Did you fall for the meme?

Did you fall for the meme?
I know I did
And I never will again

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
mega.nz/#F!u0ckXLoI!9FHoV0bIikOUgnnaHI3iEQ
github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases/tag/v0.3
gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/
mega.nz/#!z9tDBBib!n0J-N-GhpPlw9ZgBT8EeauQNfdLmxDZiq8Qm3wicS7w
mega.nz/#!H9kFnIrb!VlAisqavILz-J756CiMFViJutvY_aqO97ZkeuEIDTVo
support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209571689-Windows-Error-Message-Missing-MSVCP120-dll-File
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bought a japanese one used for 150 bucks, so it wasn't as bad

Yes.
I bought a PS4 instead of a wii-u.

I can't tell what's worse.

I have the rare retail copies of Fast Racing Neo, Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 1&2

i like my Wii U

BotW is a dick move to be sure, but it's still the best non-portable console this gen. Not a shred of regret here.

I bought the Black 32gb one with Smash Bros, Mario Maker, Super Mario 3D World and Art Academy for $200 even.

Great deal!!

No, 8th gen consoles are all shit, but i did buy every 7th gen one.

Is there an easy way to hack it yet? I haven't touched mine since December of last year

Loadiine and the BR huehuehue method

There's Loadiine, but I don't think you can play online with that.

You can freely play any Wii U game on your external hard drive or sd card, which both have different methods, but the hard drive method is the most superior one since you can play online with other people who legally own the game.

Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuhuehuehuehuehu

Trash it all you want. As much as the system is dead, it has more fun games worth buying the damn thing over than the PS4 and Xbone.

I'm a PC gamer and have yet found a reason to buy a "next gen" system.

I got a used one for about £150, and I've got about 10 good games for it. I have no regret, even though I concede it wasn't a good console.
Worth it for Bayo 1+2 and W101 if nothing else.

I might buy it when the price drops and use it to play Rareware VC games.

I haven't seen anything on this. You sure?

Even the PS3 is better than the PS4. What a fucking piece of trash.

No, being a NEET poorfag has its advantages.
Even though I bought a PS4 last year

I can count on one hand the Wii U games I returned to after the first playthrough. The sad part is, you're still right since the xbone and PS4 have maybe…. two each?

let me spoonfeed you on this:
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/

what are the chances of bricking?

if you're fucking retarded enough to install the wrong region of the game you want, 100%

Doesn't make shit region-free eh? Are they working on something like 3DS' CFW or emuNAND?

So no worries about firmware updates fucking everything up? just make sure NA console is playing NA titles?

yes the firmware doesn't change anything

rednand is available but it's still shit right now. You need a 64GB SD for 32GB nand dumps to run rednand, the brazil method is super fucking easy though a bit limited and doesn't rely on rednand. Another team is working on their own rednand and it'll have an actual title manager and nand shrinking so you don't need a fuckhuge sd.

The latest version is actually better than anything less at this point because it's what everything is getting made for.

It was still the best console of its gen, I had way more fun with shit like Tropical Freeze than I did with anything else in recent memory. Won't be paying for Zelda though, hopefully a good USB loader is out by then.

It doesn't have Bloodborne.

Hold up, I'm still a little confused, so do I have to install the Brazilian copy of the game or is it just called the Brazilian method cause it was Brazilians who figured it out. I'm stupid.

it's called brazillian because brazillians figured it out.

So?

He didn't say it had the best game or all the good games so I don't see how Bloodborne contradicts his statement.

started out promising, then got trashed on by third parties, then got trashed on by shareholders.

should be good to buy used, since it's less restrictive of a console.

It's a real fucking shame to admit it but I think the complete lack of any sports games is what killed the Wii U so absolutely. I got my cousin a Wii U for x-mas one year and every year after he would always ask for like hockey game or a WWE game for it and there was nothing for it. Even his PS3 which was old for years at that point would still be getting the new NHL and WWE games every year.

I don't think Nintendo of America really put much effort in marketing the thing either. I mean, all things considered, it was a relative success in the Japanese market at a time when all home consoles were taking a nose dive and is perhaps responsible for helping keep home consoles still relevant there this gen. So, obviously Nintendo did something right.

But in the NoA, it was a total failure and I can't help but feel like bad marketing had some role in that.

Now that I think about it, the Wii U really didn't have a lot of shovelware, did it?

I won't buy a Nintendo console without Metroid.
And there won't be one for a looooong time.
and even then, it's gonna be shit. so i'm going back.
Back to 2002, where the future was.

The Wii U had tons of shovelware it was all just shitty mobile ports that were eshop only. The Wii U's eshop is nearing steam levels.

