FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

Don't forget to support their games!

- Xanadu Next just got released for PC, go grab it at Steam / GOG / Humble Store

- XSEED preparing 7 games for PC steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)

- Trails of Cold Steel II released for North America already, european release: November 11
- TitS the 3rd for Spring 2017 (PC only)
- Akatsuki no Kiseki (F2P browser game) on open beta, happens around the first half of Trails to Azure, register and play at akatuki.ujj.co.jp/ (instructions: esterior.net/2016/08/akatsuki-no-kisekis-closed-beta-opens-on-825-and-how-to-sign-up/ )

- We need a new guide for the Ys game, any volunteer?

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Don't forget to support their games!

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/
youtube.com/watch?v=22qqs9jucn8
youtube.com/watch?v=d-7zjsM5nQA
youtube.com/watch?v=sR6TFSqmyqw
youtube.com/watch?v=YiFqaTgjBbE
youtube.com/watch?v=-azjB3lsUTU
youtube.com/watch?v=2hqr5ykpdVU
youtube.com/watch?v=TsP7WSySVfk
youtube.com/watch?v=qVP_nCK0tXU
youtube.com/watch?v=DzDG5PeXgVk
youtube.com/watch?v=WHf7MUSiES4
youtube.com/watch?v=lJhL-QZfZ9M
youtube.com/watch?v=Goj8hyy_L0M
twitter.com/bk2128/status/796595782006833152/
twitter.com/bk2128/status/796596315186728964/
heroesoflegend.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=80167bc2d2ac40971b6f40facbd04147
gog.com/promo/20161118_weekend_promo_dotemu_xseed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OH SHIT SON

Has the pirated version of Xanadu Next been patched?

Did anyone else get the feeling that if anyone was gonna be a traitor in Cold Steel it'd be Emma? I thought she was trying to summon Loa Erebonius and have Rean be taken over by his ogre power. Was I the only one who got that vibe?

The traitor is Rean. How do you not get this?

What if Rean's outfit in CS3 is just the new upper class uniform for Thors?

It's confirmed to take place a few years after. Rean only has 1 year of Thors left.

So what is the main benefit of leveling down in Xanadu Next? I just beat the big spider boss, and I'm really fucking loving this game so far

You later get a guardian that raises the amount of bonus point you get per level. It's recommended to raise that guardian to max level and then reset you character to level 1.

You know you gotta post source, negro.

>XSEED preparing 7 games for PC steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/

Hmm. Possibility, but Falcom hasn't announced a PC version. Only a PS4 version (which hasn't been released yet). There is a possibility that they're porting it and they made a deal with XSeed to bring it across but I will remain doubtful.

Fully playable Patrick TOCS 3?

Possible.

I'm hoping for Claire in the Reanbowl. But I'll probably be gunning for Sara or Laura first

Anything else other than that? Cause I'm like level 11 and got 3 other guardians maxed out, depending on my mood I might not want to do that grind.

Well we know Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel is one of them

>not ferris or squire rosine

That doesnt mean much
3 of them are Nitroplus Blasterz, SK: Bon Appetit and TiTs 3.

Could be anything really

Her Seiyuu died, man. She'll never get married.

Must've flown over my head. Do tell.

Holy shit I didn't know

I'm fucking sad now.

If Claire is in the Reanbowl I'll marry her ;_;

The part where he's working for Osbourne and oppressing entire nation-states.

If they were gonna do that, they wouldn't have ever given us a choice like in TiTS.

Who'd he betray?

Not really. You can also use it to respect you character, but it's not worth the trouble.
It's highly recommended to max level the guardian and reset your level to 1 as soon as possible, because the later you do it, the longer it take to get back to the current recommended level. Without the extra bonus points the bonus dungeon is pretty much unbeatable.

So how far away is that guardian once you beat angry giant spider? Cause I might as well just butt rush it if it's close

You get that guardian right before the final boss pretty much.

fug

Sorry m8.

Himself

It's clear that he doesn't like doing it. He felt that he had to, because longer war = more bloodshed.

Even Neithardt noted that the light was gone from his eyes.

I do predict that he'll see some shit and have to make some tough decisions.

oh boy please don't let this happen

No.

If people got wind of it, I think they would see a significant lose of sales.

I doubt it. If anything, more characters will be added to the Reanbowl, including all the earlier ones. I'm pretty sure Claire's going to be in it, given her last bonding event and her actions during the epilogue.

If it's Alisa only I will be pretty salty, because it tosses aside your choices in the first two games. I don't think they'll do that though.

truly best girl, bar none

Bar one

Two best. Really excited to see them in CS3.

I love game series that have characters grow and change in numerous manners over the course of the games.

Sara and Laura are my favorites. Laura really won me over in the second game, though, with how cute her path was.

Of course, Sara being such a cake virgin that she gets flustered when Rean hugs her is pretty cute too.

At least the gameplay's pretty neat. The voice acting makes me want to commit sudoku, though

Fucking box puzzles. I know the solutions is probably easy but shit aint coming to me.

Aw. The VA ain't that bad. There are some really good voices there. Alisa's is a bit grating though. And Sara starts off wobbly but gets better.

Duvalie in 2 has the best VA. The BEST. Her angry shouts are music to my ears

Hope you enjoy the games, user.

For me, Laura was the obvious choice for CS 1, but as I was doing Sara's events in 2 she just completely endeared herself to me that I'm doing her on my Nightmare play through sand might do her on my first CS III save. The worst part is that they both fit my favorite couple archetype. I don't know who to do first and who to save for Nightmare.

Use the boots

guess I'm coming back later, cause I don't even know what the boots are

Someone clearly didn't give Carrie Kerranan(Sara's VA) the same direction as the others. Listen to her "Overdrive!" And Valimar burst quote. She's unsynced where everyone else is fine.

