I love EYE, and I know from steamspy that tons of people own it...

I love EYE, and I know from steamspy that tons of people own it, but how many of the people that own it have even bothered starting or finishing it?

Do people outside of Holla Forums know about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/stats/EYEDivineCybermancy/achievements
vimeo.com/189703735
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I imagine not many. I never even got the true ending.
This is why cheevos are alright. You can easily track progress that way

I've gotten one ending on one character, didn't like the build so I rolled another. Got one ending there, going for all of them with him.

I never finished it and I am planning on starting it again soon enough. I chose a boring playstyle.

I've """""""completed"""""""" once, and anyone I've gifted it to never even fucking played it.
I'd say not many.

I'm looking at the cheevos now, but there doesn't seem to be achievements for finishing specific parts of the game

That said the easiest achievement has been achieved by just 49%

I got the true ending.

Actually if you check the achievements or progression of whatever, not only on steam but on most platforms, about 90% of the people that buy a game don't even get past half the content of the game.

In fact, there's a non negligeable part of people that purchased a game, and didn't even get the first achievement for it, 9 times out of 10 that achievement simply involves finishing the very first "section" or level of a game.
You'd be amazed how many people these days aren't good enough, or they don't have enough time, to even play more than 5 minutes of a game.

Oh right, I totally forgot this one has achievements.
Look at the super power cheevos like triangle gate. Those are late game powers you can only get through story progression.

These are people who bought the game on sale, always meant to play it, but have never actually got around to installing it an booting it up.

That's less than 20k people

I got to the first shootout

It sucks

That's not a very good benchmark. I've got 30 hours in the game and beat it, and I never learned that spell.

I played EYE and beat it, but it is very hard, I feel like peek a boo shooting is the only way to play, a lot one shot kill enemies

lol what a faggot

The game is balanced around wearing heavy armor and having heavy cranial upgrades to resist the random headshot kills.

Anything outside of that is considered challenge mode-tier, especially on Ghost+Invasion.

Does the game get better the farther you go along? I never get very far because I always find myself incredibly bored because the game feels so slow.

You really have to make your own fun, it's built around deciding how you want to play it, most maps are big playgrounds.

There are three you'll learn depending on the ending you take. I figured Triangular Gate would be the most common since that's what you get for siding with Mentor

You get an achievement called "Dark Secret" for reaching the true ending.
1.4% of the players have unlocked it according to steam.
steamcommunity.com/stats/EYEDivineCybermancy/achievements

I have 60 hours on record and have completely run out of things to do. Given that there are so few custom maps I don't know how people manage to put hundreds of hours in.

Thats not the real ending you got.

It's sold a shitload of copies because it routinely went on sale for a dollar. But of the people who even bothered to launch it, I have a feeling most normalfags go into the first mission, can't figure anything out regarding objectives, equipment, or some other hurdle, and drop it immediately. It takes some persistence to see how good the game can be, and it doesn't hold your hand. I wish multiplayer wasn't dead, but starting up a server for this game is kind of a pain in the dick from what I remember, so I can understand. It was pretty fun playing 32-man co-op mission servers around launch, when the game would just puke every objective at you at once and everyone would scatter madly to complete them all in about 90 seconds.

I did finish it, once solo, second time twice in a row in 20 minutes with 20 other Holla Forumsirgins
This shit was epic, we made a tower of legs on Mars

Also:

vimeo.com/189703735

Short movie trailer, when I saw it I thought "This is the closest thing to E.Y.E we could get as a movie"

I've completed all endings twice now. Never played multiplayer or gotten every Research and all the other shit though.

Wear at least medium armor, get some cybertech armor upgrades and the armor research upgrade, and put a bunch of points in Endurance and a few in Medicine. Make sure you're using a Medkit and a decent weapon. Most enemies don't one shot kill, just Deus Exs, Helicopters, and Secreta forces. At least on Master+Invasion, Ghost still seems ridiculous to me but I guess I should give it another shot.

This is what the publishers do. It gives them an excuse to say that something is wrong if only so many people complete the game and make the next game shit.

i bought it since it was on sale for about a dollar
played it for an hour, but i quit
i'm just bad at fps games, can't quite enjoy it that much

Read some guides, the games doesn't explain shit correctly, I got lost for dozens of hours and I had the game in french.
Plus it's not your FPS skill that will make you progress in the game as you mostly solve quests and genocide waves of monsters for brouzoufs

Also, get the Cybertech Cloak. Enemies won't know where you are even if cloak right in front of them as long they don't run into you or get a shot on you just after you cloak. Dermal Sheath can help too.

I want a game that plays like EYE but isn't bogged down with crap.

The pluses of EYE are many: it has AMAZING weapons, some cool augs, and a great inventory system. Also some interesting dialog when you can find it behind all the bullshit. But honestly there are so many things getting in the way of those good parts that I really can't enjoy it. It just feels so broken. The maps are too big and empty (and with limited sprint, that is even more of a kick in the teeth. it should not take ten fucking minutes to navigate the goddamn hub world just to buy your shit), the research system is annoying, the stats are broken (the fact that they start doubling the point costs for increasing a stat once that stat gets high enough isn't so bad, but then you consider the fact that you can bypass this limitation by giving yourself lethal wounds or by researching one-time boosts at the correct time, and it just feels busted. Also the progression is just too damn slow. I know you're supposed to grind to gain brozouf but upgrading anything barely feels like an improvement unless it's getting you a new weapon or aug), and of course the hazy story and unclear objectives give you a constant disconnect.

Just take EYE's fun weapons, good inventory system, and SOME of its level design (keep the level of detail and remove the stupid dead-ends, confusing maze-like structure, and giant empty areas you have to sprint through), and put it in a different, less cluttered game and I'd play it for hours.

I stopped my first playthrough but I decided recently to give it a more committed shot.
And with a better build now. I decided jokingly got go normal, normal, and normal at the start and reroll stats until I got something good. I got something that seem serviceable.

Personally I think you should just do 3x Metastreum instead if you're going to do that. Spend some more time rolling and you can get better results. Every stat is good except Mental Balance, which is awful. Avoid if Psi if you're not going to use your Psi powers that much and avoid Accuracy if you're (somehow) not going to use guns much. Strength and Agility are better if you use Melee but the speed they give is worth it no matter what. Between so many stats being good and the point system making stats more costly past a certain point I don't think there's ever a reason to not go Gray Master, except to specifically try to get those achievements.