Space Thread: Human Domination over the Galaxy Edition

What government type would be best for Galaxy domination and enslaving/eliminating Xeno?

I personally always tend to go for Imperial rule type factions since historically every major country was at their peak when they were Empires before falling flat on their face because of "democracy" (I mean look at japan when they were an Empire and now they are a bunch of pussies)

Other urls found in this thread:

hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91197.0
moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-war
archive.is/TDDJ4
kerberos-productions.com/games/northstar/
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51428
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56216
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57138
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56230
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57011
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56570http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56335
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56570
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/307260-Colonia-Expansion-Initiative
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991345488/
steamcommunity.com/id/OHGODTHEBEES/
steamcommunity.com/id/ulmblob/
science.slashdot.org/story/16/11/18/2230229/final-nasa-eagleworks-paper-confirms-promising-em-drive-results
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Veteran suffrage. Strong militaristic culture.

Monarchy will only work if genetically engineered super humans are invented. Monarchs in real life are degenerate faggots.

Is that really the best the Thai king can afford? It's literally a cheap Thai hooker and nevermind the shit he is wearing also the look on those officers faces. I feel bad or Thailand

you know what will work? nothing, because its made by humans

An autocracy is the only way we will not degenerate. Democracy will only stagnate.

We must have a defined ruler if we ever make it into space.

You are talkin about a man who made his poodle a high ranking airforce officer (Air chief marshal).

This is the living thread, right?

Someone please post the Eve Online webm with IRL voicover of these guys.

So what games have Space Loli's?

I cant remember which side was more gay

what? cant handle a full grown man?

I'm disapponted in you, user.

Or a wild west in space.
If you find a new planet and lay a claim on it, it's yours, it's also yours to defend against anyone who wants to wrangle it out of your hands, or you could hand it over for the government.

That might work for a few acres of desert in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, but an entire planet?

beggars cant be choosers and all that.

for shame, user.

Thailand is a military junta, though. Guess your precious soldiers aren't so smart now are they.

How can't you remember?

Any Space Game that is a musical?

Why'd you want such a thing?

Thanks.

What is the gundam game where you are a superior Zeon mobile suit pilot and your superior friends are being destroyed one by one in an asteroid field by an inferior earthnoid Amuro in a gundam?

Just installed FS2 Open via the FS Open Installer. The HUD is way too small. Is there a way to fix it?

hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91197.0
Here's a big HUD mod.

For you

Oh, you got trapped in the Vell-Os storyline. Prepare to become an enslaved Mary Sue in a flying blue dragon dildo with no ability to modify your ship at all.

Never say yes to that cunt in the Earth bar.

Government type also depends on how rule will be carried out over vast astronomical distances. Even if our empire only encompassed Earth, Mars, some of Jupiter's moons, and Lagrangian outer space colonies, establishing a singular system of governance would be extremely difficult, and this would only be in our solar system. If researchers built some sort of ansible-type device capable of near instantaneous communications between worlds, then I could see some sort of authoritarian, militaristic galactic empire being almost possible.
The problem is one of distance and time. We already see here on Earth how cultures that are closely related, even coming from the same source culture, like US and Australia coming from the UK, given time will differ wildly, though of course some still have a strong connection to the source culture. The long distances on Earth, along with the simple passage of time, demonstrates just how much can change between groups of people that are culturally similar. What this means is for a galactic-level Empire of Man, they would not only need some sort of external force, like xenos, to put pressure on them in order to unite humanity as one, but they would have to some how get around the problem of naturally occurring cultural changes in order to establish and maintain some sort of cohesive empire across the galaxy.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense ahead of time, only had about three hours of sleep today.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Anyone have any thoughts on what kind of graphics I can use for FS2 on this computer? I'm finding that just activating the MediaVPs and leaving everything on isn't working so well. My FPS drops by half whenever a big ship explodes. Although weirdly enough, even if I don't use the MediaVPs at all, my FPS still drops by half whenever a beam fires within view, which really doesn't seem right, so maybe there's a problem with my installation or something.

Any mods to make rebel galaxy not a piece of shit?

besides not playing it
i'm asking for myself

why wouldn't you?

>>>/sage/
>>>/a/
>>>/g/
>>>/e/

What the fuck are you saging about?

those are some really big ships

I think it's cause two space threads where made and each op is being a faggot and fighting over which should get bumped.

Oh this shit again, it's like the RTS threads all over again. First one stays, newest one gets locked. How hard is it for those fucking autists to understand?

really really hard.

Uh, your PC should be enough to run even the most clusterfuck missions without struggling. You're running the game in OpenGL and not Direct3D, right? Also disable shadows and deferred lighting since those are the most demanding options.

Thanks user, been waiting for something like this for a while.

Because I'm not a low-T individual.