I don't know, man. Tall Blue Ms. Big Tits' voice is really the one that kills me. I think I've heard her before, too…
Anyway, I am enjoying it already. That game play is damn satisfying, especially against bosses.

I guess I should explore more since I have never seen that puzzle, but yeah. Later you get a pair of boots that let you walk on air.

How the fuck is that a confirmation for Ys 8 on PC?

the 3rd already appears on the list, it's not one of the games.

It's the u shaped area in the clover ruins behind a breakable wall if you ever want to do it

Which confirms nothing except that we'll maybe hear some announcements soon-ish.
If it were to be through though, and Ys 8 would be released for PC and on GoG I'll send them a letter wherein I'm going to tell both Falcom and XSEED that I love them very much.

Thanks user, you and your dubs are pretty cool.

Gonna give Xanadu Next a 9.5 for my review.

True though, I meant. God, I'm retarded.

Oh yeah, is there an item to let you breath under water in xanadu? Because if not I think I ended up getting to an area I'm not suppose to be by wasting all my elixirs.

This fine lady?

It's a level 3 Needle, good for saving you some money I guess

Yes, there is.

I'd rank it that high myself. Sara needs to get these bugs fixed because some people are too dumb to look on the Steam forums before writing an angry letter and calling that a "review".

You needed the Lung Stone, which the game hands to you after beating Eaglet Mountain. Did you find the submerged part of Clover Ruins and use your elixirs there?

Oh good, I haven't bought that yet.

Okay thanks.

Yes.

Oh man her voice was great! I'm kinda hoping she joins the Reanbowl in 3. She seems like she'd be adorable to fluster.

No, Blue-haired chick Laura, was her name. Yeah, her voice is so stereotypical "Strong woman who don't need none no man". It reminds me of the shitty Kill La Kill dub's Satsuki.

I'm pretty sure Sara actually did Satsuki in the dub, funnily enough. Laura voiced Margaret in P4. In any case, Laura does need a man. She's the clingiest of the girls.

Oh, huh. Haven't gotten that far, then ie basically three days ago I started

I really liked her VA, women with smooth as fuck buttery voices make my dick melt more than the hyperactive ear piercer.

She's alright. It's kinda bland yeah, but when you get to know her she shapes up after a while. She comes off as super strong (she is indeed the strongest physically), but she's not well versed in domestic stuff.

Don't spoil it, man. He just started the first game.

She's great. Her "GET BACK HERE GODDAMMIIITTTTT" is just like

amazing.

Hasn't Falcom stopped doing PC a while back? That means Xseed would have to port it themselves. Which means more delays.

Glad I have a PlayStation regardless.

Yeah, me too. Got a PS4 just for it and some other games.

Keep hearing Ys VIII is the best and it's making me stupid excited.

Waifus and shipping sells Cold Steel.

They'd be stupid to drop that.

That's why this thread is gross tbh, I'm more interested in Sept Terrions, Dominions and the geopolitics of the game, but all everyone talks about is waifu this waifu that.

this

Welcome to Japan.

Well, give us something you want to talk about instead of waiting for it to come up.

Okay, why did the church send Barkhorn into western Erebonia? What is going on there that they need two Dominions? (presumably Thomas somehow ends up there as well in CSIII)

Ys VIII is pretty damn great. I'm gonna double-dip on it for PS4, for sure.

Probably because Erebonia is too large for one Dominion. Thomas handles the east while Barkhorn travels over to the west.

Because Erebonia is fucking huge and Osborne is their biggest threat?

Laura is new Margaret, by the way.

If she does enter, I called it.

Who was your endgame team for CS I and II? Mine were:

CS: Rean, Laura, Elliot, and and Fie

CS II: Rean, Laura, Jusis and Sara

Anyone else feel like the story pacing for Cold Steel II was worse than the original Cold Steel?

CSI & 2: Rean, Laura, Fie and Emma

Final Dungeon: Crow, Altina, Rixia and Vita

CS: Rean. Alisa (Just for that CP Regen). Laura and Elliot in the main team with Machias and Emma in Support.
CS2: Rean, Alisa (Again, CP regen), Laura, and Fie because of Fie's godly Evasion Tank strat as my main. Support were Emma, Sara/Jusis I think.

I think I hit the end sooner than I thought I should have, but no I thought everything was about the same pace as CS1.

Not exactly, but it had fewer opportunities for NPC reaction, despite the wider scope of the map. Chosoeable parties also meant that party interaction wasn't nearly as focused as it was earlier. However, it's not as if you haven't already spent a game and a half with these characters. There's only so much new stuff they can get by having fixed parties. Also, even with chooseable parties they still did a pretty good job of having expanded dialogue where applicable if you brought the right person.

Cold Steel 1 was a very, very structured game and so it was always easy to know what to expect: start with a class day, then a free day, then an exam, then a field trip and rinse and repeat. Cold Steel 2 got its feet wet with a bit more non-linearity and I think that format has potential if they work on it a bit more.

But the game will be a PS4 exclusive, how will you use your PS3 and Vita saves? :^)

It's possible. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir let you transfer saves between PS3/Vita/PS4, they can easily system cock block people with the last CS game.

Same way they managed cross platform saves between PS3 and Vita,

Besides, even if it was technically impossible, they would just canonically say Rean didn't have a girlfriend at all and go into CS3 with a blank slate rather than canonize one.

Fuck I'm tired.

CS I was a far more structured and linear experience. You had little choice in how things went, you were given a location, the party you'd be allowed, and the missions you could do, and there was a general idea of what order you'd do missions in. CS II on the other hand gives the player a lot more freedom once Class VII is re-United. I suppose the trade of is that some events don't lead into one another as smoothly.
What do I know though? I have little concept of story pacing, which is probably why I'm okay with it and also like P3 in spite of the calendar system.

