is a much better game than X?

Why do people hate X-2 when it is a much better game than X?

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Neither are in the top 5 FF games but X-2 is the better game yet always gets shit on while people adore "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" instead.

I just do not understand it at all.

The same reason I hate your post. It goes on for too long.

TL:DR lmao

Although X was shit so its not a huge accomplishment to be better than that.

Too many faggots fell for the meme that ffX-2 is bad because reasons. Sure, the story isn't too cause most vidya stories are generic. But X-2 easily had the best 3D world of all current final fantasy games that are not MMOs.

X3 was a better game, OP

Now Lulu not being a romance option -and having a dialogue choice just to shoot you down- was HERESY.

The best thing to come out of Final Fantasy, holy shit.

I was never able to get into X-2 I've always felt that X was the superior game.

I think we can all agree that X4 took a nosedive in voice over quality though.

You don't like powerful independent women party?

i was under the impression that everyone had good taste and loved x2

I fucking loathed this game when I first played it like a decade ago. I hated the J-pop shit, way too effeminate and childish characters and dialogue (yes, even more so than usual) with the same personality, the limited party size, the stupid costumes, the leveling system was much less interesting than X, and I remember feeling particularly frustrated when trying to get all dresspheres, probably due to some contrived and tedious bullshit I had to do.

Other than the main theme song, I just don't remember anything I liked about this game. It was the first FF I truly despised and made me disgusted, and even then I'm mostly indifferent towards XIII, and thought XII was passable (they had a really solid and interesting idea for combat).

Anyway, this was probably a decade ago, maybe my opinion would change if I wasn't completed turned off by the JRPG genre these days, so fuck it, I'll probably never care either way.

Because X-2 was literally just Toriyama's fashionfaggot selfwank, to the degree that was on-par with Metzen levels of self-service garbage. It was derivative, tropey, and above all, just poorly written.

Probably the only game that I've been legitimately embarrassed to play, or be seen playing.

If you're going to play derivative spinoff garbage, might as well just play Mystic Quest.

It went full retard with the waifu idol dress up pop shit that plagues wide audience JRPGs nowadays. They should have actually more focus on the religious vacuum and divide between the two factions that popped up instead of adding in a massage mini game, idol concert to bring everyone together, and other stupid ,help a "villager with their mundane life" problem which every monotonous fetch quest reduces down to. Also with the bad guys device that can blow up all of spira and that wasn't even brought up before, like during FFX, feels like they just pulled it out of their ass and made up some shit just to throw out a game people could buy.

It felt like some parts tried with the cultural divide in the world and the battle system, but most of it was fan wank Idol shit.

why is being derivative and tropey a bad thing?

You are aware thats just the final fantasy job system with a different name right?

Go listen to your normalfag bullshit.

Because one is the sign of complete disrespect to the series, and the other is a sign of laziness, creative bankruptcy, and shameless crutching.

Final Fantasy should always be about characters, not caricatures.

X/X-2 are some of my favorite FF games, I'll love playing through X again NSG or solo when that cutscene skip mod is finished.

Do you remember the charlies angel intro?
Do you remember the whole entire plan to bring peace to two warring factions was to have a concert?
Do you remember the in game dressphere transisitions were basically sailor moon transformations?
This is much different then tactics or FFV

Tell us how mediocrity is a good thing in stories and games

Probably why I hated it so much. I've always been completely averse to this generic pop animu artstyle that almost seems to parody itself every time I look at it. And to think this is influencing Miura in any way sends shivers down my spine.

Who started the idol craze and why did it propagate so much to this point? It's cancerous to the point that even the west is accepting it.

Is that such a travesty in a series where people adore games like 7 where they removed classes and spells were just socket gems you had to independently level up and the game ends by everyone praying and the power of gaia just swats a meteor away?

Truly this was the one besmirchment of an infallible golden calf of high art.

disrespect? because you personally didnt like the direction it took. how is it lazy when it stood out more than anything else at the time in both gameplay and presentation? how is it not about characters?
how does any of what you are saying answer my question?

those things arent indicative of mediocrity dont twist things around.

If you're sincerely, genuinely asking these questions without a hint of irony, then I advise re-reading the answers that people gave your previous questions, and then your follow-up responses.

If you're still asking why, then there's no point in this thread going any further.

Finaly Fantasy derives off of myths and religions so using prayer and having the power of earth is more of a fit than Charlies angel sing along, transformation, idol bullshit.
Sure there were bards and dancers in past games but they didn't get modern japanese Idol outfits and get two pre-rendered cutscenes for a song they sung.

doing what other japanese buisness do and create a generic idol band is an easy way to get money from desperate lonely fucks. It's not a creative or original premise, it was copying another industry and the most generic, derivative part of that.

