Lets talk about shmups Holla Forums. What do you like? What do you don't like?

lets talk about shmups Holla Forums. What do you like? What do you don't like?

More importantly what kind of pilot are you?

Why does the red one fly into the sun for its special?

Well thats a pretty shit special

Do-Donpachi and Darius Burst.

What was that new indie shmup? I remember seeing it posted in the OP of the shmup thread maybe three weeks ago.

Third type obviously

Blue Revolver?

Yeah, that's the one, thanks

Tyrian.

What is the point of that? A multiplier doesn't do anything if you can't shoot dudes for points.

Only kill bosses and the multipler will take effect. I dunno man I just made it up I don't think a game does it

That sounds like the worst idea for a shooting game ever.

I don't like ones like Mushihimesama Futari Black Label where the highest difficulty isn't 1CCable without luck and the hardware can't really even handle it. I don't like the kind of person who insists that kind of mess is the pinnacle of the genre even though earlier touhous on lunatic were as hard without that bullshit; they remind me of the ddr 'MAX' and speedcore faggots.
I also loved Raiden II and probably went through $100 in 1996 learning to 1CC it. Is it working fully with emulators, now? That pic's given me the itch again. It's the pinacle of classic pre-hell shmups, imo.
And I'm liking Rabi Ribi so far and also liking that my wife unexpectedly sounds interested in wearing bunny ears and a tail plug for me. Merry Christmas to me.

it's shit yo. gimmick + anti-gimmick band-aid is not a good design.

it's type 3 but slower and arguably better

Type 4 shouldn't exsist in SHMUPs
You're basically rewarding the player for NOT shooting 'em up. Why the fuck even play this game then? Just play a real life walking sim and fuck off.

so basically you only have
Type 1 the speeder with an offensive shield
Type 2 the arsenal with more guns as a backup

I'll take type 2.

black bull every day

IS TOUHOU A SHMUP?

I like ones with odd mechanics, like grab. Cotton Boomerang is one of the best shmups I've played in my life because of the grab/punch mechanic and how well integrated juggling is.

I havent played many of them, but I play Ballpoint Universe: Infinite once in a while. What does Holla Forums think about it?

Yes

I assume the red special is a screen-clearing smart bomb or something?

Anyway, red is always the correct answer.

Of course, but not a good series of shmups

I like the ones where the bullets don't cover over fifty percent of the screen so you can reasonably tell what's going on at a glance.

In other words, I don't play many shmups.

It's okay, just kind of a meh shooter. Artwork is fantastic though got it sale for like 50 cents so can't complain.

I love you, user

Not usually an issue unless you're playing danmaku

No gay shit in the shmup thread

why

nobody has ever told me they love me except after I post a fresh loss edit

Only played non-bullet hell games, such as pic relates, but I want to try them. Which is best for bullet hell, and what makes them good compared to other styles?

Crimzon Clover: World Ignition would be a good transition game

kill me pete

Your parents love you, even if you don't think they do. You should call your mom.

All shmups are trash that only autistic weebs and nips enjoy

Beat Hazard does it.

Small hitbox.
Fast ship.
Horizontal scrolling.
Stage collision.
Manual power ups.

Bullet sponges.
Vertical scrolling.
Gradius V

How is one type of scrolling better than the other?

Battle Garegga Remake for PS4 getting a giant collector's edition, but the game is a download code. Fuck it all.

Autism mah boi

They're called shoot-em-ups, not shoot-em-rights

Most screens are horizontal.
Human field of view is horizontal.

Fuck off commie.

How do you fags feel about R-Type Final anyways? I had shit for arcades when I was younger so the only shmups I've played were either shitty flash games, and the afore mentioned PS2 game.

I'm trying to love Darius Burst CS, but it's kinda hard. The stages feel like mishmashes of bits of stages

Yeah, that makes sense. There's something innately satisfying about going left-to-right, but maybe games just conditioned me to feel that way.

Triss has seen more wieners than Oscar Meyer, you really want to fuck that? Your dick will melt in the acid that is her gaping pussy.

shit fucking sucks
good thing I have the SS port

Homing Missiles =/= Homing Bullets. I'll admit it had me thinking the same way for a bit, but still.

Like horizontal and vertical, classic and manic and bullet hell.

I don't like shitty autistic scoring systems that penalize single mistakes to an obscene degree or scoring systems that force the player to play in an entirely unnatural manner. I don't like all the poor action game design choices that usually characterize Euroshmups. I really hate 3D graphics in 2D games and it bothers me more in scoots 'n' shoots than any other genre.

Mah nigga, the Treasure cocksucker love for Gradius V pisses me off to no end.

Obviously the bottom option is the best and thus this is a horrendously designed game.

I want to fuck clownpiece

is there rhythm-based shumps?

not sure how it is for Gradius 1 and 2 but in Gradius 3 you can individually select your options by pressing right on that screen.

In the same sense that Skyrim is technically an RPG.

There are people who like it?

Are there any dungeon crawler shmups?
Also, post your favorite unconventional shmups.
Erotic shmups are nice too

Mushihimesama and some other games make it so that killing big enemies on the screen will turn all bullets on the screen into points. Don't kill a bunch of enemies and then kill the big guy to rake in a ton of points.

Even better, it's actually "homing missies". But since it's a black one it should probably be saying "homing missus" instead.

post shmups that strayed from the usual formula in one way or another

I guess you could mention Rabi Ribi, especially if you go for a Ribbon-only clear.

Don't play that card user, you don't know what his family is like m8

Reminder that Radiant Silvergun is better than your favourite shooter.

Maybe if your favorite is Tyrian.