CS: Rean, Laura, Emma, Elliot
CS2: Rean: Sara, Fie, Emma

The only problem I had with CS2 was that Act 2 was a bit slow, dragging along especially after the excitement that was the Intermission. Though after Act 2, shit kicks up again. So yeah, the pacing was a bit messed up. But the freedom you have kinda helps with that.

There are a few ways they can fix this problem

I doubt we'll start blank since they went through the effort of making all those scenes in 1 & 2 that throwing them out would shit on it. I think they'll either use Cross-Save or just have you choose in a "recollection" sort of menu.

Is there a cooler motherfucker in any of the LoH games?

I always thought Lloyd was kind of a dork. A likeable one, but still a dork. I saw him more as an everyman than a badass.

I get that vibe too. I think his clothes just aren't all that cool looking.

On another note, is the combat in zero and ao as slow as the trails games? I really hate having to sit through some of the longer spell animations.

It has a skip function

noice. Can't wait for 3 years to pass.

Don't remind me

He looks cool but he's plenty dorky. I'll probably like him a lot if I ever played the games. He's pretty cool in Cold Steel 2. Thumbs up for staring at Rixia's ass.

Actually Falcom could make something like

That's how Bioware did it.

Also, what's this?

Is this what I think it is or just me being paranoid?

The dialogue doesn't make too much sense for me.

You're being paranoid, the fan translation had that too.

Welp, glad to know I'm the one being fucked up

Lay off Holla Forums for a while. Not everything is a liberal conspiracy.

It's a joke about how Dvorak goes around all haughty and valorous whether it makes sense or not. Her reaction implies, also, that Leyland etiquette's different and maybe evolved from old Xanadu.

What's your favorite song in The Legend of Heroes series? Mine is Heated Mind Though I find that I liked it more as Tean was coming down the mountain than I did the rest of the game. I felt it fit more there, with the snow and isolation. Also I think 2's OP is better than 1's

Forgot to post.

TItS 3's ending theme, by far. Especially after that fucking ending scene

The music in Trails is so fuckin good. It's really, really hard to choose just one from all of them.

Trails in the Sky
youtube.com/watch?v=22qqs9jucn8
youtube.com/watch?v=d-7zjsM5nQA
youtube.com/watch?v=sR6TFSqmyqw
youtube.com/watch?v=YiFqaTgjBbE

Zero/Ao No Kiseki - I haven't played them but I've heard some music from them.
youtube.com/watch?v=-azjB3lsUTU
youtube.com/watch?v=2hqr5ykpdVU
youtube.com/watch?v=TsP7WSySVfk

Trails of Cold Steel
youtube.com/watch?v=qVP_nCK0tXU
youtube.com/watch?v=DzDG5PeXgVk
youtube.com/watch?v=WHf7MUSiES4
youtube.com/watch?v=lJhL-QZfZ9M
youtube.com/watch?v=Goj8hyy_L0M

Really diggin Xanadu Next. Almost done with my first playthrough. Tryin to recommend it to friends, but they're the kind of people that are all "eww it looks like a ps2 game"

You assholes are making me wanna import it to play now. I'm trying to be patient. I played my first Ys in 2014, and have played and beaten every one in that year (minus 3 and the non cannon games). Friggin love the whole series, and every time 8 is brought up here people keep saying its the best. I cant wait til it finally comes here.

I'm in the same fuckin boat.

I need it.

Import it, fags.

No Vita. Waiting on the PS4 version.
Can't read moon, also.

And even if I could, it'd cost an arm and a leg to import it to a third world country (I just buy games digitally because it's tons cheaper than buying physical)

Finally. I've been meaning to play the Trails in the Sky games for a long time, and I finally played through the first two. I can see why people like them now. I usually play games primarily for their gameplay, even most JRPGs, and while Trails' gameplay was fine, I was much more into the characters, dialogue and story. It's been a long time since I've gotten that wrapped up in a story, or got that attached to fictional characters. I played the English versions, but I can read Japanese; I'd be tempted to start the third game tomorrow if I wasn't tired of playing JRPGs (I've played like, 30 something in the last couple years, most of them in Japanese so it's taken even more dedication). Fortunately SC didn't end on a huge cliffhanger, so I'll just hope the English version of The Third comes out within the next 6 months, I've got more than enough games to play in the meantime (I could keep myself busy for years). If it takes too long I'll have to play it before the English release though, I'm looking forward to Zero, Ao, and Cold Steel now, but I'm trying to play the Trails games in order, so it'll be quite awhile before I can get around to them.

So yeah, not really much to say, but I wanted to say it anyway. I guess I could try out the Ys series in the meantime, though I'm not sure what order to play them in. I usually just go in release order, but from what people have said, the remakes tend to be the best versions of any given game, and I think it'd be weird to play, say, the latest game and then with the next game, play the original version from 20 years ago (not that I can't, it just feels odd to go backwards as far as mechanics go like that).

Are you the guy that went through the entire Dragon Quest series last year? I've been doing the same recently.

As for Ys… it's fine to play in release order, starting from Ys Chronicles+. So, it would be I -> II -> Ark of Napishtim -> Oath in Felghana - Ys Origin -> Ys Seven -> Ys: Memories of Celceta -> Ys VIII.

You really don't want to play Ys V.

Ha, I'm surprised you remember. Yeah, I did that.

Ys V is that bad, huh? Even the PS2 remake? What's so bad about it?

It's got some of the worst music in the series, has some boring combat, and really has no relation to the rest of the Ys story besides one of the characters you are with in Ys VI. It'll eventually get a remake, probably on the Ys VIII engine if I were to hazard a guess, so just play it there whenever that happens.