It was mediocre, It was a trope.

why is ject always considered a villain just because he was sin? he literally dindu nuffin

So "because i say so and it fits my headcanon" rules, okay gotcha.

What did I do that was head cannon? Final fantasy was inspired by Ultima and Wizardry

what is there to reread? you didnt actually 'say' anything.

you have a really selective memory if you dont remember all the sports celebrity stuff from the first game.

I thought 6 was the crowned jewel of the FF series, 7 was overhyped because 3D and "where the fuck did 4, 5, and 6 go" still a good game, but 6 had a better story, better villain, better characters…

I don't get why you would do this.

because they got taste

How can you get attached to a character that vanishes out of the story almost after you're out of Besaid?
I'm exagerrating a bit but fuck Lulu hardly had any screen time as far as I remember

Yea I always liked Riku better aswell

And notice how they didn't defeat sin by hosting a giant blitzball game to defeat sin.

Also blitzball was a made up sport which requires a shred of creativity and origionality, instead of literally slapping idolshit into a final fantasy universe.

You know how I know you're gay?

Seriously?

Fuck, forgot to sage.

Serioisly buddy?

Why the fuck are you so hung up on muh idols anyway?

I said it was more original than slapping idol shit in a final fantasy universe.

Idolshit just paves the way for low effort storytelling in JRPGs look at FFXIII and Persona

Why do you feel the need to defend Idolshit?

Both the idol stuff and the underwater soccer are just analogues to modern japan. Stop sperging out.

HELP

how is underwater soccer an analogy to modern japan

Precisely. In a series with 15 main entries and triple that in spinoffs and sub-series, no one cares about the mediocre or unimportant titles. But between X and X-2 only one is a mainline title, which garners much more marketing and attention. Sequelizing individual games was a mistake.

X-2 is my favourite FF but that's an unpopular opinion OP.
Not that I care, we live in a world were people play Overwatch after all, but that's just the way it is. You're not going to change people's minds.

Idol shit is fun.

Yes I play games for fun.

You should try X5

Literally the best in the whole series. Main character was kinda annoying though. I hear x6 well blow your fucking mind. It's currently slated to come out 2045 it'll be worth the wait

X-2 is a test:

If someone hates it COMPLETELY DISREGARD their opinion on Japanese videogames. They're the kind of people who watch dubbed anime.

well I don't hate it, but it's not really a GOOD game either. Kind of fun but also really retarded

Sorry but X is the better game

CTB>ATB

As you can see by the thread, the answer is "people are stupid and would rather eat shit than play good games".
I hope you're satisfied, op.

More people played X so it is remembered more fondly.
X-2 is objectively a better game.

X-2 shits on X by making the story a half assed gurl power shitfest with villains pulled right from someone's ass (this is not Tidus, this is Shamwow, he wants to kill everyone.)
X had a compelling story with a few twists, good character development, and easy gameplay. That's why so many people liked it.

I lost interest in Final Fantasy when they removed the overworld travel.

FFX-2 should have been about Braska's pilgrimage. Instead of young Auron we got his hitherto-fore unmentioned Hot Topic offspring.

Get a load of this faggot. X had one of the worst stories in the entire franchise.

Also a lot of people here seem to be muh story faggots but don't mention the gameplay at all which probably has the best turn based battle system of all time.

Ok, faggot, I'll bite.
Elaborate what your objective requirements are to make a story good and how FFX fails them.

so FFX is when square discovered the power of waifus?

I'm surprised they've not made a X-3 yet. It could be a prequel like said. It would easily make money for Square.
That said, they're making more than enough money off it by porting it to a bunch of consoles. Nice that the superior FFXII will also get this soon. Wish that was coming out on the vita. It'd be comfy as fuck

Square Enix shouldn't touch anything ever again.

this tbh

Perfect.

Tidus is an annoying fuckwad, enemy motivations are stupid, the story is generic, the plot collapses in on itself several times and so forth. Have you seen the spoony one review? He's pretty much the sole reason people woke up to how shitty the story is in ff x. If you think x is anything but poorly written, it shows you're a faggot with no taste.

X-2's pacing is all over the place from what I remember. Whereas X is overall a pretty good Heroes Journey piece.

I said objective.
Your opinion, not an argument. All I see is a spoiled young man with daddy issues used to being in the middle of attention who has to grow up and accept his demise. You not liking him doesn't make him any less of a well written character.
"it is stupid" is not an argument. Tell me what specific motivations hurt your feelings.
Hardly, unless everything remotely following the monomyth is generic to you .
When and how does it?
Why would I let someone else tell me how to think about something.

