Infinite Warfare players on Windows 10 Store cant play with Steam users

archive.is/ZVFbd
Between this, the massive file size, blocking MW's remake behind an 80-100 dollar paywall, the mixed reception, is CoD on its way out, or are we going to move away from space/future settings and back to modern war/old war settings?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QnVjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do people call AW/Black ops 3/ghosts "space/future"

IW is the only actually future CoD game.

also, I fucking hope not, the jet pack shit and IW's space stuff is the only interesting thing that CoD has done in over a decade

I knew this game would be dead on PC in record time but wow they couldn't have shot themselves in the foot any better.

Another notch to add to stupid shit people will have to put with. I don't care for CoD but I wish devs would make every non competitive shooter multiplatform. I just want to play EDF 4.1 and bunch of other racing & co-op titles with my old PS3 buddies who moved on to PS4 Doesn't help that my old PC buddies just want to assfaggots all day

why tho? The amount of spy10 users is comparable to the vista crowd. They'll have like 10k players to play with, max.

Fucking phone inserted the spoiler tag at the end there.

After the whole "let's downvote every IW video on Youtube because we hate jetpacks so we'll buy the pozzed BF1" bullshit, I think Infinite Warfare could be the last CoD to take place in a futuristic setting.

I agree, it's the first "futuristic" CoD to actually take a risk by going to space (at least in the campaign).

I wish they made more co-op content in Call of Duty (outside of the zombie mode). CoD Ghosts is the worst CoD but it had some good ideas like Squad mode. Extinction was just a reskin of the zombie mode but it was fun.
The multiplayer is too focused on "muh esports" so the fun aspect is completely gone.

What are you? Some kind of ignorant dudebro stuck in 2006?

AW > BLOPS3 > BLOPS2 > BLOPS1 > WaW > 2 > 1 > MW > MW2 > Ghosts > MW3 > 3
(note that it has been awhile since I played anything before BLOPS1 so this might not be too accurate)

Though keep in mind AW is maybe a 6/10 at best. I only have played all these because my brother buys every single one so once he gets bored I play it for awhile to see if they've suddenly stopped being shit. I'll find out how IW is probably in a month when I visit parents again.

Shit, this really seems like Microsoft is slowly trying to take a bite out of valve

so its not in multiplayer
why do i ever show interest in anything

IW has actually the better multiplayer, but it doesn't help that this game gets yearly releases, next year they switch the aesthetics with 360noscope stuff everyone will be back

So, this post added nothing besides you coming up with a ranking out of your ass that you yourself aren't sure of. Good job, user.

To answer the OP, CoD has been on the decline for many years now. Activision's cashcow is slowly dying and it is wonderful.

I haven't played all of them, but for me it would go something like:
1/UO > WaW > 2 > BLOPS 2 > BLOPS 3 > MW1 = BLOPS 1 > 3 = Finest Hour > MW2

I managed to get enjoyment out of all of them except MW2. Treyarch at least try to switch things up with their new releases, but I couldn't stand MW2 and haven't played any non-Treyarch ones since. Black Ops 3 would probably be among the best in the series if the majority of weapons weren't hitscan, which detracts quite a bit from the extra mobility you have.

From what I've seen during the beta, the gameplay is the same as in Black Ops 3 (let's hope that the servers aren't as bad), the only difference is the skybox (most maps are based on different places in the solar system). It's a reskin of BO3 (which was CoD-ified version of Destiny). No space dogfights in multiplayer.

how? the way i see it is don't buy it on windows store or you can't play it with friends or a massive community

Advanced Warfare was the last acceptable CoD. The jetpack adding more verticality to gameplay was a game changer for CoD. It's not particularly new to gaming but for CoD it was a nice addition. Made by a company that hadn't been shitting them out every other year. IW/Treyarch need to be retired. No ideas, no ingenuity. Infinite warfare beta was horrible. Slowest CoD yet. I don't know how they pulled that off. The jetpacks are so much shittier than the ones in AW too. Maps are ass. Laughable that they debuted the beta with MW2 maps. Continuously pushing that pay for shit you already paid for scam that CoD kiddies just keep eating up. Infinite Warfare, with it's MW2 maps and MW1 remaster is proof that Activision knows CoD's golden age has passed when they're selling it entirely on the work of older games.