Stargate mod bump

moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-war

FoC version only has space combat, non-FoC versions are old but have both space and land.

Must we have this in every thread.
Stargate is shit.

I believe you're the one who is shit here.

The Mandate guy's suicide check is here. You alright, pal?

What, I never even posted in the other thread, hell I didn't even know there was a second thread until last night.

inb4

I have dynamic IP and that shit changes like 3 times a week thanks to everyone in my house using the internet to watch netflix and the router just shuts off and resets occasionally.

well, i finished the YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE, Vell-os missions

RIP

not under the space assholes presence

Here; have this truly worthwhile reply on a worthwhile opinion of yours

get this trash out of here

Are you ready to preorder, anons?

You guys are adorable, even in the face of overwhelming declarations that you're totally wrong you continue to have said wrong opinion.

You two rascals should meet up and fuck each other.

What is going on? Who are the new ayys, Collectors 2.0? What is this ADD trailer shit?

None that I could find, all I'd do is add Battleship Yamato and the theme music to it anyway.

Any space games where i can make America great again?

PER ARDUA AD ASTRA

REPENSUM EST CANICULA

I liked the settings and xenos.

2016 was a mistake

The new Call of Duty's space combat is nothing special, but the levels on planets and stuff are pretty great.

There's this mission where you're checking out a robot-controlled asteroid installation that's gone dark, and it turns out that it was rammed and is hurdling towards the sun, so when you're on the surface, it's constantly spinning and you've got to avoid being in the open during the sun cycle, but when you're indoors there's no power during the night cycle since it's all solars. It's pretty badass

It is now.

Found the cuck.

Well, that sounds pretty cool.

Gonna dump some pics i took on stellaris today.

End of line.

It's pretty varied, too. There's a great mix of missions on ships, in space, and on planets/moons. The very first mission is on Europa and has you airdropping in through the cloud layer and moving through the ice to get to a military black site.

Probably my favorite mission though is where you're chasing a bioweapon-loaded ship that's been damaged through the atmosphere of Venus and have to infiltrate the ship and destroy the weapons so that they can't be recovered.

in fairness, i thought the end of the vell-os story was actually kinda neat in a "there must always be an Atlas holding up the world" kind of way. losing your ship and only getting incremental upgrades via quests is retarded though

you need to be 18 to post here, user.

Do tell me a year more significant in the last 60 years.
I do not think we have people over 40 posting on here and that's being generous.
There were obviously more significant, single, events happening. A year as a whole in politics around the world like this I've yet to encounter in my lifetime.

in 1986, the following happened:

the list goes on. if you're going to pretend to be an oldfag at least do your homework

We can all agree that these are the three best space games ever made with Privateer being the very best, right?

Laddy, pls.
Those were milestones mostly of some sort or another but half of those aren't political and the political ones, while big, had practically zero input by the people themselves.
Those weren't things you in some way participated in. You just read them in the newspaper, heard them on the radio or saw them on TV.

Too bad the rest of the game was pretty much a cookie cutter Mobile Suit Gundam story and the multiplayer was just a copy+paste of Black Ops 3 (the one no one liked) instead of making something interesting with the sci-fi tech and space setting because it was triggering enough for CoDfags that they might be fightan in space as opposed to 7-8 straight years of modern warfare shit from 3 or 4 different franchises.

Shame they haven't really thought out how gameplay should work yet which means eventually everything gets stale.

Angels Fall First came close but missed the golden opportunity. Being an Steam Early Access and a Multiplayer Focused game is just a death sentence. Sad cause it had pilotable Capital Ships, Ship Boarding and Starfighter combat with a Homeworld esque Commander interface.

Shame cause when it first came out it was fun playing as the Antarean's and Removing League, due to our lack of experienced Capital Ship pilots we relied heavily on Fighter Aces turning the course of battle. Whole thing sort of played out like Zeta Gundam mixed with Ace Combat. One Battle due to a bug the Antarean's couldn't respawn which meant that around 30 Starfighters held off hordes of real players and each pilot we lost made things insanely difficult. Still managed to win which caused massive keks

wait, is still in EA?
well fuck

Pretty much and I wouldn't get hopes up. The whole dev team are a bunch of guys that only get to work on the game at weekends after work. So quite literally they may get about 8 hours of work done on a good week. Still the devs are pretty bro tier. Once came on Holla Forums here to do an interview when asked.

Well I hope they can finish the game.
When it releases I want to play that shit.

Who even owns the SotS IP right now?
And why was SotS 2 such a convoluted shitheap?

On the subject of Angels Fall First how is it now? I had massive performance issues when I tried it out last year and the UI was all fucked up and hurt my eyes so I never got past skirmishing bots for an hour. I will say pretty much most of the concepts were executed as well as it could it just needed to work and have people actually play it otherwise we'd end up with a Red Orchestra 2 situation where everyone sings praises for a game noone plays.