I was starting to agree with you, then I read this. FFX's plot may be as stupid as you wish, but it is fairly original. Kill yourself.

You're fucking with me right? Break it down to its most basic plot outline. Evil religion dominates the world and it's up to heroes to stop evil religion and save the world. Its as generic as it gets. You're probably confusing setting with plot.

wew lad

Yes. Seriously. There's three things I remember about Lulu
1) her being a bitch at the start of the game
2) her stupid outfit
3) her tits

hng muh dick!

You can break any plot down to it's most basic plot outline and it will seem generic.

Except you aren't beating up the religion, this breakdown is fundamentally flawed.

Spoony as he is now is a lolcow. No one is denying that, but I did, as did many others liked spooky in what? 2006 or 7? That was back when he didn't have an abusive hipster liberal girlfriend. Its sad what happened to spoony. Have you seen any of his moderns videos? I can't even stomach the garbage, he just bitches about trump or fat shaming. He is a fucking faggot now but I wish it weren't so.

That's the most basic plot outline you could throw in. The story is actually about Tidus' adventure, the game outright tells you so before the final boss, and Tidus is a fucking dream man who is being projected into reality from the collective dream of some thousand years old guys in a coma who are hidden deep inside temples and caves. There are many other small details that make the story more unique, and you are just being retarded if you think the game is just about fucking with some phony god *tips fedora to you good sir*

Like, all two of them? New Yevon and Not Al Bhed?
Nu Yevon being "we don't want too much change because old people will shit their pants" and Not Al Bhed being "muh robots"?

Except that is the plot, whether they choose to expose the dogma is irrelevant. The religion is the antagonist or rather a tool of the antagonist. Therefore they must go after the people who run the religion, mika, seymour, yu yevon, and with it bring it down in the process. At first it's about going after sin but then they later learn that uh oh, maybe yevon isn't good after all.

That Reddit tier thinking right there user. X fails on so many levels it's hilarious. I never though id see the day people on Holla Forums defend x's shitty story all while saying x2 is bad because muh story without addressing the phenomnal gameplay. You niggers need to go back to 4cuck or Reddit or where ever you came from.

Except you don't fight Yevon because it's evil, you fight it because it's in the fucking way. If anything the evil religion being stopped is a consequence of the world being saved.

But they do not.
They kill Seymour because Seymour is a) a threat to Yuna's pilgrimage and b) the murderer of his father.
They do not go after Mika, Mika goes after them after they crashed Seymour's wedding and, by the way, killed him.
Yu Yevon leads nothing, Yu Yevon is a shade driven mad in control of Sin. The actual man, Yu Yevon, who summoned dream Zanarkand isn't home anymore.

Top kek

Good job not rebating my points just to make it look like you won, eh? Not to mention I said X's story may not be good, but accusing it of being generic by drawing the most basic and inaccurate outline of its plot is retarded.

It was as shitty and unengaging as most FF's. At least FF X had the levelling system going on.

Lel you guys fell for it I was only PRETENDING to be retarded. X had one of the most well written, original, beautiful, and EPIC stories in all of videogames of not all fiction! You got me fellow channers.

user, I am concerned for your mental health.
You should seek help for your temper tantrums before you hurt yourself.

literally yakuza

I still dont get this argument. The plot revolves around walking a sacrifice around the world to get stronger, to be sacrificed to the equivalent of an old god, who is in fact just a slave to a greater evil. And said old god, a massive fucking whale, can destroy entire cities. I don't see how this is generic.

And granted, Titus was an annoying twat, but he was nowhere near as bad as pirate kid from the later FF.

At least it didn't feature Tidus though they did fuck it up by resurrecting him in the "true" ending.

I bet you're one of the people who like that yuna cucked titus arent you?

Who gives a shit about Yuna?

/thread

FF8 was the last FF I actually liked by the time 10 came out I had dropped the series.

ITT:

I never got around to playing X-2. X was alright, nothing special. It felt sort of "Disneyfied". These characters had no personality beyond their cutout archetypes, and their entire existence revolved around the forced romantic relationship between the two main characters. Fuck blitzball. Seymour was bad because?? Jehct was bad because?? Who even fucking knows.

I think Tidus, after a successful blitzball tournament, got wasted at the after party and he just hallucinated the entirety of FFX. That would make sense.

Same reason why video games have gone to shit. The retards would rather have a shiny package than actually give a shit about the gameplay.