I mean… play it if you want, but it's pretty bad.

…adding on that, I remembered telling you to play the Trails series, so when you mentioned playing 30+ RPGs in the last few years and had been meaning to play them, I kinda connected the dots.

Oh I forgot I mentioned that. Sorry for being a broken record.

In any case, I'll probably play the Ys games in the order you suggested. May try Ys V out of curiosity, but you make a good point about it getting remade. Thanks for the info.

Some could be destroyed but we have no evidence of that, so we have to assume the rest are either dormant or functional.

Is there a patch for the chinese PC version of Ao no Kiseki that makes it japanese?

Any reason to keep the bow on you after you used the arrow in xanadu next?

Similar to , I'll wait for the PS4 - or PC - version.
I have both a Vita and and a Vita TV, but I absolutely hate them, so patience is in order.

No, it's only a story item.

Have some screens.

Merciless Savior, which is one of the few songs that was improved in its evolution mix. Very good casting music.

That reminds me, how the fuck do you get that chest in the 5th image?

You just jump off the ledge before the chest don't use the boots.

well just fuck my shit up

Anybody got links for the Tokyo Xanadu ost?

Read the OP.

Ah, sorry about that.

No problem. Hardly anyone reads the OP of a general anyway.

So I'm tryin to get all the abilities in Xanadu Next before the final boss (I'm at the room right before the fight), and the only one I'm missing is in between "searing blade" and "jolting blade." Anyone wanna help me on where to get the item for what I'm assuming is gonna be "frozen blade?"

Also, as far as guardians are concerned, I'm missing in the right column the second one down, and the bottom right corner.

Have you found all the breakable passages in Xanadu Labyrinth? Re: Guardians, one of them's at Eternal Maze B2 (near Agnes) in a hidden room you can punch open, and the final Guardian's obtained via a side-quest. Bring the Phoenix Feather to someone knowledgeable and you'll get the key item you need to trade for the last Guardian.

Trying not to spoil too much with screens here.

I completely forgot about the Phoenix Feather quest. I already traded the feather away. Thanks for reminding me. As for your screens, a couple give me places to start looking for things I may have missed.

I couldn't find the person to give the medicine to, does she randomly turn up in the dungeon after you clear out the mobs? Or did I screw it up somehow?

One thing that sort of struck as odd but that I've grown to like over time are the power levels in the series. I mean, usually, it feels like only the main protagonists and a few antagonists are super savant master level warriors, and the few able to fight the primordial evil forces of the world. In this series, the primordial evils and ancient forces are fucking cake walks compared to the human antagonists. So many people we meet have nicknames of doom, and we're even able to take out army forces.

At first it just struck me as weird, but then I came to appreciate it as it feels like everyone's on the same level of progression, like its the norm for the world that if you dedicate yourself to fighting, you can follow the progression and get your own nickname and be super powerful. I'm just surprised that sort of thing isn't restricted to just protags. It's intriguing.

Welp. I'm halfway to level 26 now, though, so I'll be fine.

Clear out the waterfall room in Clover Ruins, then go west to the graveyard and then back to the waterfall to find her. It doesn't matter where you talk, just choose a place where she shows up after the area's empty.

If anyone is interested here is a quick history video of Y's. Super chill and comfy, dude deserves the views.

This looks really nice and adorable.
Too bad I'll never be playing it cause its not on pc.

I know it's still too early but

Dinosaur Resurrection NEVER EVER

Just found the netherworld (had already unlocked it I just didn't know an entrance opened), and final guardian. how many floors is the netherworld, and how many levels can the final guardian level up?

I also noticed your character's name is "Dabbie." As in the Ys Dabbie?

It's a bit of a pain to find PC games in Japanese, isn't it? I want to start the Ys series, figured I'd play in Japanese because I feel like it, but all I can find for the chronicles edition is the English PC version (though I found the Japanese PSP version). Though XSeed's localization of Trails in the Sky impressed me, so I guess it wouldn't be bad to play Ys in English since they localized them.

If you want to get them in Japanese digitally, Falcom has all of their Windows games up on DLsite. They also have sales on there now and again that put every Falcom game at half off.

Be aware though that the ones localized by XSEED and put on Steam/GOG usually have content added in from later console ports (like the high res assets, extra party members, and bestiary in TitS) that won't be in Falcom's original PC releases. Also as far as I know, Zwei II is the only Falcom PC game to support widescreen resolutions pre-Sara.

That's cool and a shame. Oh well, I might just buy the GoG versions and if I feel like playing them in Japanese would be fun, I can always grab the PSP versions or something. Like I said, from what I've seen with Trails, XSeed seems good enough that I don't *need* to play in Japanese (it's still fun though).

Why is Alisa the girl pushed in Cold Steel and not Emma? Of all the characters, she should be the one the writers try to insert into Rean's life considering she's supposed to watch over him as a witch. As is she hardly makes an impression if you happen to not interact with her, she just causes things to happen at times. I can't recall anytime with her as a story even in CS I like can with the other characters. She's not only poor at her job, but not even a top 4 waifu. She's not bad, but I find her underutilized.

This is what I want to know. Of all the girls Alisa is the least tied to Rean and the story at large. She's so not tied to him they had to contrive a stupid childhood memory in CS2 out of nowhere. And yet she got the most push.

Japan loves their blonde, twin-tail tsunderes.

Then why didn't they make Emma a blond tsundere? Not that I want that, but why didn't they make an important character the tsundere then?

Rean yes, the story no since her mother developed the ARCUS units. The person least tied to the story is Fie, at least until CS II when her old Jaeger group shows up.

