Is Red Dead Redemption really that good or it is just overrated baloon? I am doubtful about that it is worth 29...

Is Red Dead Redemption really that good or it is just overrated baloon? I am doubtful about that it is worth 29.99 dolar?

Im pretty sure you can get it a lot cheaper, about how good it is eh. Does GTA in a western setting appeal to you?

Is like every GTA, pretty casual, the whole thing feels like a tutorial, and MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES.

Of course its overrated as fuck by console kiddies but it looks pretty good for a console game and there isnt any other old west open world game that is better

pretty mediocre, cracks me up mustards are still dying for it. Get it for $10.

I actually like the setting. Outlaws from Lucasarts is still one of my favorite games.

Then its worth getting

I've been replaying recently. It's aged pretty well, and it's better than GTAV with it's shit satire.

thanks user. I will buy it used so worth++ in every way.

Where do you live in where it costs $30? Its still good but it should be much cheaper by now.

Console exclusives always get overrated. Seeing the drop in opinion of a game once they receive pc ports is always amusing.

I firstly thought about getting it on xbox store so i could play it xbone and then later scorpio with its sequel rdr 2. But buying used seems to be more sensible. Not worth 30 dollars yet worth playing.

It's over-rated. Console fags love it because it's not on PC and some PC players love Rockstar shit for some reason. TBH the only thing going for the game is if you like the setting, but even then you have to put up with presentation that is subpar because Rockstar are fucking incompetent and to compound matters it runs on last-gen tech that was already out-dated when it launched.

You shouldn't have to pay more than $10 for RDR even without shopping around.
It's worth it at that price.

It's overrated as fuck, not a bad game, but some people think way too much of it.
The game is alright, somewhat dull in some aspects, some missions can get boring and resource gathering can get repetitive.
The setting and theme is really nice, we never get that and is probably the reason why it got so much attention.
I suggest getting a CFW PS3, downloading all the exclusives and enjoy.

GUN (ps2) > RDR

EVERY FUCKING TIME

salt builds up over time

It's pretty much just a prototype of GTA V but in the wild west. If you like GTA V, or any of the previous GTA games starting with III, and you also enjoy the western/cowboy theme, then you'll like this. It's nothing new in terms of gameplay. It's your typical open world fare. There are mini games and other side activities you can participate in, such as:
-carriage racing
-poker
-five finger filet
-hunting
-horse breaking
-timed item acquisition missions (i.e. collect X item within the time limit)
-bounty hunting missions (i.e. go to a place on the map, kill the bandits, and bring a VIP back into town alive)
-bandit hideouts (i.e. go to a prominent location/landmark on the map and clear the place of bandits)
-random encounters (various events happen in the world as you explore i.e. you may encounter a woman on the side of the road who will ask for help; she will either try to hijack your horse or legitimately ask you to take her into the nearest town)
-sidequests (NPCs will have specific tasks for you to complete that offer a small plot that gets resolved when you complete the mission; these are not related to the main storyline)
-frontiersman challenges (there is basically a "journal" with a checklist of things for you to do, i.e. kill X number of specific animal or use X weapon to get X headshots, or kill X amount of foes.)

Most of this shit is done for its own sake, and has no real significance. For instance, you can dedicate yourself to being the best bounty hunter you can be, and bring in every single bounty alive, but the game will just endlessly spawn more bounties for you to undertake, and they repeat. In other words, once you've captured them all, the same suspects just appear again on the same places on the map. You'll be doing the same mission over and over, and your only reward is money that you don't really need. You can go hunting and sell the items to local shops, but again, there's no real reason to do this because the only reward is money, and you'll have no trouble getting this. In fact, it's easier to say that the reward for most of these activities is money; you don't need money because you acquire all the firearms in the game by simply playing through the story or by completing bandit hideouts, so money is a sort of useless resource. The Frontiersman challenges will unlock new outfits for Marston, but that's about it. You don't need these items, they're just there to alter your appearance.

There is a reputation system, but it doesn't effect anything in the story, and it has a minimal impact on the way NPCs treat you. Your reputation is represented by a gauge on the bottom of the screen. It appears neutral at the start, and your actions will tip it in either direction. Random encounters and sidequests influence your reputation, so, for example, you may come across a bandit holding a traveler hostage, and if you ignore them, your reputation as a scoundrel will go up, whereas you'll be considered a hero if you save the traveler. At certain reputation levels you get various "perks" or "consequences". Sometimes random NPCs will approach you and give you gifts, for example, and it may be easier for a hero to escape from the law when he's committed a crime. Conversely, scoundrels will be attack on sight and constantly chased down by lawmen.

