Are there any 2D games that have combat like DMC 3/4?

Are there any 2D games that have combat like DMC 3/4?
It doesn't even need to be as good as it, something in the ballpark of Platinum's combat engine is fine too.

I'm just wondering because it'd be pretty cool to see.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/isHJy
archive.is/7Jmyg
twitter.com/CAS_Kicks/status/630061491236921348
twitter.com/CAS_Kicks/status/689568243057426435
archive.is/7D3AB
archive.is/WjhSO
archive.is/DeEBY
store.steampowered.com/app/240660/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sonic Battle

Fairy Bloom Ultra Encore or Fairy Bloom Freesia

Does this look like the face of mercy to you?

Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage

If you can get past the art style, the Dishwasher games are pretty crazy.

Valdis Story is 100% what OP asks for.
Shank is kinda sorta in there, but is floaty and not very enjoyable.
Guilty Gear Isuka and Judgement are belt scroller beat'em ups with guilty gear trademark combat.

Can confirm these.

Isn't Viewtiful Joe a good 2D cuhrayzee game. I never played it, but I heard it was

Smash Bros Melee as Fox

It's not very good.

smash bros?

Valdis Story is probably the best think to ever come out of kikescammer. Don't let the edgelord MC put your off, it's fantastic.

Aces Wild is probably my favorite 2D action game. The graphics looks like a flash game, there are only a handful of enemy types, and you only have 1 combo, 4 heavy attacks which can be charged, and a counter that you can also charge. But holy hell is it ever satisfying if you can git gud. The main thing of the game is that heavy attacks and counters can launch enemies into other enemies for extra damage. Only this game doesn't hold your hand and auto aim them like Viewtiful Joe, and depending on how much charge is put into the attack, then can continue to bounce off any level geometry. Nothing feels better than being in the perfect position to launch a strong enemy, clearing half the trash from the room, catch the original enemy on the rebound, and comboing it into position to launch it again clearing the rest of the room.

Oh man I completely forgot about this game.
It's great for satisfying your inner edgelord.

not as good as god hand, wonderful 101 has similar aesthetics and plays way better

it's a simple but very satisfying game that feels very cool to play.

they're nothing like eachother

Fucking this.
Though I personally liked Vampire Smile more. Good weapon and enemy variety. Solid controls and satisfying combos/kills. I also liked the neat gimmick where you can warp around the arena just by holding the thumbstick, which sounds overpowered, but there's so much shit going on on-screen that it requires practice to control and time properly. I also thought it had a really good OST that fit the action and atmosphere/art style of the game.

Valdis Story is as close to 2d DMC as you can get.
Fairy Bloom Freesia is pretty cuhrayzee, but it's arena based.
Muramasa is kind of sort of similar with its super fast paced 2d brawling.
I could also recommend Bleed, it's pretty obscure and the graphics are shit, but it's a solid skill based 2d shooter/slasher.

Just gonna mention a couple more that might or might not be good.

There's also that one new game by the devs of Fairy Bloom Freesia that I don't rememberthe name of.

Too bad The Ace's Wild dev is a faggot:

archive.is/isHJy
archive.is/7Jmyg

Goddammit.
I have recommended this game so many times and I had no idea.
I'd even go so far as to call it my favorite beatem up.

More cancer:

twitter.com/CAS_Kicks/status/630061491236921348

twitter.com/CAS_Kicks/status/689568243057426435

archive.is/7D3AB
archive.is/WjhSO
archive.is/DeEBY

Shieeeet

What the fuck is it with good games having the most gayest devs?

not really.
Bloodrayne: Betrayal is honestly the closet think to 2D DMC but its not as amazing as I'd like it to be because it was a budget title. I would love a really good 2D beat em up or Metriodvaina that had the complexity of Devil May cry.

PLEBS, ALL OF YOU

PLEEEEEEEEBS

Updates never ever. Also the developer is a SJW. I bought the game because basically no agenda pushing is happening and it's fun but it still kills me that the dev is awful outside of developing.

store.steampowered.com/app/240660/