God, I fucking hate thundered, and don't get why people like them. At best they're annoying, at worst their abusive bitches with no comeuppance, and they tend toward the worst.

For a character who should be much more important as not only Class President(which should've made her leader of Class VII and not Rean) but a lore provider and partner to Rean, it's almost amazing how easily she fades into the background for most of the story.

Essentially, they seemed to care more about about keeping her some kind of spoiler rather than just making her important from the start. It was indeed strange.

I don't wanna talk politics in this thread, but Tom just compared Nightwolve to Trump… seriously?

What a shame

I know, the Hilter comparisons are silly enough. but Trump is nothing like nightwolve.

Fuck

Xseed is bound to get cucked now. They already were with the people working there saying they don't want to do Valkyrie drive since it could offend people and also shat on Senran Kagura.

The funny part is that he says it is disrespectful to call candidates names or exaggerate things but then calls Trump hitler.

I'd call him out on his faggotry, but I apparently need to be his friend to see recent posts or something.

Please don't ruin this thread with politics. I come here to escape such tribalism.

I think people should call him out on his faggotry. Especially since he is a hypocrite and how many faggots work at xseed now who want to censor games. One of their translators defended fates and told people to learn japanese if they do not like it.

we're not

link?

That is extremely disappointing. As long as he doesn't fuck around with the games he works on, he can keep bitching and moaning.

I will end you Tom if you put an anti trump joke in Ys VIII with Dogi

agreed, and I'm sure he won't. XSEED is known for their good localizations, if they put in an anti-trump joke then that could sabotage not only their reputation but their brand as well.

Well I'm not american so I could care less about the elections, so maybe I should just stay away from imageboards for a while.

nah, it's almost done with. people should finish up within a few days

It feels like the world has living legends and powerful people. The structure of the series shows that no matter what, there's always some very strong good to counteract the powerful evil. And even if you're playing as Rean in Erebonia, Lloyd in Crossbell is fighting.

It's fucking fantastic. And then you have the legendary heroes like Victor fighting the legendary bad guys like McBurn. It's just so well put together.

Meanwhile the main characters aren't that powerful, but you can see the potential in them and watch them grow to become legendary in their own right.

Hasn't Tom always kind of been SJW-lite? I recall him fighting against censorship but saying he doesn't actually like what games like Senran Kagura etc portray.

I'm good with him as long as the localization stays good and isn't influenced by his politics. I think as long as Hatsuu is there, she'll keep Trails safe, at least.

Hatsuu shits on senran and valkyrie chronicles though.

Yeah, she shat on Senran and Valkyrie Drive. She loves Trails so she'll probably keep that safe. She probably won't extend that protection to other franchises. But we'll have to see what XSeed does in the future.

Sorry. I think I went without sleep for too long, but yeah I meant Valkyrie drive. She is also the one that defended Fates as a good translation and told people who did not like it to learn japanese and said Japanese fates was creepy. I think she deleted that post though.

Yep it's over. We can go back to what is really important: playing videogames.

Politicians always talk about how they're going to make everything great again but guess what: change never changes.

And in a few days CS2 is finally getting a Euro release!

Every sane European has already imported the game.

Time to learn moonrunes!

What the fuck

It's truly a crazy world we live in now that social media exists so people can just spew whatever they're thinking at the time instead of thinking on it and how it will bite them in the ass.

Tom can believe what he will, but so far he's shown integrity. I don't think XSEED's going to localize in a partisan way unless they get really desperate as a company, and so far they're doing more than fine. That comparison's dumb, though.

Enough politics. Time to love Sora no Kiseki (again, Jindo?).

Yeah, the sage Dabbie. I just type in whatever comes to mind.

Netherworld has 25 floors, organized in tiers of increasing difficulty (base monsters get stat increases, new monsters appear with new ways to hurt you). Each floor has a room with a chest potion, either Large Health or Magic; sometimes a variety of block puzzles (including the rare sliding-block trap) block these rooms. I've now spent 8 and a half hours figuring out how best to proceed in this dungeon, using an overpowered physical fighter build…so get ready for some challenge.

Bella Freude goes to level 3—use one or two statue upgrades on it pronto, and make sure to use Flugel wisely so you can minimize the time it takes to level with Bella Freude.

Did he seriously pull a fucking godwin? Jezus of all people i expected better of Tom.

IIRC he didn't shat on SK. He only said he kinda cringed at excessive fanservice in games but at the same time said those games have every right to exist. Remember this is the same guy who threatened to quit his job if his superiors censored Senran Kagura.

No idea why they skipped VD though. Maybe because they had their hands full and that its a Vita exclusive. Afterall they skipped Tokyo Xanadu as well much to my irritation.

Yeah, I've heard from somewhere that XSEED won't work on any Vita exclusive titles anymore, which would explain why they passed on Tokyo Xanadu, when I believe they got approached first.

If Falcom had told them about EX+ at the time, safe to say that there would be no need for Aksys.

Pretty fucking retarded if they passed up Tokyo Xanadu for that reason. Especially for a company that are self proclaimed Falcom fans.

They should just sell Vita exclusive games normally instead of inflating the costs for both them and the consumer with those CE's as the *only* physical option for games that are not well known franchises. *cough*Corpse Party Blooddrive

I just hope Aksys wont fuck up the localisation. Their work seems to really hit or miss. I'm playing through Xblaze Lost Memories now and aside from the excessive cussing of some characters to 'spice up' the dialog it seems faithful enough.
Gonna laugh my ass off if Aksys can somehow pull off dual audio though.

Meh, man's entitled to his opinion. So long as XSEED keeps doing good work, there's nothing here to get worked up over.