I got one, and I don't regret it. Sure it had problems, like the massive drought between each good game, but It's amazing for couch coop.
Best thing about it is that you can play Wii and Gamecube games on it as well, so you get a decade of gaming on one device without having to deal with coaxial and composite cables.
I just wish Splatoon wouldn't match my level 4 ass with level 50 tryhards using perfect gear.

Reminder

Ws gear solved in that game because I stopped when 20 was the cap and it seemed kind of whatever you liked best.

FUCKING EXACTLY

You may laugh, but I do not regret the purchase even a little bit.

That being said, I really hope no one buys one from this point on.

I haven't bought any consoles this gen and feel like I've missed nothing.

I did, but it was worth it imo.

Squidgirl spats have given me many a boner

I would feel absolutely Zero remorse about the Wii U if NOA wasn't such a pile of shit.

I'm happy as hell, amte

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THESE ALL COMING FROM

Bought the Splatoon LE, fucking thing doesn't even come with a physical pack in anymore, it's just some paper slip with a code, absolutely disgusting. Game wasn't really anything to write home about either. Most fun i probably had on that thing was playing shit like Freedom planet or the Giana sisters

Wii U's VC emulation though is complete trash.

Splatoon and Wonderful 101 were fun as hell though. Certainly a weak line up, but it has some really good games.

Wii U VC emulation has interesting stuff going on though, they keep patching up old games with changes. Anyone who owns VC, especially GBA, dump it with ddd at the very least. you can dump the titlekey too with rednand but that's a pain in the ass I think. I can pull roms out of the contents of the VC dumps and see if there's any changes, so far 41 of 48 dumps I've made have differences in the roms.

Mine are available here: mega.nz/#F!u0ckXLoI!9FHoV0bIikOUgnnaHI3iEQ
and you can get DDD here: github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases/tag/v0.3
Dumping with DDD is super fucking easy too: gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/

Nah been around long enough. After the N64, GameCube and the Wii this was all foreseeable, there's no way this was ever going to end well.

the issue i have with nintendo games is their overprice crap that stays high price for generations and they don't fucking restock. same with their dlc amiibos can't buy certain ones anymore cause they don't restock and i don't buy scalper prices.
was actually somewhat tempted to get a wii u a year back only to think it over and wait it out glad i did cause now i see a wii u is dead system and the switch is gonna follow the wii u into the grave soon after.
the other issue is the ps4 pro is gonna be released at the end of this week and that shit is gonna be sold out for the holidays and near future pretty much, because there is nothing challenging it.
switch and new xbone does not come out for another 5-6 months.
its gonna be another 2-3 years of sony basically at this point cause MS doesn't know what the fuck to do, and nintendo doesn't do shit.

Are Sonyponies that fucking stupid they would buy a system that has no games and then buy the same but more powerful system that still has no games?

Considering The Order and Beyond two souls surpassed 1 million each, it's not that they are dumb enough it's that they are devout enough.

disgaea 5, bloodborne, FFXV, grand kingdom, persona 5 is few I can think of off the top my head i already habe disgaea 5 and bloodbrone but no ps4 currently since I only was lent one for half a year.

you also got to remember that consoles are still cod machines and ps4 is now the main system to play cod on now since activision swapped from MS to sony for the first month ahead shit.

That user was joking.I hope.

The PS3 is good for weeb shit, which is the only reason I still have mine. Every weeb game worth getting on PS4 is on PS3, which makes getting a PS4 doubly pointless in my book.

My PS3: weebPG's
My Wii U: Nintendo IP's and the occasional multiplat
My PC: visual novels

What multiplats did the wii u have?

Indie games and Minecraft. I think there was also mass effect 3 and rayman, but i don't know.

I'd rather play Odinsphere or Disgaya than fucking more Call of Duty trash or Battlecuck 1.

Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden, & Deus Ex come first to mind. Deus Ex Wii U is actually pretty good and does some fun stuff with the gamepad. Plus, you can switch the whole game to the gamepad itself which is also kinda neat. Graphically, you can notice some difference in the textures, but Human Revolution was never really that graphically impressive of a game in my honest opinion

Yeah but the guy said he has a PC so indie games as multi-plats really doesn't work. I forgot it had some multi-plats at the start lol.

DXHR also runs at 30 FPS on wii u, though. It might not have the retarded bug it has on PC where the audio of the guns firing is a half second slow though.

Overall, I'm not sure if I regret buying a Wii U.

