Are there people that actually transitioned from PC gaming to console and not the other way around?

Are there people that actually transitioned from PC gaming to console and not the other way around?

I still have my Wii and PS2 that are both homebrewed, and I later bought an XBOX HUEG and dreamcast; with the 360 and PS3 collecting dust, that completes everything in both 6th and 7th gen. I wouldn't say I transferred to PC completely, as I favor playing multiplats on the consoles I have, if possible.It's mostly because my current build is in need of a better video card and cooling system to go along with it.

Fucking normalfag anons.

I'd say this is a thinly-veiled console war thread, but it's not really thinly-veiled at all.

Shut the fuck up, you insecure special snowflake.

If developers don't start getting their act together with Linux support I may be all but forced to "transition" back to primarily console vidya some day. What Windows has become with no sign of slowing down is no longer tolerable.

Stop posting these fucking console war threads.

I only ever saw that happen with retarded poorfags that bought pre built pcs and were huge casual fanboys of some shit franchise like final faggot

And you were fine with the complete loss of owning physical games?

It's not console wars if PC involved.

t. loopholer

No? The Windows experience of insecurity and being spied on and monitored from every orifice has become quite simply intolerable. I have no desire to move beyond Windows XP and its support from game developers is finally slowly dying. If Linux portage (which is increasing in recent years to its credit) does not continue to grow or stalls I will have no alternative but to return to primarily console vidya if I want to keep up with new games.

In that case, even building a separate Win 7 PC just as a dedicated gaming machine and treating it like a console is preferable to buying an actual console. There is literally nothing of value the 8th gen consoles offer over a PC and it's only going to get worse from here.

I grew up playing PC and bought a Gamecube because it was cheap as fuck, had some decent titles, and could play SSB with my friends

The Wii U has quite a lot of games I would like to be playing right now actually; I just haven't had the money for one.

What if gamedevs abandon Win7 support too?

Do you realize how long it took them to finally drop support for XP? By the time Win 7 support dies, the entire industry is going to be in a completely different state so we'll see what happens then.

Either you're fluent in nip or you're full of shit.

What are you talking about? Consoles are well on their way to completely throwing away the idea of physical media with the 20 gb updates they need and how even when you have a disc it needs to installed the whole game on your hard drive anyway. Physical console games don't even come with manuals anymore so what's even the point?

Owning physical games has nothing to do with
I think the problem is that people here are too young to actually grasp the concept.

Fuck off with your goy shill thread sliding tactics

I heard a rumor the Xbox One S would have keyboard + mouse support. I would probably switch if it had that. Alas it's just a rumor.

All current and previous generation consoles already have native USB keyboard and mouse support. Games just intentionally don't support it for sake of multiplayer balancing. So don't get your hopes up.

Way to miss the point you stupid fuck.

I switched from PC to console back in 2010. I cannot tell you how amazing it is as a FPS player to not have to deal with hackers anymore. Plus it's just so much simpler. THere's no having to make sure my rig can handle a game when a new one comes out, and I don't have to fuck with anything at all. I just buy a game and play it. Getting use to the controller was really hard though. Gaming on consoles use to be a joke to me, but after making the switch and actually playing on consoles for the better part of a decade now there is absolutely no way I would ever go back to playing on PC. The entire experience is just one giant, expensive headache.

CURB YOUR AUTISM AND DO NOT RESPOND.

You can buy products like the Xim 4 so that you can play with M&K, and Sony themselves have their own official M&K setup for the PS4 but most people consider that cheating.

So it's worth suffering through it?

Including gamedevs, which is the reason why they force controller input on you.
Funnily enough, using a $150 "Xbox Pro Controller" or using third party controller is not considered cheating.

And it's not a good thread if you're involved. Checked though.

Yea, it's worth it. It definitely takes quite while though to actually get good.