I must confess haven't played for a while. Last time I tried playing it was more optimized but there were still some gamebreaking bugs i.e. being unable to leave hangar in a Starfighter. That was around 6 months ago.

archive.is/TDDJ4
but i think kerberos owns the IP, becuase they manage to publish sword of the stars the pit on their own
also, it looks like they are working in something new.
kerberos-productions.com/games/northstar/
it means your female qt crew has ayyliums in it, right? RIGHT!?

If you really want to know:
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51428
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56216
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57138
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56230
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57011
That should answer both questions nicely.

If it doesn't, then we need to throw their writing team into the fucking sun.

We're approaching levels of cringe I never thought possible.

this is why

It won't, they mean the ship will be culturally enriched. Except for the one white woman who don't need no man.

It gets worse
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56570http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56335

QQ

Please stop user, I am about to throw up.

Oops, screwed that last one up
kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56570

If you don't like Trump you're a cuck.

i dont know why the fuck they wanted to do another IP instead of using SotS universe and make a X3 game were you can start as any fucking race, explore the galaxy with your crew, but i guess im asking to much.
Hell, i could even take a mission based space vidya like wingcommander or freespace i would even be a good goy and buy each campaing dlc for everyxeno
JUST

silly, user, you didnt give any links about the game at all and they fucked it up.

Do they go around sniffing each other's farts all day or something?

Anyway back to Space Vidya. Anything like Pulsar Lost Colony but with more about Space Trucking and maybe smuggling?

YOU HAD ONE JOB
ONE FUCKING JOB

So I see Asian dyke far left.
Hindu back middle left
Mexican middle front
Nu Male middle Right
Is the far right one the Ayy?

Well done user, that made me spit my drink out over my monitor.

i want to laugh but you reminded me of that movie also bad goy, no xenos allowed in rouge one, they are not diverse enough

Trump is alright but he's a meme, memes shouldn't and can't run a country
we will have to wait and see how well he actually performs.

Anyone know any other good place to dump my precious gems at in ED? Gridge went from 70k to 30k/t now.

I think that bothers me more than anything. You have a sci-fi/fantasy where you can do virtually anything you want and have all sorts of creative alien life and what marxist devs and writers do is just wave niggers, spics and gooks around talking about "diversity" and say nothing about alien characters where there could be actual fucking diversity. Even Star Trek understood this shit in the goddamn 60s and just used ayys to explore I mean preach social issues of the times.

Did they change mines or NPCs? The AI doesn't seem to follow you anymore, thus flying into your mines.Could be me, but I have switched to all seeker missiles on my asp for the time being. They actually do the job faster depending on the ship.

npcs won't fly into them anymore yeah

Damn that's what I figured. Caught on after two npc interdictions. Well, guess I'm keeping my missiles.

Either the team didnt manage to finish the game and they released it in early alpha when that wasn't yet main-stream, or someone accidentally deleted 80% of the game and they had to start working from near scratch.

Game was buggy as all hell on launch and since it played differently to Sots 1 nobody bothered to try it any further than to just see that it was different and it was buggy and crashy.

Because they had no backups (or they lost those too) and lost big chunks of the original code.
I don't know how it is possible, but the Alpha was far more playable and complete than the game on release.
They kept trying to fix the game for a year and a half, but gave up when they ran out of money.

Christ that IS a huge crater.

If you are so superior, why is one angsty teenager beating your entire company of zeon suits?

Because that's how anime works.

Go back to your radioactive rock monkey.

A radioactive rock monkey sounds like a weapon to surpass metal gear.

That sounds like it would evolve into feudal lordships over planets eventually

You know that there were Roman Emperors who thought they were women and would rent their boipussies out to any and all who could pay, right?

No one is denying this, but if the fuckwit's desires can be satiated and he doesn't have to every 4 years suck moneyed dick, he might also be able to rule without thinking of himself for a second.

Can Vell-Os even dominate planets? I'm in a Rebel Super Heavy Destroyer with stock weapons and I can do a couple. Only things that are annoying are the Valks with 100mm rail guns and their hugest range in the game.

So you agree that being an autocracy does nothing to stop decadence?

Well that excuses the 100-200 emperors that followed.

Whereas the republic was actively perusing self-destruction, right?

You know he used the word degenerate to mean falling apart, not being sexual deviant, right?

One of these things is not like the others.

Rule of Acquisition #34: War is good for business

Its hard to turn an honest profit when Iconians are running around and blowing up all your customers, factories, warehouses and anything else they can find, including that place you stash all your money.
Some days a ferengi needs to go and kill someone to insure that there will be a place he can turn a profit, tomorrow.
Also he's probably being paid handsomely for his mercenary work

Rule of Acquisition #162: 'Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit.