Aside from all this, it's your typical Rockstar open world game. Most missions involve doing favors for major and minor characters who are relevant to the plot. The early missions are tutorials for mechanics that come into play in the open world, and later missions are what you'd expect from GTA; go to a place, shoot some guys, then chase down a target before a cutscene happens; minigun/shooting gallery sections; go to a place, collect a thing, and fight your way out; complete the objective within the time limit.

So, that's it. If you don't like Rockstar open world games, you'll probably get bored with this game fast. The online is broken, don't even try it.

I had much more fun with it than a modded GTA. Undead Nightmare is also pretty cool.

This game is definitely superior to that shit…

And I mean GTA V by this.

pssh… nothin personnell… kid…

It's GTA in a Western setting. That's literally all it is. It has a coherent story. It hast he gameplay you expect from GTA. If you like GTA and are cool with cowboys and indians then you will like this. I enjoyed it. The multiplayer never really picked up but I didn't get it for that. I am, however, looking forward to what kind of multiplayer they come up with for RDR2.

It's really shit. RDR has a better grasp on ti's setting. GTAV is just there to push it's shit satire, while screaming about how both sides are dumb.

thematically speaking, I agree. Mechanically, however, they're essentially the same game with a different coat of paint.

True, though I just prefer the minigames from RDR as well since it actually makes sense to have them.

Maybe for $20 due to age, but sure, it's a great game. Better than GTA IV or GTA V are, comparable to GTA San Andres. Shame multiplayer is all but dead.

it's literally the best game ever made, and if you disagree your a butthurt pcbaby

It was very overrated.

I was mocking your use of ellipses, you nerd.

o…kay… …

The combat sucks dick and the game is full of it. I think the worst part I can remember was a 30 minute train ride where you have a gatling gun and all you do is mindlessly mow down banditos on horseback.

The setting was alright and the horse animations were pretty good though.

it's the best GTA game

I bought RedDeadRedemtion new for 20€. It was the PS3 GOTY (+Nightmare DLC) and I'd say it was worth it. but seriously: when everyone was like "there's nothing to do in the game", I was somewhat unbelieving. A Western GTA game surely has some great content. But the game is barren, at the end of the game i found myself hunting for the collectibles, which i normally ignore. what little there is, is great, but there's not much of it.
and multiplayer is buggy.

Yeah it's a great western game. I usually hate rockstar, but God damn Red Dead is amazing. Although you should be able to get a copy for cheaper then $30.

Wait what? Even Goystop charged me only 15 € for the GOTY version, and the non-GOTY one goes for 7 or 8 €. And that's clearly worth it. I'm currently playing through it.

It's pretty good OP, but like pretty much all open world games made around that time, there's nothing to do other than missions. The world is big and pretty, but it's so empty and boring once you finish the main quest. Idk it's fun for a while and you can tie up hookers to train tracks. 8/10

When it comes to the setting I think it is one of the best. Problem I had however is that some side missions get boring as fuck especially the hunting.

This I recommend too, GUN is a gem everyone should play

Good but overrated. It's on the pile of open world games where the game is actually hurt by having an open world, because it's so empty and boring and getting around becomes a monotonous chore, just like The Witcher 3.

Were all GTA games so blatant and obvious with the satire and I just missed it back then?
Don't get me wrong, sometimes I like it, for example GTA4's car radios got my smiling most of the time(Being an actor has made me an expert in a lot of things) but after a while it feels smug and shit.

Yes. If you like westerns and cynical old men then you'll probably have fun.
No buy it used or something Jesus Christ.

it's overrated. best part of the game was the multiplayer which i'm sure is dead as shit by now.

It's literally gta4 with horses that the shitposting autists that we left back on cuckchan blew out of proportion so they could post le golden faec man in console war threads.
That's it.

Shooting people in the head is kinda satisfying to watch I guess.

Name ONE game where you can't do that.

Doom

Yeah but is it near the standard of classic westerns or a weak imitation? Rockstar can be hit and miss in this area (though still better than most).

here's a few tips if you are going to play it buy the red dead redemption game of the year edition it comes with the undead nightmare dlc and a hardcore mode in the vanilla game that increases the difficulty
also the ps3 version of the game has worse quality then the 360 version

If you want to play RDR, buy the Xbox 360/One version.