It would be if normalfags had gone back to watching their sports or sitcoms but they're just lapping up other shit instead.

Did they have an MW2 map? When I saw that I had no idea what it was.

good, why do you want to play with cancer?

They had the airport map from MW2. It was "different/remastered" made to look more futuristic in details, new paint job, but the exact same map.

fuck

Any cod that doesn't have fucking jetpacks is good in my books. They really pissed me off when they fucked with the movement system in their latest games.

Where the fuck did you come from?

I thought nearly every weapon in all of these games was hitscan? And for gameplay purposes "projectiles that travel so fast you can't dodge them" are effectively hitscan.

You are a retarded faggot, the jetpacks have been the only redeeming quality to these shitty babby's first shooters (other than some gimmicks in BLOPS1 singleplayer). At least in the last two there is a little bit of skill in your abliity to utilize their verticality and momentum shifts from air dodging to fake out enemies. All of the others have you running around through molasses with zero verticality because it's just too hard for consoletards to look upwards when shooting. It gets even worse when you account for the fact that your weapons are pretty much useless unless aiming down your sights which slows you down even more.

Please play a real shooter some time in your life user, if it absolutely must have shiny gwafix you can play UT4 otherwise Quake 3 will do. If you are dead set on only playing casulbabby retard games and getting mad when they begin to show a slight modicum of decent gameplay design then you should just kill yourself and rid this world of one casual.

Try this for size

Now that's some advance cancer right there. Next thing you know people who got a pre-order from gamestop can only play with people who pre-order as well. Which totally will happen sometime in the near future and somehow last a few years due to deep pockets.

This is a Microsoft decision not Activision. They've been pushing for a walled garden for years. This is their move.

Ghost dad did that

Windows is trying to create a gated community, where the only possible source of the vast majority of software is the Windows store. Naturally, they cannot do it all at once, else the customers would rebel, so they'll do it slowly. First, they spread around win10 for free. Next, they'll slowly start making using steam uncomfortable – shit like this, exclusives that are on windows store but not on steam, and even worse jewery later on (the depths of which are yet to be seen). Those with Win10 will eventually be forced to either go Windows Store, or switch to a different OS (at which point Microsoft will likely stop seelling other Win versions, and the normalfags will be fucked, their only alternative being Apple, which is the same exact shit. No normalfag is ever going to use Linux)

Don't forget the season pass. That's the thing that fucks up the playerbase.
Respawn and 343i understood it, that's why there's no season pass in Halo 5 and Titanfall 2.

Thats interesting, says a lot what I thought about that map. I also have to wonder whats next for CoD, it seems people are indifferent to it now.

Titanfall and the recent CODs aren't good but they're definitely a step up from the garbage they used to be.

Why? Even people that use Windows 10 still use Steam. I don't know why Microsoft and Facebook think they can compete at all while doing retarded bullshit

Most of them are, but things like rocket launchers, grenade launchers aren't and you can dodge them if you're quick enough. Part of the reason why I was disappointed that they replaced the dive jump you could do in Black Ops 1 & 2 with a slide in 3 was because, in the former, you could use the dive to dodge over rockets. It felt cool as fuck.

they've already done it with their own products. Microsoft wasn't the first OS and facebook isn't the first social media. they're huge companies that want to jew in on all of the money and by using their slimy methods they're probably going to succeed

Bad Company 2 > MW > 2 > WaW > MW2 (decent maps) > Black Cocks > the rest

Has anybody here actually played Infinite Warfare? How predictably shit/surprisingly not shit is it?

Gave it pirate, the story is surprisingly fun.

Pirates always win.

And it still tracks everything. Good good goy.

DSP isn't that bad at video games, just average. The compilation videos made by autists only show the bad parts of his gameplay without any context, any good gameplay is ignored. These videos really hurt his feelings, he is very self concious about his image. Also he only has to be greedy because he is in a rut and it's the only viable way to sustain himself; you don't know how deabilitating a back injury can be. DSP did nothing wrong!

Windows is an open OS. Always has been.

Funny. If that were actually true you'd think someone would have sued MS already?
Anyway I've set telemetry to 0 and ran wireshark so you'll have to excuse me for not believing the memes. Seeing is believing.

it was almost going a bit well, almost too well

The tinfoil is getting way too tight on your head, friendo

I gave it a pirate
Its Call of Duty with a tiny bit more movement options, but its still the same garbage.