The Wonderful 101 is the best game of this gen and it alone allows me to get quite a bit of mileage out of my Wii U. Aside from it, Tropical Dong, MK8 and Bayonetta 2 are also very good games that I've invested quite a few hours into. Mario 3D World is a bit more of a mixed bag; I would by no means call it bad, but the movement is crippingly limiting, especially compared to Sunshine, and everything is so fine-tuned and linear to the point where I would sooner describe the game as 'too safe' than anything else. On the flip side of things, I hate Smash 4 and everything about it. It went from being my second favourite in the series after Melee to what I think is the worst by a very large margin as I played it more and more. As well as that, I'm sure there's a reason for it, but not having any Gamecube games on the eshop also hurts the system quite a bit, I think.

So on the whole, I don't own many games for it, but I'm very happy with most of them, feel alright about one of them and have no intention of playing the other one ever again. I don't know what to make of the Wii U itself; I may be being a bit generous to it because I love TW101 and it may honestly be my favourite game of all time, but I have no intention of buying a Nintendo system ever again and may end up selling it at some point.

kek

So really ALL multiplats are out.

Naw there are unfortunately some multi-plats that only stick to the consoles I just don't know of any of them that are on Wii U.

Yes, I have no regrets and I don't get why Holla Forums acts like it's a bad console

It has a good library, which is all that matters.

Holla Forums is always the first one to (correctly) go sales don't matter and aren't an indication of quality. See: the Wii and CoD being shit despite selling a fuck ton.

yet somehow because the WiiU is selling poorly Holla Forums hates it?

I still think the Wii U is pretty solid in terms of first-party. 3D World was playing it very safe but it also has the largest amount of content and keeps up the level of quality. NSMBU couldn't really hold me though, I hope they finally move away from using the same engine they've been using since NSMB on DS already because that's fucking stupid. The game that really sold me on the Wii U was splatoon though, and I think that's one of the biggest points in the U's favor because it is just a lot of fun and it's got a lot of character and polish going for it. The people who bitched about there not being enough maps didn't have anything to argue about over the updates. It's stupid to have a mainline zelda game at the very end of the lifespan but overall I think it's a pretty good machine, besides some of the execution like the USB support being so fucking stupid. On the upside, it does basically have a wii built in so you can hack the vwii and run wii games with usbloader or gamecube games with nintendont, I just wish it had a way to upscale those.

Just fuck off and go back to playing Memeborn you shitter

Well I have the PS3 version as well and haven't really noticed too much of a difference between the two. Of course I never tried the PC version so maybe I'm just used to the framerate of the console versions.

I think I prefer the Wii U version just a little bit more because of all the tiny things it does with the gamepad. While most of the stuff isn't that necessary, I think the little tricks they did with the gamepad just complimented the cyberpunk world of Deus Ex well, adding a slight deeper sense of immersion I didn't get from the PS3 version.

8/v/ hates the Wii U because of what NOA/Treehouse has been doing for the last year and a half that is the only reason. I think they're kind of right to do so too. Because prior to all that bullshit this place loved the WiiU and would always say how it's the only next gen console that was even remotely worth owning.

Aside from the wii u i haven't bought a console in over a decade fam.

Yeah they should be put on everything let everyone who wants to buy them buy them. Also you can buy DRM free shit on PC. Even physical media if the publisher wants to. I don't know why you're opposed to something being on a platform you don't like you sound like a child.

The Wii U version probably runs better overall. The PC version at least was based on an old build of Human Revolution for some unknown fucking reason and so it actually had more bugs than the original version, including the sound bug which is present in both of them. All of the versions of Director's Cut were supposed to do the multiple screen stuff, but they just never did it on PC because they were moving on to mankind divided. I might take a look at HR on Wii U sometime now that the brazil method is out.

Because the platform is cancer, at least with shit like Wii U, emulators are progressing enough to where you'll be able to play it soon without the need to Steam.

Oh so you're only pretending? okay buddy I gotcha

Yeah, I agree on 3D World. The level design clearly has a great deal of thought put into it and there's an absolute ton of content, the post-"ending" zone and the post-post-"ending" zone both being very nice surprises in particular. I just miss the more open-ended levels and bigger amount of movement options in 64 and Sunshine, though that may be because I played them both for ages when I was younger.

NSMB I gave a miss since I was never really interested in that series, though I did hear that Splatoon was very good, just never got round to trying it myself. I was never much of a Zelda fan despite owning at least 5 of them, but BOTW does look to be substantially different from the rest of the series, so I'll hold out and see what it's like.

I'd agree that the Wii U is good in regards to first party support now that I think about it. Though I'd probably say it's a decent system, I just question whether or not I'll continue to go back to it every so often in a couple of years like I still do with my PS2, PS3 and Gamecube.