Well the multiplayer is dead because it's unplayable. The servers were hacked, Rockstar fixed it once then it got hacked again so they stopped caring about it.
It's a shame because it was quite a fun multiplayer.

The game's alright.
Music is fantastic, though. Deadeye both ruins the game and is the only way to really play it on consoles.

Every exclusive is over-rated because faggots act like faggots.

I played it towards near the end and got my console stolen. No desire to replay it. Not a bad game but not the masterpiece people claim it to be. 19.99 is a bit pricy see if you can find it in a bargain bin.

It's fun, but it's just GTA w/ cowboys. Pretty much teh only reason I like it is beacuse of that aesthetic alone.

The game has got pacing issues. Low moment 1/2 way (mexico, also fuck that raft ride). picks up again sorta in the last 3/4/ but overall it's nothing AMAZING, but I enjoyed my playthrough cause Im a fucking sucker for decent cowboy games.

I am curious, why was there hardly any R34 of Red Dead Redemption?

As others have said, it's definitely overrated far too frequently as if it's the be-all end-all of vidya. But it's still quite good and it's one of those games that everyone should play through once, if only for the story, the atmosphere, the setting, and the soundtrack.

Everyone goes on about it and for good reason, but the moment when you reach Mexico is one of the best moments in a game ever purely because of the song.

Without reading other posts, I'll give an honest opinion. It's not worth 30 dollars. "Good" is subjective. I'd call it fun and comfy, but a "good" game implies, to me, some sort of challenge and Red Dead Redemption is just too easy.

If you like westerns or pretending to be a cowboy, you may enjoy it. If you stick to earning 100%, you'll probably sink around 70 hours into this game. And there is absolutely no replay value. Most of the time in-game you'll be spending riding your horse.

Sp ask yourself this: how much would I be willing to spend for the privilege of riding a horse around circa 1914 texas for 70 hours? For me, that answer was zero. And I really enjoyed playing this game for free.

Its a bit overrated. The world was cool, it had THE best horse riding physics ever made in any game, and it was fun to just go on hunting trips in the game to make some money by selling pelts.

But the actual story was quite bad apart from a couple parts (such as the quests when Marston has returned home and he is bonding with his son, and the ending was really good).

Also in the typical cuckstar fashion it had pretty blatant SJW propaganda in it, which I think especially does not belong in a game set in 1908!

considering how GTAV was such an incredibly underwhelming game when compared to its "critical acclaim" it's probably just as good as generic triple a trash like far cry or asscreed

It's good.

It's also not worth 30 seeing as it's like 10 years old.

So just pirate it.

RDR also pushes shit leftist satire. Or did you already forget those numerous scenes in RDR where injuns were portrayed as a noble people and whites as evil?
Not very historically accurate. The Amerindians truly were some violent and savage pieces of shit.

First 1/4 of the game - 7/10

2/4 - 6/10

3/4 - 8/10

4/4 - 10/10

Undead Nightmares - 9/10

Pirate it in the very least before you read too many spoilers.

It's a fun game. Better than GTA 5. As far as if it's worth $30 that's entirely up to you. I'm poor and $30 might as well be a million dollars as far as I'm concerned so I'd say no, it's not worth $30. But if you make more money than me (which is $0 a year) then it might be worth it.

RDR was made by Rockstar San Diego, aka not the same people who made GTA V, but you're probably just pretending to be retarded.

Learn some history m8.

LOL. How would you react if some foreigners came and started taking everything from you. Fuck off back to Holla Forums you ignorant, cock sucking faggot.

To be fair baitmaster, the tomahawk chuckers who survived the smallpox plagues, land encroaching settlers, and general European superiority were the most cruel and brutal warrior groups. Peace was never an option.

Hmm, I wonder how we'd react in this scenario…

Exactly. In the exact same manner as the people the other guy is claiming are "savage pieces of shit". The natives of this country got the absolute shit end of the stick and I wish they would've killed every single last one of my ancestors just so that they could've saved their land and kept at least one piece of actual free land in this world. Instead it got overrun by zionists, greedy bankers, and corrupt moraless industrialists who destroyed every single natural resource available and turned the entire land into one giant super prison where the inmates don't even realize they're incarcerated. Fuck us. The Indians were literally living in paradise and we fucked it all up.

gosh, and I thought the noble wild didn't have land ownership..

Here, read this 6th grade lesson on Different Views of Land Ownership. Hopefully it will help you understand why you're a fucking retard. You should've picked this up in elementary school but you obviously suffer from severe learning disability so hopefully I can assist you.