Does Judaism still exist in Star Trek? I thought the humans were all atheists and there were episodes in TNG where Picard goes all Fedora over indigenous populations for one reason or another.

Of course Jewish atheists are a thing

Ferengi are the jews. A lot of the aliens represent the negative elements of human, greed (Ferengi), deception (Romulan), brutality (Klingons), control (Cardassians, not that the Cardassians did anything wrong), etc and so fourth. That's why those are all villains for the Federation, which represents what mankind can be beyond all those elements, but also constantly fighting against its inner nature to stay that way.

The Bajorans are "victims"

Bajoran's represent humanities innate paradoxical nature of sanctimoniousness and hypocrisy, being the peaceful people who were victims despite being also savage terrorists who attack innocent to force their point.

Thats a more modern interpretation.
In TOS it was a bit more straight forward.
Feddie = US the viewpoint of everything and always the good guys
Klingon = Russia at odds with the feddies always teetering on the brink of war until after the cold war ended, then they made peace with the feddies
Romulan = China mistrustful of the US, but not actively involved on Russia's side either, the feddies don't know what to do with them
Everyone else = natives, muslims, europeans and anything else the story of the day needed to advance the plot.
TNG changed much of that though, with more abstract associations for the alien species. Klingons where suddenly warriors, rommies where backstabbing bastards in general, ferengi where capitalists, but didn't pan out as badguys so they made them jokes instead, borg are the most interesting when they are introduced, since they are the most alien of the aliens in the show. Then Voyager/First Contact happened and the borg where vampire/ant cross breeds.
The Dominion is, I dunno, religious extremism?
Bajorans are SJW's of the trek universe. Always playing the victim, always abusing others, always being assholes to nice cardassians who bring them flowers and so on. Major Kira is a big example of this, she talks big, acts like a tough guy, always looking for pointless fights but when push comes to shove, only ever looks out for herself and bajorans. Everyone else can go fuck themselves.

You're a modern interpretation.

Blind faith.

its like the X3 xenos.

What's the best space games ever made anons?

Delete post and repost it without the flag on, otherwise fuck off attention seeker.

Fuck you, I'm seeing Rogue One and you can't stop me the space scenes get me HARD

I am retarded.

How do I even operate Stellaris?

How do you get a blue name?

By purchasing an Holla Forums premium account, of course! It is the only way to shitpost

Whoever wanted to make us into an Elite: Dangerous faction, now's your chance.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/307260-Colonia-Expansion-Initiative

what is that pic from? looks like fun

You really are a fucking retard or newfag.
Delete your life.

Say hi to your jewish overlords for me, you race traitor cuckold.

You're a particular kind of faggot who likes a particular type of AIDs.

It's already happened, we're waiting on a dev to slot us into a system now. Fuck being stuck out in Colonia.

Is Starmade even alive? Is Barbarossa Imperium ded?

There's never anyone on when I log on over the weekend…

Do you want another ass-kicking, bug?

Maybe next time when you have a civil war, we won't return the crown jewels to you, so you can continue killing yourselves.

Oh, the writer is an actual Jew sjw, hardcore cuck, has an extremely shit track-record. It's worse than could be imagined.

Please tell me this is not the anime,

It's some shitty IndieGOGO funded horror film.

if Empire are white nazi supremacist when why they had a nigger working for them

Maybe he's an alien.

Because Star Wars should have ended with the first or third movie.

Shut up that's why.

What does the diaper pin on the Rebel Phoenix emblem mean? That the Rebel Scum are actually neckbearded piss babies and the Empire in all their incarnations are the true sources of order and prosperity in the galaxy?

Because they will make a sequel telling you that the Force Awakens actually made sense when the Force Awakens should have made sense in the first place

If I had to guess, it symbolizes that we need to keep together or all the shit will flow everywhere.

It's an anti-Brexit meme that spread over, because pro-Brexit people and pro-Trump people are LITERALLY committing genocide right now.

It's was some fag's idea, she wanted to create a badge pin to show solidarity to the people who have LITERALLY been holocausted by the right wing fascist hordes that have invaded the world, as well as saying that they're safe sitting next to them on public transport which as LITERALLY become a meatgrinder for muslim corpses right now. But she was a retard so the best she could come up with was taking the safety pin from the back of a blank badge and saying that it shows solidarity. Because it's a safety pin, geddit?

Well if they seriously believe that Muslim women are going to be harassed and mistreated by anyone but other Muslims, then I guess diaper pins are the best way to go. Still doesn't explain what's it doing on the Rebel icon since they aren't exactly Islam friendly if they let Mary Sue women run around solving everything single handed

You almost sold me on the idea of a live action reenactment of Battlefield 3's Metro map complete with blue tinted shades but then I remembered: It's Europe

Because he's the writer of Rogue One. Therefore, his politics are their politics. Also he's basically said that The Empire is literally right-wing people.