Agreed. I would love to read an interview on how the devs decided to "soft reboot" the Legend of Heroes series and the thought process behind the world building, because there just so much effort and intricacy seen as early as the first two Skys games, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. The World Building in these games is just absolutely astounding.

Dude, tons of Xseed employees post on tumblr and say all sorts of dumb shit. So long as they actually do their jobs, which so far they have without problems, then I don't care what political opinions they have. In fact, keeping their political opinions out of their work is the mark of a true localizing professional.

I'd be just as pissed if CS3 had a bunch of pro-Trump and praise kek memes. I don't come to localizations to get my political opinions validated. I go to see as close to the Japanese experience as I can get, and as long as Xseed keeps doing what they have been doing for years, they can believe whatever bullshit they want.

CS PC port when?
Howe Tokyo Xanadu and should buy it considering theres a better version coming out for the PS4?

You can be entitled to your opinion too, I'll continue hating Tom's guts since he thought he'd pretend to not be a libtard until he got anal ravaged like a brat.

The quad version's already been released. I tried its demo and I thought it was fun.

Yeah well it's my birthday this month so I'm having my brother/mother buy it for me. Explaining to them how to order from Amazon is too much work so Nisa it is.

Replayed Cold Steel and this time I noticed how awesome the soundtrack is.

Actually being a liberal is about giving people the freedom to enjoy something even if you don't support it. Sadly a lost art in many places because being a judgemental and spiteful cunt is all the rage. When I see how loliporn is outlawed in the UK I do worry for the future sometimes. I couldn't live with people forcing their ideology on me. It's especially poignant for those of us who enjoy Japanese entertainment: we have many enemies from both the left AND the right.
Freedom isn't free.

Any speculation on when they'll provide details for CSIII? Any upcoming events?

What are they working on now besides that? CS vs YS?

MAKE EREBONIA GREAT AGAIN

I'd guess Spring of next year. So far all we've got is Rean's new design, one in game pic, and the possibility of it being a PS4 exclusive, right?

twitter.com/bk2128/status/796595782006833152/

twitter.com/bk2128/status/796596315186728964/

In the December stockholder meeting.

Which day would that meeting be?

Can I map movement in Xanadu Next to WASD?

WHY

I thought it'd be early next year so XSeed could work on it and we'd have it during the year.

Falcom, you're fucking killing me.

I agree with you

It's the same as seeing just memes in a video game. It dates the game and is just tone deaf. Like seeing the doge meme in Zelda.

What's your least favorite thing in Falcom games, any that you've played? For me:

Trails in the Sky

Trails of Cold Steel

t h i s

I just finished it and aside from a couple of translation hiccups and models deciding to spaz out here and there I didn't find anything game breaking.

So you didn't come across the dozens of text errors or the bugged red slimes?

You were not bothered for the models going full retard or the fact that literally more than half the achievements are fucking broken, either unlocking for free or not unlocking at all?

And I'm guessing you haven't checked a Let's Play of the old japanese PC version, because then you'd know there are several cutscenes and texts automatically skipped in the Steam version.

And all that considering many resolutions and graphical options like windowed mode are completely broken.

Oh and God help you if you try to play this with a controller.

Yep. Thankfully nothing game breaking.

The game was not designed to be played with a controller to begin with.

I can play it in Windowed Mode just fine. Though it's the GoG version. Not sure about Steam.

How are the red slimes bugged? I'm genuinely asking because they seem to be a bit unfair. When you kill them and they explode, you get hit once you're in the same room.

Their blast is now supposed to cover the full room. They are supposed to explode the Wiil O Whisp.

The only text that gets skipped that the "you got tabluae/memoirs" and that's it. I didn't find any other text errors.

Oh no, what a disaster! Who would play Xanadu next with no achievements!

They aren't.

You did read my post that I did find the text errors, yes? I didn't run into bugged red slimes. I was not bothered by the spazzing models. I don't give two shits about achievements. Why would I watch a Let's Play at all? No graphical options were broken for me. Why the fuck would I play a PC game with a controller? Played exclusively mouse anyway because it was comfy. Yes, nothing game breaking.

They're meant to have a range to their explosion, like everything else. I also personally finished the game and didn't have any major complaints, but from looking at this
I probably missed a bunch of stuff that I didn't even know i was missing.

Theobald and Rodney spazzing out at random moments is the stupidest, best glitch I've seen in a while.

Whole cinematics being skipped? I've never heard of this happening in the fan-translated version. Can you link to this LP?

There's been text errors cropping up because of username length; I've only seen two models spaz out, infrequently. Most people aren't having resolution/graphics problems, so post on XSEED's forums or the Steam forums about this so Sara can find you a fix. Also, what's exactly so difficult about using gamepad? You can rebind Use Mouse, then hold that button to move and use the cursor once it's on-screen. Make sure to match the game's resolution to your monitor's if you're unable to access the lower two inventory tabs.

In the Japanese Windows version they only explode within a radius about as large as your character's width, not the whole room. You're actually supposed to break the crates manually in the room where you get the flame sword. It's annoying at first, but easy to work around if you fight each group of slimes once and then never again. Gotta grab some potions of course. Skeletons and bats provide you plenty of EXP/drops.

That basically guarantees that the PS4 version will have extra content, though. Welp, I didn't need anything to convince me to double-dip - but this helps.

>tfw her true form is a giant boar

What exactly does this mean? In Japan? In America, since it calls it Cold Steel and not Sen no Kiseki? In both? Exactly how popular is this series in Japan?

Very popular. This is worldwide sales numbers for both games bar CS2 for Europe. Japanese and Asia make up the majority of copies sold.

900k is HUGE for games in Japan. HUGE. Especially for a company the size of Falcom (about 50 people, total).

Hell, the 50k sales of Ys VIII was great for them too.