Did you even play the game turbonigger? the last parts of the game have you fighting the natives which are commanded by Dutch, the last guy the government wants you to catch
Pretty much the only noble savage in the game is the one that works with some quack professor from Yale and even then he got killed by his own kind noble savage dindu nuffin. Heck, in one of the last missions you gun down the lot of them, what narrative it's trying to push by having you to kill a whole fucking tribe of savages?
If anything it pushes more libertarian messages, since if you don't pay attention to the characters, pretty much all of them hate the big govt meddling with their own affairs, too bad for them the wild west is going to end soon enough.
Yeah right we all know how that turned out

Is that movie decent?

go get scalped or something.

Upvoted and saved.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. There were and still are injuns, they just live on reservations. In RDR, there are hundreds of injuns who are members of that one guys robber gang.

Yes, the Amerindians were the savage ones.
Doesn't sound like you're talking about Europeans. Because almost all of the American landmass first of all was not even inhabited by humans when Europeans arrived, it was empty and free for settling. Belonged to nobody.
Secondly the Amerindians had no concept of land ownership or territory, how can you take something that does not belong to them? They should have determined clear borders for their tribal territories. Secondly the Amerindians did hostile attacks on peaceful European settlements just as much if not more than European colonist militaries did on their tribes. There is no such thing as a war where only one side is guilty.

Gee, I wonder. Oh wait, that's literally fucking happening RIGHT NOW to the white race, and you are not opposed to that you hypocrite fuck.

Fuck off back to Holla Forums you ignorant cunt. You clearly know nothing of history. Your head is full of Jewish propaganda.

It's aged a hell of a lot better than GTA 4 or 5.

You cucks just get everything wrong.
First of all, they weren't and are not natives. Amerindians are Asians that migrated to America over the Bering strait from Siberia.
Secondly, they are not Americans. You say "of this country", but this country USA was founded and built by white Europeans, not by Amerindians. They have no claim to the nation. There was no country in North America when they were the only ones on the continent.

Pathetic race traitor cuck

The Zionists came later. They sure have royally fucked everything up lately. However, "destroyed every single natural resource" is so wrong you make me laugh. USA is full of natural resources, it is a very resource rich land today, and has some of the biggest forests on the planet.

They were uncivilized savages that raped and scalped each other for 10 000 years for the laughs.

So you're saying you indeed do not remember anything? Because RDR was full of SJW propaganda. It very blatantly did. Just because you don't remember any of those cases doesn't mean it's not there. Rockstar has been like this for a while now.

Yes.

Nice picture.

And they were all completely docile and tame by that time. It would be like comparing 1960 Germany to 1939 Germany. You want to know why injuns weren't portrayed as bad as historically they were in RDR? Because all the ones that were scalping people were dead. There weren't any raiding farmsteads in 1911 which is why you didn't see any.

memory's been cloudy since i played RDR 3 years ago
fine then enlighten me on the examples

Just imagine the world we would live in today if we just didn't give them reservations and their own little "nations" to play with.

Anyway, there was no real unity among the tribes and they fought each other all the time. On top of that, you might have befriended one tribe and then the next one is going to try to kill you, rape your women, and all the other shit that goes along with that.

When people cry about those poor native americans I can't help but fucking laugh.
Also here is the one fucking truth about it..if they were truly a society that should have survived then maybe they should have fought harder? Maybe they should have developed some sort of technology that would have allowed them to actually fight on the same fucking level.

I'm not into any sort of racist shit but so many people blame white europeans for the world's ills and yet when you look into the past you see almost NOTHING going on in the rest of the world.
While the Aztecs were sacrificing fuckers on the tops of stone pyramids there were Universities being founded in Europe.
Just fuck everything and fuck your worshiping of savages that without European intervention would probably still be fucking around with bows and arrows.

Because the only character worth fucking is a seamstress that spends too much time tending to her cattle, she's really snarky also btw

Read Dead Redemption is ok, but hardly a must-play.

Why not?

It's definitely not perfect but it's one of those games where I rarely play it but when I do, I play for hours without noticing.

Alright, just don't complain about Jews then.

Whomever made that is in desperate need of a massacre.

This. There only around 2,000,000 Native Americans when the Europeans showed up. There are actually more of them in America now than there were back then.

The small population is one of the main reasons they never advanced beyond the stone age hunter-gatherers. They were never overpopulated, so they were never forced to develop a real society.