It's the (Rebel) Alliance to Restore the Caliphate now, son.

BREXIT BABY

He meant they're analogous to white supremacists, not literally white supremacists. Note the "human" in parentheses. They're like white supremacists, but with humans vs. nonhumans instead of whites vs. other humans.
It's always been canon that the Empire has primarily supported human interests over others. Quick, name three prominent non-human or non-near-human imperials, besides Thrawn.

Total and utter anarchy. Think about it, how many terrible, lawless alien hordes are there in video games or other media that consume and have destroyed more species than humans could ever imagine? One could argue that most examples are just insectoids who have a so-called Queen, but they are without law still, working only on pheromones and biological drive.

Jar Jar Binks :^)

There's Darth Maul and those two alien aides palpatine always had with him in the prequel trilogy.
And those billions upon billions of mandalorean clones they use as storm troopers…
Who knows how many other aliens who, like mandaloreans look so much like humans you can't tell them appart with a casual glance. Half the imperial officers we see could be aliens for all we know.

Mandalorians are humans of the planet Mandalore.
Humans in Star Wars come in different names depending world of birth and other factors, but the true origin point of humanity in the galaxy is Coruscant.

Hapans are humans, as well as Corellians, Aleraanians, Kuati, and Naboo.

Why shouldn't the Empire protect human interests? If not them, who? Jabba the jew?

There was Thrawn's Right Arm, Darth Maul, and whoever that spy was that ratted out the heroes at the start of IV. Is Sheev an ayy, or does Sith Lightning being reflected in your face just turn you into a talking ballsack?

Keep in mind the Geonosians helped build the Death Star and got shoah'd for it in the NuCanon and served as controlled opposition along with the Neimodians and Banking Clan

Any 3 of the billions of Clone Troopers they used. That alien jedi that Thrawn used, Ruhk, Mas Amedda, almost all the Inquisitorius, and Thrawn's clone :^)

I don't know how it is in NuCanon, but originally at least that wasn't true. The origins of humanity were deliberately left vague, but there was going to be a book or something explaining it which got canned.
Apparently, future humans from our own galaxy were testing out the first warp drive, but it malfunctioned and sent them back in time ("A long time ago") and to the Star Wars galaxy. They were enslaved by aliums, then eventually freed themselves and spread across the galaxy.

Maul doesn't count; he only worked for Sheev as a Sith, not in any sort of Imperial capacity.
I'm pretty sure Zabrak count as near-humans anyway.

Anyone working for Thrawn is probably an exception too, since I doubt he cared much about maintaining Palpatine's racial power structure (for obvious reasons).

Sounds like something they came up with before they made the prequels

Sheev did promote Thrawn to Grand Admiral (he personally appoints them right?) and it was the FelPire that was lax on xenos in service. I think Thrawn got killed because he tried fucking over the one group of ayys you shouldn't double cross (it has been a long time and I do plan on either rereading the Thrawn trilogy or find the comics)

Sheev is human. The lightning fucked him up.

I don't know if he personally appoints all of them, but TIE Fighter has an actual scene of Sheev promoting Thrawn in person.

You are a fucking child.

Do you enjoy always being wrong?

Lucas is by far the worst part of star wars.

NOT ON MY FUCKING WATCH

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. No fuck off. The story starts with Courscant. There were two groups on Courscant, The Zhell which led to humanity in the Star Wars universe. The other were put into exile and kicked off the planet. These were the Taung, or who eventually became the Mandalorians.

are you hyped? already putting my preorder

Any potential to be good is already out the window.

calm down user, there is nothing wrong with ubisoft.

At this point it's literally nothing

My guess is that it's going to be either an expansion pack for the latest Anno game OR another Anno game, this time set in deep space.

Finally got around to playing Battlefleet Gothic Armada.
It's better than I thought it would be, although I wish there were more options to play as the other races except in skirmish.
Something like the main campaign, except without the story and voice acting would have been fun, if non-canon.

do you guys like ksp screenshots?

yes

O-ok

Never ever.

They're really trying to leech as much hype on that abortion of a game, aren't they?

That's a gosh darn shame it had to be Ubishit.

Hmmm? What is this?

…

Build a quadrillion nano-bot flamers so you can purge each and every one of his cells simultaneously on a molecular level, and then completely exterminate the species that harbors him and redact their culture not only from your memory but force it's removal from the memory banks of alien worlds. No mercy, no remorse, no justice; only humanity.

The story develops!

In theory this kind of content is cool, but it has almost zero replaybility.

It's just some shit that happens as a random encounter when you are taking over a technologically inept race.
These fuckers are at early space age so i figured id rather make them part of my empire than have them form their own sphere of influence at my borders.