You should give splatoon a try now that it's super fucking easy to get now, I'll upload a pack to mega with all the stuff needed to copy on an SD and run so you can try it out, it's a pretty solid game.

NES Remix was pretty cool for something small, mario maker was an okay concept but I wish that they had put in some features earlier. Shovel Knight's Wii U is arguably the best because it has co-op, Pokken I've been having assloads of fun with, it has the best port of Bayo 1 and Bayo 2, Mario Kart 8 was pretty good, Wonderful 101 was solid, and Rayman Legends is pretty good too.

That's cool user, I appreciate it.
Shit, I forgot that existed. I love Rayman, how was Legends compared to Origins?

Really, no console needs a massive library to be a relative success. Of course a massive library does help, but people always remember a console more for its best games, not for the shovelware it happens to get.

The average life of a console is about 5 years or less and even in the days of SNES, the average game could cost you up to 60 bucks retail price, roughly the same as it is today, in some cases even more expensive than that. Most people could probably only be expected to be able to buy a handful of games a year and actually play them. A larger number of games is not really intended so that console buyers can amass a huge collection of 60 or so games for one console. Rather a large library is intended to appeal to a variety of different markets at one time, but the average video game consumer of any particular market games are being made for will only be able or willing to buy a limited number of titles brand new. A game console's massive library sometimes only goes appreciated after the console has gone obsolete and game prices drop, allowing people to pick up all the games they missed, especially if that massive library included many more good games. But even then, a small number of really good titles sometimes is all a console needs

The dreamcast really didn't have that many games for it, at least not many that were easily available through any normal retailer, but the few really good titles that showed just what the console could do when it brought its A game caused the console to remain fondly remembered and generated a large homebrew community.

The SNES also had a massive library of games, but most people only remember it for maybe 25 titles they actually played.

I'm not quite sure why you waited until the wii u was hacked to play this, it's not a particularly expensive game at all, most of the wii u multiplats aren't in fact, but it's not a particularly stable game either, seems to be less stable than the original console versions, from what i can tell(3:46 in vid related shows the game slow down to a crawl just from firing a gun).

Oh the guys who employed Matt Lees like the Deus Ex Version the best that must mean it's the best.

Legends was pretty okay, at least as much as I played of it. It didn't hold me as much as origins did when I played that on the vita, but it seemed pretty solid. It was supposed to be a wii u exclusive for a while but they fell off of that (wonder why).

I'm cheap and I already own it on Steam twice over (Director's Cut plus original), and on PS3 so I didn't want to buy it again. Plus, I heard there were performance issues and I'm not particularly interested if it can't hold 60 like my PC but the gamepad stuff is mildly interesting and if it is less buggy than the pc version I can stomach a pirate.

Yeah but I discovered piracy. still had fun with the games bought or pirates

lol

going up, it's going to be a while though.

That's alright, don't worry about it. I'm a bong and it's currently 3AM, so I'll check back on this thread when I wake up.

In that case I need to start over entirely because I downloaded the wrong region.

What are you, a faggot?

I was waiting years to play Bayo 2 when it came out. One of the first times since 10 years I was hyped for a game and it lived up to my expectations. Damn near flawless game.

yes

but if I can play the next zelda on it I'll wait to off myself.

also skyward sword HD

really? I bought it on ebay a year ago for $45 brand new.

Right now the Bayonetta 1/2 disc is being memed into this ultra rare wii u game, though bayonetta 2 by itself just got a reprint, and it's like 20 bucks.

Oh, so it's a Wonderful 101 physical edition meme. That's pretty fucking stupid.

I think you're the one who doesnt understand what the fuck hes talking about.

Get >>>/out/

ok

Its behaviour id expect from an underage redditor.

No, it's clearly you.

try harder

I was referring to the fact that people considered the wonderful 101 physical copy "rare" for a while and now they're doing the same for bayo 1/2, not calling a copy of a game a meme.

I did.
Considered getting a Vita for handheld but decided against it. Don't feel like importing shit nor giving Sony cash

Oh my god, just fuck already.

depends how hot user is.

Sure
Stay delusional

Bu you were doing precisely that

You're not less of a faggot, especially now that you replied to the posts.

explain in detail how I did that.

here's the set: mega.nz/#!z9tDBBib!n0J-N-GhpPlw9ZgBT8EeauQNfdLmxDZiq8Qm3wicS7w

copy the install and wiiu folder to the root of your SD, open the browser in the home menu. go to loadiine.ovh and hit go on the homebrew launcher. tap wupinstaller and then tap load and when it loads up hit the + button and then hit X to install to USB or A to install to System memory. You'll see a progress percent count and when it's done you can just hit home to go back to the home menu and it should run fine.