It's the waifus, man. Japan goes NUTS for social sim elements where you get to pick yo' girl. Just look at what it's done to Persona's numbers. I mean, it basically changed Atlus as a company.

Xanadu Next: If you wield a 2h weapon with 1h (using the skill), does it swing faster? It looks like it does.

It gets the one handed animations, which are faster.

Yeah, that's it. They are much faster.

Also, what are you guys' favourite guardian? I just got Greyashe. I've been using Sylphid and Frugal (the exp raising one) for most of the adventure, while I leveled up the Proficiency boost and Charisma boost ones just for grinding proficiency and buying/selling stuff.

Might work on leveling Greyashe up for the Vampiric Armlet. Worth it?

Grey Ash levels quickly and caps quickly, so go for it. If you're good at dodging tough attacks in succession, Grey Ash lets you gimp enemies so long as you don't get hurt.

Flugel, Zwerg (at mid-game), and Sylphide/Belladonna are solid Guardians worth leveling over time or instantly (save statues for Zwerg!), and then you have Celbesk for doing low-level completion if you want. Bella Freude's damn useful for rank purposes and Netherworld too. You obviously need Sorcerian/Demonkatze to make a magic knight strong, but it's best not to rely on them. I wish Vanaporte had a secondary function to make it useful outside Harlech Village, but oh well.

Seems like we might get FC Evolution in English sometime.
Nothing's impossible I guess.

That injection only works for the first chapter, then fucks up and misaligns because it's doesn't add any of the new shit, just attempts to patch in XSEED's FC script.

TLDR: will take a year or so

Zero and Ao where?

As long as it gets done.I can wait.

Wait for the fan translations ;^)

Zero's shit translation is due to drop next month.

Really? Link?

I'm fine as long as I can read it. Might be able to use my knowledge of the series to fill in the blanks caused by a shitty translation?

Anywhere I can find the PC version?

It's going to be PSP, and yeah, you should be fine.

heroesoflegend.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=80167bc2d2ac40971b6f40facbd04147

Ah darn. Well at least the PSP emulator is good. Better get to work downloading that.

Adrenaline might come soon if theflow stops being a faggot if you have a Vita on 3.60. You could play it that way.

Seems Sara is starting to do shit about Xanadu Next, primarily focusing on the messed up achievements.

Can't wait for the red slimes, the models glitches and name related text errors to be fixed so I can finally play the game.

Supposedly the patch works for the PC version too, because the script assets are identical.

Can Vita play PSX to PSP eboots? That would consolidate my shit effectively.

only the old-firmwares psVitas for now… I guess 3.20 and below.

Is there an NG+ feature in Xanadu Next? I'm already anticipating a second playthrough.

Is there a download of the PC version anywhere online?

No but you get a super hard random generated dungeon after you finish the game once.

Playing CS2. Jesus I forgot about hidden quests. I'm keeping the gamefaqs app open on my phone.

MUST NOT HAVE SEXUAL THOUGHTS

Darn. Oh well, the extra dungeon will have to do, I suppose.

You also get post-game letter and title rankings to encourage quick, low-level, low-save, &c. playthroughs.

If you've never missed anything in a Falcom game good for you user. Your autistic dedication humbles us all.

So to put Bella Freude to good use, you level down to 1, then just grind your way back up while having that Guardian equipped?

Yes. It doesn't take that long, since you can use the Dragonslayer to fight stronger enemies and you get stronger faster thanks to Bella Freudes bonus.

Also level Bella Freude to Level 3 first. I left two statues unused for just that purpose.

Is it recommended to do during Strangerock or afterwards?

I did it during Strangerock.

I did it after beating the game, or else the final boss would be a joke.

God damn we should have got Altina in the class instead of Millium.

But then burch would've voiced your waifu instead.

More than likely we'll be seeing a lot more of her in CS3, since she works for Osborne now, and will probably be considered an Ironblood by the time CS3 rolls around. And since Rean works for Lechter (who works for Osborne), Rean will probably be one too

Nah, Fie and Laura would remain unburched.

I could actually see them choosing her for Fie.

That's fucking horrifying.

Honestly, Burch's retard moe voice is one of the few times I can actually stand her. I discovered this after playing through all of Persona Q and not knowing until after the fact that she was Rei. Any other type of voice she tries to do fucking sucks, but simple minded "cute" characters seem work well enough that I at least don't notice any problems.

I want Burch defenders to hang themselves tbh

What am I missing?

You mean the 3rd? Next year, bro

Naw man, SC sold like shit so FC will never get to the west.

You need the Blood Lotus from Castle Strangerock. It's in a chest that disappears when you step on the wrong areas in the room. Use the spectacles to see where you can't step.

Guess I must have missed a room or something in Strangerock. Dang.

It's from the room, before the room with the phoenix wing, north and then to the west.

I think I know what you're talking about. I might have missed a doorway there.

I agree.

What're you talking about? The Third comes in Spring 2017. We even have screens from it somewhere.

sage for doublepost

After playing for so long, I finally witnessed a model spazzing out.

I saw one the very first time I went to the Inn.

Finished Xanadu Next. What a really nice ending. Actually kinda teared up a bit at the ending text. Didn't expect that. Also didn't expect to having to stab the black bride.

Theobold started spazzing the fuck out when he and the rest were restrained in Castle Strangerock. It was really amusing.

I said I can stand one of the voices she does to the point where it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't say it was good. Just passable to the point where its not distracting. That's hardly a "defense."

So what was the point of raising the infernal tower in CS II? Vita only seemed interested in Crow's desires and fight with Rean, not Duke Cayenne's revenge scheme. She got really pissed off when he actually fucking used it, so why did she even allow him to summon it if it wasn't intended to be used? It just seems odd to me.