I was talking about the random events in general. Compared to Distant Worlds they do create "flavor" but they quickly get repetive. Too bad they didn't start churning out DLC so the game could have become worth a pirate and proper playthrough.

Yeah, i know what you mean.
Solar sailers seem to be rather popular among pre-FTL races and for some reason alien mercenaries are using planetary crusts as their personal blog.

To be fair if I could go around drawing giant cocks or dirty thoughts on peoples planets or moons I'm pretty sure that's what I'd do all the time.

We all would, but reading about others doing it doesn't just have the char,.

Also the damn things always say that "it details the rough life of a alien mercenary".
So it sounds to me more like a tumblr blog in space than a lewd story.

Oh vey! the ayyliums know, shut it down!

That must be new. I stopped botherring with Stellaris after a few months ago

Blame the Japs, specifically blame Matsumoto for having a hard-on for WWII ships flying around in space instead of the flying rock it was supposed to be

I sure feel sorry for the Klingon players.

Yeah well occasionally my science vessels find something hanging around in orbit of a planet and more often than not it's a solar sailer that belonged to some alien species down the block and all i get is a bit of engineering research from it because it's an "antiquated yet elegant design".

I fucked up Holla Forums

I bought Horizons season pass and started immediately regretting my decision.
Please tell me I did the right thing by requesting a refund.

Is this a mod for World of Warships?

sadly no, it was for their April fools event.. turned out to be more fun than the normal game.

reminds me of when Gaijin did April Fools in War Thunder put that huge snail on the maps…or when all the planes were turned into My Little Ponies.

Stargate SG-1 is objectively one of the best Sci-fi series to premiere on TV in the last 20 years.

I can understand saying Atlantis turned to shit.
I can understand saying universe was always shit.
But SG-1 was the epitome of what a Sci-Fi series could be. fuck star trek its leftist bait. fuck star wars its fairy tale bullshit. SG-1 was about people exploring and interacting with a galaxy that did not revolve around humanity. rather humanity became great and rivaled MAJOR FUCKING UNIVERSAL FACTIONS and came out on top.

It's more shit because they didn't finish it.

Oh, remember that one time they transformed tanks into giant mechs?

Fuck. Did they? stopped playing a long time ago.

Agreed. SG-1 was good.

Yeah, i think it was april fools 2015.

SG-1 was shit.
If not for EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GALAXY BEING DUMBER THAN RETARDED CHIPMUNKS humanity wouldn't have survived.
From Jaffa's too stupid to fight with hightech weapons that don't work right.
System Lords who are all universally idiotic and repeatedly fail to take the simplest of steps to actually do something about a major threat to their very way of life.
The Asgardians who are so simpleminded their entire civilisation is wiped out by lego bricks.
And don't even get me started on the stupidity with the Ori.
To put it simply, the show was one long idiot plot, with idiot villains being driven by stupidity. The entire plot of the series hinges on the badguys never once resorting to the quickest and easiest solution to the threat the heroes pose to them.
Despite ruling interstellar empires, the System lords never seem to mobilize more than a few dozen Jaffa at a time or make use of more than one little town at a time.

Then there's those ugly ships earth somehow manages to build. In months, complete with from the first engineer being told that the government are going to need a flying space ship to the finished thing, screw time needed for testing technology and prototyping shit, equipped with alien supertech that is some how better than the aliens own supertech, in gigantic underground hangars, for secrecy despite the thousands of workers required to actually make the ship or any of the components for it, most of which are full of supertech and the thousands more scientists who had to develop all this technology and the hundreds of crewmen who had to trained in its use so they could crew the damned thing which they then proceed to fly around in the atmosphere for all to see and low earth orbits where it would be plainly visible to anyone who happens to look up. Yet they keep harping on how secret its all supposed to be.
Its all just the dumbest excuses they can find to make sure the show is made as a cheap little knock off of a proper sci fi show, with out all those annoying effects shots of space ships or having to figure out how the physics of it would work, how society would deal with future technology and all those things. You know, all that shit SCI FI is about.

Nah.

You having shit taste in incurable I'm afraid.
Btw, what about newer sci fi shows.
Are there any Firefly or The Expanse mods for games around? The latter could be interesting, with the fairly hard Sci Fi setup for ships.

Lol.

Here, just found another one a moment ago.

Looks pretty good. Most T6 ships tend to be ugly overdesigned messes but the refits of Canon ships usally look better. The cloak looks pretty OP with the whole immunity to energy damage before being completely immune to attack (unless that's how cloaks always worked). Trait's pretty meh and doesn't add anything interesting to the table. The other stats look pretty bad and not worth buying especially if it's a 3 piece set for 6000 goy points.

why

I beg to differ.
Those nacellas look atrocious.
Just like T6 Excelssiors.

I'll give you the bulby nacelles. What do the other variants look like? I don't imagine people rolling back to Soverign nacelles because half the ships in the fucking game use them.

Ok, here comes.
Sovereign along with its two variants you get for free just by owning the regular sovereign.
Then the Refit version that comes with gas canisters that let out flammable cosmic fart gasses and a torpedo launcher with wider firing area.
And finally the fleet version of Sovereign, the Imperial class star destroyer assault cruiser.

And that's all the assault cruiser variants in the game, the mirror version called "Mirror star cruiser" hardly counts since it looks just like Sovereign, but with Terran paint job (which you can then apply to all other Sovereign variants).

In case you meant "what does the variant of the T6 look like".
Well, the Vizier, which seems to be a promotional ship only (you have to buy a star trek assault wing miniature of Ent-E to get a code for it) looks just like Sovereign, only with a bit different coloring and the fleet variant looks the same.

oh, its you again, yes user, we all know you hate SG1.

It's going to be riddled with all kinds of shit.

Easy fix, just replace the nacelles. IIRC you can do that right?

Stellaris news: Collectivism is being renamed and to Authoritarian and Individualist is being renamed to Egalitarian.

I'm fine with the Collectivism rename but if you want the opposite of Authoritarian it should be Libertarian

Might as well bite the bullet and wait for multicrew if you already got horizons. But that's assuming you got people to play with and it works.

I'd of played this game. I want a game like this.

Yes.

Sounds too connected to human political thinking. Collectivist and Individualist could present much wider and "alien" species wide cultural/political tendencies (for example, hive mind like tendencies). And how is egalitarian opposite of authoritarian? And "authoritarian" overlaps with government types. How would a military dictatorship (militarist government) not be authoritarian? Are they going to make taking this authoritarian ethos a requirement for any government type that isn't a democracy of sorts?

They really don't have any idea what they want to do.

Anyone want Elite? I have three CD keys I don't need and I'm just giving them away since no one in my friends list is interested in it

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991345488/

Eh, I'll take one. Send one my way: steamcommunity.com/id/OHGODTHEBEES/

Sure, added you

Every single day that passes I get more and more pissed off at Elite. I think I have come at the conclusion that there is nothing truly good about this game except for the engine and the flight model which I find a very good combination of sim and arcade, for me it's actually fun. But the rest is just wasted potential coming from a developer with no vision of what good gameplay is.

If you had the power to do it, what would be the single biggest change you would do to improve the game.

completely rehaul the dumbass instancing system for proper dedicated servers.

Although the situation is so bad with instancing they might need to redo it soon anyway.

Basically this
I'd easily forgo the stupid MMO thing for a game with a maximum of 64 players or so and mod support.
Sure, it's nice to meet randoms on occasion but that is not superior to mods and/ or no instances.

You're somewhat right but let's talk abour Dr Fraser.

Just makes me feel sad they aren't making any 2199 games

Is there any merit to pick up ED again, I just want a reason to get the dust off my joystick.

Not really, that game is a train wreck, better forget about it than play it and feel the disappointment again.

if our god damn faction ever gets put in the fucking game like the bastards promised, it might be enough for you to invest another week max into the game. that's what I'm hoping for

Why are FD such incompetent cunts?

a) you can use it to play the original versions

b) it was free

No real competition.

did you sucked someone dick for the game?

Dedicated Servers, Actual social features(guild/playergroup ala any normal fucking game), an entire powerplay overhaul, and a bonus(like trade dividends) for completing any activity in open. Rebalance the main jobs to give better money so we can get away from WoW in space mentality and lastly shadowban any active Mobius private group players to Open only. Because fuck those guys.

Still enjoy elite, love pirating people but man I'd love to beat some sense into the devs.

Yeah, it seems worse, but according to a latter tweet/post the authoritarian vs egalitarian will have different effects than collectivist vs individualist have now anyway so it's not really a rename but a replacement.
Apparently they didn't like the collectivists = slavery and purges, because it didn't fit utopian commies, but now the same commies in forums are triggered that authoritarianism and egalitarianism are mutually exclusive.
They should have tied slavery to something else instead of just throwing the ethos out of the window.
I don't really like this change because they are not even actually opposites and they are too real world politics loaded. Individualism left room for ancap shit and proud warrior race types that i don't think the new ones will accommodate very well, "egalitarianism" is too "good".

a) My physical copies from way back in the day are damaged

b) it was given to me last christmas from someone on Holla Forums

c) what are you arguing about? I don't like the HD remaster and never said I did.

They don't know how to make a multiplayer game and the only people the listen are on the forums who don't know either.

I'll take one.

steamcommunity.com/id/ulmblob/

Elected autocrats from the ruler is the way to go imo kinda like the 5 good emperors of Rome where they'd adopt their successor and it paid dividends.