No, its not

As someone who's played a few hours of IW so far after having not touched CoD since Black Ops 1, I have to say I'm more than impressed.

The campaign is damn good, has side missions and carry-over upgrades for future playthroughs, the zombies map that's out right now is fun and has a good aesthetic, and the multiplayer, which I know nothing about, has a lot of cool new features and a team system that lets you choose sides and earn upgrades based on who you support.

It's pretty goddamn fun.

FUCK. I don't even hate the game, but I fucking loathe Blizzard and their peace of shit platform.

And here come the normalfag shills
Anything can be fun, its a videogame, its your goddamned hobby.
archive.is/QnVjo

You should, along with its fanbase
Its the new ASSFAGGOTS

Nice reddit spacing, friendo. Now, to answer some of your questions.
Yes, I love the crazy future shit, cause it just adds to and one could argue that it completes the whole arcadey-ness of CoD. I mean, I loved the first 5 like most folks, got tired of the brown n bloom modern dullness (on account of changing very little), but now that they've outright thrown realism out the window, now we have crazy cybermagic cyborg rambos?
I'm on board.
not gonna buy the new one though, wasted my vidya money of the month on other stupid shit

Nah son, the jetpacks added to the wackiness. Leave realism to crap like project reality/arma, and let the arcadey games go full crazy arcade

This famalam.

"And here come the normalfag shills"

I fucking hate call of duty. I can't tell 90% of them apart and I probably buy maybe 1 or 2 fps games a year, if that. None AAA. I'm just saying that this is a lot more well made than what I remember the series being like the last time you played it. I'm sorry if the word "fun" triggers you or you've become jaded or whatever. I used to be the same way.

so which is it?

I've only played about an hour and a half of the multiplayer. I think I'm rank 5 or 6 so idk half the stuff. Just listing things I know about.

They havent gone full arcade though
If that was true, shit like Tribes or EDF would be the norm.

What do you mean become jaded?
If that was true I wouldnt be playing videogames at all, or modern videogames for that matter.

This shit is pure trash and the last CoD I pirated was Black Ops 2 which little runts like you were shilling using the same exact tactics and words.
While the last one I played was Black Ops 3 on a friends PS4, which was just as bad.
Fuckoff

Give it 4 years. It's already starting.

You're not even trying
Fuckoff

Give me examples

(checked)
Impressive, very nice

Memewatch and its clones really going into vogue. There's at least two or three there.

kys

Shit ronaldo, where'd the goalposts go? user moved them again!

Its fucking Fantasy besides being cartoony.
Normalfags love that shit

Story actually was interesting, but that's because like a lot of sci-fi settings concerning colonies rebelling, it took from Mobile Suit Gundam for its story. Took me 8 hours to finish it doing the side missions along with the primary missions,

Well yeah, I should. The faggots changed from Hots to OW, so I see where you're coming from.

I don't get why they didn't insert a multiplayer mode based around the space combat

I rented it, it was way too pozzed for me to finish.
The two white guys in the story are the weapons quartermaster (who is a huge Chinaboo) and the robot (he sounds like a midwestern white dude, anyway).
If you enjoy BBC (the channel or the fetish) then it might be your cup of tea.

because it had as much development put into it as an XBox Live Arcade game. Spin around, fire guns, occasionally launch flares. It would get dull after ten minutes.

It's not just about them spying on you, its the principle of them spying on the masses. I'd rather the retards use Android over W10 even though it obviously spies on you far more because Android is open source, and if there comes a time when we elect a dictator (what a timely sentiment) the masses will finally have reason to give a shit about their privacy. If they're all using shit like W10 because fags like you support it, then they won't be able to just grab a fork and have all of their stuff still be compatible. It'll be too inconvenient for them to switch to an OS that doesn't spy on you so they wont and we will have to put up with that dictator until she dies since noone can oppose her.

Anyone who thinks privacy is just about the government seeing your dick pics or hentai collection are kidding themselves.

No drivers.
It's as useful as a Linux box.

Well, keep tracking it, and if it genuinely doesn't do shifty shit in the background, it may be useful in the future.

Who cares?

Where do you think you are?