The NUSgrabber keeps crashing on me everytime I try to download a ticket

Yes, selling it this week and going to CEMU

You just know we'll have tons of Nintendo apologists when the Switch hits and turns out to be just as stupid as everyone said beforehand.

It doesn't matter if it's a success or not or if it's a good console, Holla Forums will shit on it regardless.

Neo-Holla Forums has a very disturbing tendency to praise shit these days. See Overwatch, Undertale, WoW Classic Servers and so forth.

Still don't get why there's an overwatch general tbh

No, I learned my lesson after the Wii.

the wii was a good system

i have a small amount of hope in the switch for one very simple reason: i thought the 3DS would be fucking retarded stupid gimmick garbage shit and it turned out to actually be a pretty solid handheld that i absolutely took everywhere with me until PSP hacking was perfected

the switch looks like the most retarded thing nintendo has ever done, and maybe i'm wrong again

That's the ones I have and its not bad.
Honestly, the only reason why I had more games on the previous gen of consoles is because it lasted so long, and even then I ended up buying more PS2 games than Gen7 in that time.

Cancer needed a landing thread.

you need to get your tickets beforehand, NUSGrabber only grabs games from the NUS Server. still, if it's crashing, I don't know what to say, I've not had any issue.

Nintendo only cared about DS line. They gave shit for Wii U. They could have had a proper Monster Hunter on it, a proper Animal Crossing on it, but they saved them for the DS.

To add to this, Nintendo sees this next console as linking the gap between mobile and console play so it follows in with this strategy. They used Wii U as a stopgap for this simple as that.

How do you do that? None of the tutorials I find seem to make it very clear

mega.nz/#!H9kFnIrb!VlAisqavILz-J756CiMFViJutvY_aqO97ZkeuEIDTVo

okay, now what?

use nusgrabber to download the game with the titleID you're looking for, put the .tik in the folder, then put the folder in /install and install with WUPInstaller on your wii u.

use it to watch netflix while I play vidya. No regrets.

Buying Nintendo after the SNES?
Hahahaha, no!

This guy gets it.

PlayStation has 3rd party support.

Current gen was unnecessary.

You realize that when you see that even fucking FIFA still got PS2 releases until 2014. Or when you see the X360/XONE and PS3/PS4 versions of a game compared, and the differences aren't that relevant, unless you're a nitpicking autist.

No, I have CEMU.

sure thing, user
see you in splatoon 2 on the n(o games)x

I bought my wii u 32gb and 3ds from friends. Then I hacked them and never looked back, emulation and nintendo switch soon. Worth my money and time. Fucking lego city undercover trumps any ps4/xone exclusive.

No, Nintendo tried. Their problem was their timing, the expectations the wii left, and actually assuming they'd get support after 1 year. Which didn't even last that long.

Theres a certain point where you realize that nothing you do will keep the system from struggling. Capcom was never going to put a proper monster hunter on it. Animal Crossing was hinted at, but nothing came of it. Mario Kart 8 was supposed to get more DLC after the second pack, but nothing came of it. They had been working on a new mario game since 2014. but absolutely no reveal. Nothing from Retro either… Because all of that sadly wouldn't have made a difference for the wii u as a whole. So they essentially gave up on the thing later to probably help this switch thing.

Which is why I'm expecting Nintendo to pretty much lay their cards on the table come January. Thinking about it as a non wii u owner. Potentially having Zelda / Mario at launch. With them dumping enhanced/complete versions of wii u titles. (Smash/ Mariokart / Splatoon /Hyrule Warariors.) With their leftover projects surfacing. (Maybe Animal Crossing, Whatever Retro is doing.) It could be enticing just on their end alone.

And so far it hasn't amounted to much. And will continue on until probably mid to late 2017. Where most of the interesting games that's been in development for years will finally be releasing.

Well it did sell 50 million consoles. Also notice that almost all 3rd party games are released for the PS4?

I don't really care about the mainstream games industry anymore but stupid memes annoy me.

Unfortunately, the nusgrabber still keeps crashing every time I try to download. Most of the time it either just stops working and shuts down or it gives me the error message that MSVCP120.dll is missing from the computer and then it says "could not find .dll. Are you perhaps running WINE?"

Disc4u does the same thing only it says MSVCR120.dll is missing

fuck me, right?

Use jnusgrabber or the jnusgrabber gui mod instead. There's got to be 6 trillion of these things around that all accomplish the same goal.

Well I just got the files I needed here.

support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209571689-Windows-Error-Message-Missing-MSVCP120-dll-File

seemed to fix the problem just fine.