That would still give you the single biggest problem with having a single autocratic ruler in charge of everything.
Namely, what guarantees are there he won't be either a complete idiot, a selfish hedonist who doesn't care about ruling or completely insane. Either option will fuck over the country.

And once you end up with a bad king who's going to fuck over the country, it will usually be difficult to get rid of the bastard again.

You do realize that bad kings are way less often than good kings. the only reason you hear of bad kings is because how rare it is. They typically don't last long either because kings derive their power from the people therefore do everything to sustain it.

One of world of warships' april fools day things were sort of yamato-ish.

No, good kings are usually extremely rare, mainly due to the countless wars being fought in europe during the classic and all the way up through the renaissance. Even most of the "good kings" from medieval times where kind of shit compared to most modern politicians.
Taxes are collected haphazardly, privileges and trade monopolies are given mainly to cronies and personal acquaintances, many kings where little more than glorified robber barons who funded their great works by looting and pillaging their neighbours, the advancement of science took a glacial pace during the worst of the dark ages where kings wielded the most direct power without any kind of government institutions to help them, the armies in europe where a joke, just like our civilisation.
It wasn't until countries grew big enough to have bureaucrats doing most of the actual ruling that europe began dragging itself out of the dark ages. Same goes for empires like China and Rome. What made them great wasn't having a single person in charge, but having an organised court of administrators, ministers and such to take care of the actual minutiae of keeping the place running.
If you want to go into space or even just unify a single planet, its not going to be a matter of having your country run by an autocrat. A single person, no matter how smart, can only keep track of so much shit before he has to delegate and will only have so many fields of competence before he has to rely entirely on his expert advisers for most of his decision making.

Really, you'd be better off investing your resources in trying to make an AI that can run your country for you instead.
The Culture got that bit right.

user the only joke here is your post. Holy shit. Now talk about space.

there is a story about that made by isaac asimov, about the elections were an AI would choose a human, asked him some questions and then the AI would select the next president.
Of course if the president was a shitty one, everyone would bully the human instead of the AI.

Honestly that's all i want. I have low aspirations.

Next season will either be space legs or atmospheric landings, rumored to be why the season 2 updates are taking so long as they have dev's working on season 3 already.
They love the strategy of just add more content too much

>you can do that in the SC alpha already

The Culture are ultimate degenerates though, but they are not afraid to fuck shit up.

I'm looking for a specific space game. It has an interface which kind of looks like a roguelike, complete with large walls of text and exposition. I only remember seeing screenshots of it so there's a possibility that it was actually vaporware. It's not Prospector.

No, the culture got "existing in a magical post-scarcity setting" right.

Their civilization is made possible by unicorn farts and author fiat.

You are wrong. Science was very much alive and they had a decent legal system - not quite Rome level, but decent enough. And women had more influence than you think of. They could even fight in judicial duels.

Did you just say you where going to give out keys so you could get more steamfriends?

BF:G
is chaos still the worst fleet?

OF COURSE IT IS, HERETIC!

ANCIENT EVILS N SHEEIITT

Chaos hasn't been good since assault boats got nerfed to oblivion and even when assault boats were strong that was their only valid tactic given how shit lance broadsides are
They really needed to give Chaos some Grand Cruisers given how weak their cruiser line up is

They used to be able to pull some massive bullshit when leveled up, but holy fuck the guys making BFG Armada don't know how to balance shit. They somehow thought giving the Imperial Navy the ability to trigger a mutiny with every lightning strike along with a 25% chance for their shields to take no damage was a good idea.

All their balance really consists of nerfing the only valid tactics for a race with a hammer without actually making any other tactics viable for them. Casing point is that Eldar the only real tactic they could pull was Pulsar Spam and that was it, turning them into a one trick pony. It was a good trick granted but fuck they had nothing else going for them.

science.slashdot.org/story/16/11/18/2230229/final-nasa-eagleworks-paper-confirms-promising-em-drive-results
We space now.

Why is Stellaris so garbage

Why can't I have a good space grand strat with actual politics

Why do I suffer like this

how else will you purge?

Star Trek Birth of the Federation came close especially with minor species. I honestly wish we could get a remake of that game. It essentially was just a Masters of the Orion clone but it was really good. Especially the combat system in it.

Wish this trope would die out, in otherwords wish writers would get some fucking imagination

Ancient evil has been part of the genre since the LotR books and the conan series founded the genre.

Ancient evil or at least "evil" is a main stay of mythologies. It will never go away.

but you must fight the ancient evil, its not like you should join it and shit.

THESE FUCKING GUYS and not only that, I'm also out 10 million if I resell my beluga.

Fuck me.

They buffed them back up like two days ago. It was a bug. Should work just fine but the place you use might not be as good anymore. Find elsewhere. Sides, beluga is super fun to use. Only ship you can cross the bubble in without needing a fuelscoop.