I bought my R9 390 a year ago and I never break a sweat when a new game release cause even if the game isn't optimized that well I know I'm a few setting tweaks away from getting 1080p 60 fps. It sounds like you fell into the meme of buying budget console price comparable hardware instead of just dropping some more money to make it a little future proof. Also playing FPS games on consoles is objectively a joke, a controller can never replicate the easy precision of a mouse. If you just casually play single player FPS games then fine do whatever you want but I cringe when anyone brags about how good they are at console competitive FPS games cause it's the equivalent of bragging about winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics.

I thought about getting one of those, but the costs were off-putting. I also read that KB+M do not act like KB+M on PC. I read it's slower and a harder to use because the mouse is emulating the right stick and it's not accurate at all. Is that true?

I'm using Y-inverted mouse aim since 1994. That's going to take a looong time.

Uhm… the developers don't care if you use a third party controller because it's not cheating.

They don't want you to use a mouse and keyboard because then you can program hacks. This is why there are so many hackers on PC, but zero on consoles, since consoles are unhackable.

Also LOL at spending $900 for a good gaming PC. Enjoy your viruses. Consoles are WAY cheaper and who cares if games are $60? At least we don't have viruses.

You don't need more than a silky smooth cinematic 24FPS anyway, since anything beyond that looks unnatural. Look up the Soap Opera Effect if you don't believe me.

People fucking HATED the new hobbit movie because of how smooth it looked, they LIKE the stutter/juddering effect you get at low framerates. That's what they associate with movies.

It's the same with games, and honestly it's really freaking sad that you guys keep trying to meme MUH 60 FPS like it's ever going to become the norm. It's never going to happen.

There's also the topic of racist, misogynistic goobergaters being almost exclusively from the PC crowd. Console gamers are more than happy to support diversity in games without peeing our pants and foaming at the mouth, hurling abuse online.

Honestly I'm glad PC gaming is dying.

The last time I built a PC was in either 2005 or 2006. I went for a Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT, overclocked it, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard, and an AMD Athlon Processor. The only thing that could be even close to being called budget would've been the processor and even it was actually really good for the time. I future proofed the fuck out of it and it was still turned to complete shit in about 4 or 5 years and couldn't even handle Bad Company 2 when it came out. I was either going to have to buy a new processor and another 7800 GT or the smarter choice of buying a new processor and a whole new GPU (both of which would've needed to be high end for 2010 in order to last long enough to justify the expense) altogether and forgo the SLI headache, or go the cheaper route and just buy a PS3. I bought the PS3 and still don't regret it. The only time I even came close to anything resembling regret was while I was trying to get use to using a controller.

I transitioned from PC gaming to handheld.

From 2005 on I went from Athlon XP to Athlon64, Athlon64 X2, Phenom II X4 and Intel Xeon E3, also through Geforce 6800, 9600 GT and GTX 560.
The last iteration felt like a waste, because it saw almost nothing beside XCOM EU/EW, Minecraft, Kerbal Space Program and Spelunky. Star Citizen didn't made it.

Yeah, that's why hit exclusives like Bloodborne™ and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End' have been consistently voted the best games of this generation.

Riiiight.

sympathy (you) for your effort and dubs

5 years is usually the turnaround time for having obsolete hardware even if you do future proof it. I built a PC back in 2011 with a AMD Phenom 2 x6 1090T Black Edition, a EVGA 560TI and I just retired it a year ago. Even around the time I built my new PC my old machine could still preform decently in a lot of games if they were not too CPU intensive.

There is no future proofing.

Built mine in 2012, and it's getting to be time to upgrade. Perfect timing too, since they just released the 7700K's specs and and price, and it'll soundly dethrone the 4790K in STP for only $10 more. Can cannibalize most of my build, just need an LGA 1151 mobo, a 1070 and that sweet 7700K when it's released.

Thanks user, have a schizo webm

I have photographic evidence that you are wrong.

Nice, hadn't seen that one.

Fuck that shit, I want that machine!

Nice Model M