It probably has something to do with the Azure Tree in Crossbell. Plus Vita might not have wanted the tower to be used like that, but maybe Ouroboros does?

Based on previous games and the Black History, having two knights clash in a specific way is part of the unlocking/summoning ritual for the Septerrion(s).

Erebonian history seems regulated by the Knights and Witches, with the whole thing being a big rote clockwork dance.

Vita's the second Anguis, though. From the way she reacted she wasn't expecting Cayenne to do what he did, which would mean the group went behind her back.

What's the Black History? And I guess that makes sense considering Vita's comments near the end. I think she mentioned something about only two knights being awakened this time around.

New Game Plus. Gives a bit more backstory and sequel hook and also changes the way you look at two characters.

Instructor Thomas is the Second Dominion and Rosine is his squire

Extra story content in NG+? Damn, how interesting. Any advice on what bonuses to take on a first NG+ in CS 1 and 2?

If you just want to blaze through next playthrough:

-Levels
-Items
-Book
-Quartz/slot

My reasoning for taking quartz/slot over money/sepith is I cashed in all my money and sepith in the last dungeon to buy all the phantasmal mirrors and level up everyone's slots. I figured in NG+ I wouldn't even need money then. At least for a long time into the game.

Ys and Trails at sale on GOG

gog.com/promo/20161118_weekend_promo_dotemu_xseed

Time to nab Ys Origin since I've never played it.

Do the outfits in Gurumin affect your stats or anything?

Is the order in which I spend time with my other classmates in ToCS FC terribly important?
I guess there'll be some forking involved, but is there a way to mess up big time?

There is no forking. You don't even need to be present for them to undergo their character development. They will go through it whether you are present or not. Just pick the ones you like the most.

That's really laid back, thank you for that information.
Time to hang out with my homeboys Eliot and Gaius.

You can pick a waifu too, if you want.

Let him get s Brofu if he wants, the option's there.

Not really considering that at the moment.
Laura seems to be the most approachable to me, and I think she and Rean might become good friends. Alisa - I personally can't really stand her type. She's annoying, a real busybody, I wouldn't want to spend time with her. As things go, she'll probably end up to be the canon choice. I hope I'll be able to prevent that.
I don't trust Emma. Something about her seems off. No reason for Rean to doubt her, though; I don't think they'd make a good pair, in any case.
Fie seems to be pleasant to have around, but shows little interest in others. Maybe Rean will be able to change that. She's kind of really small, however.
Sara really flaunts herself. I like her assertive nature and the fact that she values both beer and lazyness, but I don't think Rean is interested in her like that at all.

You can. Laura is indeed a choice (my personal one at that). Alisa, Laura and Emma are the most straight up romantic choices. Fie is close but not explicate. Sara says she'd wait for you. It doesn't really come to a head until CS2, though. But yeah, the person you pick basically is the only time it matters.

And yeah, you can bro it out too if you don't want to romance anyone.

Also, yes, Alisa a shit. I think pretty much everyone here agrees on that.

Yeah, they really can bond well due to their interests as swordsmen.

She's not a busybody really, she's just a tsundere. I'm finally doing my nightmare run and I just got to Celdic. That morning, Alisa apologized for being a bitch, acknowledged and took responsibility for her faults, and tricked me into thinking she'd be a better character from there. I was wrong.

Glad I'm not the only one she set red flags off about. Made a post about it earlier. It's nothing to worry about, her pet is a more important character than she is.

I honestly believed Fie was an android my first play through. She's actually pretty funny and ended up my #2 girl in CS I.

Sara's a cake virgin putting on airs. She has moments in I, but doesn't really shine until II. She's now my tied with Laura favorite girl.

It is easily the best Ys.

Seriously, Laura, Sara and Fie are the best. Although I really love Emma too. She was nothing at first but then slowly grew on me. Alisa is the worst romantic option. I would say Millium but their relationship is more like siblings. There are other characters you can try to waifu but they also end up being more platonic than romantic. Like Alfin and Towa.

I keep hearing that that's Ys VIII which I desperately want.

But if is Origin is as good as you say then it'll tide me over for a while.

Haven't played VIII yet but Origins is everything good about Napishtim and Felghana without the faffing about and backtracking.

I was waiting for them to get on sale since a while. I'm getting those four Ys games. I've just played the first one on my PSP, but I had a blast with it. Time to try the others

Jesus Sharon IS A BEAST.

She's ridiculously overpowered. I'm using her crafts combined with a vanish gem and she can put any monster group to near death.

Luckily I play games for fun and not achievement so I don't care if it is too easy.

Oh and she makes excellent tea.

Alfin's is still pretty romantic though? I mean she still wants the rean bean, but she just has to discuss with elise

Sharon is a beast, which is why you don't get her very long.

Alfin went from wing girl to Elise to trying to set up a three way.

This is definitely accurate.

Possibly, but during the epilogue scenes it doesn't have anything to suggest that she was going to gun for Rean. It's more like she was going to support Elise.

At first she just teased Rean to try an goad Elise into making a move, but over the course of CS2 it's pretty clear to see she starts to fall for Rean for real. In her dorm event she talks about this and says she now feels really guilty because she's happy she knows things about Rean that Elise doesn't. Then she basically seems to come to the conclusion that a threesome is the only solution, which is the conclusion her brother would have come up with too.

I never want to romance anyone in these games.

THERE'S A WAR GOING ON you don't have time for this emotional bullshit, maybe a quickie to relieve stress but other than that focus on your task. Get in the robot Rean.

And you're a high school student who only takes part in it sometimes by proxy. You can take the time to get a gf, man.

Nigger

There should be more Duvalie.

Oh, we'll need a new bread soon.

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD