ITT: Mediocre games with theme songs far better than they deserved

ITT: Mediocre games with theme songs far better than they deserved

Starting with the heavy goods fam.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a forgettable game but holy shit listen to this, that brass section, those trumpets~ Fucking hell, i need more hype music with lots of brassy sounds.

I won't say mediocre, but Solstice

youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0

This is a given.

Shitposting aside, I do like how all the songs share similar melodies and shit, and it really made them feel connected.

NES has a lot of these, actually

Yes it does.

inb4

Almost any Kingdom Hearts song is too good for the series.

Elder scrolls game are boring

Anything Tim Follin ever did in his career.

Never actually played it but I heard it wasn't that good.

rip pandemic.

You're a trumpet

Okay game with bullshit DLC, but Konami got Daisuke Ishiwatari for the art & music.

no, that's just the composer being a lazy fuck

That's just you being completely musically illiterate. Like a toddler saying a novel is shit because a lot of words repeat.

Multiplayer was absolutely great, but the singleplayer was lackluster compared to Madworld. Soundtrack was a major step up thankfully, plus this is a great credits song for any game.

For shame niggers

That game feels like they had a really awesome soundtrack on hand and needed a game to accompany it.

That's called a motif.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)

I recall Sonic R was actually well received back then. Maybe because there was a dearth of Sonic games in the Saturn era, but I did enjoy it.

It wasn't, and it's really not that good a racing game, go back and play it to how slippery the controls are. It's music the only redeeming feature.

Main theme for the DLC as it was essentially the Hub music. Also a shit game not a Mediocre one. It just happened to have good music. I actually like the Borderlands soundtracks and see the games as giant wasted potential.

This whole OST is amazing. A shame that the game itself is so bad.

Reminds me of Panzer Dragoon a bit.

I thought it was a comfy game tbh

not really the song itself, but the cinematic that beautifully synced with the song. The animations within the game are so shit compared to the opening cutscene.

NightCry had an entire soundtrack made for it that doesn't play in game due to a bug. And I can't find it on Youtube, but I'd guess it's better than the game itself.

As much as I love Ar Tonelico, III wasn't near as good as the soundtrack led on.

poor sonia

*the only thing we have to fear is… fear itself*

Best soundtrack in the series and one of the worst games not counting the later Ubisoft abominations